Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783122 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by hammed71(m): 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
guys please any suggestions for schools that offers masters in international relations?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nelson2015: 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
nairaspace:

Not advisable. Western Union will actually block you from using their service and i am saying this from experience but not mine though.

Only if you stated in your DS160 that you already have a Bsc.

nope i didn't..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by nelson2015: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
godG:

Your bossliness, MSc, please. Whatever good plan it takes, go for it. Undergrad is like shooting yourself in the leg.

can i go for the msc .......
already about paying for the GRE exam
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
nelson2015:

can i go for the msc .......
already about paying for the GRE exam

Way to go!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
dannybrown19:

Boss, hw does the transfer work from an account here to a domiciliary account in Naija and what's the maximum one can transfer?

i bank with Chase and two credit unions
with chase its a flat fee of 40bucks depending on your bank just add the account as an external account under wire transfer and fill the details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Jchi9876: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
Rahmeek:

I changed my mind because of the following reasons:
It is very cold in ND while in TX, the weather is ok.
ND is a white stronghold, TX,Houston especially is a black stronghold. I will feel more athome there.
Tho ND is cheaper in terms of cost of living but TX, jobs pay higher wages and alot of jobs there to grab
The houston is big. I will make more friends and explore the usa better because after NY,LA,CHI no city has more people than H-town
Also its location. I can easily visit states like CA, FL, GA, NC, SC from there because flights would be cheaper from there.
Then Cars, cars are cheap in houston than any place in USA. I can easily be buying and shipping to nigeria because there is a big port there.
Alot of african restaurants in houston. Shopping places and things to do
Houston is very diverse even more than NY now. [Black,white,latino,asian,arabs] all are there
Lastly, it is easy to get Green card in state of texas although even if i get it,i would want to return to nigeria to start a career as a diplomat

Regards!!

Funny dude see as you break am down like say you dey cook ofe akwu.
You never see anything you dey nigeria dey dream all dis one.

ok ooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
biikeys:

Why don't you go for a course with better carrier prospects...makes your life easier as well in the long run.

Hmmm. Are you saying it has a low career prospect? I am also applying for an MPA degree. For Arts and social students, our courses are usually broad and not streamlined like sciences courses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Jchi9876:

i bank with Chase and two credit unions
with chase its a flat fee of 40bucks depending on your bank just add the account as an external account under wire transfer and fill the details
I bank with First international bank. Don't knw if that works with them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by dannybrown19: 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Jchi9876:

ok ooooo
grin grin shey na list?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
Jchi9876:

ok ooooo
Lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2016
warriboy21:

I'm sure de pay more in CA Dats Y it's expensive to live Der.. So Ders a balance....

Yeah they pay higher. But not much difference. But what is the difference when you work 1 full month and earn $2000 then you pay $1000 + for studio, pay utility bills and you are left with maybe less or $500-700. You aren't saving and it is not wise. But in a place like texas, you work and earn $2000 or let me say $1500 monthly, you pay $500 for a good looking self contained apartment monthly.pay your utility bills, save the rest .and you have other business opportunities in TX compared to CA that is chilling place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
hammed71:
guys please any suggestions for schools that offers masters in international relations?

Yeah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
Jchi9876:

ok ooooo

Mehn US is not my problem. If u want i can snap my passport pages for you to see. I have visited countries not country. I am more than that. Always try to know a person better before you try to look down on the person .i was having an educative interaction with a reasonable person and you just popped in to say bullshit. Grow up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
hammed71:

Try SCHILLER INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, FLORIDA
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, NEWYORK
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, AUSTIN
ALLIANT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, CALIFORNIA
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FRESNO
SAN FRANSISCO STATE UNIVERSITY
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY. But your concentration in kentucky would be on DIPLOMACY.

REGARDS!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 11:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Rahmeek:

Yeah they pay higher. But not much difference. But what is the difference when you work 1 full month and earn $2000 then you pay $1000 + for studio, pay utility bills and you are left with maybe less or $500-700. You aren't saving and it is not wise. But in a place like texas, you work and earn $2000 or let me say $1500 monthly, you pay $500 for a good looking self contained apartment monthly.pay your utility bills, save the rest .and you have other business opportunities in TX compared to CA that is chilling place
I just had to log in to post this. Where are you getting these ridiculous figures from? The internet? Do you live in CA? If you don't, then I don't think you would know anything about the pay structure and housing situation in California. Stop making up figures please.

And who told you it's easy to get a green card in Texas? Lol. I laugh. You better remove your rose colored glasses and set realistic expectations for yourself before you get to the US. Ask people living in Houston and Texas about how many of them have gotten green cards and how easy it is to get jobs.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 11:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
Rahmeek:

Mehn US is not my problem. If u want i can snap my passport pages for you to see. I have visited countries not country. I am more than that. Always try to know a person better before you try to look down on the person .i was having an educative interaction with a reasonable person and you just popped in to say bullshit. Grow up

Bros,He never abused you..Na how he be he dey talk...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Good evening
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 13, 2016
MsNas:

I just had to log in to post this. Where are you getting these ridiculous figures from? The internet? Do you live in CA? If you don't, then I don't think you would know anything about the pay structure and housing situation in California. Stop making up figures please.

And who told you it's easy to get a green card in Texas? Lol. I laugh. You better remove your rose colored glasses and set realistic expectations for yourself before you get to the US. Ask people living in Houston and Texas about how many of them have gotten green cards and how easy it is to get jobs.

Good day,
Your such a funny malam. Did you even read what me and the young man were discussing? I was making an instance for him and you just made a conclusion. What do you know about the US?.wake up. CA is more expensive than TX quote me anywhere. Why most nigerians this days don't get green card is due to their ways abroad, when they indulge in all sort of things just to get citizenship or PR. When you study hard and make yourself outstanding, whatelse can stop you from getting PR? When they know your capabilities, sure they will sponsor you for your GC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 12:23am On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

what if me and 2 personshare dat studio apt in CA grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 12:24am On Feb 13, 2016
veleta:
Please guys,can I send money through western union or money gram to myself and cash it by myself toowhen I get to Usa .please, how long can the money be in transit before I can cash it and hope its dollar that i would receive?would be coming for vacation and the black market rate is too high.thanks for your response

Why would you send money to yourself. Don't you trust anyone enough to send it like your siblings? That should sound better. Or you should let someone send it while you are still in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Fortissimo:
But guys regarding OPT, does it matter where ur school is? Aren't the applications done online? So really I'd assume sm1 in mississippi shd be able to apply for, and get OPT in new York. Or am I missing something?

No are correct. Anywhere goes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 12:31am On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Good day,
Your such a funny malam. Did you even read what me and the young man were discussing? I was making an instance for him and you just made a conclusion. What do you know about the US?.wake up. CA is more expensive than TX quote me anywhere. Why most nigerians this days don't get green card is due to their ways abroad, when they indulge in all sort of things just to get citizenship or PR. [s]When you study hard and make yourself outstanding, whatelse can stop you from getting PR?[/s] [s]When they know your capabilities, sure they will sponsor you for your GC.[/s]

I strongly disagree with this line among others. Only a quite few organizations are ready to sponsor your PR. The more reason why at the mention of F1 status during most job interviews... you're done.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mayflowa(m): 12:37am On Feb 13, 2016
MsNas:

I tire for the guy. He knows next to nothing about Texas and others states in the US even more so, the way they are structured.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 12:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Rahmeek:

Good day,
Your such a funny malam. Did you even read what me and the young man were discussing? I was making an instance for him and you just made a conclusion. What do you know about the US?.wake up. CA is more expensive than TX quote me anywhere. Why most nigerians this days don't get green card is due to their ways abroad, when they indulge in all sort of things just to get citizenship or PR. When you study hard and make yourself outstanding, whatelse can stop you from getting PR? When they know your capabilities, sure they will sponsor you for your GC.
I read what you wrote very well. I only suggested you remove your rose colored glasses before you come here. You choice. Bye.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 12:47am On Feb 13, 2016
imperiouxx:

I strongly disagree with this line among others. Only a quite few organizations are ready to sponsor your PR. The more reason why at the mention of F1 status during most job interviews... you're done.
Leave him. He will learn. You know how many corporations shut shut me down immediately they heard I'm on F-1? Lmao. I had an interview with Charles Schwab, the interview was going on smothly until the lady asked what my status was. Immediately I said F-1 she just said "We apologize... bla bla bla" and cut the line oo. Did not even give me time to explain. I emailed her back, but maybe she will reply me tomorrow sha.

Another one, I have had like 4 interviews with them, but when the recruiter kept talking about visa status, visa status, I knew I was done for. They kept me hanging for like 2 months before they sent me the rejection email. After I had filled form for background check o. Countless of interviews like that.

Anyways, experience is the best teacher. cheesy How are you jare?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by MsNas(f): 12:49am On Feb 13, 2016
Mayflowa:

I tire for the guy. He knows next to nothing about Texas and others states in the US even more so, the way they are structured.
I just weak cheesy The guy siddon for Naija...thousands of miles away, dey analyze California pay structure and housing. Lmao. For him eye, dem dey dash green card for the streets of H-Town. If to say the Houston is all that sef, I will concede small. cheesy Home of ratchet Nigerians tongue

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 13, 2016
warriboy21:

what if me and 2 personshare dat studio apt in CA grin

Lol. You can do that so long as you guys are cool. But one thing is everyone loves comfort and privacy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 1:37am On Feb 13, 2016
MsNas:

I just weak cheesy The guy siddon for Naija...thousands of miles away, dey analyze California pay structure and housing. Lmao. For him eye, dem dey dash green card for the streets of H-Town. If to say the Houston is all that sef, I will concede small. cheesy Home of ratchet Nigerians tongue
What do u expect? U no wan make him feel janded? Lolzzzz. Wish nairaland was like fb,atleast pesin for dey see pictures of some of these "janded' dudes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 1:39am On Feb 13, 2016
[b][/b] CBN BANS USE OF NAIRA FOR OVERSEE STUDIES...ghen ghen!!!! According to Boason Omofaye, the head of business news at Channels television, who made this assertion this morning, overseas school fees and medical tourism have been placed on CBN’s foreign exchange prohibitive list. By this directive, Nigerians who may need to go outside the country for education purpose or health care will have to get the foreign currency from the parallel market to carry out their engagements. This reason for this new development could not be ascertained but it may not be unconnected to the weakening state of the Nigerian currency against the dollar on the parallel market. GUYS WHAT'S THE IMPLICATION?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 2:13am On Feb 13, 2016
MsNas:

At least we dey chop 3 square meals nwere mmanya support ya. tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 3:02am On Feb 13, 2016
malory84:

Hmmm. Are you saying it has a low career prospect? I am also applying for an MPA degree. For Arts and social students, our courses are usually broad and not streamlined like sciences courses.

Think long term. How about something in Accounting, Finance..or even IT etc. Basically, you need to research and find a balance between what you want to do and what can put you in a good position to get jobs post-graduation. Remember, getting a visa is only a first step.
Your choice though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by warriboy21(m): 3:16am On Feb 13, 2016
MsNas:

Leave him. He will learn. You know how many corporations shut shut me down immediately they heard I'm on F-1? Lmao. I had an interview with Charles Schwab, the interview was going on smothly until the lady asked what my status was. Immediately I said F-1 she just said "We apologize... bla bla bla" and cut the line oo. Did not even give me time to explain. I emailed her back, but maybe she will reply me tomorrow sha.

Another one, I have had like 4 interviews with them, but when the recruiter kept talking about visa status, visa status, I knew I was done for. They kept me hanging for like 2 months before they sent me the rejection email. After I had filled form for background check o. Countless of interviews like that.

Anyways, experience is the best teacher. cheesy How are you jare?
so does it mean ders no hope for f1 students job aftea school

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.