Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783266 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks alot guys. 2 schools are demanding the evaluated transcript, the other 2 says its must be official; in sealed envelops, sent by the school. This application process is really draining, not to talk of the money you have to spend on application fees, chasing lecturers up and down for LOR. Congrats to anyone who has gotten an offer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cremeuc: 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
if its too stressful for you. why dont u try australia, its way easier
malory84:
Thanks alot guys. 2 schools are demanding the evaluated transcript, the other 2 says its must be official; in sealed envelops, sent by the school. This application process is really draining, not to talk of the money you have to spend on application fees, chasing lecturers up and down for LOR. Congrats to anyone who has gotten an offer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
malory84:
Now that's cool. So what u will do is use either ierf or wes to evaluate d transcript n dey wl send to the two schools,then the other two u can send official. But be reminded dat wes is cool but the delay na die. Ierf is cool and no delay,cos they don't write back to ur UG school. U can start with d one dt needs official transcript. Dats 20k,den plan towards the other ones. All d best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:
Hi everyone! Need ur advise, pls... I studied project management as undergrad and finished wt 4.03. Any advise on schools that offer assistantship? Criteria and necessary info. Scored 88 on TOEFL and preparing for GRE. I need ur contributions pls. I'll prefer Minnesota or states very close to it. Thanks.
pls I need ur help guys on this matter. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:
pls I need ur help guys on this matter. Thanks
Have u tried minnesota state university or university of minnesota. u can also use this link to find the list of some schools in minnesota: http://www.free-4u.com/Colleges/Minnesota-Colleges.html. then click any of the schools and scroll down to check if they offer your course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 2:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
cremeuc:
if its too stressful for you. why dont u try australia, its way easier

Thanks alot. I have two kids, so i am limited to places were i have family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Anybody @ Tennessee Tech? I need your help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
Have u tried minnesota state university or university of minnesota. u can also use this link to find the list of some schools in minnesota: http://www.free-4u.com/Colleges/Minnesota-Colleges.html. then click any of the schools and scroll down to check if they offer your course.
Thanks. Tried checking though but non safe few private schools. Can pls u suggest any other states/schools? And also, assistantship is big focus here. Thanks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:
Thanks. Tried checking though but non safe few private schools. Can pls u suggest any other states/schools? And also, assistantship is big focus here. Thanks boss
Bro I can't suggest a school for u. Just go to google then type list of universities in the us that offer project management or check for a nice state then type list of schools in that state that offer ur course. Den write dem down on a paper den state checkin deir requirements one by one. Minnesota state university is not private,there are many public schools there in minnesota that offer instate tuition and assitantship too. That site I send to u gives u a list of schools dat offer assistantship,once u click on any of them den scroll down u will see percentage of assistantships offered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:

The conventional wisdom is that private schools are "surer" or safeties for internationals.

There are thousands of schools in the US. U need to do the grunt work of searching. I searched about 100 school websites to arrive at my list of schools to apply to.

It's on the school's website that you'll find the best info on admission requirements and financial aid.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by phatdon4u: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
Bro I can't suggest a school for u. Just go to google then type list of universities in the us that offer project management or check for a nice state then type list of schools in that state that offer ur course. Den write dem down on a paper den state checkin deir requirements one by one. Minnesota state university is not private,there are many public schools there in minnesota that offer instate tuition and assitantship too. That site I send to u gives u a list of schools dat offer assistantship,once u click on any of them den scroll down u will see percentage of assistantships offered.
ok. Thanks boss. U rock.. I'll do just that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by malory84: 3:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
I need to send my SOP to someone to read and evaluate. Especially someone who doesn't know me. I don write English, English one come write me. Ple4ase can anyone volunteer to step in as an Admissions Committee? lol . With that said, i could send it via email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
malory84:
I need to send my SOP to someone to read and evaluate. Especially someone who doesn't know me. I don write English, English one come write me. Ple4ase can anyone volunteer to step in as an Admissions Committee? lol . With that said, i could send it via email.
No be small thing. Me too don write oooo. These gurus never come online. Abeg where these gurus in da house? We need u guys ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thats why its best to email the schools or check their requirements carefully.
Fortissimo:

Some schools do not accept 3rd party evaluations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:

A few suggestions:
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Moorehead (not sure of the spelling)
St Clouds State University

And since MN is in Midwest, you should look at schools in Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan...

Above all, you will do the bulk of your research yourself, no one will help you with that. Best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
phatdon4u:
ok. Thanks boss. U rock.. I'll do just that
usnews will give you list of schools and rankings. www.msinus.com would also come in handy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mekurexx:
That is why its best to email the schools or check their requirements carefully.
Exactly, requirements differ by departments, so it is better to check in with the graduate coordinator of the department. He is privy of all information that can get you into the department, although you can also get the general minimum requirements off the school's website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good day folks,
I want to seek advice from you all, please help a confused soul. I just concluded my BS (OAU) with a GPA > 3.7/4. I intend to take GRE this year, and I am trusting God and this wonderful thread. I have few questions to ask you all:
1. Can i apply for Phd directly in the US? if yes, what are the things with which I should arm myself?
2. I need a full scholarship for I am weak financially, should i concentrate solely on USA?
3. What other countries would you suggest i try?
I wanna major in Biotechnology.
Thanks as always
Best regards
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 15, 2016
fizzile:
No be small thing. Me too don write oooo. These gurus never come online. Abeg where these gurus in da house? We need u guys ooo
You don't need to pen down all the there is in a vocab. Be succinct and concise, your points are what is needed. I am not in anyway saying you should write without a better structure, but truth is they just want to read a statement that reflects and better presents your motivation and how you have excelled in your previous academic or occupational endeavors.

godG, the one and only sub and chief editor... smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Jumybecks:
Good day folks,
I want to seek advice from you all, please help a confused soul. I just concluded my BS (OAU) with a GPA > 3.7/4. I intend to take GRE this year, and I am trusting God and this wonderful thread. I have few questions to ask you all:
1. Can i apply for Phd directly in the US? if yes, what are the things with which I should arm myself?
2. I need a full scholarship for I am weak financially, should i concentrate solely on USA?
3. What other countries would you suggest i try?
I wanna major in Biotechnology.
Thanks as always
Best regards
Yes you can apply for a straight PhD. You have a good GPA, and should focus acing your GRE with nothing less than 310. Sourcing for good profs who can recommend you and also scribbling down your SOP. Make sure you send your SOP out for critique and editing. If you can write TOEFL, that would be good, though its not a requirement but would be an edge for a GTA.

Look for safe schools, I mean mid-tier schools that offer funding. Try and check schools around Southern parts of the US. From time to time, come back and state the progress you've made so far and I am sure people here will comment on it.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2016
Slimmy is back! smiley This time as Slimmy2005. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
slimmy2005:
You don't need to pen down all the there is in a vocab. Be succinct and concise, your points are what is needed. I am not in anyway saying you should write without a better structure, but truth is they just want to read a statement that reflects and better presents your motivation and how you have excelled in your previous academic or occupational endeavors.

godG, the one and only sub and chief editor... smiley

fizzile:

#ThatsAll. Just make it simple. If you use complex structures without mastery, you lose the ownership of your piece. And don't forget to use the registers of your field. Good luck.

I go do like say I no see the 'chief editor' part. For where? shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Slimmy is back! smiley This time as Slimmy2005. wink
smiley Nwannem!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
godG:

#ThatsAll. Just make it simple. If you use complex structures without mastery, you lose the ownership of your piece. And don't forget to use the registers of your field. Good luck.

I go do like say I no see the 'chief editor' part. For where? shocked
Fulbright no be Tetfund o.. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 5:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
slimmy2005:

Ermmm... Biko, I go miss Fullbright. grin The awoof...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
The guy is modest to the core.
slimmy2005:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2016
People joke with this part of application.
Then apply to school that only waives out-of-state tuition.
Who go pay the remaining 5000 dollars?
slimmy2005:
Exactly, requirements differ by departments, so it is better to check in with the graduate coordinator of the department. He is privy of all information that can get you into the department, although you can also get the general minimum requirements off the school's website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
sirRiddy:
People joke with this part of application.
Then apply to school that only waives out-of-state tuition.
Who go pay the remaining 5000 dollars?
My brother, exchange rate na 325. Even the $1400 wey we dey pay per semester sef, I wish say I get another scholarship smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Lol. cheesy
slimmy2005:
My brother, exchange rate na 325. Even the $1400 wey we dey pay per semester sef, I wish say I get another scholarship smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by godG: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
sirRiddy:
The guy is modest to the core.

You know say na u modest pass. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 15, 2016
godG:

You know say na u modest pass. cheesy
Make una dey tease una sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 15, 2016
Welcome back. Abeg no deactivate again o.
slimmy2005:
Make una dey tease una sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.