Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:53 AM

Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east (44536 Views)

Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / Federal Appointments: Buhari Didn’t Inform Me Of My Non-inclusion -onu / APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by bloodkiIler: 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Beremx:
Freeglobe,i see you o! What's your opinion about this? I will agree with whatever you say. grin

Beremx happy Sunday kiss
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by DrGroove(f): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2015
Appareil:
You must be a child and if not, then your upbringing had issues.Which kind evil talk be that?
Bla Bla Bla..Drink poison! Fooooool
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2015
winniz:

Jonathan also gave Northerners lots of Juicy appointments, so what's your point?

Pls tell the boy

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Appareil(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
DrGroove:

Bla Bla Bla..Drink poison! Fooooool
Aha!!!!! Your second comment confirms my suspicions.You no dey ok!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by OfoIgbo: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Sweetlemon:

This thread is for people like you. https://www.nairaland.com/2560326/lets-look-buharis-appointments-another

Jonathan's "juiciest" appointments were from SS and SE for Christ's sake! Why wasn't it an issue then?
But why are we like this mbok? Why is the average Nigerian so addicted to backwardness? Are we cursed or something?

But at the same time a northerner was the vice president, the NSA, the minister of Defence, the chief of Defence staff, the comptroller of custom, prison e.t.c All these are key and very juicy positions with a lot of independence

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Bollinger(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
2sex:
are trying to tell me now that the North have more competent hands that other regions?

I didn't say Nigeria is a family business but Nigeria, like every entity in the universe is network of relationships.

If we go by your analogy, do companies employ behind close doors generally or they flung the doors open for applicants to fill vacant position?

Therefore, let Buhari throw the opportunity open for screening and let's see, if we are to go by your analogy.

This is how it's done in normal societies. When you elect a president, you are saying that you have given him/her your total trust in running the country. How he does it within the confines of the law is his/her business. If he does not do a good job, then guess what, his party and himself will not be re elected in the next election. The buck stops with him. That is why proper screening is done before you elect a leader. You grill and ask tough questions before voting so that you don't encounter surprises. Nigerians are too emotional. You elect leaders based on emotion instead of objectivity and common sense. Buhari appealed to Nigerians emotion and won. Now everyone is crying over spilled milk. All Nigerians cared about was getting 5000 naira a month for doing nothing and promises of building sky scrappers on the moon. Buhari and jonathan are both useless and as far as i am concerned and Nigerians got and are getting what they deserve. There is nothing anyone can do about it now until his 4 years are up. Then maybe Nigerians will wise up in the next election and decide the next leader based on objectivity rather than emotions.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Akpan107(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?
God bless you. only time shall tell. i really pitty our Yoruba brothers, this is actually not how they thought it will happen. shame wont allow some of them to talk against Buhari one sided appointments... pls, somebody should help me with Lai Muhammed's phone number. i just have to ask him how far?

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by billyG(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
justdivine:
President do sometin b4 sometin do u. Ameachi see what u cause? Nah devil go punish u. U no go die better. Dis President no get plan for us @ all. Hmmmmmmm
Take hart bro,dnt be suicidal..
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by secretsofpeace(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2015
Do not pacify us! Run your government the way it suits you! Our time will surely come... We the Igbos are the most hated tribe on planet earth because people are afraid of us!!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by melzabull(f): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:
Exactly why I insist Baba ignore these Wailers. The only thing that can really pacify them is his death and nothing less.
I see how st√pid you are, you insist he should ignore them but should continue to depend on their oil to feed his parasitic region.

Useless fool.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Bollinger(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2015
secretsofpeace:
Do not pacify us! Run your government the way it suits you! Our time will surely come... We the Igbos are the most hated tribe on planet earth because people are afraid of us!!

I agree with the bolded and not the other part. Igbos are hated because of their rountinely unwanranted aggression and the civil war.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 175(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2015
lekjons:
and if he still appoints another northerner now, y'all will still wail, the question is...

*in DMX's voice* "What These Bitches Want From A Nigga?"
what do u people really want!??

I just tort of wat to say to u, nothing expect "thunder fire you" kept propping outtta my mouth.

so thunder fire you there!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by nwaanambra1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:
[s]So why don't you just stfu by stuffing your gob with decomposing shiiit from Jonacraft's septic tank and wait until that time to draw your daggers?? cheesy

And by the way, the trash you just wrote is full of contradictions. Lastly, even after four years he does nothing, you can't do more than wail some more on the internet. We've seen even more belligerent elements issue countless ultimatums, all of which amounted to NADA! grin [/s]

SILLY RESPONSE.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
chymystique:
Medicine after death laced with lies after giving juicy appointments to his brothers.. Soon Gabbage Shehu will claim thats not what his oga @ d top said. He should fulfil his campaign promises and not forget to shove his useless appointments down his frail throat... Bigot! undecided

PS if PMB likes he should even make a northerner his VP, it wont stop the north from being poverty stricken... we the south easterners dont need his appointment to earn our daily living afterall na his fellow abokis that do shine our shoes

Nne pls say it again.

We don't need appointments to be relevant or impactful as a people!

Proudly 5%
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 175(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
melzabull:
I see how st√pid you are, you insist he should ignore them but should continue to depend on their oil to feed his parasitic region.

Useless fool.

Stop wasting ur time with a cow! Omenka na one of Buhari cows for Daura

Regards,
175, GCON
CPS to Barcanista, GCFR

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by omenka(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
melzabull:

Useless fool.
See painment. cheesycheesy
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by lekjons(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
175:

I just tort of wat to say to u, nothing expect "thunder fire you" kept propping outtta my mouth.

so thunder fire you there!
gringringrin
Sorry bro. itz just a question anyway!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 2sex(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
Bollinger:

This is how it's done in normal societies. When you elect a president, you are saying that you have given him/her your total trust in running the country. How he does it within the confines of the law is his/her business. If he does not do a good job, then guess what, his party and himself will not be re elected in the next election. The buck stops with him. That is why proper screening is done before you elect a leader. You grill and ask tough questions before voting so that you don't encounter surprises. Nigerians are too emotional. You elect leaders based on emotion instead of objectivity and common sense. Buhari appealed to Nigerians emotion and won. Now everyone is crying over spilled milk. All Nigerians cared about was getting 5000 naira a month for doing nothing and promises of building sky scrappers on the moon. Buhari and jonathan are both useless and as far as i am concerned and Nigerians got and are getting what they deserve. There is nothing anyone can do about it now until his 4 years are up. Then maybe Nigerians will wise up in the next election and decide the next leader based on objectivity rather than emotions.
I agree with your point wholly but then GEJ caused it. Thousands of people didn't want Buhari if there had been a better highly marketable canditate. PMB won because of media fan fare with billions spent. Many notable but less popular canditate didn't have the money to spend in order to make a lot of noise.

Even Obama emerged as a winner, though from a less visible platform going by his skin colour, a lot was spent to market him.

Who makes the loudest noise win these day o... It's all about noise.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by melzabull(f): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
nwaanambra1:

oga! am NOT a wailer! fact is BUBU hates us Igbos! i used to protest that fact but its now fully confirmed!

he can shove his ministerial or whatever appointments we don't need it! he has put the Niger bridge project on hold - no P! i no longer expect anything from him for the Igbos!

GEJ scammed us and we did not die is it Buhari's disappointment that will kill us? Mbanu! we are a tough people!

IF AFTER 4 YEARS OF BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT AND THERE IS NO SERIOUS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PRESENCE IN ALA IGBO, IT WILL BE A FULL ARMS STRUGGLE! NOT ANY STUPID RADIO AND TV PROPAGANDA BY ONE SCAMMER! angry

God bless PMB! sad

It is people like you we tell 'good morning'

bless ke? OK 'kwantniuu'
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by melzabull(f): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:
See painment. cheesycheesy
keep laughing at your folly while buharis Fulani brothers are on their way to destroy, maim and kill your people in benue. As an igede man you think you are safe?

We shall see who laughs last
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Bollinger(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2015
2sex:
I agree with your point wholly but then GEJ caused it. Thousands of people didn't want Buhari if there had been a better highly marketable canditate. PMB won because of media fan fare with billions spent. Many notable but less popular canditate didn't have the money to spend in order to make a lot of noise.

Even Obama emerged as a winner, though from a less visible platform going by his skin colour, a lot was spent to market him.

Who makes the loudest noise win these day o... It's all about noise.

True. Now that we know this, then Nigerians need to look past the noise and search objectively for a prime candidate.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by melzabull(f): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
175:

Stop wasting ur time with a cow! Omenka na one of Buhari cows for Daura .
. Regards, 175, GCON CPS to Barcanista, GCFR
Lol...the guy na real cow grin
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 1miccza: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
*singing* story for the gods the gods eee
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by 9ja4Change(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
chymystique:
Medicine after death laced with lies after giving juicy appointments to his brothers.. Soon Gabbage Shehu will claim thats not what his oga @ d top said. He should fulfil his campaign promises and not forget to shove his useless appointments down his frail throat... Bigot! undecided

PS if PMB likes he should even make a northerner his VP, it wont stop the north from being poverty stricken... we the south easterners dont need his appointment to earn our daily living afterall na his fellow abokis that do shine our shoes

Your comment is senseless coz if another northerner is appointed tomorrow again, you wailing Wailers would be crying marginalisation all over again!
Greedy people always wanna reap what they did not sow!!!! angry
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by omenka(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
melzabull:
keep laughing at your folly while buharis Fulani brothers are on their way to destroy, maim and kill your people in benue. As an igede man you think you are safe?

We shall see who laughs last

Why don't you let us worry about our problems while you sort your drugs and robbery problems out?? cheesy

You barrelheads just push one to say things they don't wanna say.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by midasbliss(f): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
DrGroove:
I thought SE are clamouring for Biafra,why are they expecting appointments in Nigeria?
Am 100% in satisfied with PMB's appointments so far!
if he is a wise man,he should not give any single human being from the SE(Abia,Anambra,Imo,Enugu,Ebonyi) post
what do they even have to offer apart from fake drugs,cocaine pushers,fake products,fraud,arm robbery,baby factories.all in d name of business
This comment is unfair...
not cool at all.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:
Toh. Their wahala. As long as whoever is being appointed wouldn't taint this admin by practising PDP style leadership, trying to outdo themselves in stealing, I'm fine with it.

Watch some generic fools come spit trash like "he should keep his appointments to himself, we don't need it", when ironically same people were at the forefront of lashing out at the president over some perceived lopsided appointments.

Baba, let me say this- nothing can please these guys besides seeing your head on a spike! You best ignore those trying so hard to distract you from fixing this rickety vehicle PDP handed over to you, a vehicle they drove for 16years without as much as changing its tires, engine oil, or spark plugs. The day you start paying undue attention to these distractions, that is the day you start failing like your predecessor.
I6yrs Pdp drove the vehicle but the drivers like Obj and Atiku are now saints in Apc
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by midasbliss(f): 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2015
One Nigeria? Please? sad
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
midasbliss:

One Nigeria?
Please?
sad
Babe, one Nigeria? Doubts, Doubts, Doubts...Nothing to be patriotic about......How did we get here??

because today is sunday....i will just say it is well!
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by Okies27(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
Yhunoos:
There were indications on Saturday that President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress had begun moves to compensate the South-East for not getting any appointments so far in the current administration.

SUNDAY PUNCH reliably gathered that some states in the geopolitical zone might get more than one ministerial slot.

The Presidency and the APC sources, who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH on condition of anonymity, also justified the appointments made by Buhari on Thursday.

A top member of the party said the President was not unmindful of criticisms that greeted the alleged lopsided appointments.

He said, “The President has assured us that all zones that have not been represented in the appointments he has made so far will be compensated.

“For example, some states in the South-East may get more than one ministerial slots. The President is going to make board and ambassadorial appointments. All zones, including the South-East, will be represented in this government.”

Prominent Nigerians and socio-political groups, have criticised the appointments made by Buhari so far.

Out of 31 appointments made so far, 24 of the appointees are from the North and seven are from the South. The South-East has no representation in the Buhari-led government.

SUNDAY PUNCH however gathered that the emergence of the new Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Pastor David Lawal, and the Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, was the result of the politics among power blocks in the APC.

It was learnt that the two appointees belonged to the Congress for Progressive defunct Change, which Buhari led, before it merged with other parties to form the APC

A Presidency source told one of our correspondents that Lawal and Kyari were picked because of their closeness and loyalty to the President.

The source said, “Although the President is a loyal member of the party, the levels of trust he has in the members differ. There are various blocks in the APC.

“You don’t give appointments such as chief of staff and the SGF to your rival or his loyalists; you give them to those you can vouch for. Those posts are ears and eyes of the President and they are not subjected to the party’s ratification.”

It was also gathered that the latest appointments confirmed the existence of various power blocks in the APC.

It will be recalled that the CPC, led by Buhari, merged with the Action Congress of Nigeria, the All Nigerians Peoples Party and a faction of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, led by the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, to form the APC.

They were later joined by five governors, who defected from the Peoples Democratic Party.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar also defected from the PDP to the APC.

Meanwhile, the Presidency, on Saturday, assured Nigerians that by the end of the series of appointments being made by Buhari, no part of Nigeria would feel alienated.

The Special Assistant to the President on Media Affairs, Mr. Garba Shehu, said this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents.

When asked if the South- East and other parts of the country, who are complaining of being marginalised by Buhari would be compensated, Shehu said appointments so far made by the President were just a few out of so many that would be made by the President.

He said, “There will be ministers, heads of government departments, federal boards and ambassadors. At the end of the exercise, no part of the country will be left feeling left out.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/appointments-buhari-apc-move-to-pacify-seast/

Cc lalasticlala
. Four eyes is a twinkle away after which we'll know if the question of "WHO YOU HELP?" will arise. Federal character is non-negotiable and who says PMB wouldn't have done what he'll do in 4yrs by running an all-inclusive government. Well, we dey watch with crocodile eye.
Re: Appointments: Buhari, APC Move To Pacify S’east by KMOS: 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2015
warrior01:
Pacify South East kwa? I thought there was nothing wrong with Buhari's appointments and the best hands can only be Found in the North. Abeg, make una leave SE alone in your change deception. All I know is, the people who supports this anomaly should not cry foul or ever quote federal character or quota system again when it's not in their favor. One day, Buhari would step down and what's next?

Samething jonathan did and u guys said it was on merit non of us talked but like pmb said he still has many appointments i remember pencom the contitution had to be amended to give wsy to an igbo lady

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Breaks The Oke-alabojuto Myth (See Photos) / IGP Egbetokun Takes Security To Church (Photo) / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.