Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet (16207 Views)

Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / ‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Recap On Pastor Kumuyi’s Powerful Prophesy About Nigeria In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by lucabrasi(m): 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2009
right on cue,i trust you to put your oar in,as soon as you sighted the topic was concerning a yoruba man,i bet you ll march in the thread double pistols blazing if anyone had dared to call ojukwu or any ibo eminent individual all these names
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2009
@kobojunkie (and any other interested party)
If the five investors who (supposedly) bought the Jets are found to be (past or present) civil servants who are suspected (and likely guilty) of embezzling public funds, should we still be unconcerned?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Wellas14(m): 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2009
Papa E. Adegboye has stood the test of time and i know this too shall pass. Signs of the endtime, distractions i choose to call this misrepresentation saga.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2009
When sum things happen to sum people, they'll trace it to the last time they were in their villages, or to the last time a relative asked them for money and they did not give, or perhaps to that innocent old woman whom they have labelled a witch, the same way they can speak against the man of God. Even if you don't reverence the man of God, what about the word of God? Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unpardonable offence, and since your loud mouths and offline thoughts can't discern who is who, why not hold ur peace? My prayer is may these days of ignorance be overlooked for u!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by akinalabi(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2009
romeo:

We need the names of those 5 people!! Could be those criminals ruling us.

What do you want to do with the names?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2009
biina:

@kobojunkie (and any other interested party)
If the five investors who (supposedly) bought the Jets are found to be (past or present) civil servants who are suspected (and likely guilty) of embezzling public funds, should we still be unconcerned?

Before I answer you, I do have a serious question for you and (and any other interested party). You have NAMED and KNOWN people like IBB, and so many others walking around, flaunting their ill-gotten wealth in your face daily, you have people who hold offices, have you gone after them yet? Roflmao!!!

Ofcourse if it be discovered that any of the 5 were former civil servants and were involved in one way or another in money laundering schemes of any kind, I would be one of the first to ask for their heads should the individuals be found guilty. But is this really about the men and how they got their wealth, or is this about the pastor of a church that was accused of misspending the church people’s money?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by tpia: 12:02am On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 12:57am On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Before I answer you, I do have a serious question for you and (and any other interested party). You have NAMED and KNOWN people like IBB, and so many others walking around, flaunting their ill-gotten wealth in your face daily, you have people who hold offices, have you gone after them yet? Roflmao!!!

Of course if it be discovered that any of the 5 were former civil servants and were involved in one way or another in money laundering schemes of any kind, I would be one of the first to ask for their heads should the individuals be found guilty. But is this really about the men and how they got their wealth, or is this about the pastor of a church that was accused of misspending the church people’s money?

With respect to the likes of IBB and others who have been accused (and most likely guilty) of ill gotten wealth, while I condemn such acts, I am in no position to prosecute them under the law (as that is the responsibility of the state - go figure). However, I do have a choice in who I associate with, and I do not associate with such people or any other person that encourages the proliferation of ill gotten wealth. So also I don't approve of a church associating with such until there is clear evidence of repentance.

My question to you was based on your posted that states that the funds that were used were private funds without any proof of who the individuals were. Your response above shows that if they turned out to be civil servants, you would no longer consider it their private business.

I am indifferent about the purchase of the jet (as I have insufficient evidence on the matter). Each person has his own reason for being interested, but transparency on the part of the church and other parties involved would go a long way in putting the issue to rest, and that for me is what it is really about.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by samorijack(m): 1:00am On Apr 03, 2009
Let's get one thing clear.If this tale checks out,it still does not change the fact that  Adeboye is just another compromised preacher, who milks the poor sheep for the benefit of his belly. I don't see any schools, hospitals and skill aquisition centers his miraculous organisation has bequitted to humanity all I see is a the RCCG capitalist machinery rooling on.

Is Adeboye so high and mighty that he cannot clear the air on this issue?

Why are the supposed buyers of this aircraft HIDDEN? and why did it take so long for PROXIES of the RCCG to realese this statement?

If opposition and critisizim of this purchase was'nt so intense, I wonder if we would be reading this denial by the RCCG.

The alleged buyers of this JET are friends of daddyg.o, so why are they  nameless? can't he tell us who his friends are?

From what I read it seems like their main reason for purchasing this jet was for business and not for the glory of God and the viability of this project is at best very shaky  and no reasonable bank will give money for such a suspect business venture , especially in these very troubling times.

I personally do not belive this tale, I think the RCCG IS JUST PLAYING GAMES, otherwise it should have communicated this atleast to it's members, if not the general public i the first place. Adeboye is into the people businessand he has great mastery a crafting his public image. I believe the RCCG bought that jet and don't buy all this bullshit smiley
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 1:12am On Apr 03, 2009
biina:

With respect to the likes of IBB and others who have been accused (and most likely guilty) of ill gotten wealth, while I condemn such acts, I am in no position to prosecute them under the law (as that is the responsibility of the state - go figure). However, I do have a choice in who I associate with, and I do not associate with such people or any other person that encourages the proliferation of ill gotten wealth. So also I don't approve of a church associating with such until there is clear evidence of repentance.

Well, here is the deal, when you talk of associations then yes, you have a choice but does the church really have a choice as you make it seem. I have heard people talk about how the man associates with people like OBJ, I for one do not know the intimate details on the relationships and so cannot speak out on those.

I would however like to refer you to passages in the bible where Jesus dined with some of the Pharisees and Sadducees, the very same people he spoke out against on numerous occasions.

biina:

My question to you was based on your posted that states that the funds that were used were private funds without any proof of who the individuals were. Your response above shows that if they turned out to be civil servants, you would no longer consider it their private business.
So you do not see how there is a serious line between PRIVATE and PUBLIC money? Please read my post because I am tired of having to reiterate this same fact. When money is taken from Public sector it is PUBLIC money. When money is taken from PRIVATE pockets it is private money. NOT ALL money found in the hands of government workers is to be considered PUBLIC MONEY; however, if PUBLIC MONEY is found in the hands of a government worker, that worker ought to be prosecuted. It is actually possible for PUBLIC servants to have PRIVATE businesses. Do you see the difference between what I have here, posted earlier, and your interpretation above?

biina:

I am indifferent about the purchase of the jet (as I have insufficient evidence on the matter). Each person has his own reason for being interested, but transparency on the part of the church and other parties involved would go a long way in putting the issue to rest, and that for me is what it is really about.
Transparency to WHOM? YOU, the Public Or to the CHURCH members? A church is NOT a PUBLIC entity and so I would not understand why it ought to open its books to the PUBLIC when, by law, it is not required to.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by samorijack(m): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2009
@Kobojunkie

According to it's articles of association the RCCG is a charitable organisation and in order to maintain it's tax exempt status it oblige to open it's book for scrutiny at such a time as the regulatory authorities deem appeopriate. These laws ofcourse are never implemented in Nigeria and are flagrantly violated that's why in Nigeria the founders of most churches and other charitable organisation seem to be the greatest beneficiaries of their own benenolence. However the church should be seen to be above board in all it'S dealings regardless.( I think that's the point BIINA'S trying to make)

The interaction of Jesus with controversial characters as you so rightly pointed out, was only always on the premises that they repent and change their ways. Jesus even encouraged them to make restitition in some cases. I too do not know the intimate details of Adeboyes relationship with OBJ, however I was taught as a child the influence of evil company on good morals (and without mincing words I can tell you that OBJ is EVIL). Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are. Open rebuke is better than secret love, surely Adeboye must know this. I think more of OBJ has rubbed of on Adeboye suddenly he now has a thirst and craving for the finer things of life, don't buy their crap Adeboye loves the good life, it's sad because he was not always like this.

When you have a so called christian organisation charging usery for services it can afford to give free and when you compare that to the selfness of earlier missionaries who brought this religion to this part of the world often at great personal cost, it's easy to see that genuine empathy has been thrown out the window and repaced with merciless capitalism all in the name of ans to the glory of God.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 1:56am On Apr 03, 2009
samorijack:

@Kobojunkie

According to it's articles of association the RCCG is a charitable organisation and in order to maintain it's tax exempt status it oblige to open it's book for scrutiny at such a time as the regulatory authorities deem appeopriate. These laws ofcourse are never implemented in Nigeria and are flagrantly violated that's why in Nigeria the founders of most churches and other charitable organisation seem to be the greatest beneficiaries of their own benenolence. However the church should be seen to be above board in all it'S dealings regardless.( I think that's the point BIINA'S trying to make)
Do you have any proof to suggest that the church was not above board in its dealings? Do you have any proof that this particular church has not made its books open and available to the REGULATORY AUTHORITIES (not the Public) in this case?
If yes, please report the church. However, if we have nothing to go on but conjecture, then can we please stop confusing our assumptions with facts? I understand that we ought to push for change at all levels but come on!!

samorijack:

The interaction of Jesus with controversial characters as you so rightly pointed out, was only always on the premises that they repent and change their ways. Jesus even encouraged them to make restitition in some cases. I too do not know the intimate details of Adeboyes relationship with OBJ, however I was taught as a child the influence of evil company on good morals (and without mincing words I can tell you that OBJ is EVIL). Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are. Open rebuke is better than secret love, surely Adeboye must know this. I think more of OBJ has rubbed of on Adeboye suddenly he now has a thirst and craving for the finer things of life, don't buy their crap Adeboye loves the good life, it's sad because he was not always like this.

I don’t know how else to say this but when it comes to the Christian way, what we were taught as kids does not always apply. Christians are called to do some really difficult things like make friends with druggies, take in dangerous kids and so on. So, again, I do not know the intimates of the relationship between the two men. I myself have had to step out of my comfort zone to befriend people that in my former life, I would have snubbed for one reason or the other. It has definitely made me a better person; yes I lost a couple of friends as a result but I gained much more in the process. So, as long as the two men aren’t sharing MY MONEY (roflmao), I am good.

samorijack:

When you have a so called christian organisation charging usery for services it can afford to give free and when you compare that to the selfness of earlier missionaries who brought this religion to this part of the world often at great personal cost, it's easy to see that genuine empathy has been thrown out the window and repaced with merciless capitalism all in the name of ans to the glory of God.
Well, here is what I know for sure. It is easy to stand on the outside pointing accusing fingers on those inside. I cannot say that I know that what you are saying is 100% or applies to this particular church. I have been attending the church for the past 6 months and have been looking around for signs of mismanagement of funds and what not. I have yet to find any ( not that I am saying it does not exist), but I have during the same time observed how people freely give, even to the most ridiculous ( in my opinion) of causes. Now, I can go around putting them down for their choice but I do however note that it is their prerogative to give their personal wealth as they choose, and as long as it is not mine, who am I to care?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by samorijack(m): 2:10am On Apr 03, 2009
@ Kobojunkie

My brother the issue is not the jet, the issue is the big picture. THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS the RCCG under the leadership of Adeboye did not deem it fit to state the facts of the case from the onset, they desreve what ever back lash and bad press they are getting. Theie explanation is so full of holes which will be abd have been torn apart in the court of public opinion. Theie argument has no legs and they're just doing damage control. Until they begin again to stand up and be counted in the march for a more harmonous society they will be seen as collaborators and history will judge them harshly
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 2:37am On Apr 03, 2009
samorijack:

@ Kobojunkie

My brother the issue is not the jet, the issue is the big picture. THE SIMPLE TRUTH IS the RCCG under the leadership of Adeboye did not deem it fit to state the facts of the case from the onset, they desreve what ever back lash and bad press they are getting.

But dude, how do you know this? If you explicitly stated earlier that the job of checking the organizations books is for the right authorities, are you now saying that these same authorities have complained that RCCG does not open up its books to them?
Since this organization is a non-profit, and not a PUBLIC, why do you expect them to step out to state the facts to you DIRECTLY? I suspect that THISNEWS may have been contacted directly or indirectly on the story, hence the retraction. Isn’t that enough IF what you really want is for the correct story to be made public to you?
Moreso, in the new report, the paper states that the only connection between the JET and the RCCG leader is that the five business men in this case happen to attend his church and they intend to allow him free rides on their plane. What SIMPLE TRUTH do you demand from Adeboye in this case?
samorijack:

Theie explanation is so full of holes which will be abd have been torn apart in the court of public opinion.
If you believe it is full of holes, why not ATTACK the paper for printing a story full of holes? Why attack RCCG?
samorijack:

Theie argument has no legs and they're just doing damage control.
Again, the report was made by THISNEWS, not RCCG!!
samorijack:

Until they begin again to stand up and be counted in the march for a more harmonous society they will be seen as collaborators and history will judge them harshly
Uuumm. . . . I think you are trying to create a problem where one does not really exist. You have a huge battle to fight, against those who you have in government that sit daily planning how to embezzle some more millions from you and you want to busy yourself with the affairs of a Church and it’s leaders, somehow convincing yourself that is where your priority should lie?

Dude, I really am not in this with you. I am more focused on getting justice for the people where I really can, not get into someone else’s business, pretending it is my own. Good luck with it!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 4:28am On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, here is the deal, when you talk of associations then yes, you have a choice but does the church really have a choice as you make it seem. I have heard people talk about how the man associates with people like OBJ, I for one do not know the intimate details on the relationships and so cannot speak out on those. 

I would however like to refer you to passages in the bible where Jesus dined with some of the Pharisees and Sadducees, the very same people he spoke out against on numerous occasions.
So you do not see how there is a serious line between PRIVATE and PUBLIC money? Please read my post because I am tired of having to reiterate this same fact. When money is taken from Public sector it is PUBLIC money. When money is taken from PRIVATE pockets it is private money. NOT ALL money found in the hands of government workers is to be considered PUBLIC MONEY; however, if PUBLIC MONEY is found in the hands of a government worker, that worker ought to be prosecuted. It is actually possible for PUBLIC servants to have PRIVATE businesses. Do you see the difference between what I have here, posted earlier, and your interpretation above?
Transparency to WHOM? YOU, the Public Or to the CHURCH members?  A church is NOT a PUBLIC entity and so I would not understand why it ought to open its books to the PUBLIC when, by law, it is not required to.

There is no evidence yet available as to the source of the money contributed by the 5 people, and therefore your statement that it was from private funds is baseless.

My point about association was not to bar the church from interacting with anyone. What I do have issues with is if the church knowingly accepts funds from individuals of questionable character. (BTW could you please cite where Jesus dined with the Pharisees, as i cant seem to remember such?)

If you feel that the church is like a corporate entity, then there is really no point in continuing this exchange, as it presents a fundamental  difference in our expectations of the church, and thus we cannot reach a consensus on the issue.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 5:14am On Apr 03, 2009
There is no evidence yet available as to the source of the money contributed by the 5 people, and therefore your statement that it was from private funds is baseless.

Are you sure you are actually spending time reading my own posts? Where do you get me affirming that the money is private? You asked me a question and I answered you making sure to give you adequate examples to explain where I stand on this. Now you claim I state that the money is definitely private, are you kidding me?

My point about association was not to bar the church from interacting with anyone. What I do have issues with is if the church knowingly accepts funds from individuals of questionable character. (BTW could you please cite where Jesus dined with the Pharisees, as i cant seem to remember such?)

Sigh! Open your bible! It is not a secret that Jesus dined with the “enemy”!

[/quote] If you feel that the church is like a corporate entity, then there is really no point in continuing this exchange, as it presents a fundamental difference in our expectations of the church, and thus we cannot reach a consensus on the issue. [quote]

Here is my major issue with where you may be trying to take this. Legally, if the shareholders, as in church members have yet to raise an issue about how the church is run, and if the regulatory authorities have not stated that the church is conducting illegal business, then by the law of the land, the church is legal.

Now, if you want to take the bible route on this, you at least have to fulfill one thing and that is having facts to offer instead of us sitting here, on the outside throwing around our delusions and fears are facts. We don’t have facts to show that the church is not doing things legally. We do not have facts to show that the church is knowingly receiving stolen money. We only know that this pastor somehow has relations with people like Obasanjo but we have no proof to show that he is getting a share of the money or what the relationship is really built on.

This is one problem I have with many Nigerians who claim to be Christians. We like to, like so many others out there, sit outside the church and throw stones at those inside as not doing things right according to US, while we forget that the bible does outline a way to correct problems that we feel exist. If you have a problem with the man, then write to him, go up to him and declare your concern. At least you have authority to do so as a Christian by God and if he does not listen, you do as the Bible says to do. Yes, the bible does say how to deal with these sort of things.

Yes, I happen to be religious and happen to believe that if we must do things, we should at least do it the right way, rather than sit on the outside throwing stones, feeling we are somehow justified in our actions. I happen to attend said church, and plan to put together a petition this year to present to the church and am willing to fight to see that something is done about the problem I notice.

This church is not obasanjo or abacha that stole from you in broad day light. Why come on chat to throw shit with no evidence at it and continue to claim you are justified even as you confirm you have no evidence? I know I am now coming up as an apologist; just that I thought it was common sense not to throw stones if one does not have a solid reason to do so.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Are you sure you are actually spending time reading my own posts? Where do you get me affirming that the money is private? You asked me a question and I answered you making sure to give you adequate examples to explain where I stand on this. Now you claim I state that the money is definitely private, are you kidding me?

please see below (from page #2 of this thread)

Kobojunkie:
@OmoIbo,
Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money. I mean you do know that a non-profit business is not PUBLIC business.

Well, here is the deal. If you are a civil servant spending money that does not belong to you, of course I will speak out against such. Spending public money is akin to spending my money, and I have serious issues with that. I will ask you to name one or two of those and state the position held by the ones you choose to mention.

If you can call it hypocrisy and have proof of this, feel free!! But I do urge that you be sure you have proof to support such claim, and I wait to see the proof.

Kobojunkie:
Sigh! Open your bible! It is not a secret that Jesus dined with the “enemy”!

I know of where Jesus dined with the tax collectors & co (that were considered sinners by the Pharisees), but I still cannot recollect where he dined with the Pharisees. All I have asked is for you (or anybody else) to provide a biblical reference for your statement.

Kobojunkie:
Here is my major issue with where you may be trying to take this. Legally, if the shareholders, as in church members have yet to raise an issue about how the church is run, and if the regulatory authorities have not stated that the church is conducting illegal business, then by the law of the land, the church is legal.

Now, if you want to take the bible route on this, you at least have to fulfill one thing and that is having facts to offer instead of us sitting here, on the outside throwing around our delusions and fears are facts. We don’t have facts to show that the church is not doing things legally. We do not have facts to show that the church is knowingly receiving stolen money. We only know that this pastor somehow has relations with people like Obasanjo but we have no proof to show that he is getting a share of the money or what the relationship is really built on.

This is one problem I have with many Nigerians who claim to be Christians. We like to, like so many others out there, sit outside the church and throw stones at those inside as not doing things right according to US, while we forget that the bible does outline a way to correct problems that we feel exist. If you have a problem with the man, then write to him, go up to him and declare your concern. At least you have authority to do so as a Christian by God and if he does not listen, you do as the Bible says to do. Yes, the bible does say how to deal with these sort of things. 

Yes, I happen to be religious and happen to believe that if we must do things, we should at least do it the right way, rather than sit on the outside throwing stones, feeling we are somehow justified in our actions. I happen to attend said church, and plan to put together a petition this year to present to the church and am willing to fight to see that something is done about the problem I notice.

This church is not obasanjo or abacha that stole from you in broad day light. Why come on chat to throw shit with no evidence at it and continue to claim you are justified even as you confirm you have no evidence? I know I am now coming up as an apologist; just that I thought it was common sense not to throw stones if one does not have a solid reason to do so.
I have not for once supported or criticized  the church over the purchase of the jet, but rather requested that the church provide the needed information to put the matter to rest. I also have issues with people who blindly defend or criticize the church over the issue, and thus my issue with your quoted statement above.

Failure of the church to officially clear the air on the matter, while the issue continues to cause discord (and possibly conflict) would be very unbecoming of an institution of the christian faith.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by blacksta(m): 7:18am On Apr 03, 2009
As far i am concerned i could not care less whether a jet is purchased and my own concern is that same of effort should be applied in the area of minstry to the need of his congeration and all external bodies
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Falciparum(m): 7:36am On Apr 03, 2009
Bumped on this thread and a lot of things shock me, I'm not a member of RCCG BUT Why would people openly insult a man of God or any leader whatsoever. His acts are only to be judged by God. If he bought the plane. Thats for him and God would judge Him. And if it was bought by his members then its a blessing to him. How many of you would be liked to be named publicly for buying a plane and expose yourself to the high numbers of criminals, scammers and kidnappers. If we are truly to live as Christians (a life thats a mirage to most christians) who are we to defend ourselves? Did Jesus our leader defend Himself infront of the ruler when being condemned? Lets watch our words and actions. They carry a lot of weight and consequences. We are not better than them we are all sinners begging for mercy. Lets be more civilised on issues concerning Men of God no matter what.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by richjohn1(m): 8:03am On Apr 03, 2009
Abegi who is deceiving and how is being deceived, dont worry the ones that are relieved with this story will soon get aggrieved again when another lie lie story pops up. 5 people ko, , 55 people ni
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 03, 2009
Biina, thank you for pointing out the obvious to kobojunkie. As always i expect her to comeup with some pathetic explanation to squash her own statement.

she claimed not to understand what i was going on about when i brought her attention to her own shady posts. i cant wait to see her response to your most recent post.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by oluyale(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2009
Falciparum:

Bumped on this thread and a lot of things shock me, I'm not a member of RCCG BUT Why would people openly insult a man of God or any leader whatsoever. His acts are only to be judged by God. If he bought the plane. Thats for him and God would judge Him. And if it was bought by his members then its a blessing to him. How many of you would be liked to be named publicly for buying a plane and expose yourself to the high numbers of criminals, scammers and kidnappers. If we are truly to live as Christians (a life thats a mirage to most christians) who are we to defend ourselves? Did Jesus our leader defend Himself infront of the ruler when being condemned? Lets watch our words and actions. They carry a lot of weight and consequences. We are not better than them we are all sinners begging for mercy. Lets be more civilised on issues concerning Men of God no matter what.

[/b][b] I wonder why some people could Just open  thier mouth gbaga and call  a man of God a THIEF,   They will never go unpunished,  walahi

If there's no evidence and we are already concluding, then there's a problem. very senseless, and foolish. I repeat  again 'NO ONE WILL FIGHT FOR A HOLY MAN, BUT NOTE IF YOU CALL PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE A THIEF IN A PUBLIC FORUM LIKE THIS, YOU WILL SURELY REGRET YOU USE YOUR HAND TO TYPE THIS"  If Adeboye is a thief then Nigerian is doom for Hell.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by proudly9ja(m): 10:40am On Apr 03, 2009
First, I must state that I am not writing this to defend anybody. I will only try to look at the merits of the story and merits/demerits of some posts.

A story came out by ThisDay that RCCG Pastor E.A.Adeboye bought a plane and pictures were taken of that plane. On that initial story, the news reporters did not quote anyone on the RCCG board/church as regards how the plane was bought. Rather, quotes were taken from Aviation officials who saw and probably registered the plane. Flaw 1: Before reporting the initial story, ThisDay should have made attempts to at least get the other side of the story.
However, it should be noted that not one church member or member of the board or even a RCCG Pastor has come out to condemn or say a word against this. Considering that RCCG has over 5000 branches and therefore over 5000Pastors worldwide and not one has said anything against the issue means there must be something wrong with the ThisDay initial story.

A lot of people on this thread have said as a church, the books of RCCG should be made open to the public to see. Well ThisDay aptly said in the second report that 'based on documents made available to them', this obviously means they probably asked for the other side of the story and realised their mistake (either that or the church or 5 people involved showed it to them) and issued a correction. I blame ThisDay. They should have carried out their investigation before the first story.

On the man Pastor Adeboye, I do not know him but I have attended his services. There are only a handful of pastors I can vouch for in Nigeria and he is one of them. If there is anything I know about RCCG, its that they have loads of charity programmes. The G.O's wife even has one where she visits war torn countries (places where some of us will not even go) and I know the G.O and his pastors visit prisons to minister to prisoners, etc.

The way I see this story is, some 5 people decided to start a charter business (just in case you don't know, there are loads of these plane and helicopter charter businesses in Nigeria so they are not the first), and they have decided to give the Man of God use of their plane. I don't see anything at all wrong with it. Its the same way I have a car and tell the man of God, 'anytime you come to my city, just call me and I will let you use my car when youu are here'. How is that a problem for the man? Anyone who wants to know the identity of the people involved should go to CAC. Since its a company, I am sure they are registered there.

I just want to sound a note of warning. Nairaland is filled with faceless people (myself included). Most of us do not know ourselves. Some people have personal issues with Pastors and some who are non christians have no qualms villifying christians for no reason. Unfortunately, a lot of us just join them based on their popularity here without studying the facts of the case. Let us be careful and take each story on its merit.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by bilymuse: 11:45am On Apr 03, 2009
All of you are wasting your time, the leadership of RCCG are criminals and are not better than Nigerian politicians.

The voice of the people is the voice of God, if they want to prove that their hands are clean, let them open their finances to public scrutiny
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by soloqy: 11:55am On Apr 03, 2009
@Proudly9ja and Falciparum

Very sensible and responsible posts from you guys.

Its amazing , truly amazing how people can allow their hatred for a person or institution becloud their judgement.

For those who say that the identities of the five people should be publicised, are you guys serious?

In these times of kidnappings for Ransome money and robberies?

I am not a RCCG person ,(really dont like the idea that we all have to gather at a particular place for God to hear us) but Pastor Adeboye is one of those I admire.

I am not surprised at this outpouring of hatred and condemnation. If it was some other pastor somewhere, it wouldnt have made so much news and noise but because its someone who has set a standard and who has lived a life of simplicity for decades.Dont you ppl stop to think why he hasnt been using a jet all these while? Some other pastors have been using jets for years now.

Its simply because it has become a strong necessity.

There is usually a stronger condemnation and accusation against people who have set a standard be it in the public domain or the religous.

Its left for the discerning ones to determine what is the Truth (with an open mind).
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by kxta: 12:21pm On Apr 03, 2009
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/apr/2/210.html

I duly hope those ignoramuses that have spewed venom on Pastor Adeboye will recant their heresies and ask the good Lord for forgiveness.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by BabyGirl5: 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2009
INJUSTICE,

I think they’ve have done G.O. injustice here, AND are very lucky it's in Nigeria, Someone would have been sued otherwise for this matter,

This is his name and reputation, Now how does "THISDAY" now rectify the news that has been carried around the world indirectly?

How do they now go back to all the sites that had links to the original story to correct this piece of information? So many other papers had also quoted them and all the other news headlines that was aired about this.

The amount paid for this aircraft would have been peanuts compared to what they would have now been paying as a result of mis-information, if this was first aired by any other paper outside the country

It's a real petty,
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by exago(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
@dayokanu

I believe there should be a way to deal with issues without throwing insults with or without knowing the facts of the matter 100%, cos it has a way of coming back to you, or better still ask fani Kayode how he is now perceived, even among his own people for insulting "elders".
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by dammytosh: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2009
hmmmmm !

As for people raining curses and insults on Men Of God, i am not surprised because most of them are Atheist [/b]or [b]Muslim Fanatics. But foolish enough, some foolish christians are falling for their posts because they av recorded a v[b]ery high number of posts on nairaland (most are useless though  undecided).[/b]

As for the issue of the source of money :-

I guess it is the POVERTY STRICKEN MENTALITY factor that makes some people to bliv that any body who can raise some millions of Dollars is a Thief. The truth is that Some guys are fucking rich in this country doing their things and doing it legally. if Dangote alone  worths  $2 Billion + without any noise then how much is $3 Million that 5 people can not contribute from their legal purse on a business mission.

"The five members of the church, whose names are being withheld for confidential reasons, made a down payment of 30 per cent of the cost while a first generation bank gave a loan of $7 million for the balance."

5 members does not mean they are all Nigerians, RCCG has branches all over. because i can hear people talking about Civil Services.

POVERTY SHA  shocked
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by onyengbu1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2009
When I heard the news of the purchase of the plane first like almost everybody, I believed it and was dissapointed because Adeboye is one Pentecostal pastor anyone should respect.

This 'correction' news from thisday to me, seem to have done more damage than the original story because it is either not presented well or lacked merits.

To the people who are outrightly calling Adeboye a thief and other names, my questions is: have you proved it? Its ok to me to say that you dont believe the story but calling him a thief or a gangster will not help you rather it will hurt you.

It doesnt feel right when people call men of God names, even though some of us here who are angry that Adeboye is beign insulted will not see anything wrong if it is the POPE or TB Joshua that is being attacked.

My point is that everyone should watch what he says about any man of God. Even if you dont believe that the person is a man of God.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by dammytosh: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2009
The likes of @banom should be ignored especially on issues or posts that seems Christian. He is just a fanatic, i am sure he is a Muslim or an Atheist.
I can read that from his senseless attack on men of God and The Christian Faith for just no reason.

He has at one time or the other condemned all Pastors in Nigeria. Does that mean that there is no Black man of God or what ? calling the likes of
W.F Kumuyi, D.K Olukoya,Abioye, Akande etc not to mention his number one enemy E A Adeboye Con Men shows that this guy has a serious problem with the Christian Faith.  Instead of attacking personalities, i will advice him to rather present his issues with the faith separately.

try to check out his useless posts on a particular thread
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=247254.msg3608022#msg3608022
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by gReenmAn(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
I am not one to castigate Men of God- being a good christian.
But I must say this story does more harm than good for the revered Pastor Adeboye, it has Damage Control written all over it.
Coming out now to say the plane was bought by members of his church under the stated business plan leaves room for too much speculation.

I would have preferred the pastor maintained his Golden Silence on the issue, and like all controversies in Nigeria it would have simply died a natural death in a matter of weeks - leaving his integrity Kanpe!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maina: How Malami Twisted Court Judgment To Reinstate Ex-pension Boss / APC Registration: Lagos Leaders Allege Plot To Whittle Down Tinubu's Influence / North Is The Safest Place For Igbos – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.