Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet (16205 Views)

Retired Soldier Sets Self On Fire In Agege Lagos / ‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Recap On Pastor Kumuyi’s Powerful Prophesy About Nigeria In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Falciparum(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2009
When i first registered ere it was fun, I was kept fully updated on the issues concerning my dear country. But now i'm ashamed to even quote this site to people. I know its a forum in which we express our minds in a faceless society. But decency should not evade us since we have no faces. I have been on different forums on diff sites and they aren't half as bad as this. Strict rules need to be put in place to stop defaming other people. There are more sensible and intelligent ways of discussing issues. My heart bleeds cause the citizens are just as wicked as tiger leaders in their hearts. I pray everyday for the Nation and the people in it that we don't use our hands to destroy what others have managed to put together. Nigeria
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Binna, if you say I SAID FOR SURE that the money was private money, then you are allowed to believe as you chose. At this point, I really see where this is going and understand now that no matter what I write, you will always come back with the same and pick out lines as you want. As for the bible, I suggest you pick up the book yourself to read. As for the pastor, you, as well as anyone else is allowed at the end of the day, to believe of him what you will. I have already pointed out earlier that I am also guilty of trying hard to find his faults and nail him for it, and so far, I am still working on it but making sure that even that judgmental spirit is brought subject to God at the end of the day for me. I have learnt not to argue religion with other judgmental Nigerian Christians because 9 times out of 10, it yields nothing. So you go ahead and hold the church to whatever rule you want. Have a nice life with that ! I on the other hand choose to focus on other priorities for me.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2009

Insert QuoteI am not one to castigate Men of God- being a good christian.
But I must say this story does more harm than good for the revered Pastor Adeboye, it has Damage Control written all over it.
Coming out now to say the plane was bought by members of his church under the stated business plan leaves room for too much speculation.

I would have preferred the pastor maintained his Golden Silence on the issue, and like all controversies in Nigeria it would have simply died a natural death in a matter of weeks - leaving his integrity Kanpe!.

The Pastor did not write the article, THISDAY did!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by onyengbu1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The Pastor did not write the article, THISDAY did!

Im sure the pastor did not write the article but the church officials shouldnt have allowed it.

They knew it was going to be written afterall they are the ones who provided Thisday with the accurate information of the plane bargain.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Apr 03, 2009
How can church officials dictate to THISDAY what it can or can not print? In what world do you live in where Church officials control the media ( I mean apart from in the vatican city or something). How do you people come up with these things?? If the church had that power, would we have this thread or the first about the Jet? GOSH!!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by proudly9ja(m): 4:53pm On Apr 03, 2009
onye_ngbu:

Im sure the pastor did not write the article but the church officials shouldnt have allowed it.

They knew it was going to be written afterall they are the ones who provided Thisday with the accurate information of the plane bargain.

Now I know people must always have something to say. Its not easy being a leader o!

First we complained that Pastor should not own jet. ThisDay have investigated (which they should have done before) and found out pastor does not own jet.

Then we complained that church should open up its books for public to see and obviously they did that cos ThisDay confesed to having 'documents available ' to them.

Now we are saying church should not have allowed the story to be written?

I mean, what next are we going to say?

Nawao,
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Binna,[b] if you say I SAID FOR SURE that the money was private money, [/b]then you are allowed to believe as you chose. At this point, I really see where this is going and understand now that no matter what I write, you will always come back with the same and pick out lines as you want. As for the bible, I suggest you pick up the book yourself to read. As for the pastor, you, as well as anyone else is allowed at the end of the day, to believe of him what you will. I have already pointed out earlier that I am also guilty of trying hard to find his faults and nail him for it, and so far, I am still working on it but making sure that even that judgmental spirit is brought subject to God at the end of the day for me. I have learnt not to argue religion with other judgmental Nigerian Christians because 9 times out of 10, it yields nothing. So you go ahead and hold the church to whatever rule you want. Have a nice life with that ! I on the other hand choose to focus on other priorities for me.
@kobojunkie
Below is a quote from you:

"Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money".

Unless you have a different meaning (from the rest of the world) for the word 'regardless', I dont know how you still claim innocence on the matter.

Also from you:

"I would however like to refer you to passages in the bible where Jesus dined with some of the Pharisees and Sadducees, the very same people he spoke out against on numerous occasions."

All I have asked for (more than twice) is that you fulfill your own words and point me to the relevant passages in the bible.

You accuse me of nit picking your words, if so, please set the records straight, as you have failed to show how I have taken your words out of context.
It seems that your ego will not let you admit it when you make a mistake, or even clarify if you are misunderstood. Hence there is no point in continue this discussion with you.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2009
Just to add another thought to the whole saga of the shoddy to-fro job by THISDAY:
If the jet was initially bought by 5 investors in the name of a chartered service company, what brought up the idea that the jet belong to the RCCG church or Pastor Adeboye?

I strongly suspect that we don't know the whole truth of the matter yet
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by proudly9ja(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2009
@biina

You see thats the prolem with Journalism in Nigeria and unfortunately, we the 'masses' are members of Free readers association (FRAN). All we read are headlines.

Even when you read the original story, you will find out that no where in the story was it mentioned that a church member/official stated that they bought a jet. Now when Winners Chapel bought one, they came out openly to declare it and Im sure when/if RCCG decides to buy one, they will come out openly to declare it.

I suspect what happened was that we 5 (probably prominent) members of the church came together to buy the jet, and gave priority for the G.O. to use the jet whenever he wants, aviation officials just concluded that it belongs to RCCG/G.O and journalists jumped on it without doing due investigations.

Funny thing is, these same journalists refuse to mention our leaders stealing money everyday. IBB bought a jet. Apart from sahara reporters, Ive not seen it mentioned anywhere in the dailies.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2009
Sensationalism seems the order of the day when it comes to the media. The media works to feed us what they feel we are more willing to swallow. At the end of the day, this is all business! We have proven ourselves a gullible and paranoid bunch over and over. That is why stories such as these get people all riled up more than stories on the actual thieves that continue to steal from us do.

I cannot believe there are folks who actually blame the church for the story and not the media for the misinformation. Whichever story is right, THISDAY ought to be held responsible for the mistake. The church’s business on the other hand should remain church business, and this goes for mosques, shrines and other such organizations out there not obligated to the public in any way.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Backslider(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
The fact is that the whole church is now becoming a fraud.

The main theme of a church is emphasized by Jesus Christ and even in the old testament. what we see is selfish and demon possesed men calling themselves men of God and making money with the organisation of the Church.

I am very surprised however that we the church have fallen so badly and it is as if God does not exist. Well I know that there must be a revival. If we looked and asked ordinary church men and women Why God set up the Church so many will answer wrongly.

Let me give you a run down of what happens now in Church

*Church is set up atimes for purely spiritual purposes.

*They begin to grow in size

*They now need to buildings

*They begin to ask for money

*The pastor begins to look for signs and wonders so that he can compensate for the monies collected

*The pastor encourages Church members(criminals and sinners) to join the work force

*The buildings begin to grow

*The attitude and the holiness level in the Church diminishes as the church members become more concerned about tithe and offering

*Branches are set up to pepertuate more false Church gatherings.

*The Church leaders become so popular and write books and begin to speak at seminar to collect money there using the wisdom of God for gain.

*The Church Leaders assume political pop star status and begin to seek materials(planes cars and jewelry) that will make it impossible for anyone to belittle them. (ask did their master not belittle Jesus?)
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2009
notice how kobojunkie has ignored your comments even after posting her own comments
i knew she'd come up with some sorry ass explanation.

Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Mowire: 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2009
But Kobojunkie you dey try o!
See all the time and effort you put in to make stone hearted fellows like biina think straight on this issue. Don't you know how to just give up on such people and let them wallow in their own ill thoughts.

Boy! you are trying! 3 pages of posts.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2009
Dude, I already did. I mean it usually ends this way. If you check all threads I have debated, it ends with the attack coming down to what I type being misinterpreted/twisted to mean something it does not/misread, and at that point, I know it is time to move on!! Lol
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by lucabrasi(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2009
Falciparum:

When i first registered ere it was fun, I was kept fully updated on the issues concerning my dear country. But now i'm ashamed to even quote this site to people. I know its a forum in which we express our minds in a faceless society. But decency should not evade us since we have no faces. I have been on different forums on diff sites and they aren't half as bad as this. Strict rules need to be put in place to stop defaming other people. There are more sensible and intelligent ways of discussing issues. My heart bleeds cause the citizens are just as wicked as tiger leaders in their hearts. I pray everyday for the Nation and the people in it that we don't use our hands to destroy what others have managed to put together. Nigeria
im sorry to say that is vintage nigerians for you,and it boils down to ego trips and manner of approach, watch/read people's comments very carefully and it ll tell u a lot about their personality and if you need to avoid them or engage them in discourses
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by DrLorenz1(m): 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
All these talks about which Pastor bought which Jet is making me nauseous. The things is, it's not only Thisday that is at fault. They were even gracious enough to say they were wrong, unlike some amebo magazines that will always run their mouths, saying things that doesn't concern the country or even remotely help us in any way.

I agree with proudly9ja, these so called journos don't mention our leaders stealing money every single second. When it's a pastor that buys something, they start to run their mouths like that's the most interesting news they can come up with. As to knowing the truth of the whole matter, has any one stopped to thin, how in any way knowing the truth of the matter will help me? I don't think anyone has.

I think we should focus on more news that can better our life because no matter how much we deliberate on the issue, the truth remains that the church did not steal our money to buy the Jet.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

I think we should focus on more news that can better our life because no matter how much we deliberate on the issue, the truth remains that the church did not steal our money to buy the Jet.

Proof please! undecided
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2009
@MrMcrackles, I think the onus is on you to provide proof to show that is not the case!

See, the rule is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I mean sure paranoid minds like to switch it around to say something like GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!!!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2009
if you are saying negative things about a man of God, you are own your own.

all im after is how did someone arrive at this conclusion:
Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money. I mean you do know that a non-profit business is not PUBLIC business.

now, to be precise i am paying particular attention to the text in blue.

how is kobojunkie sure that the money is private money? you people defending kobojunkie should go through the thread before you spew jargon here. she has repeatedly failed to tell us how she arrived at that the text in blue and that is my wahala.

I am christian as well but when i see something that im not too sure about, i will point it out.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by lucabrasi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
hmmmnnn a bunch of IFS and ifs , assumptions and suppositions just to justify one's arguments,
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@MrMcrackles, I think the onus is on you to provide proof to show that is not the case!

See, the rule is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. I mean sure paranoid minds like to switch it around to say something like GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT!!!

Nah i dont need to provide any proof

I have always said all along that i was against the extravagant purchase but i havnt blamed Daddy GO GO because i didnt see him buy it himself

Having said that, there is no concrete proof the funds used for the purchase didnt come from the church's coffers!

And if anyone has any useful information, they should provide it rather than make mere useless claims which are not backed solidly!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by DrLorenz1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2009
I agree with Kobojunkie, Thisday needs to be held responsible for the mistake, but i think we should tamper justice with mercy since they were gracious enough to say they were wrong. There are other magazines that didn't say they were wrong, and i think those are the ones dat should be held responsible.

@Backslider,
just like it says, you're really a backslider, so i don't think you should be talking in here. U were talking about the Old Testament, seems like you like living in the past.

@Kobojunkie,
Gracias mucho, i couldn't have said it any better. lol.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2009
OMO IBO:

if you are saying negative things about a man of God, you are own your own.

all im after is how did someone arrive at this conclusion:
Well, regardless of whether names were withheld or not, be it church money that was spent or money put together by the 5 noted investors( possibly non-public officers), it is still private money. I mean you do know that a non-profit business is not PUBLIC business.

now, to be precise i am paying particular attention to the text in blue.

how is kobojunkie sure that the money is private money? you people defending kobojunkie should go through the thread before you spew jargon here. she has repeatedly failed to tell us how she arrived at that the text in blue and that is my wahala.

I am christian as well but when i see something that im not too sure about, i will point it out.

Good man wink cheesy

No concrete proof yet they conclude it is private money!

If we see something that is not morally and ethically right, we shouldnt defend it

I am an adult and i dont think the purchase is Godly and sensible!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2009
I happen to have a lawyer in the house @McCrackles. ( John Marshalls lawyer to be precise). The rule is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. No matter what our individual suspicions maybe, unless we can PROVE  the money did not come from the church’s coffers as you rightly pointed out, the church is ASSUMMED innocent. Lol

Same with the anonymous men who are said to have actually made the purchase, unless we have solid proof to show that the money was stolen, they are  ASSUMED innocent until proven guilty.

So @McCrackles, unless I have concrete proof it is not their money, I cannot STATE that it is not. If you want to debate it, we can step downtown and have a lawyer teach you how it works! Roflmao!!!

You don't have to be a genius to know this. No matter how twisted things may be in Nigeria, the fact remains that we, as the people cannot dole out JUNGLE JUSTICE and hope it somehow works things out for us, when we know for sure that it NEVER WORKS!!

By the way, who decides what is morally and ethically right? You? Or the next man who sees things 100% different from the way you do??
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by DrLorenz1(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Omo Ibo
And how does it concern u if the money came from church coffers? Is your own money there?

@ Mr. Crackles
It seems you're crackling. The same goes for you. The ish here is not about private money. Then again, is it public money? If it's not private money, then it should be public money and when it's public money how does that relate to the Church? 'They say'. Who says? This Day or RCCG?
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I happen to have a lawyer in the house @McCrackles. ( John Marshalls lawyer to be precise). The rule is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. No matter what our individual suspicions maybe, unless we can PROVE  the money did not come from the church’s coffers as you rightly pointed out, the church is ASSUMMED innocent. Lol
Same with the anonymous men who are said to have actually made the purchase, unless we have solid proof to show that the money was stolen, they are  ASSUMED innocent until proven guilty.

So @McCrackles, unless I have concrete proof it is not their money, I cannot STATE that it is not. If you want to debate it, we can step downtown and have a lawyer teach you how it works! Roflmao!!!

So why did i ask for proof from the Lorenzo that said they didnt steal money to buy the jet?

I dont think you understood where i am coming from, right from the start!

As it stands, i dont know the nitty gritty so i wont rule out the fact that it could have been from stolen funds (from Aso Rock and the Church or whatever)

OR

It could have been an innocent donation

OR

Daddy GO GO stole the church's money

OR

Whatever

MY CONCLUSION IS UNTIL I SEE ANY CONVINCING EVIDENCE, I WILL CONTINUE TO ALIGN MYSELF IN OPPOSITION TO THE SOURCE OF THE MONEY!
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by MrCrackles(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@Omo Ibo
And how does it concern u if the money came from church coffers? Is your own money there?

@ Mr. Crackles
It seems you're crackling. The same goes for you. The ish here is not about private money. Then again, is it public money? If it's not private money, then it should be public money and when it's public money how does that relate to the Church? 'They say'. Who says? This Day or RCCG?

Hogwash!

I dont crack up even under the most severe pressure!

You guys dont make sense!!!
cheesy
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by biina: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
Mowire:

But Kobojunkie you dey try o!
See all the time and effort you put in to make stone hearted fellows like biina think straight [/b]on this issue. Don't you know how to just give up on such people and let them wallow in their own [b]ill thoughts.

Boy! you are trying! 3 pages of posts.
WTF  undecided
In the future, please  try to engage your brain before you put your mouth in gear.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

@Omo Ibo

@ Mr. Crackles

i can see that you are missing the point like everyone else.
i'll try again, hopefully you'll get it.

im not after the churchs' or anyone else' account details. this is a matter of principle. . . . . . . and like i and binna have pointed out several times on this thread from page 2 kobojunkie has failed to address it.

please read binna's and my previous posts again for details.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2009

So why did i ask for proof from the Lorenzo that said they didnt steal money to buy the jet?
Well, according to THISDAY, the church DID NOT BUY A JET, SO it goes to say that THE CHURCH DID NOT STEAL MONEY FROM US TO BUY A JET.

I dont think you understood where i am coming from, right from the start!

As it stands, i dont know the nitty gritty so i wont rule out the fact that it could have been from stolen funds (from Aso Rock and the Church or whatever)

OR

It could have been an innocent donation

OR

Daddy GO GO stole the church's money

OR

Whatever
Well, we could come up with so many WHAT IFS for just about anything out there, you know that, right? That is why we have the rule INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. There are so many WHAT IF CONDITIONS out there to deal with. Heck, for all we know, the man could have killed someone and used em for JUJU to get the money. Who knows? Does the person Have proof? If not, the man is to be assumed INNOCENT, UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. That is the POINT!!

MY CONCLUSION IS UNTIL I SEE ANY CONVINCING EVIDENCE, I WILL CONTINUE TO ALIGN MYSELF IN OPPOSITION TO THE SOURCE OF THE MONEY!
Ok . . . so you choose to go with the GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT crowd, fine!! But remember, it is on you to provide PROOF, if this were a court house. I have my own suspicions, remember, I attend the church and look from the inside for information myself, but I don’t have any PROOF that the church is stealing from the people. I have stated this so many times now in here. People GIVE FREELY every Sunday when I see them do it. They do it from their pockets; that is what I have seen, so I can assume the church is INNOCENT UNTIL I am able to prove them GUILTY.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by DrLorenz1(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2009
@Mr. Crackles
I never said you cracked even under extreme pressure, i was just tryin 2b be a wisecrack smiley, no offence intended.

And who said i said that they didn't steal money? I actually said they didn't steal my or your money to buy the Jet grin. No one knows whether they stole money or not. Seems like you misunderstood me too.

We're all debating about something THISDAY and other newspapers started. The media says something, and we all follow suit, start talking yada yada yada. Are they supposed to control our thoughts? For all those talking about private money and church coffers, what's your final intention? The church should be investigated by EFCC? Cus i don't understand why y'all are so focused on the money issue. When Winners Chapel bought theirs, nobody made any mention of how they got the money. Why is it that RCCG is now the subject matter on the round table? Not that it's going to solve your next or immediate problem.
Re: Thisday Corrects Self On "Pastor Adeboye's" Jet by shoboy9: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but my problem is about hoe this acquisition affects the rest of us. I am a member of RCCG. But I must ask, if it is ok for mog to acquire a p jet, should I still condemn bank CEOs who buy jets and lay off workers under the pretext of economic melt down.

The problem is one of leadership. Pls be warned though, I do not advise anyone to critise any man of God unless you have decided you are also a prophet, so pls be moderate in your replies. Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Budget Will Not Be Fully Implemented - FG / Dogara’s Kinsmen Dump Ex-Speaker, Back Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Pauline Tallen’s Son Sues Her For Unlawful Detention & Demands N200m Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.