Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Tell Us About Your Marriage - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tell Us About Your Marriage (83543 Views)

9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2008
aysometin:

@ Viga Simple,
I suspect you are Almond joy's Hisband. You know so much about her!!!!!!!!!

In his dreams of course! cheesy

I am 42 and my mama na 52! grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by playmate(f): 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2008
*ooops wrong thread,still 2 young 2 marry,chao*
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by vigasimple(m): 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2008
almondjoy:

In his dreams of course! cheesy

I am 42 and my mama na 52! grin

i think of all things, you got this spot on, In my dreams. Why would i want to marry almond joy.

OMG, my mama will be dreaming with me, she will be happy that it is just only a dream. thank God that after dreams we come back to life for a reality check.

Two parrellel lines never, ever meet and i prayed that our path never cross. thank God she is married so i can never accidentally marry her either in my dream or  (most likely nightmare).

God, you are so good, good, you are wonderful, wonderful, you are excellent.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Kogilomo(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2008
I'd like to know more about Nairaland members who are married! If you're married, we want to know things like:
- How you met your husband or wife.
- What attracted you to your husband or wife.
- Who proposed marriage, and how.
- Who opposed the marriage, and how you prevailed.
- The wedding, and the honeymoon
- DO you think you made a mistake choosing your partner?
- How often you're tempted to be unfaithful and how often you fall .
- How long you think the marriage will last.

I met my wife in April 2000 in church during youth program. She was an usher and one of the youth leaders. When I saw her I knew that’s the lady I want to marry. After the service, I introduced myself to her and went my way. Two weeks later I proposed to her by saying “would you like to spend the rest of your life with me because that’s what I want to do. Think about it and let me know your decision”. A month later, she said “yes”.

Attraction.
She is very pretty (she is Ibo and has that Ibo light completion). The fact that she also like entertaining people and very outgoing (am reserved and talk little)
The wedding, and the honeymoon
Wedded on October 27, 2001 and had 4 days honeymoon in an hotel in the same town we married and another 5days at home because I was broke after the wedding ceremonies.

DO you think you made a mistake choosing your partner?
No. I thank God I met her and much more for her to agree to marry me (I don’t even have a house not to talk of car as at the time I met her because I just started work then).

How often you're tempted to be unfaithful and how often you fall
Temptation would always come but I refuse to yield. I made a vow to God after my marriage and wrote it down in mind and in my Diary that “If I ever have sex with another woman except my wife, may I never succeed in anything I do”.

- How long you think the marriage will last.
Till death do us part.

I did some radical stuff during our wedding such like:
1. No chairman or special guest of honour during the reception. It was only the couple and the grooms men and grooms ladies (or whatever they are called) that sat on the high table along with our parents.
2. No little bride or little groom. I kept the wedding ring in my pocket and when it was time to use it and brought it out.
3. I wrote on the wedding pamphlet that “MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR BETTER FOR WORSE BUT FOR BETTER FOR BEST”!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 1:42am On Jan 23, 2008
vigasimple:

i think of all things, you got this spot on, In my dreams. Why would i want to marry almond joy.

OMG, my mama will be dreaming with me, she will be happy that it is just only a dream. thank God that after dreams we come back to life for a reality check.

Two parrellel lines never, ever meet and i prayed that our path never cross. thank God she is married so i can never accidentally marry her either in my dream or  (most likely nightmare).

God, you are so good, good, you are wonderful, wonderful, you are excellent.

He he he he he he he he he he he. grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

You think God is mad?  I beg good luck if you ever see marriage.  You are not even fit to get married to a lizard with scales. cheesy  Don't you see Nairaland is about 95% single?  When people like you keep showing your ugly, dry behinds here?  I just pity any female over 23 years old that is still single.  Only to end up with a loafer like you.

Men like you get married at 65 and women have to be paid to marry guys like you! kiss

Indeed, God is excellent.  You got on my nerves last year and you will definitely get on my nerves this year and I am waiting patiently for you.  You chronic agbaya bachelor! Abeg go marry! Old Cargo!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by debosky(m): 1:48am On Jan 23, 2008
@ almond

so you get 22 year old daughter? shocked

I wish to tender my application for her hand in marriage.

PS: I am NOT one of those perpetual students on nairaland! grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by DD5: 1:49am On Jan 23, 2008
Almondjoy doesnt have a daughter that old and what is this about "perpetual" students? grin almond too dey yab bachelors o . . . tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by debosky(m): 1:51am On Jan 23, 2008
ah you don show yasef now. . .oluwadafidi na you be dat? grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by DD5: 4:00am On Jan 23, 2008
my brother, na my mugshot o. Still locked up in obantalapipi's gaol. grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 8:17am On Jan 23, 2008
debosky:

@ almond

so you get 22 year old daughter? shocked

I wish to tender my application for her hand in marriage.

PS: I am NOT one of those[b] perpetual students on nairaland![/b] grin

My angel is only will be 13 this year jare. grin  She is still promised to you oooooooooooooh!  Better person.  No mind this yeye guy called vigasimplemindedness! cheesy

I know she will make a good bride for you.  I know you are not one of these revolving door students when no gree graduate! cheesy

Her father has already given her away to you as promised---after olori Ikamefa! cheesy

D__D:

Almondjoy doesnt have a daughter that old and what is this about "perpetual" students? grin almond too dey yab bachelors o . . . tongue

You see as them full for Nairaland?  Anything to stay unemployed with grey hair efry whia! cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by geegee(f): 9:48am On Jan 23, 2008
i met my husband 1990 through his cousin yemi who was my boyfriend.i was 16 my husband was 18 we have just finish secondary school. yemi always told me my husband likes me and wanted him to leave me for him
and we'll laugh about it. after yemi died i and my husband became great friends, best of friends but hardly saw each other cos we went to different graduate school but we kept in touch. he knew all the boys i dated but i never met any of his girl friends he only told me about one.

one day i was at bus stop waiting for a cab and i saw him again i asked him where he was going and we happened
to be going towards the same direction and i gave him a ride and that night i slept over at his place. we got talking and he asked me if i was in any relationship i told him no, that i just broke up with someone 2 months ago but i dint
bother to ask about his cos i wasn't interested in a relationship and i certainly dint want anyone lying to me. we made love that night but i thought that will be the end.

when i woke up in the morning and was getting ready to go home he said you free to stay for as long as you want.everyday after work he come to my house and we went back his place together and before long we inseparable and started living together.i met his mum and he met my family.

two months in to our relationship he asked me if i could marry a man like him? i didn't answer him, i said to myself it was too early talk marriage and if he was serious he will ask me again.he did ask me again and i thought if this guy is serious let him ask me with a ring. we when to visit a friend who just had a baby and they said hope we have a wedding date for us, my husband said he no but he has something close to it. i had no idea of what he was talking about than he said everyone know i love u, he mentioned my name since you came in to my life things has turned round for the better and he want to pls ask me to marry him and i said yes yes yes.

the wedding was may 26 2005 .i am glad i married my husband. i couldn't have made a better choice of all the men i dated, with him i am myself ,i dint have to impress him or whatever.i just felt right at home. i dint have to pretend to be who i am not and these where the signs that he was the one. i saw a gentle man,i saw a man with a heart of gold,i saw a man i will grow old with, when most woman saw a man who had no money,i saw a man with prospect cos right know they'll give their right eye to have to him.too late his taken. i am glad i married him. i married my soul mate and best friend.

i have done things im not proud of as a married woman and could not bear it.i opened up and told him the truth how it start and i want it to end. he was able to forgive me knowing i am only human. when i was diagnose with HIV a year after we got married my husband is still here.he never stop telling me how much he love me and will grow old together. i couldn't ask for a better partner and friend.

4 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2008
@geegee

How sweet!  Thanks for sharing. May love, joy, peace, happiness, prosperity and fruitfullness fill your marriage always! Marriage is never a bed of roses, but it is not full of thorns either! kiss 

Thanks for keeping it real.

Una hear?  Chronic students--make una go marry ooooooooooooooooooooooooh! grin

Where are all these ever fasting and praying "bachelors and spinsters"? tongue  Una dey for church? cheesy

Today is Wednesday please, don't waste your time please!

More testimonials please! Abi una still dey "date" for Nairaland? tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2008
Almond joy,
Haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wetin this people do u?
I cant stop laughing
How is ur Husband coping with your naughtiness?? Christ
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
aysometin:

Almond joy,
Haba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wetin this people do u?
I can't stop laughing
How is your Husband coping with your naughtiness?? Christ

I just dey joke na! grin

My husband is the direct opposite. cheesy  He doesn't pay me any mind at all.  He knows I entertain myself very well and has a great deal of amusement for it all.  I crack him up all the time!   Never a dull moment!

Thank God! grin

He even prints all this crap I type on Nairaland and tries to read them to me.  I usually fall asleep by the time he is half way there! cheesy Got to love him!  I'm don tire for my matter sef! cheesy But what to do now? undecided

I am one lucky woman!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Dreloaded(f): 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
geegee, does he have HIV too? Im confused
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2008
D-reloaded:

geegee, does he have HIV too? I'm confused

Oh girl which one you dey sef? Let this story have a happy ending now! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by geegee(f): 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ d-reloaded

nothing to be confused about if he had HIV i would have said so. he is very negative .

@ almondjoy

thanks for your prayers i wish you the same.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by spoilt(f): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
geegee:

i met my husband 1990 through his cousin yemi who was my boyfriend.i was 16 my husband was 18 we have just finish secondary school. yemi always told me my husband likes me and wanted him to leave me for him
and we'll laugh about it. after yemi died i and my husband became great friends, best of friends but hardly saw each other because we went to different graduate school but we kept in touch. he knew all the boys i dated but i never met any of his girl friends he only told me about one.

one day i was at bus stop waiting for a cab and i saw him again i asked him where he was going and we happened
to be going towards the same direction and i gave him a ride and that night i slept over at his place. we got talking and he asked me if i was in any relationship i told him no, that i just broke up with someone 2 months ago but i dint
bother to ask about his because i wasn't interested in a relationship and i certainly dint want anyone lying to me. we made love that night but i thought that will be the end.

when i woke up in the morning and was getting ready to go home he said you free to stay for as long as you want.everyday after work he come to my house and we went back his place together and before long we inseparable and started living together.i met his mum and he met my family.

two months in to our relationship he asked me if i could marry a man like him? i didn't answer him, i said to myself it was too early talk marriage and if he was serious he will ask me again.he did ask me again and i thought if this guy is serious let him ask me with a ring. we when to visit a friend who just had a baby and they said hope we have a wedding date for us, my husband said he no but he has something close to it. i had no idea of what he was talking about than he said everyone know i love u, he mentioned my name since you came in to my life things has turned round for the better and he want to please ask me to marry him and i said yes yes yes.

the wedding was may 26 2005 .i am glad i married my husband. i couldn't have made a better choice of all the men i dated, with him i am myself ,i dint have to impress him or whatever.i just felt right at home. i dint have to pretend to be who i am not and these where the signs that he was the one. i saw a gentle man,i saw a man with a heart of gold,i saw a man i will grow old with, when most woman saw a man who had no money,i saw a man with prospect because right know they'll give their right eye to have to him.too late his taken. i am glad i married him. i married my soul mate and best friend.

i have done things im not proud of as a married woman and could not bear it.i opened up and told him the truth how it start and i want it to end. he was able to forgive me knowing i am only human. when i was diagnose with HIV a year after we got married my husband is still here.he never stop telling me how much he love me and will grow old together. i couldn't ask for a better partner and friend.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Thank God you have a real man who is there for better or worse. cry

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Dreloaded(f): 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2008
geegee:

@ d-reloaded

nothing to be confused about if he had HIV i would have said so. he is very negative .

I'm confused because you said you guys got married in 2005 yet you found out you had HIV a year after, just wonderinfg how he didnt get it too assuming you two were still sleeping together around that time *shrugs*

1 Like

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by DD5: 5:07am On Jan 24, 2008
geegee:

and this is ur pathetic excuse for your unfaithfulness? So if he had been the unfaithful one and had contracted AIDS you'd simply shrug and admit he was only human after all?

The hypocrisy!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2008
geegee:

@ d-reloaded

@ almondjoy

thanks for your prayers i wish you the same.

Please do not bother to respond anymore to inquiries.  Just take care of yourself and stay happy ok?

Lovely tots! kiss

D__D:

and this is your pathetic excuse for your unfaithfulness? So if he had been the unfaithful one and had contracted AIDS you'd simply shrug and admit he was only human after all?

The hypocrisy!

Oh?  So na you? shocked

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! cheesy--Na wah ooooooooooooh!  They are married and working things out.  Don't you think the nitty-gritty of the situation should be avoided.  What do we stand to gain if she was unfaithful or not.  Why are you trying to put words at "her finger tips"?

She has revealed as much as she wants us to know--no need to pry!  We are all adults and can come up with a thousand and one reasons for geegee's situation.  None I can say would matter much at the moment. We can only wish them well.

Thanks for you co-operation in advance--D____________________________________D!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by amsky(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2008
geegee thanks for sharing,all the best.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Dreloaded(f): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2008
whatever AJ, most people here who wrote about their marriage were also questioned about various things they have written, if you read thru the thread completely you'd see that. Not sure why geegee should be an exception.

She doesnt have to respond obviously, I was personally just curious, not looking to bash her or some crap.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 2:56am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

whatever AJ, most people here who wrote about their marriage were also questioned about various things they have written, if you read through the thread completely you'd see that. Not sure why geegee should be an exception.

She doesnt have to respond obviously, I was personally just curious, not looking to bash her or some crap.

That case is particularly sensitive.  Some things are better left alone.  Just my opinion though. undecided If someone has a kind of illness, I tend to soften. It is hard enough as it is. Just wanted to keep the thread at a happy note. Nothing heavy.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by Dreloaded(f): 3:01am On Jan 25, 2008
I suppose you're right but one could say if she didnt wnat people to question such a situation she wouldnt volunteer that much info you know?

But I get what you mean wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 6:18am On Jan 25, 2008
D-reloaded:

I suppose you're right but one could say if she didnt wnat people to question such a situation she wouldnt volunteer that much info you know?

But I get what you mean wink

Sure! wink

The right to know!
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by geegee(f): 11:06am On Jan 25, 2008
@D-D
i am not here to defend my post i just want to set the record straight
i said have done things im not proud of as a married woman
doesn't mean i have been unfaithful so don't quote me out of context.
and if i have been unfaithful who are u to judge me? are you with no sin?
i posted this because we are suppose to talk about our marriages and be as sincerer as
possible,i dint know mine will be on trial. i am no hypocrite calling black blue i say it as it is.
i am glad i shard my experience with others and i also learn from theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by DD5: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2008
@ geegee, if you were not unfaithful to ur husband then i appologise. But if you were dont think you can use that "are you with no sin" nonsense to pull the wool over my eyes.
Your marriage is not on trial but with the amount of clearly unnecessary information you divulged you shld expect extra interest in ur post.
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by efuah(f): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2008
haba D__D. . . . let this issue die now. wink cool
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by almondjoy(f): 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2008
efuah:

haba D__D. . . . let this issue die now. wink cool

The reason I said that certain things are left unsaid! cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by adeboo(f): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2008
Oga o.
Thank God that this thread exists, at least there is still hope that we singles are gonna feel the love one day.

I pray that God will soothe every pain out there, for everyone that have loved and lost, Jesus Christ the Balm of Gilead will soothe their pain. Amen.

God remember me o cause all this love am feeling here shouldnt just waste like that o. smiley
Re: Tell Us About Your Marriage by amsky(m): 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2008
@ adeboo

what's the meaning of oga o? you like that so much,pls let me know.

you will find love of course. you already found it in me. wink grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

10 Important Roles Of A Father / Husband Caught His Politician Wife In Bed With Their Adopted Son (Pictures) / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.