Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market (53147 Views)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Abubakar Shekau Kills Boko Haram’s Spokesman Over ‘leadership Plot’ / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#

But the Igbo wanted to leave since 1967 you people said no that it is one Nigeria

Now why cry us a lagoon

Relish one naija

22 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by ObainoSneh(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2015
The news is nonsense.de writter of this news is tribalist. As long as u are a nigerian you hv wright to live,to build, and to sale any part of de country, as long as is in Nigeria. You also hv ur franchise wright into government and non-governmental oganizations in any LGA or state of ur living in Nigeria.[url][/url]

15 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 18, 2015
olaolulazio:
Pastor!
becos he quoted a bible verse,he now bcoms a pastor??

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by francizy(m): 8:20am On Sep 18, 2015
heavenstorm:

You re not just mad but an accursed goat... Cos ur fada bought land frm a grand senile old fool that makes u an indigent? Answer me foolish ibo boy.... Mad grasshoppers... Useless vermins... Unredeemable parasites... It shall not be well with ur day nd night... To the useless hungry Yoruba idiots dat keep selling there accursed land shebi una Don see am now... Common ibo parasites doing bragadoccio over things u re not suppose to grant them at first...

It is saddening that everybody now has access to the internet, both the educated and "illiterates", both the sane and "insane", both the reasonable and "unreasonable", etc. I think you and the other illitrates that liked your comment needs to enrole in a primary school because your understanding of written English is worse than that of a child in basic 2.

Go and reread what you quoted and see how senselessly stewpid your comment sounded, since you couldn't even understand what the guy you quoted wrote.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2015
as long as am concern lagos is a no mans land. we will continue to pass the message to our kids. we developed it so we own it.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by murphyibiam15(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#
and come to think of it you're even a woman for that matter and at worse your picture shows different looks of u......u know my simple advice to u huh? work hard and make your money and u will find out that u wont have time to hate...hate kills.i wont insult u but u have to start acting like a human being and show a difference bw yoursef and the animals in UI zoo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 18, 2015
have you guys notice how seun and his people push such news to front page dis days.? tinubu brown envelope really went round.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2015
Alcatraz001:

na una fault? I blame we yorubas especially our leadership for this.

All Tinubu is concerned about is gaining the whole World while we are losing Lagos.

I thank God people are now waking up.

OPC sef don follow money go.......Gain Adams disappointed ALL Yoruba's when he followed Jonathan last elections.

if OPC can get it's act back then the problem will be settled once and for all.

When this crisis u are planting will germinate, believe me u and ur entire family will be the first to go six feet below. Your head will be decapitated from your body, your hands and legs will be amputated and your remains will be bury alive. That's wat will befall you.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by funkybully(f): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2015
Read comments from respondents including yolobas.

This reporter is d definition of nepotism!

Michael
10 hours ago
Lack of professionalism in this report. That is all I can see here. The Yoruba reporter instead of giving us a balanced report has obviously taken side with this kind of reportage. While interviewing the Iyaloja and the community leaders of the Egbeda community, the reporter did not bother at all to interview the other faction. This is quite a shame!
27 Reply

GEO Michael
8 hours ago
And once the reporter used the phrase "because of the peaceful and friendly nature of the Yorubas," i knew we are in for a long lopsided story. Then the reporter ended by saying that "the Igbos are taking laws into their hands without fear nor favour.”
10 Reply

ezemacd GEO
8 hours ago
U just said what i noticed and wanted to say and my fear is that allot of yorubas in Lagos this days are against igbos when is not necessary in fact building hatred and doing everything to strangulate us even want to take part tactically /forcefully in sharing revenue where they are not part on and is a calculated attempt supported by APC Lagos politicians with some yoruba lagos leaders and indirectly sympathetic to them by Lagos government. Is to bad and it won't help any one by building a hostile environment and turning around accusing others of it. Normally this is not an issue but some people are stocking such problem why no one seems to discipline them or advice them rather allowing them to expand to other places.
6 Reply

tayoIjebu ezemacd
8 hours ago
I think you are over reacting and have taking this too far my friend. Yorubas are not against Igbo and don't want to share anything from anybody. If i may ask, are you living and doing your business in Lagos? If you are you will not be talking like this.
0 Reply

Kola Adekola Card Reader GEO
16 minutes ago
Am a Yoruba man, this report is biased.
0 Reply

Anti Hypocrisy Michael
10 hours ago
So true.
5 Reply

Chidi Michael
2 hours ago
What will you expect of yorubas. They are good at using the media to cast aspersions against the igbos at international and domestic levels. We must go into the media business and use it to defend ourselves and attack them .
1 Reply

ECOMOG Michael
9 hours ago
i tire for the reporter, very bias human bein
1 Reply

obadimej Michael
10 hours ago
Go to your biafra of you are not satisfied
1 Reply

OnyebuchiKenneth obadimej
9 hours ago
Bleep u obadimej
3 Reply

bUHARIDBIGOT obadimej
2 hours ago
Mugu can you stand face to face with A BIAFRAN to RANT that SHIT?
1 Reply

Terry obadimej
10 hours ago
But Nigeria is part of Biafra, or have you forgotten?
1 Reply

Rainbow Terry
5 hours ago
Point of correction. Nigeria is not part of biafra. It is the other way round. But some people here continue to deny they are Nigerians, professing instead to belong to another domain called biafra. While I have no issue with anyone identifying with their own choice of 'country', what I resent is anyone denigrating our dear country Nigeria while at the same time drawing benefits from her.
God bless Nigeria
1 Reply

IchieBart Rainbow
5 hours ago
Of what benefits are Igbos drawing from Nigeria my friend? Lord have mercy.
0 Reply

Rainbow IchieBart
5 hours ago
The list is so long you can't count.
God bless Nigeria
0 Reply

Nwa _ Africa Rainbow
4 hours ago
Like investing in Yoruba land and lazy fools are trying to corner it for their own good? Is that what you mean?
0 Reply

Field_Marshal Nwa _ Africa
2 hours ago
Shebi you don change colour to Igbo man here? Nwa Mkpi, Chameleon Yoruba boy!
0 Reply

charles Nwa _ Africa
2 hours ago
Wat do u mean by yoruba land? Lagos is the former Nigeria capital with lots of FG installations, do u see them in mass in osun,or ekiti? Besides tell me one land u won't see an igbo man, even Pakistan they dey there
0 Reply

Utali Mmuo obadimej
2 hours ago
Nigeria is ZOO
0 Reply

Tony Awusaku
9 hours ago
When you sell or rent your shop, house or space, you collect money whi

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Etizz: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Lagos State belongs to Nobody tongue
U must be an igbo person.... Nor let yoruba person hear am oh..... Lol
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

Why are you promoting mayhem and genocide against Igbo

You can hide with funny Monica but you can't mask your IP which can be linked to your phone number and which can be linked easily to you. If I were you withdraw this statement

When the shit hits the fan . remember you said this and this is an evidence against you. It has been bookmarked and screen grabbed

So if I were you

Withdraw that statement

What do you gain in bloodshed and violence

smal boy shutup ur mouth there ok. imagine an apprentise educating me on IP.

there is no need hidding any moniker ok. i reside and also an indigene of edo state.

i stand on my ground nd dat is wat is gonna happen to d igbos nationwide wit d way the igbos are behavin of recent.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by lonelydora: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool The amala-eaters are seeing what the abokis have seen a long time ago, namely the akpu-eating flattheads are not to be trusted. Give them an inch they take a mile, give them a yard, they take a mile. Biafra will not come until the amala-eaters uproot those flattheads from Lagos. Until you deal with the chestbeaters they will never recognize how to show respect to others. Go to Kano now and see how nice and humble these flattheads have become. They will beating their chests until aboki started macheting them one by one. In Kano (and the North in general), you see the flattheads going about their business with humility and very little chestbeating(if any at all)- they dare not try any stupid nonsense.

Haven't said all these, lets not forget that the amala eaters and the akpu-eating flattheads are both a nuisance that need to shut up or go away.

Its the tribalist signing off.

Please go and revisit your history books and learn how the Kano fight ended.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by osothermal(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2015
I prefare an hausa man to a yoruba anytime any day typical yorubas are cunning , diabolic and back stabbers

I schooled in the west Akure to be precise and i know what am saying i am Benin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

smal boy shutup ur mouth there ok. imagine an apprentise educating me on IP.

there is no need hidding any moniker ok. i reside and also an indigene of edo state.

i stand on my ground nd dat is wat is gonna happen to d igbos nationwide wit d way the igbos are behavin of recent.

OK sir ...noted

But remember I warned u

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CHUKSKALIDONN: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Chinua Achebe once said in his book titled "there was a country" that. "I suddenly realised am not in my fathers land, am not home, am at someone's home" with reference to pre BIAFRAN violence. The yorubas effortly droved all IGBOS out of their place chanting "Let them go food would be cheaper in lagos".
I have once said, nigeria is not what it seems, come home and establish yourself at home. I dnt mind living in lagos or kano but I must establish myself at home. We have the largest market in Western Africa and high market places here at home, come home and utilise them. Come home and develop the ones that needed to be developed... The biggest mistake any IGBO can make is establishing himself at the yoruba or hausa places, they will always envy u in terms of business. It may work for them both sides but it won't work for u as an IGBO....come home here and die at Gods time. By the time all the IGBOS residing lagos leaves, they will realise how poor and non-creative they are.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
osothermal:
I prefare an hausa man to a yoruba anytime any day typical yorubas are cunning , diabolic and back stabbers

I schooled in the west Akure to be precise and i know what am saying i am Benin

Why say that ?

Not all of them so I think generalisation is not good

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by olaolulazio(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:
Chinua Achebe once said in his book titled "there was. country" that. "I suddenly realised am not in my fathers land, am not home, am at someone's home" with reference to pre BIAFRAN violence. The yorubas effortly droved all IGBOS out of their place chanting "Let gem go food would be cheaper in lagos".
I have once said, nigeria is not what it seems, come home and establish yourself at home. I dnt mind living in lagos or kano but I must establish myself at home. We have the largest arket in Western Africa and high market places here at home, come home and utilise them. Come home and develop the ones that needed to be developed... The biggest mistake any IGBO can make is establishing himself at the yoruba or hausa places, they will always envy u in terms of business. It may work for them both sides but it won't work for u as an IGBO....cone home here and die at Gods time. By the time all the IGBOS residing lagos leaves, they will reslise how poor and non-creative they are.
Hmmmmmm!
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2015
ObainoSneh:
The news is nonsense.de writter of this news is tribalist. As long as u are a nigerian you hv wright to live,to build, and to sale any part of de country, as long as is in Nigeria. You also hv ur franchise wright into government and non-governmental oganizations in any LGA or state of ur living in Nigeria.[url][/url]
next time just report the entire article, & it will be hidden.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:

Fool. And you Yoruba's will die when you hear of biafrs

8 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by nnamdibig(m): 8:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Nairaland MODs & Seun cannot win the war on tribalism when we still see this kind of news on front page.
That it is from vanguard does not make it a worthy front page news

8 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:
These are some of the dividents of radio biafra. Igbos know very well that they have thrived in urban and rural nooks and crannies of Nigeria by establishing a micro retail chain. This is only possible through peaceful coexistence which helped in relationship bonding in form of marriages, friendship and even property acquisition with the host communities.

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when the threshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.

Stupid yoruba slave

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by cheruv: 8:31am On Sep 18, 2015
DaBullIT:
Imagine ?
I love your siggy bro...
It reminds me of one Nigeria smiley
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by funkybully(f): 8:31am On Sep 18, 2015
Yolobas are lazy cowards. U want one Nigeria, yet talk of accommodating shyt.

Thunder fire all of u there! Enjoy one Nigeria, u can't eat Ur cake and have it. Better brace up nd face d competitive igbos or lose out. Its all about d survival of the fittest.

Lazy bones!

11 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 18, 2015
Okudiover:
You are simply deviating. What has Nnamdi Kanu or Biafra has to do with the subjective and biased reporting? There are many threads on this forum that have direct bearing on your comments but not this one. I know junk journals when I see them.

Do not mind the Yoruba fool.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2015
Oladimejjy:

If the news is about buhari u will said hausas and propanganda......biafran fools

Stupid yoruba snake and slave

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by pyyxxaro: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Etizz:

U must be an igbo person.... Nor let yoruba person hear am oh..... Lol

Noooooo grin

I be full blooded 053

Yoruba people nor get level

Na so so rake dem de rake[sup][/sup]

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Rapture007:

Did u really ask that? u cant compete favourably with them in ur own place with evry perceived and obvious advantage u have in ur own land and u talk of doing that in Igboland? u must be a clown. please get ur lazy ass and mango head somwhere and do something meaningful.

Lol

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by olaolulazio(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2015
googlepikin:
have you guys notice how seun and his people push such news to front page dis days.? tinubu brown envelope really went round.
Create ya own blog in order to get ya own brown envelope.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by PointB: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Lagos State belongs to Nobody tongue
And everybody. heheheheheh

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Rapture007: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:
Years back,some of my friends ,told me ,that due to hardship ,that it was necessary for them to relocate out of Lagos and hursle.They all moved to Port-Harcourt and by God"s grace ,their condition was improving and today most of them are doing extremely well in their various locations,does that mean,they have the right to say Port-Harcourt is no man"s land?My point is that,nobody is disturbing anybody to do his or her business,but you have to respect your host.
I am tired of people talking of how nice the Yorubas have been to Igbos and how Igbos need to respect them.Please give instances of disrespect or cases where Yorubas gave their land free or shops without rent as an act of favour? I guess by being accommodating u mean Yorubas have been accommodating in selling off their lands, houses and shops to Igbo people? Hausas used to be wise by always mapping out a place they sell and allow foreigners to stay in and they call it 'Sabo-like Sabon Gari, Kano' but Yorubas wouldnt think that way, some sell the only building their parents left them, spend the money doing Owambe and turn Omonile the next day or an E-warrior like u and start shouting IGBOS are this and that. YEYE DE SMELL. This is one Nigeria and nobody is accommodating any body. Ur idea of the world 'ACCOMMODATING AND BEING NICE TO IGBOS ' is akin to saying u are accommodating ur siblings in ur parents' house, or are we not NIGERIANS AGAIN? hohohohohho!!! Please phone Awo and tell him the Kwashiokor-infested kids of 1967-1970, are now feeding well that they are buying his land and will soon get to his compound and the free education beneficiaries have abandoned education for E-fighting, Ritualism, and Incest.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Guyman02: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2015
Junk Journalism.

The market was started by the Yoruba and later occupied by the Igbo, the Yoruba built the shops and the Igbo sold the shops; then the Yoruba welcomed them with open arms and the Igbo greeted them with open leg.
Lobbish! are there no other tribe in the market except Yoruba and Igbo?. Lobbish! Shegiya dan banza kawai reporter

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Soldiers Patrol Round Ekiti Town Over Outcome Of Governorship Election. Photos / Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / This Is How Ambode Wants To Solve Traffic Problem In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.