Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market (53137 Views)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Abubakar Shekau Kills Boko Haram’s Spokesman Over ‘leadership Plot’ / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 10:22am On Sep 18, 2015
chuna1985:

Lagos is no man's land.
yeah thats why ambode appointed 19 top lagos state government officials. all 19 yoruba. not 1 igbo. it is because lagos is no mans land

thats why oba akiolu and all the obas of lagos are yoruba. its because lagos is no mans land

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
I know, but in gtodays modern world imposition doesnt add up..you know but dont you think mary slessor should have allowed the killing of twin for efiks, by the way it is their culture

culture is dynamic and must bow to change you know

i respect peoples culture..that is good ones.

I asked what are the economic derivables of this iyaloja thing...i am not against it, but i need clarification

you know people globally are reading this internet thing

teamchocolate:
Well said, but u have to leave that aspect of whether they want to change their culture of iyaloja to them... it's their land and culture....

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2015
Russell145:

Yeah, they are the bello's that have been ruling Nigeria and transferring the proceeds frm Oil to the north, they are the Olusegun's who have held prominent positions in leadership for over hw many yrs with ntin to shw for it but secretely stealing 300billion naira[with many more]... Thank God the person that has ruled Nigeria the most is your yoruba brother, olusegun...No wonder Nigeria has being is such a state cos we are being ruled by ur dummy brother.

Nw explain hw the Ibos are the problem in Nigeria if it is nt envy that wants to kill you.
MR u read it on newpaper dat i am yoruba? i am nt ok, am edo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 10:27am On Sep 18, 2015
i guess so...but i wont use a bad apple to condemn the whole basket you know
osothermal:
very true but an average are like that
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by FreeGlobe(f): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

Yeah, the ibos re d major problems of this country nd dat includes u if u re an ibo dude.
I willl rather believe what the emir of kano says about who are the problem with Nigeria.

http://www.naijamod.com/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-sanusi-lamido-sanusi/

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by melzabull(f): 10:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Shymm3x:
Hahahahaha!

Oh no, not again. Why do Yoruba people always cry for fvck sake, especially in their own domain? These folks are just too soft and stupid...they're the type of folks you slap and rob, and still go back the next day to taunt with what you robbed off them cos you know there won't be consequences. Weak muthaphuckas hiding behind pseudo-sophistication and being accommodating.

To all the Igbos I've attacked since I joined Nairaland for calling Yoruba people cowards...I hereby apologise, cos you never told a lie. In as much as I'm Yoruba and not a coward, and I don't know too many cowardly Yoruba folks (met a few cowardly ones from naij though) - based on ratio of majority/minority rule - I do accept that Yoruba folks are mostly cowards. I never knew Yoruba folks were this cowardly, but I know better now.

Effing sissified cowards. undecided
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by FreeGlobe(f): 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
sukkot:
yeah thats why ambode appointed 19 top lagos state government officials. all 19 yoruba. not 1 igbo. it is because lagos is no mans land

thats why oba akiolu and all the obas of lagos are yoruba. its because lagos is no mans land
Lagos was developed with money that belongs to all Nigerians, Lagos, Abuja are no mans lands where you like it or not

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Dreambeat: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
The owner of this newspaper is a core tribalist.This is not the first time the paper is indulging in an irresponsible and utterly biased write up.Yet people accuse Nnamdi Kanu of fanning the ambers of discord and hatred between Igbos and Yorubas.This is just unacceptable,a mainstream media putting out this rubbish for people to read.SMH

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2015
sukkot:

No matter how many times u bring up useless examples, Lagos remains a no man's land.

That's why Fashola made an igbo man a commissioner or so.

That's also why 3 igbos are now representing Lagos in the federal house of reps.

WE ARE COMING.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by lurlah2014(f): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided kill yourself for another man headache
ECOTERRORS:
dirty, smelling stinking gal, jux negodu the pig talking to me with her cheap dress and lazy makeup.

Adelola james, you live a stunted life that's why you are pained. I know you are miserable and sick.

Dirty gals like you wear torn panties and pack dirts in their ears and nostrils.

*spits on her*

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:
These are some of the dividents of radio biafra. Igbos know very well that they have thrived in urban and rural nooks and crannies of Nigeria by establishing a micro retail chain. This is only possible through peaceful coexistence which helped in relationship bonding in form of marriages, friendship and even property acquisition with the host communities.

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when the threshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.

I have told you before, Go and look for your father outside Igbo land, ...you sound more or less like Joe Igbokwe...maybe you have things in common, you didnt even read the article.... You and okorohausa have sold your bloody self to the North and SW....Radio Biafra have made Igbos more aware of the situation around them and are always at alert...we dont need bra wearing coward like you in our endeavors

8 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2015
chuna1985:

[s]
No matter how many times u bring up useless examples, Lagos remains a no man's land.

That's also why 3 igbos are now representing Lagos in the federal house of reps.

WE ARE COMING.[/s]
i understand why you want to claim lagos so bad. cuz biafraland is still in the dark ages. i dont blame you. i will like to claim the best part of nigeria too if i was from the south-east. thanks for unwittingly ackowledging that lagos is the best place in nigeria. people only ally with winners and by you trying to ally with lagos it shows oduduwa-yoruba has the best place in nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by danbrowndmf(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:
What kind of biased reportage is this? The so called journalist should go back to school abeg.
very biase,he jus dy write in favour of the yorubas
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by lurlah2014(f): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2015
NOW i see you joining the likes of LOW LIFE MISCHIEVOUS GENERATION BUILDER #FAKE ASS LIKE YOU
babestella:

You are so despicable, just look at what you write up there. Which poly did you finish from?

Pls get a life and stop hating those you should actually learn from and respect. At your age you are full of hate in your heart. Wow, at your age. This is a sad yoruba generation blaming others for their failures.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by mightyokwy(m): 10:36am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:
Years back,some of my friends ,told me ,that due to hardship ,that it was necessary for them to relocate out of Lagos and hursle.They all moved to Port-Harcourt and by God"s grace ,their condition was improving and today most of them are doing extremely well in their various locations,does that mean,they have the right to say Port-Harcourt is no man"s land?My point is that,nobody is disturbing anybody to do his or her business,but you have to respect your host.
Respect in what way?. The respect I hv for you as my landlord is to pay my rent when do.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Lagos was developed with money that belongs to all Nigerians, Lagos, Abuja are no mans lands where you like it or not
in your mind it is no mans land. but you are entitled to your mind. in reality it is yoruba land. matters not to me if you are living in denial. you are entitled to your denial. all the obas in lagos are yoruba. not one single igbo. the oba of lagos said he will ship all igbos into the lagoon < that sounds like someone who knows lagos belongs to him. you dont promise to deport people from somewhere that dont belong to you.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Balkan(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2015
sukkot:
I have to keep telling ndigbo this, because so many of you online deal with many un-enlightened yoruba and you can say many things and get away with it because they are ignorant. but I have to come in and clear the matter - NOBODY IN ANY PART OF THIS WORLD SELLS LAND. NO PLACE ON THIS GODS GREEN EARTH IS LAND ' SOLD '. LAND IS LEASED FOR PERIODS OF 100 YEARS. AFTER THE LEASE IS UP THEY CAN RENEW IT FOR YOU OR THEY CAN TERMINATE IT. YOU OWN THE HOUSE ON THE LAND AND NOT THE LAND. THE LAND IS CONTROLLED BY YORUBA DIGNATARIES. WHEN PEOPLE BUY LAND-THEY BUY THE USE OF THE LAND FOR 100 YEARS. IN SOME COUNTRIES THEY GIVE YOU 150 YEARS. but nobody really buys land. this is why el-rufai can come and bulldoze thousands of houses belonging to people is because you can never own land.
let me school you a little. You don't think you can eat your cake and have it. The law of our land has made it that every land belongs to the government. They issue C of O for a period of 99yrs. You renew it after it expires. That is why a yoruba man like you needs the Cof O like any other Nigerian in Lagos. So the government owns land not the Yoruba man like you. grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2015
Balkan:
let me school you a little. You don't think you can eat your cake and have it. The law of our land has made it that every land belongs to the government. They issue C of O for a period of 99yrs. You renew it after it expires. That is why a yoruba man like you needs the Cof O like any other Nigerian in Lagos. So the government owns land not the Yoruba man like you. grin grin grin
finally someone with sense. and who is the government in yoruba land ? the yoruba government. who is the government in igbo land ? the igbo government. who is the govt in hausa land ? the hausa govt. but i like your input because it shows me you are a landowner who knows what he is talking about. it tells me you are someone who has been through the process and you are not just spewing empty rhetoric wink

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by chiedu7: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool The amala-eaters are seeing what the abokis have seen a long time ago, namely the akpu-eating flattheads are not to be trusted. Give them an inch they take a mile, give them a yard, they take a mile. Biafra will not come until the amala-eaters uproot those flattheads from Lagos. Until you deal with the chestbeaters they will never recognize how to show respect to others. Go to Kano now and see how nice and humble these flattheads have become. They will beating their chests until aboki started macheting them one by one. In Kano (and the North in general), you see the flattheads going about their business with humility and very little chestbeating(if any at all)- they dare not try any stupid nonsense.

Haven't said all these, lets not forget that the amala eaters and the akpu-eating flattheads are both a nuisance that need to shut up or go away.

Its the tribalist signing off.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by freshdude99(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:
What kind of biased reportage is this? The so called journalist should go back to school abeg.
Exactly what was going through my mind while reading...
The Igbos deserve it that's why they have held it for 12years...
Shebi Na tax baah... We will gladly be paying the tax so long you don't interfere with our birthright of leadership grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by FreeGlobe(f): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#
eddiot there are no igbos in your mud villages and cities called yorubaland. Lagos is not yorubaland. Lagos was not not built with cocoa money. Lagos is a no mans land. #yorubas must embrace their mud, brown roof, backward villages and cities and leave lagos alone!

11 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by teamchocolate: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2015
I Amma start following this sukkot o, u don dey think like awolowo... an average yoruba man does not fight with stone and sticks...he fights intellectual battles..we also have a strong spiritual base.. all u have said, makes me know ur a real yoruba man... not a bastard!! Kudos bro!!!

sukkot:
[b]ahhh but you are not seeing the big picture. you are looking at the situation from a poor yoruba mans perspective who is on ground level who sees all these igbos owning shops or houses. the poor yoruba man is alarmed and thinks the igbo man is taking over. this is the myopic poor yoruba mans vision of the situation. now let me take you to the view of the rich powerful yoruba man hiding in the background controlling everything. men like tinubu who practically own all of lagos and his fellow yoruba land-owners. these powerful yoruba men know the land belongs to yoruba and they can lease it to anybody who has money. it pays you more to lease it to ndigbo because they can bring all their wealth to lagos instead of keeping it east. then people like tinubu can get the following benefits
1- you pay all kinds of taxes and levies on the land annually
2-you beautify and develop lagos when you build your structure on it
3-you pay millions of naira to lease the land
4-when you build your structure on it you employ lagosians to build it for you hence employment
5-the fact that you live in lagos means you spend all your money in lagos and keep commerce vibrant

so these yoruba dignataries are collecting money in 5 different ways from ndigbo who has leased land in lagos. it is sophisticated slavery. you are enslaved to yoruba but you dont know it because you have a house and think you are free. SO THIS IS THE VIEW OF THE YORUBA ROYALTY WHO CONTROLS THE LAND. BUT TO THE POOR YORUBA MAN HE SEES THE IGBO AS COMPETITION. BUT IN REALITY ? THE IGBO MAN AND THE POOR YORUBA MAN ARE ALL SLAVES TO THE YORUBA ROYAL CLASS[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by FreeGlobe(f): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2015
sukkot:
in your mind it is no mans land. but you are entitled to your mind. in reality it is yoruba land. matters not to me if you are living in denial. you are entitled to your denial. all the obas in lagos are yoruba. not one single igbo. the oba of lagos said he will ship all igbos into the lagoon < that sounds like someone who knows lagos belongs to him. you dont promise to deport people from somewhere that dont belong to you.
The yorubas that were once deported by Fashola to osun state, are they not yorubas? Lagos can have obas and all but lagos is a no mans land. I want yorubas to start promoting their cocoa built mud and brown roof cities of Oyo, ibadan, abeokuta etc and leave lagos alone

10 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by bareal(m): 10:48am On Sep 18, 2015
chuna1985:

WE ARE COMING.

This kind of statement will make other coming leaders or governors of Lagos State as the case may be not consider Igbos in their cabinet at all ....very childish I presume.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by chimichael05: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
This reporter need to be stone in head for this sham write up

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
teamchocolate:
I Amma start following this sukkot o, u don dey think like awolowo... an average yoruba man does not fight with stone and sticks...he fights intellectual battles..we also have a strong spiritual base.. all u have said, makes me know ur a real yoruba man... not a bastard!! Kudos bro!!!

thanks for the kind words bro. much appreciated. united we stand. wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Endi(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
olaolulazio:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/igbo-yoruba-clash-over-leadership-at-lagos-market/

This is what you read when a reporter writes in Yoruba and translates to English.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided kill yourself for another man headache
spits on that Pig of a man that has time for such a dirty and stinking gal.

Jux luk at the accumulated dirt on your face, I pity the pig who keeps you as a gf cos you look too dirty from here.

Stop being a tribalist.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2015
sukkot:
[b]ahhh but you are not seeing the big picture. you are looking at the situation from a poor yoruba mans perspective who is on ground level who sees all these igbos owning shops or houses. the poor yoruba man is alarmed and thinks the igbo man is taking over. this is the myopic poor yoruba mans vision of the situation. now let me take you to the view of the rich powerful yoruba man hiding in the background controlling everything. men like tinubu who practically own all of lagos and his fellow yoruba land-owners. these powerful yoruba men know the land belongs to yoruba and they can lease it to anybody who has money. it pays you more to lease it to ndigbo because they can bring all their wealth to lagos instead of keeping it east. then people like tinubu can get the following benefits
4-when you build your structure on it you employ lagosians to build it for you hence employment
5-the fact that you live in lagos means you spend all your money in lagos and keep commerce vibrant

so these yoruba dignataries are collecting money in 5 different ways from ndigbo who has leased land in lagos. it is sophisticated slavery. you are enslaved to yoruba but you dont know it because you have a house and think you are free. SO THIS IS THE VIEW OF THE YORUBA ROYALTY WHO CONTROLS THE LAND. BUT TO THE POOR YORUBA MAN HE SEES THE IGBO AS COMPETITION. BUT IN REALITY ? THE IGBO MAN AND THE POOR YORUBA MAN ARE ALL SLAVES TO THE YORUBA ROYAL CLASS[/b]

You are very right my brother, a few greedy ones amongst you[am nt generalizing it...jst sme of u] the royal class as u proclaim give the Ibos[foreigners as u may call it] the right over the things which ought to belong to the average yoruba man. The Ibo man collects it and say thank you to abt 2 or 3 yorubas and then becomes the boss of 1000 yorubas in their own land, so what's there to brag about my brother. cheesy
sukkot:

You are very right my brother, a few greedy ones amongst you[am nt generalizing it...jst sme of u] the royal class as u proclaim give the Ibos[foreigners as u may call it] the right over the things which ought to belong to the average yoruba man. The Ibo man collects it and say thank you to abt 2 or 3 yorubas and then becomes the boss of 1000 yorubas in their own land, so what's there to brag about my brother.

Hit like if you are feeling me

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Viktor1983(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:

you said it all
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by buchilino(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2015
ALL OF U DAT SAW D TOTAL BIASED N UNPROFESSIONAL JOURNALISM FROM DIS REPORT, I SAY MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS N GIVE U MORE WISDOM AMEN. N MAY I SUGGEST DAT D VANGUARD NEWSPAPER REPORTS BE BARRED FROM NL.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 18, 2015
Shymm3x:

Big bredrin, I think it's high time we stopped defending these folks if they can't possess their possessions. In a competitive environment, especially a place that belongs to you - you have to fight with everything you have got. No rules are allowed.

If these folks are too weak/soft/cowardly to possess their possessions and defend their natural entitlement from invaders - they deserve whatever they get. They need to stop crying, shut the fuvk up, and deal with their stupidity. These folks just irritate me these days, I swear down. Igbos have taken over our market. Igbos have taken over lands. Igbos have taken over our culture. Igbos don't respect us in our own land. Igbos have taken over our money blah blah blah. Fight back or shut it. Dammit! undecided

And you sit in the UK hiding cowardly behind your keyboard typing tough like you're any different from your loud-mouthed Yoruba brothers. Why don't you come down here and help your brothers fight it? Make i use hammer burst your head. Idiot!!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Hug At The PDP Convention (Photo) / 2 Influential Politicians In APC Who May Defeat Tinubu In 2023 APC Primaries / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.