Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market (53148 Views)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Abubakar Shekau Kills Boko Haram’s Spokesman Over ‘leadership Plot’ / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by murphyibiam15(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:

You have point though,but no need of any insult or name callings.But that you own a home or properties in Britain ,does it makes u a British?
your comparison is not appropriate as Britain is a country just like Nigeria...and we are all Nigerians and everyone has the right to own anything anywhere in Nigeria..
hope u understand this well

14 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by DaBullIT(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
cheruv:

I love your siggy bro...
It reminds me of one Nigeria smiley

Gracias amigo
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by funkybully(f): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
[s]
cabaliciouscabal:

GodBless U My Broda, Infact In My Entire Life U Ar D Second Igbo Man After D Great Leader Odumeigu Ojukwu Who Clearly Told His Fellow Igbos To Come Back Om And Develop Their Land.

I Sometimes Wondered, Why D Igbos Will Be Asking For Biafra ,Yet They Ar Investing All Their Wealth In A Country They Don't Believe In.

An Adage In My Place Says ( U Ar Complaining Dat D Bone Doesn't Av Meat, Throw It Away ! U Further Gave Reasons Dat It Has Small Meat) This Act Simply Shows Dat U Don't Know Wat U Want.

One Thing I Just Want My Igbo Brodas To Know Is Dat Where Dia Is No Peace Business Will Be Difficult To Thrive.

The Igbos Ar More Into Business And They Most Ensure Dat They Go To Any Length To Seek For Peace At All Tyms So That Their Trade Can Go On Un Hindered, By Ensuring Dat They Respect Their Host.

A Situation Where The Igbos Kip Dragging Land with Aborigine will Certainly Not Augur Well And Will Always Ignite Rancor.

#i advice d igbos not to overstretch d relative peace dey ar enjoying in south west by erupting d anger of their host.

#lets live as one with love.
[/s]

Give us instances where igbos dragged land with any lagosian

Give us instances where igbos are fighting Lagos indigenes like fulani are doing in plateau.

Give us instances where an igbo that own property in Lagos died and was buried in Lagos

Give us instances where igbos installed eze in festac, or igwe in lekki.

If u have no answer to the above, then igbos are not Ur problem but ENVY IS.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Rapture007: 8:57am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:

You have point though,but no need of any insult or name callings.But that you own a home or properties in Britain ,does it makes u a British?
datz a bad example. U funny,so if a Ghanain owns a house in Lagos does dat make him a Nigerian? ofcourse u need to have met the criteria for being a citizen for u to be one and if u own a property in any other part of dat country other than your part it is a plus for u. Igbos are Nigerians and can choose to own a property(ies) in any part of our DEAR NIGERIA unless u re saying someone owns the country more than others

11 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Chinom(m): 8:58am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:

Dumb analysis!. No Igbo man is claiming to be Yoruba. Igbo remains Igbo no matter where he lives or buys property, including in the UK. The British man will never use the word "Accommodating" to refer to the man to whom he sold his property.It is purely a business transaction.

So, In Lagos, no body is 'accommodating' anybody. Every Nigerian has the right to buy and own property anywhere in Nigeria. You reserve the right NOT to sell. Igbos are in Lagos to STAY.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CyberWolf: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
DIE, DIE U SAY, you must be so foolish to think of such about yorubas
Your so called biafra fighter where is he now? why have you not gone back to your village to protest for his release? think well born fools.
AM sure you know must of your brothers will pay dearly for this #WAR AGAINST EACH OTHER NO DEY HARD UNA FOR BODY TO START# by then there will be no room to accomodate fools like you that dont have generation to leave on
eyeeeeh shuuiut da fvvvck up angry angry ...Who is this bastard ediot? Just shuuut that ur putrid mouth up. Hope you can fight a tribal war here? angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by seunakin231(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigeria and tribalism....give what belongs to ceaser unto ceaser...
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Gapsy101(m): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2015
Make dey go try am 4 North, na only Yoruba land dis kind tin fit happen.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by livinbygrace: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Chinom:

Dumb analysis!. No Igbo man is claiming to be Yoruba. Igbo remains Igbo no matter where he lives or buys property, including in the UK. The British man will never use the word "Accommodating" to refer to the man to whom he sold his property.It is purely a business transaction.

So, In Lagos, no body is 'accommodating' anybody. Every Nigerian has the right to buy and own property anywhere in Nigeria. You reserve the right NOT to sell. Igbos are in Lagos to STAY.

Thank you Mr Analyst,Nobody is chasing anybody,but stay here ,do your business peacefully and stop this No Man"s land mantra.
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Okudiover(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
electropiz:
When you sell or rent your shop, house or space, you collect money which you use to solve your other problems. You have not done anybody any favour. You have not 'accommodated' any one. You merely engaged in a business venture. And, I'm certain that, wherever those traders are seen, they 'paid' for it; not dash, not government largese. We are getting more enlightened in Nigeria. So, journalists, like this reporter should be better trained.
CASE CLOSED!!! grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
I wish the case is resolved once and for all because it might lead to ethnic anarchy. You should expect what you will not allow in your state or community. Yorubas are much more accommodating than the Igbokuenosssss. A bitter truth. Let's embrace peace and harmony in our land

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by nuelsylves(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

But do the igbos knw abt dis? all the igbos want is oil frm the ss and nt biafra. tel dem to go get their country wit d 5 eastern states without ss states nd oil nd see if they wont be d one shoutin one nigeria by then.

Bro! Does it mean dt Nations without oil won't survive?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by saintkel(m): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Trut:
The silly writer of this news painted the yorubas white as if the igbo traders are accommodated in the market free of charge.
Isn't his name Ola.... Why won't he support d yoruba's?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Magomago007: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
USELESS REPORTER!!!!!!!!!!!b

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
I HAVE A DREAM

that a time shal come when every other state in this country except those frm the SE would stand up and peacefully or violently chase the igbos frm their state and they would have no option other than returning to their SE.

and highway robbery, kidnapping, drugs and prostitution would be free from these states because these evils and more majority of the igbos represent nationwide.
I thought you said you are from SS. Rose2014 plz investiate this mofo because he claimed SS in a thread for SS only

7 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 18, 2015
livinbygrace:
Years back,some of my friends ,told me ,that due to hardship ,that it was necessary for them to relocate out of Lagos and hursle.They all moved to Port-Harcourt and by God"s grace ,their condition was improving and today most of them are doing extremely well in their various locations,does that mean,they have the right to say Port-Harcourt is no man"s land?My point is that,nobody is disturbing anybody to do his or her business,but you have to respect your host.

You guys talk abt respecting Your host..... Did we dethrone your Oba or what, just because we came to lag nd we conquered the businesses there, u call that dis respect....wat u shld knw is that,it is business nd business is all abt competition...so ithe Ibos are good at dominating businesses does nt mke them disrespectful except u want us to cme at lick ur feet to shw u respect,if that's ur definition.

Just get things right

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by saintkel(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool The amala-eaters are seeing what the abokis have seen a long time ago, namely the akpu-eating flattheads are not to be trusted. Give them an inch they take a mile, give them a yard, they take a mile. Biafra will not come until the amala-eaters uproot those flattheads from Lagos. Until you deal with the chestbeaters they will never recognize how to show respect to others. Go to Kano now and see how nice and humble these flattheads have become. They will beating their chests until aboki started macheting them one by one. In Kano (and the North in general), you see the flattheads going about their business with humility and very little chestbeating(if any at all)- they dare not try any stupid nonsense.

Haven't said all these, lets not forget that the amala eaters and the akpu-eating flattheads are both a nuisance that need to shut up or go away.

Its the tribalist signing off.
U shouldn't have concluded dat way, since u have told us abt d akpu eaters, tell us more abt d amala eaters if u r not tribalistic. Shame on u

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#
just look at how dirty your face looks, you need to concentrate on your hygeine instead of spewing hate here *spits on her*

12 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:
These are some of the dividents of radio biafra. Igbos know very well that they have thrived in urban and rural nooks and crannies of Nigeria by establishing a micro retail chain. This is only possible through peaceful coexistence which helped in relationship bonding in form of marriages, friendship and even property acquisition with the host communities.

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when the threshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.
An Idiiot has come for judgement

8 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by CyberWolf: 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
You sell out your land and collect money in return, you rent out your house, shop,etc and collect money in return, you lease out your land and collect money in return. All this this kind of business venture and done in every part of the country.

So if a Yoruba man decides to sell his land and rent out his shop to an Igbo man who is willing to pay the price demanded by this Yoruba man, who is cheating who and who is helping who? None..Yoruba needs money and Igbo man needs land. Yoruba gets money and Igbo man gets land.

Tell me, how did Igbo man cheated a Yoruba man, and how did a Yoruba man accommodated an Igbo man?

All these ediotic Yorubas castigating Igbos here should go and die in the lagoon. angry ...If they think we Igbos has offended them, let them go and touch any Igbo man in Lagos let's see how it will end. Bunch of lazy bastard ediots. angry

And all this bastard Igbos like Abagworo talking trash here should watch their mouth!!! angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Shymm3x: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2015
Hahahahaha!

Oh no, not again. Why do Yoruba people always cry for fvck sake, especially in their own domain? These folks are just too soft and stupid...they're the type of folks you slap and rob, and still go back the next day to taunt with what you robbed off them cos you know there won't be consequences. Weak muthaphuckas hiding behind pseudo-sophistication and being accommodating.

To all the Igbos I've attacked since I joined Nairaland for calling Yoruba people cowards...I hereby apologise, cos you never told a lie. In as much as I'm Yoruba and not a coward, and I don't know too many cowardly Yoruba folks (met a few cowardly ones from naij though) - based on ratio of majority/minority rule - I do accept that Yoruba folks are mostly cowards. I never knew Yoruba folks were this cowardly, but I know better now.

Effing sissified cowards. undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by hugoboss70(m): 9:21am On Sep 18, 2015
googlepikin:
have you guys notice how seun and his people push such news to front page dis days.? tinubu brown envelope really went round.

I have bro and its sad

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 18, 2015
Babe go get a dick, u need it bcus u been sex starve is nw affecting ur brain.
ECOTERRORS:
I thought you said you are from SS. Rose2014 plz investiate this mofo because he claimed SS in a thread for SS only
u wanna knw me? i am frm same place wit immediate past pdp bot chairman. hope u knw who am talking abt?
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by melzabull(f): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Rapture007:

Did u really ask that? u cant compete favourably with them in ur own place with evry perceived and obvious advantage u have in ur own land and u talk of doing that in Igboland? u must be a clown. please get ur lazy ass and mango head somwhere and do something meaningful.
Brilliant! gringrin

I mean, your response is such a masterpiece. I had a heart filled laughter. They have always been bitter and hateful clowns.

Thanks! grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

And wats coming to me?

You will get it if you don't change ur sentiments against the Ibos.....cos they are nw the problem in this country abi?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by theenii: 9:28am On Sep 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
just look at how dirty your face looks, you need to concentrate on your hygeine instead of spewing hate here *spits on her*
She is black and shining, why are you not bold to show us your own face undecided
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by sukkot: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2015
Rapture007:

I am tired of people talking of how nice the Yorubas have been to Igbos and how Igbos need to respect them.Please give instances of disrespect or cases where Yorubas gave their land free or shops without rent as an act of favour? I guess by being accommodating u mean Yorubas have been accommodating in selling off their lands, houses and shops to Igbo people? Hausas used to be wise by always mapping out a place they sell and allow foreigners to stay in and they call it 'Sabo-like Sabon Gari, Kano' but Yorubas wouldnt think that way, some sell the only building their parents left them, spend the money doing Owambe and turn Omonile the next day or an E-warrior like u and start shouting IGBOS are this and that. YEYE DE SMELL. This is one Nigeria and nobody is accommodating any body. Ur idea of the world 'ACCOMMODATING AND BEING NICE TO IGBOS ' is akin to saying u are accommodating ur siblings in ur parents' house, or are we not NIGERIANS AGAIN? hohohohohho!!! Please phone Awo and tell him the Kwashiokor-infested kids of 1967-1970, are now feeding well that they are buying his land and will soon get to his compound and the free education beneficiaries have abandoned education for E-fighting, Ritualism, and Incest.
I have to keep telling ndigbo this, because so many of you online deal with many un-enlightened yoruba and you can say many things and get away with it because they are ignorant. but I have to come in and clear the matter - NOBODY IN ANY PART OF THIS WORLD SELLS LAND. NO PLACE ON THIS GODS GREEN EARTH IS LAND ' SOLD '. LAND IS LEASED FOR PERIODS OF 100 YEARS. AFTER THE LEASE IS UP THEY CAN RENEW IT FOR YOU OR THEY CAN TERMINATE IT. YOU OWN THE HOUSE ON THE LAND AND NOT THE LAND. THE LAND IS CONTROLLED BY YORUBA DIGNATARIES. WHEN PEOPLE BUY LAND-THEY BUY THE USE OF THE LAND FOR 100 YEARS. IN SOME COUNTRIES THEY GIVE YOU 150 YEARS. but nobody really buys land. this is why el-rufai can come and bulldoze thousands of houses belonging to people is because you can never own land.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by melzabull(f): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2015
PHIPEX:
Why are you calling on Tinubu and OPC, did the traders collect your land with gun and bullets? Your mate beats you in school and you go home to call your parents...shame on you.
gringrin

buddahmonk, Rose2014 please can I have that laughing gif? grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Russell145:

You will get it if you don't change ur sentiments against the Ibos.....cos they are nw the problem in this country abi?
Yeah, the ibos re d major problems of this country nd dat includes u if u re an ibo dude.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by hamzeiy: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2015
Chinom:

i am waiting for the day any igbo asshole will come up north here and claim relevance....hmm..we will uproot his head from the rest of his arrogant body....i no blame wuna na d yoruba pple wia give you guys d chance to misbhave i blame....what is impossible to happen in onitcha or aba must not be allowed to happn in lagos
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 18, 2015
some Igbo GSM traders were said to have run to Olugbede Model market for succor and were received with open arms but gradually, the ‘visitors’ were said to have increased in number and dominated every sphere of the market.

This is one thing i hate about Yorubas and their Lagos-Ibadan expressway newspapers. Igbos ran to Yorubas for succor really? They did not buy the lands or pay for the shops, Yorubas just accept them in as accommodating and sophisticated host.

In this same Lagos, where Yorubas can't wait to bleed the Igbo man dry of his every penny. Chai!!! Yoruba people, when will you learn to tell the truth that you sold your lands to Igbos and they have beaten you in the same business environment. Fear God ooo!

9 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by lurlah2014(f): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2015
i dont blame you, na the dead body wey u put for ur profile picture na him dey decive you wey make u dey run that ur routen month for NL.
go get a life of ur own FOOL
ECOTERRORS:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Soldiers Patrol Round Ekiti Town Over Outcome Of Governorship Election. Photos / Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha / This Is How Ambode Wants To Solve Traffic Problem In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.