Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market (53142 Views)

Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die / Abubakar Shekau Kills Boko Haram’s Spokesman Over ‘leadership Plot’ / Killings Continue In Mile 12 Hausa-Yoruba Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Bobbystanley(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Yoruba's and Stupidity =Bread and Butter

10 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by livinbygrace: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Pavore9:

l hope you are through with insulting yourself, l suggest you enquire about Psychiatric services and since anything Lagos sets you off, l suggest you try Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, New Haven, Enugu, it is opposite St. Mulumba Catholic Church, New Haven, it will not be difficult to locate.

l leave you in the Lord's hands with this. Psalm 109:17-20

17 He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him!
18 He clothed himself with cursing as his coat; may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones!
19 May it be like a garment that he wraps around him, like a belt that he puts on every day!
20 May this be the reward of my accusers from the Lord, of those who speak evil against my life!

Am a Yoruba guy,but really like your matured response.Thumbs up!!!

14 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Rapture007: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Yoruba pathological liar at work....Historically, the Model market was
reportedly started by some Yoruba traders about 40 years ago but due to the relocation challenges being
faced by Ikeja GSM village, some Igbo GSM traders were said to have run
to Olugbede Model market for succor and were received with open arms but
gradually, the ‘visitors’ were said to have increased in number and
dominated every sphere of the market. Look at how ridiculous your
narrative sounds.Igbos dominated every sphere because of relocation
challenges Yorubas were facing? Were it not your kit and kin who
collected money and rented/sold their shops to them? Useless, Lazy South
Waste Journalist with Lagos-Ibadan-expressway non-investigative
Journalism mentality.

14 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Pavore9:

l hope you are through with insulting yourself, l suggest you enquire about Psychiatric services and since anything Lagos sets you off, l suggest you try Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, New Haven, Enugu, it is opposite St. Mulumba Catholic Church, New Haven, it will not be difficult to locate.

l leave you in the Lord's hands with this. Psalm 109:17-20

17 He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him!
18 He clothed himself with cursing as his coat; may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones!
19 May it be like a garment that he wraps around him, like a belt that he puts on every day!
20 May this be the reward of my accusers from the Lord, of those who speak evil against my life!

Amen! Lol

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
zendy:

Mechie onu! Shut up! Your fellow Yorubas know how to shout 'one Nigeria' but don't know how to practice it. I have news for you. Since you Yorubas want one Nigeria, you will get it Igbo style. There is nothing like Yoruba land, what we have is Nigeria and who owns what. I'm an Igbo man, one day, I may buy the palace of the Alafin of Oyo. And when I do, I'm going to fly a Biafran flag on top of it so that we all can enjoy one Nigeria together

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by lurlah2014(f): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#

4 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2015
Alcatraz001:

na una fault? I blame we yorubas especially our leadership for this.

All Tinubu is concerned about is gaining the whole World while we are losing Lagos.

I thank God people are now waking up.

OPC sef don follow money go.......Gain Adams disappointed ALL Yoruba's when he followed Jonathan last elections.

if OPC can get it's act back then the problem will be settled once and for all.

tonychristopher:

This report is what I call junk journalism

Where the igbos given shops for free..so the term allocated should not be used

What it the role of iya Loja
Why can't there be election

Why must iya Loja be an issue ...the Igbo do not understand the term iyaloja and they will not understand why an old woman with fat butts sits at one corner doing absolutely nothing will be collecting levies while people prostate giving it to her

I think in all honesty there are things that should be jettisoned and one of them is this iyaloja mentality

If the red Indians maintained their archaic culture there won't be new York

If the Emiratis had maintained their desrt nomadic culture we all won't troop to Dubai

I think the average black man has challenges with growth and the ability to think out of the box

Nations are begging people to come do businesses in their land some are busy formeting trouble with this iyaloja and omonile attitude

For heavens sake this is ICT period not Oyo dynasty nor Igbo ukwu kingdom

The black man must grow ...the black man must stop been laughed at by other races

Can somebody tell me the wholesome and value the iyaloja brings

Muslims don't take alcohol but the Emiratis understand that they need foreign money they forgot that and today in Dubai you can club and drink fine cocktail of cognac and vodka...that is how people should reason

Which one is more important

Is it the iyaloja thing or economic booming of the area

Good morning all
Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by livinbygrace: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
I expect nothing less from a yoruba newspaper.

U called vanguard,yoruba newspaper?Anyway nothing more to say.Goodday!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by chidooh1: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2015
"Also, because of the peaceful and friendly nature of the
Yorubas" this is where I abandon your story, u sound more like a one sided reporter.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by odomanis: 8:05am On Sep 18, 2015
heavenstorm:

You re not just mad but an accursed goat... Cos ur fada bought land frm a grand senile old fool that makes u an indigent? Answer me foolish ibo boy.... Mad grasshoppers... Useless vermins... Unredeemable parasites... It shall not be well with ur day nd night... To the useless hungry Yoruba idiots dat keep selling there accursed land shebi una Don see am now... Common ibo parasites doing bragadoccio over things u re not suppose to grant them at first...

The way and manner you abused and cursed that guy portrays the fact that you didn't understand his post. Your heart is filled with so much hatred that you were not patient to read and understand the guy but, went straight to abuse him because he is Ibo. You could not see that he gave witness to the fact that Lagos is not a no-mans land but, a Yoruba land.

Bros, take am easy o .

17 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Abagworo(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2015
These are some of the dividents of radio biafra. Igbos know very well that they have thrived in urban and rural nooks and crannies of Nigeria by establishing a micro retail chain. This is only possible through peaceful coexistence which helped in relationship bonding in form of marriages, friendship and even property acquisition with the host communities.

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when the threshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Olukat(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2015
Junk journalism
Lagos was what Abuja is to Nigeria today.
If Lagos does have indigenous identity, why would Tinubu and his loyalist control everything in Lagos?
Has any non-indigene govern Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo states?
The struggle for market leadership should not bear any indigenous fiber
Pullback your filthy ethnic pen, let traders and business people chose their leaders.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by softvio(m): 8:06am On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:
What kind of biased reportage is this? The so called journalist should go back to school abeg.

very biased my brother, i was tempted to say that the reporter must be a well-known tribal bigot on NL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Haywhymido(m): 8:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Pavore9:
The reportage is not balanced rather one-sided. l am Igbo, born and raised in Lagos but would not gloss over the truth that Lagos is ancestrally owned by the Yorubas because my father bought plots of lands way back in the 70's from a Yoruba family and not from any other tribe. Lagos is not a no-man's land but a land that has accommodated everybody.
may God bless u 4 been honest, sum idiots will stop at nothing to cause the populace problem.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Rapture007: 8:07am On Sep 18, 2015
olanrewaju029:
U can't try this in any of igbo state..
Did u really ask that? u cant compete favourably with them in ur own place with evry perceived and obvious advantage u have in ur own land and u talk of doing that in Igboland? u must be a clown. please get ur lazy ass and mango head somwhere and do something meaningful.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by funkybully(f): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Amala journalist!

Smells of gbegiri, ewa agoyin, ewedu oozing out of this one sided jargon.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by chronique(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2015
The writer of this article will die a horrible death if this nonsense He/She has written,spirals into a serious conflict and it claims lives. This is an area I know very well and no form of violence occurred there recently(to the best of my knowledge). The picture of people carrying sticks and potraying violent acts,isn't a picture of the said neighbourhood;why put that up? The market is made up of both the yorubas,ibos and hausas,which each tribe selling what they know best.

What do people gain by magnifying an issue and blowing it out of proportion? The pattern of reporting is even so one-sided and utterly biased. I weep for Nigeria;this country is being destroyed on a daily basis due to the stupidity of a few people.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by PHIPEX(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2015
Alcatraz001:

na una fault? I blame we yorubas especially our leadership for this.

All Tinubu is concerned about is gaining the whole World while we are losing Lagos.

I thank God people are now waking up.

OPC sef don follow money go.......Gain Adams disappointed ALL Yoruba's when he followed Jonathan last elections.

if OPC can get it's act back then the problem will be settled once and for all.
Why are you calling on Tinubu and OPC, did the traders collect your land with gun and bullets? Your mate beats you in school and you go home to call your parents...shame on you.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Okudiover(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:
These are some of the dividents of radio biafra. Igbos know very well that they have thrived in urban and rural nooks and crannies of Nigeria by establishing a micro retail chain. This is only possible through peaceful coexistence which helped in relationship bonding in form of marriages, friendship and even property acquisition with the host communities.

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when the threshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.
You are simply deviating. What has Nnamdi Kanu or Biafra has to do with the subjective and biased reporting? There are many threads on this forum that have direct bearing on your comments but not this one. I know junk journals when I see them.

16 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by chingydaboss(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Your writeup alone shows ur a bigot.. y r u jst against the igbos.. try to b neutral while narrating a story..
It might even b the Yoruba's dat are marginalising the igbo's...

I can't judge because I dnt knw wat apened, but please try to be neutral in whatsoever you doing..trust me, it helps
olaolulazio:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/igbo-yoruba-clash-over-leadership-at-lagos-market/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Evaromantik(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2015
heavenstorm:

You re not just mad but an accursed goat... Cos ur fada bought land frm a grand senile old fool that makes u an indigent? Answer me foolish ibo boy.... Mad grasshoppers... Useless vermins... Unredeemable parasites... It shall not be well with ur day nd night... To the useless hungry Yoruba idiots dat keep selling there accursed land shebi una Don see am now... Common ibo parasites doing bragadoccio over things u re not suppose to grant them at first...
this kinda statement you made is why we want to leave this country and answer our nationality as Biafrans........you are advising the yorubas not to welcome the Igbos,but the yorubas and the Hausas are those that cry "one nigeria" most..........beside,you misread what the dude you just quote wrote on his article

14 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by osothermal(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2015
warrior01:
What kind of biased reportage is this? The so called journalist should go back to school abeg.
The topic is suppose to be "Igbos challenging us in our market" stinky sentimental reportage

3 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by electropiz(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2015
When you sell or rent your shop, house or space, you collect money which you use to solve your other problems. You have not done anybody any favour. You have not 'accommodated' any one. You merely engaged in a business venture. And, I'm certain that, wherever those traders are seen, they 'paid' for it; not dash, not government largese. We are getting more enlightened in Nigeria. So, journalists, like this reporter should be better trained.

24 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Rapture007: 8:12am On Sep 18, 2015
lurlah2014:
what are this IGBO guys feeling like, why dont they go back to the village and dominate or rule them there, is this their fathers land or what is this rubbish they want to start performing with yorubas. well sha its not their fault if not for the selfish and greedy yoruba leaders that have sold their birth right to this foolish people, what would have given them the guts to want to intimidate the house owners #IGBO MUST GO#
Go where? u neva see anything. Call Awo from his grave and show him how pple he starved their forefathers to death and gave them 20 pounds after the war are buying over his Yoruba land. This is Nigeria and we are ONE.Hohohoho!!!

26 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by karkel(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool The amala-eaters are seeing what the abokis have seen a long time ago, namely the akpu-eating flattheads are not to be trusted. Give them an inch they take a mile, give them a yard, they take a mile. Biafra will not come until the amala-eaters uproot those flattheads from Lagos. Until you deal with the chestbeaters they will never recognize how to show respect to others. Go to Kano now and see how nice and humble these flattheads have become. They will beating their chests until aboki started macheting them one by one. In Kano (and the North in general), you see the flattheads going about their business with humility and very little chestbeating(if any at all)- they dare not try any stupid nonsense.

Haven't said all these, lets not forget that the amala eaters and the akpu-eating flattheads are both a nuisance that need to shut up or go away.

Its the tribalist signing off.
who's ds semeago

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by babestella: 8:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Whoever wrote this s1lly shiiiit is actually looking to start a tribal war in that area. The reportage is not only biased but filled with ethnic and tribal sentiments and bigotry.

Anyway, if the market is dominated by even 60% igbos it's fair to have an Igbo market leader should be an Igbo because if you go by election, it will always be Igbo. Market leader being igbo does not stop revenue collection by the government. This idea of imposing leaders in markets is what is fuelling this ethnic divide in the south. The writer is this article clearly doesn't want unity between yorubas and the igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Oladimejjy(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Yoloba and propaganda.shm on the reporter.

If the news is about buhari u will said hausas and propanganda......biafran fools

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by tonychristopher: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
I HAVE A DREAM

that a time shal come when every other state in this country except those frm the SE would stand up and peacefully or violently chase the igbos frm their state and they would have no option other than returning to their SE.

and highway robbery, kidnapping, drugs and prostitution would be free from these states because these evils and more majority of the igbos represent nationwide.

Why are you promoting mayhem and genocide against Igbo

You can hide with funny Monica but you can't mask your IP which can be linked to your phone number and which can be linked easily to you. If I were you withdraw this statement

When the shit hits the fan . remember you said this and this is an evidence against you. It has been bookmarked and screen grabbed

So if I were you

Withdraw that statement

What do you gain in bloodshed and violence

10 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by livinbygrace: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Years back,some of my friends ,told me ,that due to hardship ,that it was necessary for them to relocate out of Lagos and hursle.They all moved to Port-Harcourt and by God"s grace ,their condition was improving and today most of them are doing extremely well in their various locations,does that mean,they have the right to say Port-Harcourt is no man"s land?My point is that,nobody is disturbing anybody to do his or her business,but you have to respect your host.

1 Like

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by PHIPEX(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:

The kind of danger this recent Jonathan's politics and its birth child radio biafra is putting Igbos will be unimaginable when eshold is reached. Igbo elders should as a matter of urgency call the ignorant Nnamdi Kanu to order or we might wake up one day to read that 10million Igbos have been killed by a gang up of every other ethnic group in Nigeria.
so all was well in Nigeria until Nnamdi KANU starting his troubles and Jonathan became a president? You are more learned than this.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo, Yoruba Clash Over Leadership At Lagos Market by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2015
Abagworo:

[b]
Indeed you can find Igbos in almost every nook and cranny of Nigeria peacefully building and establishing business empires, and growing the economy of the locals and that of the country at large. No other tribe or ethnic group can be said to have exhibited such 'Nigerianness'. Is there any?

In the history of Nigeria there is virtually no occasion in which Igbos have gone on rampage, killing people and destroying means of livelihoods for no just cause. If you've heard or seen any of such display of hatred and carnage feel free to dispute that fact.

It's wrong to subtly allude to the saying that the 'host' is accommodating anyone when in reality the 'host' never offered the said lands to the 'visitor' for free or feeds the 'visitor'. The 'visitor' pays taxes and rents, sometimes multiple times.

Don't be the ignorant one by engaging in unnecessary diversionary tactics and joining dissimilar issues. That can't be the way out of a troubled situation.

You maybe bitter with NK but the truth is you can't do anything about his IPOB or RB.
You've only succeeded in proving the axiom that every strong position attracts opposition!

As per 10 million Igbos being killed by a gang up of other ethnic group in Nigeria, that can only exist in your fantasy, Biafra or no Biafra.
Never again shall the blood of Biafrans be wasted on the dirty streets of Nigeria in vain!

It's honourable to be sincere and objective in contributing to a national discourse.
[/b]

Balkan:
that guy is not Igbo. His mother yoruba and the father Igbo though his father has an Igbo wife too. He is from my village. He has amala blood in him

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House / Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari / Ease Of Lockdown Over COVID-19: Chaotic Scenes At Banks Unacceptable – Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.