Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki (35398 Views)

EFCC Obtains Warrant To Search All Flats In Osborne Towers / Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Jesusloveyou: 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
chiedu7:
Abi ein no get immunity from persecution again?
na u immune am

5 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
APC make do quick quick make PDP collect senate presido now. Be fast about it

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Bajelo1: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
This is absolute witch-hunting and blackmail. This government seems to lack agenda for good governance. The same old problems! We only have change in Government....

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by blackrules1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
haha!
this is getting interesting.

With this development from the FG, trust me, Saraki will fly into Ilorin today; those Islamic Scholars will do their usual rituals in his behalf, just for FG to forget the case.

Saraki sold Tsonga.
Saraki sold Kwara Express.
Saraki should be arrested, he is about selling the last bit of Kwara.

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
mars123:
Saraki will be wishing GEJ was still president cry

Brother, still free GEJ naaaa...

This is APC in house fighting...

But if the senate president is removed, will there be another election or will the deputy assume his position

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by iwatchandlisten(m): 1:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
"‎Saraki who was billed for arraignment this morning, sent his team of lawyers to serve the tribunal with a copy of the ruling of Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, yesterday, which summoned the Ministry of Justice to appear on Monday to show cause why the trial should be allowed to proceed.

Equally summoned by the court were the Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar and that of the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, Mr. Sam Saba, as well as Mr. Hassan who signed the charge against Saraki.
"

So what the Tribunal Chairman rule on the matter? Is he and all those summoned going to ignore the Federal High Court ruling for them to appear before it on Monday?

Reporting what the prosecutor said to the tribunal, and leaving out the response of Saraki's legal team, and most importantly, the tribunal's reaction is to say the least disingenuous, dont you think?

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Jesusloveyou: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
bigerboy200:

The high court was completely wrong to entertain the case stoping the sitting of a special court such as CCT, so their own decision was null and void..They just showed the mockery of the judicial system
just imaging, a judge summoning a justice

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Tkester:
This is jus pure macabre dance!

Anybody thinking that Saraki will be ousted from his position as the SP needs his brain checked.

Just as the noise of Ekweremadu's senate rule forgery and in the end it was dismissed, so shall this macabre dance end.

Truth is that the APc has no manifesto, so all these noise represents the direction of a purposeless and vision less govt.
Mr wen was it dismissed nd who dismissed it? d police has already said there was forgery and i tel u there is a game plan. remove saraki first wit his personal accusation and bring up d forgery case if ekweremadu refuse to resign. and i tel u bro, wat ekweremadu wud go through wen dat time comes wud be far worst dan wat saraki is goin tru nw. u knw y? bcus even d northern elites supportin saraki right nw wud join hands wit tinubu nd southwest to fight ekweremadu bcus nobody wants ibo. And b4 i forget,..a sw man who even judges respect nd fear is on his way to becoming anthoney general

8 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by globalresource: 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Bevista:
You haven't got a clue of the powers of the Code of Conduct Tribunal. They have constitutional powers to sack any elected official. Consult your lawyer.

The Tribunal should oblige immediately. That treacherous criminal needs a hard lesson on Contempt of Court. Era of Impunity should be gone for good.

You are absolutely right. He should not face the wrath of CCT. Tinubu even appeared before CCT.

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Last time I checked saraki is an elected official. Only the house members can remove him. Mastubators have plenty of vasline today

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Praktikals(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
Unsad:
SARAKI going going.....
For your mind undecided
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by tuniski: 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
Bevista:
I wish him well, then. Just remember that we are in a new Era, where everything is responding to the now famous "Body Language".
this yeye body language dey get me angry. Body language my foot. Is buhari the judiciary abi saraki no see d body language b4 insisting on his right to aspire? Abeg body language is a cheap way of rationalizing a non performance or no action!

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
dustmalik:
Now, that escalated so quick. I just hope they have a good case against him, because Saraki has a powerful team of lawyers.
The CCB had better have a good case against him because, if they fail to prove their case, they may end up rendering him popular. We don't want such situation.
Let's see who will laugh last between Saraki and Tinubu. But it's obvious, the swinging Pendulum shall rest @ Tinubu's position. Personal opinion though...

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by mars123(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
OldJohn:

But if the senate president is removed, will there be another election or will the deputy assume his position
APC in house fighting is how you see it, I see it as Nigeria's fight against corruption. If there is a new senate president,there will be a new deputy and new principal officers I think.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by haywire1: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
mrvitalis:
Buhari is now showing he too can play politics. ... .. But he is borrowing Jonathan style... . When Jonathan wants to deal with someone he travels abroad. ...
.. This very funny..#Party supremacy

Wettin concern buhari in this matter undecided undecided undecided. If u dont watch news, try to buy newspaper

#

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by famotechs(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
You are all running against Saraki all in the Name of Fighting Corruption,yet president Buhari who said in March he has # 1m in is bank account with 170cows, Now claiming he has # 30m and 220cows.. # false declaration

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by FreeGlobe(f): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

Mr wen was it dismissed nd who dismissed it? d police has already said there was forgery and i tel u there is a game plan. remove saraki first wit his personal accusation and bring up d forgery case if ekweremadu refuse to resign. and i tel u bro, wat ekweremadu wud go through wen dat time comes wud be far worst dan wat saraki is goin tru nw. u knw y? bcus even d northern elites supportin saraki right nw wud join hands wit tinubu nd southwest to fight ekweremadu bcus nobody wants ibo. And b4 i forget,..a sw man who even judges respect nd fear is on his way to becoming anthoney general
Keep ranting until Ekweremmadu becomes senate president. Only then will fools like you realize what igbos are made of.
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by famotechs(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
Even Nothing was done to Former Governor of Lagos who use # 78m from state Financial account to upgrade his personal account
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Jesusloveyou: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
OldJohn:

election never held in d first place, so we never had anything like senate president or deputy. Saraki force senate president on himself, and he wil relinquish by force

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
shaddoww:
I remember Tinubu saying he will never accept Saraki as Senate President, am sure dis is him fighting dirty, Saraki shouldn't have picked up a fight against him, Tinubu has nothing to loose

Please be quiet. Tinubu is a powerless rat
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Cmoyor: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
tuniski:
Apc deceiving themselves. Saraki has come to stay. To remove him requires impeachment by 2/3 majority. They won't get that saraki turning to buhari/apc nemesis. I am not his fan but, let due process continue to be followed. God bless nigeria.
18(1) of code of conduct tribunal
where d code of conduct tribunal finds a public officer guilty of contravention of any of the provisions of this code it shall impose upon that officer any of the punishments specified under sub-paragraph (2) of this paragraph and any other punishment as may be prescribed by d national assembly.
(2) the punishment which d code of conduct tribunal may impose shall include any of d following-
(a) vacation of office or seat in any legislative house as d case may be:
(b) disqualification from membership of a legislative house and from holding any public office for a period not exceeding ten years: and
(c) seizure and forfeiture to the state of any property acquired in abuse or corruption of office

3 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
omenka:
Pa Chukwudi44, how is your health so far?? cheesy
Stop having a hard on over a mere application that have not been granted
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
This is why even animals nd infact non living tins hate d ibos. insultin wen unneccessary. babe its nt gud for ur health ok.
FreeGlobe:

Keep ranting until Ekweremmadu becomes senate president. Only then will fools like you realize what igbos are mad of.
same tin ur late fly ojukwu was made of nd he ran away to far ivoiry coast nd ibos were killed like rats i guess? babe pls say sometin better.

2 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by UpLoyo: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
What bill can you pass, when you are on the wrong side of the law?

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Politicalguru(m): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
UpLoyo:

Rendering him popular? grin grin That's kinda too late, google "Senate president is a thief" see what comes up.... grin

Results below....

Seriously I thought it was a photo shopped image until I googled it too. I believe this back stabber is going for real.
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by UpLoyo: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Politicalguru:

Seriously I thought it was a photo shopped image until I googled it too. I believe this back stabber is going for real.

There you go.... grin. Don't count on him going, this is naija we're talking about. They'll make some back room deals, make noise in the papers and it dies....

Atiku is still a king maker running around like the almighty, when the Senator he bribed is in jailed in the US...
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by blackpanda: 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
tuniski:
Apc deceiving themselves. Saraki has come to stay. To remove him requires impeachment by 2/3 majority. They won't get that saraki turning to buhari/apc nemesis. I am not his fan but, let due process continue to be followed. God bless nigeria.

I honestly think you are nothing but a hypocrite!
Did the CCB challenge his election as Senate President Please try use brain reason.
The fact that u are senate president doesnt give u green card to violate the law

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by blackpanda: 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
UpLoyo:

There you go.... grin. Don't count on him going, this is naija we're talking about. They'll make some back room deals, make noise in the papers and it dies....

Atiku is still a king maker running around like the almighty, when the Senator he bribed is in jailed in the US...

My dear, gone are those pdp days!

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by j4sure(m): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
NA WHO HOLY PASS ?
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by globalresource: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
CCT does not jail, they can ban him from holding any public office for a period e.g 2years,. His assets can be confiscated etc. But no jailing terms in CCT. Let us watch as this unfolds.
Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by Politicalguru(m): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
UpLoyo:

Yeah this is Nigeria I know, but who could have ever imagine you can get in trouble for something you did a long time ago?
I believe this country is changing fir the better gradually.

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki by UpLoyo: 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
blackpanda:

My dear, gone are those pdp days!

There's not much difference btw pdd/apc, the only difference their is the man BUHARI which I'm sure misses Idiagbon by now. I don't envy the man he can't even find 36 people who are not corrupt in a nation of 170million!!!

Saraki and co were pdp before they all ran away from the sinking ship called pdp; so nothing's new. It's like giving a thief a new name tag, nothing else has changed expect the new name tag, he is still a thief.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Layal Tinubu's Mother / Fayemi Christmas Rice Hits Ekiti Towns (photo) / Buhari Sacks Five PTAD Directors Over Illegal Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.