Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities (75968 Views)

10 Best Courses To Study In Nigeria Today / List Of The 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In University Of Ibadan / Lists Of 'difficult Courses' People Look Down On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by cjmike704(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
OP have you studied theatre arts before??
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Harrisonwo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
Maths student do physics under the aegis of mechanics, vector n tensor, geometry and sme others. The suffix changes to MAT instead of the normal PHY. Statistics deserves to be on the list cos main stat starts from year 2 under probability 3
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by martineverest(m): 12:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Maths is cheap when study engr...maths is usually our compensation course afta hard mech courses.engrs are beta mathematicians dan the mathematicians dselves
Dhamielawlah:
Maths is really difficult ooo..I hail those people studying it..

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Fozi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
elmisti:

Pol science anywhere,even in private uni
]I like that
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by naijaboiy: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
richommie:

very easy course.
everything in law is to apply logic and have good sense of reasoning.

#YolO
You and yourmain are definitely on some cheap cràck. cheesy

Law is easy bawo? undecided
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by tobi9(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
Phemmy99:
because you have done ordinary calculus,you think that maths is nt hard ,why nt try your hands on advanced parts like real analysis,vector and tensors,metric spaces and others....if you think say maths na to dey pick beans...you dey on a long thing o....
U nailed it,the guy hasn't tried Real analysis, Complex Analysis,mathematical methods, Ordinary differential equations,e.t.c. Make e no dey form secondary schl maths for here
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by willian10: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
HaneefahRN:
Lolz, all this funny 'most difficult courses' and all. I blive difficulty of a course is relative, what is difficult for some1 can be a walk in the pack for others. Ever course can be difficult or ese, depends on ur approach, read well, be focused and ask questions and u will be better. And besides u av to go through that course to know whether it's actually difficult 'for u' or not. From my own POV, I would say Engineering courses, physics, biochemistry, pharmacy are harder than medicine. That's my own POV. Abstract courses tend to be harder than practical ones.
That's one disadvantage of Nigerian universities naming engineering courses, pharmacy n bio chemistry as abstract
No insult pls, u said they're are abstract n I didn't argue with u cos Nigerian Universities is the topic
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
cjmike704:
OP have you studied theatre arts before??
seconded
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Am suprised to see stats and maths in the list without computer science when in C.S we do both. Stats and maths courses plus physics courses also which they don't.
anyhow sha like you said "your opinion"
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Topshow2010(m): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
MyschoolNG:

http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/40291/7-most-difficult-courses-to-study-in-nigerian-universities.html
Its quite comical how u arrive at ur conclusion,Anyway let me stay with my area(health).Its untrue dt Med&Surgery is d most difficult among d medical courses;as a matter of fact,its d easiest due to d simple& well laid outlines course load while Pharmacy,Medical lab Science,Nursing even medical biochemistry are very tough courses in Nigerian universities.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by zyzxx(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tolzeal:

Are u still thinking of dropping out ?? grin
I'm in FUTA Akure.
apy birthday bro WULLNP
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by calculator123(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Lolz.
I teach myself mathematics in my spare time. I'm currently doing some rather advanced topics for my level.

That was how people kept shouting that calculus is hard. I listened and stayed away from it, until one day when I just damned it and read it. Understood differentiation within minutes using a very bad textbook sef.

Even "complex numbers" is quite the opposite.
i laugh i am maths student in the uni,av u heard of courses like real analysis,lesbesque measure theory,group and loop theory even complex analysis(the name says it all) not to talk abt does abstract course,my bro it ain't easy o

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2015

By the time you study Political Science for 7 years in UNIZIK, you will understand
[b][/b]
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by samedi74(m): 12:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
Seculent:

Don't mind the op, I was disappointed when I didn't see physics, physics is very wide and more difficult than chemistry and mathematics which the op listed.

He didn't remember physics itself consist of math too.
So chemistry consists of social studies undecided
Seculent:

Don't mind the op, I was disappointed when I didn't see physics, physics is very wide and more difficult than chemistry and mathematics which the op listed.

He didn't remember physics itself consist of math too.
So chemistry consists of social studies
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by mrphysics(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
GEOPHYSICS is nt hard wen u r in physics major geology minor bt it becomes hard wen d opposite z d case! most geology students r lazy, they dnt read, geology z very very simple, I studied PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY, specialized in GEOPHYSICS I can tell u, engineering is a learner, I hav friends in engineering, I look up dis text, ntn z they . u can hav tutorial materials on engineering course bt try it in physics. geology z very sweet. I hav combined maths/physics students in my class bt ask dem, they will tell u why PHYSICS Z hard. if u think physics z easy, read GRIFFITH QUANTUM MECHANICS and CHARLES KITTLE SOLID STATE PHYSIC, just d introductory chapter den come and let's discuss

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:
statistics should not be on that list
physics is a tough one

yungmilio2 : the Lecturers in Unilorin made Statistics simple for those that have passion for it ni. Physics too is tough sha.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by HaneefahRN(f): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
willian10:

That's one disadvantage of Nigerian universities naming engineering courses, pharmacy n bio chemistry as abstract
No insult pls, u said they're are abstract n I didn't argue with u cos Nigerian Universities is the topic
Sorry, I didn't get ur point. Besides, did u notice the full stop? I mentioned those courses has being harder than medicine from my POV then went on to form another sentence about abstract courses. When I mean abstract courses, I mean the likes of maths, physics,some part of chemistry, etc, they are mostly theoretical, just take it as it is, they are not things u deal with physically and can relate with practical things. So to me courses which involve more of these abtract courses will seem harder.
And what's with Nigerian university as the topic? Sorry I don't grab, mind expantiating ur point?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
lanxebony:
@ op you never think about nursing... Check d rate at WC council exam is done.
Sch of nursing or uni nursing , failed two courses repeat the year

if you sabi cramm wella, u shldnt have problem passing Their exams
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by abusurv(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
where is land surveying with its cholesky method of solving equation and geodesy ? this should be no.in the list
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
naijaboiy:

You and yourmain are definitely on some cheap cràck. cheesy

Law is easy bawo? undecided

Abeg sit down with your law. All my law friends just chill and get first class. And my uncles too that do law aren't the most intelligent or hardworking and they're good in law.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by ayokunlei(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yungmilio2:

yeah have taken more than two different courses from both courses as a computer science student
you can ask any Unilorin student abeggi
statistics is always an A course, physics is a tough one
l
you should read the comments well before u post

yungmilio2, did you borrow Sta 222 or 221 , last semester?
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by chikason68(m): 1:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
No course is most difficult neither is there any course dat is the simplest. It all depend on ones ability and commitment. Rep FOOD SCIENCE N TECHNOLOGY@MOUAU
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
calculator123:
i laugh i am maths student in the uni,av u heard of courses like real analysis,lesbesque measure theory,group and loop theory even complex analysis(the name says it all) not to talk abt does abstract course,my bro it ain't easy o
do you know why it is not easy?
because nothing is, really. all these courses are difficult. go ask an average engineer. they will also complain about their course. same with a doctor and a teacher and a musician. they all do complain about these things.

if all courses are then difficult, it follows that none are. since they all score the same.
i think the real problem is the mental exertion. the "work" the brain does in processing all of this. don't you think?
when you were four, long division seemed like the end of the world. how about now?
it's all about the perspective. maths is not hard. it is the ones that do it that are not up to the task . . . or something like that.

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
VonBismark:
calculus and complex number? Damn! am guessing u won't understand the simplest statement in Abstract Algebra and Real Analysis. And Op no course is hard or easy it all depends on ur interest and degree of hardwork u put into it
this is exactly what i've been trying to say since.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by fineyemi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
wow!! Also on guru9ja.com

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by daddysprincess(f): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
What aBout hiStory
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
lawnreigh:

is that wat u call Mathematics maybe u don't know Maths in advance level is too hard, all the aspect u are doing is just algebra in advance Maths u u will do Maths without seeing a number at all, talkless of applying formula or getting answers, talking about Complex analysis, Group and Ring, Games Theory, Mathematical Methods etc, so bro the one u are talking about is for baby wen mathematicians are talking
the baby does grow up.
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by naijaboiy: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
YourMain:

Abeg sit down with your law. All my law friends just chill and get first class. And my uncles too that do law aren't the most intelligent or hardworking and they're good in law.
They just chill and get first class? grin

Why am I even wasting my time. You are not there so you can never know. gringrin
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
usy309:

Am wishing u all the best....
I urge u to special in any of the following;
DIFFERENTIAL GEOMETRY, TOPOLOGICAL VECTOR SPACE, MEASURE and INTEGRALS THEOREMS, Abstract encryption, Space dynamic....E.T.C
okay great. smiley
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Realrex:
mathematics is not hard it depends on the time you put in to study it, some mathematics student are very lazy i can still remember during my 2nd year, a friend 4rm that department brought one calculus question for me to solve while am studying(SVG) i started wondering what makes them mathematics students.
exactly. it seems no one got the irony of my first post. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by SeunSpy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: 7 Most Difficult Courses To Study In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Tonymic4life:
u are just here contradicting urself. must u comment eh. u ask if humans didn't do mathematics in d past which makes it easy according to u. buh u also said previously dat law and medicine r difficult. maybe it was aliens dat studied those ones in d past not humans. Rubbish!!!. pls just face ur discipline. ur kind r the ones DAT wud lie to their children in future dat dey r always in d top of their classes or d best in their class while d reverse is the case.
well to me no course is easy or difficult. all u need to do is to discover the secret to them and u wud have a smooth ride in them. Thanks grin u are just here contradicting urself. must u comment eh. u asked if humans didn't do mathematics in d past which makes it easy according to u. buh u also said previously dat law and medicine r difficult. maybe it was aliens dat studied those ones in d past not humans. Rubbish!!!. pls just face ur discipline. ur kind r the ones DAT wud lie to their children in future dat dey r always in d top of their classes or d best in their class while d reverse is the case.
well to me no course is easy or difficult. all u need to do is to discover the secret to them and u wud have a smooth ride in them. Thanks
we are on the same side, man. i was being ironic in my first post. it was actually intended to be a bit whimsical. i wonder why no one gets it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Federal Government BEA Scholarship Awards For The Year 2014/2015 / LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / Please I Need Help On How To Write A Good Lesson Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.