Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? (37449 Views)

How High Can You Work? Check These High Altitude Jobs(Photos) / What A Jobless Graduate Can Do To Make Money This Season.. / How A Fresh Graduate Can Apply For A Job That requires Previous Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by mizsofiee(f): 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
Lyk seriously?? shocked
Mtchewwwwww
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by TheHeGoat: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
jonnayo:
I need an advice , I was called by my aunt to take up a position as a supervisor in JEVINIK restaurant and she told me my salary whould not be less than 80k with free accommodation. This is one year now I finished my service and yet to find a job. Please advise me.
You deserve a dirty slap! undecided
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Tex42(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Op, as u dey here dey ask this question, some masters holders dey lobby for interview for that same job...

Wey u suppose dey plan how u go take go thanks giving for church, and how much u go Give God as Tithe, u dey here dey augment the number of nairaland's 'should i' category.

2 Likes

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by themanderon: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
jonnayo:
I need an advice , I was called by my aunt to take up a position as a supervisor in JEVINIK restaurant and she told me my salary whould not be less than 80k with free accommodation. This is one year now I finished my service and yet to find a job. Please advise me.

See my man oh!!! And you are still there waiting?;you better dive that opportunity before its too late.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by ytex82(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Guy u better call your aunty and apologies for trying to think about the job offer.

3 Likes

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2015
dhardline:
And you are still thinking about it.please pm me your aunts number I have a million and one people who will even sacrifice the first month salary to who ever gets them this oppoertunity.
Hahahahaha...my guy no mind dis OP jareee...c mumu talk na. 80k Abeg share ur aunt No abeg I own her my 1st 3months salaries. After all mr bigs n restaurant ooo
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by TheHeGoat: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2015
Super1759:
Hahahahahahahahah....and I know many families, the man earns 20k and the woman 15k and they are very comfortable with it....

Lazy man mentality.,.
20 + 15 = 35. No family can survive comfortably with a monthly income as that even if they're living in the forest undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by phazotron(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:
The situation of the country has so much watered down our perception of self value, so even if the job doesn't give him any room for both professional & self improvement in the next decade he should jump on it because he heard 80k? Op the answer to this question lies within, do you have any other plans? Or you just job hunting? No meaningful answer to your questions can come from people out there, hardship don reconfigure our mental state. Chai oluwa wa o.

WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT HE SHOULD STAY FOREVER THERE. AT LEAST FOR THE MEANTIME INSTEAD OF BEING JOBLESS FOR OVER A YEAR LET HIM USE THIS TO KEEP HIMSELF OCCUPIED PENDING WHEN HELL GET A BETTER AND BEFITTING JOB. HELL MAKE MONEY, HELL GAIN EXPERIENCE AND HE WONT BE IDLE. ALREADY HE HAS SPENT A YEAR AT HOME ALREADY AND THE LONGER U STAY AT HOME, THE MORE EXPIRED ULL BE.

2 Likes

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by naijattingham(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
Please don't waste your good time giving him/her answers, atleast he/she has a connected aunty......olori buruku idiaaaaaaaaaat!.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bruv u funny die.I b no won comment b4 oooo.bt ur comment make me laugh.make una liv dat mumu,u b graduate,oya don't worry siddon,chevron d come.if hungry catch u ehhh,u go fine punpun do.graduate ko.serve ni
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Aude(f): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:
The situation of the country has so much watered down our perception of self value, so even if the job doesn't give him any room for both professional & self improvement in the next decade he should jump on it because he heard 80k? Op the answer to this question lies within, do you have any other plans? Or you just job hunting? No meaningful answer to your questions can come from people out there, hardship don reconfigure our mental state. Chai oluwa wa o.

No one has said he should stay in the job forever. He has no experience and he expects to be given a corporate job. A lot of the people you see in corporate positions also did blue collar jobs. What most employers are looking for is experience and professionalism. Even doing blue collar jobs gives people experience and teaches them workplace etiquette. It is this mentality that is killing Africans. They think because they have a certificate with their name on it they should be handed cushy jobs. University education in Africa does not prepare graduates for the real world. Some of the wealthy people in Europe and North America make their kids work in stores and holiday camps just because they want them to learn how to be responsible.
@OP take this job. You will learn a lot and since this is a customer-facing job you will learn how to deal with pressure. You will also be getting leadership experience. I am speaking from experience. Even the jobs that I considered to be below my pay grade taught me a lot of what I know now. I am in a corporate position right now but I still draw on my experiences from my previous jobs. You may even decide to go back to school and do a masters in hotel management. Most career paths are never straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
MichaelSokoto:
Olori iya mi oo! shocked
Aya puu pishure dia let's confam d kinikon! grin
Lol, wait for the pishure

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Timbuktuo: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nobody has made any mention of the free food at this guy's disposal. That's the most important factor. grin
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by pawesome(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bros,i use God beg u,beg ur family,beg ur generations unborn...i use all d veins fr ma body beg u...emabinu,yi ankur,abeg...gimme ur aunt numba...na beg i de beg...i go tk d job...abeg kal me 08034587005....i go tk d job..abeg i de wait fr reply
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by billyG(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
See this boy!even somegraduates dey look 4 danfo or taxi make them take drive.make her Aunt advertise that position make u see d numbers of unemploy grads whe go turn up frm all over d kun3 them go reach 300 sef.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by pleiades45: 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
[b]see, thats the unfortunate thing with this cheap phone and cheap internet age. it is a leveler. it brings people together that would otherwise not even be on the same level. and as such people should think very hard and have discretion when asking questions. this type of question should not even be asked on a forum like this. i understand where the OP is coming from. he is most likely an ajebutter from a somewhat rich home. privileged background. his friends were all happening in his neighborhood and in his uni. he runs with the happening crowd. and then after uni his friends all through their parents connections got oil job or went abroad or something high brow. so the man has a standard that he cannot fall below. he still at home living good but his parents are not as connected as his friends and the only connections they have is this 80 k job in a restaurant. so this is why he asked the question. but OP you should understand there are many people who are poor in this country who also have access to the internet so you should never ask this type of question on nairaland. [/b]

3 Likes

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by ugbah007: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Men you are so lazy and full of pride.I'm awaiting batch b service and for the now,working at the site,not because of the money but because I don't want to stay idle.pride is full of shit,it won't take you anywhere.sit down for house dey blow.

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by xpensivepearl(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Larryfly:
My brother dont mind all these comments. Pls you are a graduate dont belittle yourself. What will your friends and coursemates say if they see you in jevinik?
It ll be a shame!!!!
Keep applying to banks and to oil companies, one day your prayers will be answered.

Pls help me with your aunt's number. I m not a graduate but I have finished University and served. Thanks
Lmaoooo, mehn dis got me laffn real hard!

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by loomer: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2015
See how the op give una work sha
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Aude:

No one has said he should stay in the job forever. He has no experience and he expects to be given a corporate job. A lot of the people you see in corporate positions also did blue collar jobs. What most employers are looking for is experience and professionalism. Even doing blue collar jobs gives people experience and teaches them workplace etiquette. It is this mentality that is killing Africans. They think because they have a certificate with their name on it they should be handed cushy jobs. University education in Africa does not prepare graduates for the real world. Some of the wealthy people in Europe and North America make their kids work in stores and holiday camps just because they want them to learn how to be responsible.
@OP take this job. You will learn a lot and since this is a customer-facing job you will learn how to deal with pressure. You will also be getting leadership experience. I am speaking from experience. Even the jobs that I considered to be below my pay grade taught me a lot of what I know now. I am in a corporate position right now but I still draw on my experiences from my previous jobs. You may even decide to go back to school and do a masters in hotel management. Most career paths are never straight.

It's not like I don't believe in one gaining experience from underpaid jobs. Myself I did some volunteer stuffs during school days, like volunteered, no salary, only small perks. But see how everyone in here called the guy names for even daring to think twice about the job? Some even said he's a "mumu" for asking the question in the first place.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by zbone(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
Karleb:
See mumu question. Abeg give me the company... Errr I mean restaurant address.

Restaurant wet fit pay 80k na company o
karleb how u dey now?

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
phazotron:

WE ARE NOT SAYING THAT HE SHOULD STAY FOREVER THERE. AT LEAST FOR THE MEANTIME INSTEAD OF BEING JOBLESS FOR OVER A YEAR LET HIM USE THIS TO KEEP HIMSELF OCCUPIED PENDING WHEN HELL GET A BETTER AND BEFITTING JOB. HELL MAKE MONEY, HELL GAIN EXPERIENCE AND HE WONT BE IDLE. ALREADY HE HAS SPENT A YEAR AT HOME ALREADY AND THE LONGER U STAY AT HOME, THE MORE EXPIRED ULL BE.

Yes, and u never said he should bone the job. But being called mumu for contemplating the offer by almost everyone on here is what got to me.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by pleiades45: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
this the restaurant

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by nextedge: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
I seldomly write here but I have to. I assume your question is genuine. I know of many bankers( you can call them casual staff if you like) who will jump at this offer like a monkey.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
franciskaine:
Bros this is Nigeria we are talking of ooo, a country where PhD holders are scrambling for dangote's truck driving position.

I didn't know it has gotten to this level o, so it's actually foolish for the guy to have thought twice about the offer?
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
bayulll01:

The hardship really affected you.
@Op please sit down at home and you will get the professional and self development you wish for,lazy mofo

Oh men....
Sorry Bro, am sure the OP is sorry too.
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Aude(f): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:

It's not like I don't believe in one gaining experience from underpaid jobs. Myself I did some volunteer stuffs during school days, like volunteered, no salary, only small perks. But see how everyone in here called the guy names for even daring to think twice about the job? Some even said he's a "mumu" for asking the question in the first place.

Now I understand your viewpoint. You should also understand that there are a lot of people looking for jobs and they can't understand that someone who has been looking for a job for at least a year is not grabbing an opportunity that has been offered to him. They don't have the luxury of choice so cannot understand the hesitation. I still think it is a good position and maybe the dilemma the OP is facing is "what will his friends say about this position?" I am sure when he gets his first paycheck and is able to get a gift for his mom he will forget about his misconceptions about the position.

1 Like

Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by bayulll01(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:

Oh men.... Sorry Bro, am sure the OP is sorry too.
Sorry for yourself lol
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by bayulll01(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2015
TroubadourM:

Oh men.... Sorry Bro, am sure the OP is sorry too.
Sorry for yourself lol
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by femynho(m): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
jonnayo:

You sure say u go school @all?
Re: As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above? by Karleb(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
zbone:

Restaurant wet fit pay 80k na company o
karleb how u dey now?

Zbone!!! shocked shocked shocked

I dey o. Longest time! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hiny Umoren: Two Suspects Arrested As Police Investigate Kidnap Case / Fidelity Bank Current Recruitment OND/NCE / Salary Wrongly Paid Into My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.