Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,137 members, 7,953,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (21271 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2015
My Sis,

You're are engaging no-gooders in discussion. Don't waste your time. I went to FGC briefly in 1989. Nobody was complaining then and nobody but people that can never make the cut in the first place.

shizzy7:
I've never heard about the school until I read about unity schools on this thread. ...
If this is how some people will be complaining about unfairness,,, they should just cancel it because they will become Disunity Schools..

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 10:42am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda:
Obviously you are an intelligent person making a rational argument but that is a lot more for those on the other end . Their thinking is one track :

IboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafraIboOjukwuAkpuBiafra

Any other information and all you will hear is ; This programme has performed an illegal operation and is about to shut down.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2015
mapet:
My Sis,

You're are engaging no-gooders in discussion. Don't waste your time. I went to FGC briefly in 1989. Nobody was complaining then and nobody but people that can never make the cut in the first place.

I have stopped arguing with him....I just wish I never engaged in the argument right from the beginning.....

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
shizzy7:
I have stopped arguing with him....I just wish I never engaged in the argument right from the beginning.....

Me too, it's quite disheartening to see stuffs like this in this modern age

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
gbemtrol:

Me too, it's quite disheartening to see stuffs like this in this modern age

https://www.nairaland.com/2649218/again-fulani-herdsmen-invade-falaes
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:

https://www.nairaland.com/2649218/again-fulani-herdsmen-invade-falaes

If I reply you with a reasonable piece of argument, you'd answer by talking about how supreme Igbo people are, you would also add that other tribes are terrible, then you will finish by insulting me.

Why should I engage you in any discussion?

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
gbemtrol:

If I reply you with a reasonable piece of argument, you'd answer by talking about how supreme Igbo people are, you would also add that other tribes are terrible, then you will finish by insulting me.

Why should I engage you in any discussion?

lionstone: Yeriba masturbating over biafra since 1970.

COWARDICE YORUBA'S AGAINST BIAFRA RESTORATION DUE TO A LOST QUEST FOR "ODUDUWA NATION": ... YORUBA of Oduduwa Nation renewed their Petition for referendum vote filed on February 8, 2011 with the
Secretary General of The United Nations, His Excellency BAN KI-MOON. But due to the COWARDICE, FRAUDERY, THIEVERY, LOOTING and BARBARIC LIFESTYLE OF THE YORUBAS, HAVE ENTRAPPED THEM IN THE CHAINS OF SLAVERY OF THE HAUSA/ FULANI (AREWA) PEOPLE OF THE CONTRAPTION CALLED NIGERIA.

The following are the statements of Yoruba's requesting for the Oduduwa Nation.
COMRADE ADIGUN wrote on Oduduwa Nation "I always feel ashamed for myself as a Yoruba. Some will ask me why and my answer will be how would a people asking for Regional Autonomy and fiscal federalism be saying that what every Federal Government of Nigeria has been stealing from the Niger-Delta people and the others belong to “us”.The oil&gas from the Niger-Delta do not belong to the Yoruba People, it belong to the people of the Niger-delta, while that of Ondo is the real of that of Yorubas. The ones in Imo, Anambra and Abia belong to the Igbo- Biafrans, while none belong to those who did not have. It is retrogressive for any Yoruba to accept the above dubious situations as pre-condition for them to continue to be Nigerians and be using similar ungodly claims to demand for good governance from a natural resources that is not natural
theirs. If Yoruba must be heroes, we must leave Nigeria as faster as possible and stop antagonizing others that also have indicated they also want to leave.
When we have our respective countries, we will value ourselves than when we are together, and we hate and are cheating each other". ODUDUWA-VOICE RADIO STATION; "...
Taking a strongly dive intellectually, into why the Biafrans has continue to be appreciated and supported by many strong state actors within
Africa and the world, in actualizing their long dreams of a separate sovereign independent state from Nigeria, is because, most successful Biafran-Americans, Britons, French, Germans, Japanese, Canadians, Chinese, Biafran resident in the State of Israel, and many more residing outside the failed Nigeria State, saw their freedom agenda beyond material and vain seeking ventures, which our own brand of their equivalents, are
known for. Then what is wrong with these Yoruba leaders, and their self-acclaimed love for Nigeria?Currently there is danger lurking around for the Yoruba Nation...
With this unsuccesful quest for Secession of the Yoruba people, in order to have an Oduduwa Nation, they have decided to sheepishly and cowardly become enslaved by Hausa/ Fulani, inorder to put a
stop to the Freedom quest of BIAFRA RESTORATION. YORUBAS YOU HAVE FAILED. COWARDS YOU
ARE. BIAFRA MUST BE RESTORED.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
@xtrorse

You're not making sense and your hatred for others will soon ruin you.

Yorubas are nothing, but the Ibos are everything good?
You should be happy, not crying.
I will not waste any more precious time with you.
Tell your stories to Nnamdi and the illiterate IPOB crew, not me.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
otr1:
@xtrorse

You're not making sense and your hatred for others will soon ruin you.

Yorubas are nothing, but the Ibos are everything good?
You should be happy, not crying.
I will not waste any more precious time with you.
Tell your stories to Nnamdi and the illiterate IPOB crew, not me.

otr1, the wicked seed of bitterness, hatred, treacheery, tribalism and nepotism your forebears planted in you have yielded bountiful harvest for your eventual doom and gloom.

You shall keep on whining, weeping and wailing in perpetuity on account of the unavoidable, impending doom at your doorstep at the mere mention of Biaf...

Pass this message to your disgruntled, ignorant, myopic, diabolic and lousy Yoruba folks in your juju-infested enclave:

mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority.

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria

backtosender:
[b]Its not our fault that God made us(IGBOS) special and different which makes nigeria to hate us,they plan to wipe us out but instead we are multiplying,they tried to make us poor but we becomes richer,stronger and more successful than our neighbours,yet we dont depend on the government to help us because we known that they did not wish us well,we make nigeria rich through the resources that come from our land without allowing us to enjoy from it,they use our oil to develop nigeria and refuse to develop our side which make to go out in search for greener pasture,but glory be to GOD who can not abandon the oppressed for he has made us stars shining all over the world whatever we touch turns to gold,they said we love money now money loves us and is locating us which makes nigeria angry and envious but in their heart they wish to be like us,they call us all manner of names to make us look bad in eyes of ppl but those who come near us knw that we are the best pple to associate with.God bless IGBOS And BIAFRANS[/b]
wisdomguy4u:
Africa and their poor mentality... Nigeria is not one and can never be one. It's a forced contraption made possible by the fire arm of a white man called lord lugard. The indigenous tribes in Nigeria never on their own accept to be one. Does who dream for unity in Nigeria , are only deceiving themselves. You can't use threats of war to force pple to be with you, it is slavery.

Nigeria is not one, and can't never be one. Below are words from our so called founding father:

“We do not want our Southern neighbours to interfere in our development. We have never associated ourselves with the activities of these
people. We do not know them, we do not
recognize them, and we share no responsibility in their actions. We shall demand our rights when the time is ripe. If the British quit Nigeria now at this
stage, the Northern people would continue their uninterrupted conquest to the sea”. - Sir Tafawa Balewa (1947)

“We the people of the North will continue our stated intention to conquer the South and to dip the Koran in the Atlantic ocean after the British leave our shores.” - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1957)

Nigeria is just a mere geographical contraption - Awolowo

“The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grandfather Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and the South as a conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us and never allow them to have control over their future”. - Sir Ahmadu Bello (1960)
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by MrALIVE: 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
StOla:
Each state is filling its guaranteed quota in a federal education scheme designed for unity. It is not an admission based on academic merit but on compulsory NATIONAL representation.

It is nobody's business what low score or high score you require to fill up your own state quota. The high score only suggest better literacy indices in the South as opposed to the North.
No state is cheating the other, neither will any state yield its quota to another state until there's no candidate from the original state to fill their rightful quota.

The high cut-off score in the South is what internal competition demands to fill up their quota, while the low cut-off score in the North is what the low literacy levels ensure would fill up their own quota also.

Anyone who has no space to fill in their state quota can always try the myriad of state owned public schools or private school.

Lastly, what has the released marks got to do with a specific targeting of Igbos? You guys should please shut the hell up.

Enough of this unnecessary misinformation.
God bless you! All these unnecessary foul cry should stop!

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
shizzy7:
MrALIVE:
God bless you! All these unnecessary foul cry should stop!

Yoruba May Pull Out Of Nigerian Union, Gen Adebayo,others Speak At Ibadan Summit

IROHINOodua:

By Tunde Akinsola, Ibadan
Some leaders today in Ibadan warned that the Yoruba will reconsider her membership of the Nigerian federation if the cultural and political marginalization continues unabated. The summit is not impressed by the slogan of renaissance renting the air, saying that the country has merely slid into the firm grip of another self-serving ethnic cabal intent on pinning the country down in her historic state of control my vested interests.
Presided over by former Governor of the Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo the summit warn that the Yoruba will no longer tolerate the sustenance of the country’s garrison structure which they claim undermine self actualization of the people of the South West.
Irohinodua correspondent reports that the summit said failure to restructure Nigeria using the 2014 confab report might force the Yoruba people to review her place in a political arrangement that cannot guarantee the protection of her citizens. Factional leaders of the Oodua Peoples Congress, (OPC), Dr Fredrick Faseun and Otunba Gani Adams were unanimous in saying that the time to “leave Nigeria” and assert the sovereignty of the Yoruba people is now.
The summit strongly condemned what it described as the “invasion and killing of people in Yoruba territories” by the Fulani herdsmen. The summit held in the House of Chiefs Section of the Parliament Building of the Oyo State Secretariat with the theme “National Insecurity and the Menace of Fulani Herdsmen in Yorubaland.” The participants also decried the continued oppression of the Yoruba in their homeland by armed Fulani herdsmen.
The summit cite incessant cases of rape, destruction of economic plants that form the bedrock of the livelihood of locals, the armed violence unleashed by the nomads coupled with the consequent cultural disequilibrium the displacement of people from crisis-ridden Northern Nigeria have brought to communities in Yorubaland adding that subsequent governments in Nigeria have come into power waving slogans that end up leaving the country worse than they met it.
They demanded an immediate end to lawless nomadic activities in the South West warning that any community who cannot establish ranches for their flock should retreat from Yoruba territories. “The Yoruba people are no longer ready to tolerate mindless encroachment on their means of livelihood by any ungrateful tenants”, the gathering stated as part of its resolutions. The summit appear to be a mixture of Yoruba nationalists who have remained steadfast for ages and a sizeable flavour of people who worked for the ousted former President Goodluck Jonathan, leaving the possible impression that the summit has an iota of the usual sharp ideological and sometimes raucous divisions that have characterized Yoruba internal politics since independence.
Some observers think the Yoruba supporters of the ousted President Jonathan are anxious to seek relevance in a new environment that appears to have pushed them into the back bench of anomie. But the Afenifere spokesperson, Mr Yinka Odumakin said his group will always defend the objective interests of the Yoruba people. An official of the Oodua Liberation Movement, (OLM) Mr Popoola Ajayi said though the supporters of the ousted President Jonathan were prominent at the summit, the “reality is that many Yoruba people are disillusioned about the state of affairs in Nigeria and patience is running out.” He said after working for the emergence of President Mohammadu Buhari, the Yoruba people are “desperate to know if the alignment with the Fulani would lead to the restructuring of Nigeria and create political and economic freedom for the Yoruba” adding that the recent appointments by the President undermines the regime’s integrity.
He said “we the Yoruba people want to control our economy, security and natural resources including the sea ports.”
At the event were prominent Yoruba sons and daughters from the academia, politics and the Diaspora. The sponsors of the summit were Yoruba Council of Elders, (YCE), Oodua Foundation, Afenifere and the Yoruba Unity Forum, (YUF). Some of the participants included the Oyo State Deputy Governor, Otunba Moses Alake Adeyemo, who represented the State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi; Sola Ebiseni, who represented the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Mimiko, Pa Olanihun Ajayi, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, Pa Supo Sonibare, Prof Banji Akintoye, Prof Toun Ogunseye, the first woman Professor in Nigeria. Others were Dr Fredrick Faseun, Otunba Gani Adams, Dr Kunle Olajide, Chief Shuaib Oyedokun and the former Military governor of Lagos State, Brig-Gen Raji Rasaki among many others. The Afenifere Renewal Group, (ARG) and many other Pan-Yoruba groups were however absent at the summit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Abuja Court Orders Defence Lawyer To Explain Melaye’s Absence / 'If You Can't Impregnate Your Wife, It's Buhari': See 2 Men Fight Over PMB / Governor Emeka Ihedioha Reduces Ministries From 31 To 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.