Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (20832 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by obailala(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2015
melzabull:
Honestly this is what irks me so much about that guy obailala. He is igbo but 99% of his comments are anti-igbo, even when obvious Inustice is being done. I have never seen this sort of self-hate In my life

@bolded, he is rather the not very smart and foolish ones too who will rather join other tribes to insult Igbos. I have told him before that he is making so much effort at being more Nigerian than the N in naira, whereas this is the same annoying guy that has never challenged any anti-igbo or pro-yoruba comment despite all the tribal slurs against Igbo on this forum.

He and Joe Igbokwe are on same pedestal, fools that you all never see defend their tribe even in the face of obvious persecution but will rather join others to disparage Igbos.

#spits
My dear, listen and listen very well, there is a reason why you will not find me losing my cool because of tribal slurs against Igbo (especially in the nairaland's silly Igbo vs Yoruba war). I know who I am (great man), I know what I am (great man), I know what I am made of (greatness) and I know where I am going to (the top). Some anonymous iidiot out there making a tribal slur against my tribe does not in any way change my status or the greatness of my people. Therefore, you will not find me dignifying such lowlifes with a response (I will not be any different from them if I do). Someone has to be the bigger man and I find it rather childish jumping in to defend every distasteful slur I come across online, I am not a woman and neither am I a child. Besides, the only reason they keep coming back with the tribal slurs is because people like you keep responding to the morons, thereby prolonging a needless and unproductive tribal war.

Regarding my perceived anti-Igbo stance, you need to understand that I am anti-GEJ, so it doesn't come to me as a surprise that you perceive most of my comments as anti-Igbo; that is quite understandable. However, I would make it clear here, I am not anti-Igbo; rather, I am against some myopic-Igbos and I am also against Igbo supremacists (just like this thread stinks of).

3 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

The only thing you'd achieve with that is empty classrooms! They would have the perfect excuse not to go to school and one fanatic in one corner would start telling them nonsense and the next thing is that they will wear a suicide bomb vest and blow you up!
I couldn't have said it any better,,
even with free education, they are not going NOT to now talk of high cut off marks,,they'll just sit at their various homes and continue living their type of life they're used to..

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

The only thing you'd achieve with that is empty classrooms! They would have the perfect excuse not to go to school and one fanatic in one corner would start telling them nonsense and the next thing is that they will wear a suicide bomb vest and blow you up!
I couldn't have said it any better,,
even with free education, they are not going NOT to now talk of high cut off marks,,they'll just sit in their various homes and continue living the type of life they're used to..
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by wirinet(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

My brother thank you for this your contribution, it shows we still have intelligent and dispassionate Nigerians and not ethnic bigots blinded by tribal hatred and a false sense of superiority.

Let me make it loud and clear:- It is our obligation to make sure northern Nigeria and the rest of Nigeria and attains a minimum level of literacy. If we don't we (i mean all of us )will suffer the consequences for decades to come. High level of illiteracy leads to radicalism and subsequently instability. Even if Nigeria divides into 6 separate countries an unstable north east would have dire consequences for the rest and the whole sub-region. An unstable Somalia is having serious consequence on Kenya.

The State Government's should make primary and secondary education free or at least subsidized, instead of all the useless white elephant projects they embark on in order to embezzle money.

4 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
I asked what is this THREAD talking about.
NOT what is this SECTION of NL talking about
so I didn't miss my way..

@ the bolded why does the topic read "Injustice Against Igbos" when Yoruba and SS states are equally as High as those of the Igbos..~~ 'cos you're talking about me using sectional and tribalism against Igbo when the topic itself begats Sectionalism &tribalism...

The Cutoff marks was not chosen by an individual BUT by a committee in which I think every tribe will have a representative and Come to a consensus....Even the northern states are not equal so different issues/factors must have been put into Consideration..since some northern states are improving.....

Kaduna is 52, Sokoto is 15,,, they are from the same north but they are no longer on the same level even though kaduna is not as high as those of the South but they've improved and will soon compete with others

NB: This is not about adults-tribes-politics BUT about Children and their mentality,their upbringing,, the social vices and norms they're used to,,the society and beliefs in which they're embedded in

@sentence in italitcs,, go back and read your other post and be truthful to yourself... its not like it matters..

Your antics so far have been utterly diversionary. I doubt if any reasonable Igbo person's argument thus far is premised on the implementation of the Unity Schools admission policy.

The bone of contention is why people like you are so fixated in giving priority to Quota System in merit-related issues than in political appointments. Examine my write-ups and you will find my line of argument.

Let me still ask you these questions:

Were you bothered at all that the SE was left out in the 40 important political appointments made so far by the PMB administration?

Are you waiting for the compulsory ministerial appointments to take a stand?

Do you bother to consider the plight of children from poor homes who had up to 60 score and are being denied admission courtesy of the priority you place on Quota System implementation on Unity Schools?

You cannot continue to perpetually rob Peter to pay parasitic Paul!

It's a matter of time...
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

I won't care about the bombing, I will do the right job by encouraging dem to compete. It's the inly way.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by melzabull(f): 10:53am On Oct 06, 2015
obailala:

My dear, listen and listen very well, there is a reason why you will not find me losing my cool because of tribal slurs against Igbo (especially in the nairaland's silly Igbo vs Yoruba war). I know who I am (great man), I know what I am (great man), I know what I am made of (greatness) and I know where I am going to (the top). Some anonymous iidiot out there making a tribal slur against my tribe does not in any way change my status or the greatness of my people. Therefore, you will not find me dignifying such lowlifes with a response (I will not be any different from them if I do). Someone has to be the bigger man and I find it rather childish jumping in to defend every distasteful slur I come across online, I am not a woman and neither am I a child. Besides, the only reason they keep coming back with the tribal slurs is because people like you keep responding to the morons, thereby prolonging a needless and unproductive tribal war.

Regarding my perceived anti-Igbo stance, you need to understand that I am anti-GEJ, so it doesn't come to me as a surprise that you perceive most of my comments as anti-Igbo; that is quite understandable. However, I would make it clear here, I am not anti-Igbo; rather, I am against some myopic-Igbos and I am also against Igbo supremacists (just like this thread stinks of).
In a nutshell, when your tribe is being slandered and rubbished with lies, falsehoods, half-truths, propaganda, etc you don't defend rather you watch on or better still cheer them up? waow!

last bolded, you are against myopic Igbos and supremacists but you adore myopic yoruba and supremacists. You are quick to jump on any Igbo thread and shout 'Igbo supremacist' but I have never seen you on any yoruba supremacist thread challenging them like you are doing now, how else can self-hate be defined? and you wonder why people doubt your Igboness?

Since you feel its 'childish' why don't you completely stay away from every of such thread Including this?

That you are pro-apc does that mean you loose every sense of reasoning or ethnic belonging??

OK, kontinuu

4 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Am only here to learn not haulin insult on ppl. Your type keeps on typing without learning anything. That dude you quoted was making some valid points and i learnt from him. People like you only insult, nobody learns from you.

Low cut off means they are not faring well? You demonstrate a limited capacity for logic or critical reasoning. You do not ask questions because ,simply, you cannot. It may well be that low cut off reflects poor academic performance but it may reflect other things . e.g that Some prts of the North are not interested in Unity Schools at all.
Also you make a sweeping generalization about the"North" while indeed there are huge variations across the north.

Take the legal profession for example. How many states have more lawyers or judges than Kwara? Is it quotas that ensure that we have not had a Chief Judge from the South in a long time? When we receive data we must be sure we have all relevant information before projecting our preconceived prejudices. There are no miracle exam centres in the North like e know there are in Anambra state and they tend not to cheat in common entrance like they do in the south.We know of states where teachers write entrance exams.
The issue to me seems to me cultural and more specifically linguistic. In Nigeria we are constrained to educate ourselves in English ,everything else seems impossible and to suggest a primary school curriculum in Igbo or Hausa etc seems sacrilegious. That is exactly what we need to offer. Those who want it can subscribe and those who don't can opt for English tuition. This change has worked a treat in India and Maori.
We in the south do not realize what we are losing in blindly embracing English as our FIRST language.
Take any typical child from southern Nigeria and tell him to sing a song or tell you a story in his language and he cannot.

The main problem in many parts of Northern Nigeria is not that they are stupid but English. We need to think out of the box to get around this.We in the south feel superior because we are more anglicized. That is a huge error ,we are victims of anglicization because our languages are dying before our eyes.
I am sure it will be possible to translate Calculus into Nigerian languages

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

I won't care about the bombing, I will do the right job by encouraging dem to compete. It's the inly way.

The thought that one group of persons can exist in isolation or without impact from another group is lopsided and like @Wirinet said above, even if the country splits whatever they do will still affect you.
Thinking of this properly, what we're talking about is just 104 schools and some people think the cut off marks is just to prevent Igbo people from going to school.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by TruthisGOD: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2015
omonnakoda:

Low cut off means they are not faring well? You demonstrate a limited capacity for logic or critical reasoning. You do not ask questions because ,simply, you cannot. It may well be that low cut off reflects poor academic performance but it may reflect other things . e.g that Some prts of the North are not interested in Unity Schools at all.
Also you make a sweeping generalization about the"North" while indeed there are huge variations across the north.

Take the legal profession for example. How many states have more lawyers or judges than Kwara? Is it quotas that ensure that we have not had a Chief Judge from the South in a long time? When we receive data we must be sure we have all relevant information before projecting our preconceived prejudices. There are no miracle exam centres in the North like e know there are in Anambra state and they tend not to cheat in common entrance like they do in the south.We know of states where teachers write entrance exams.
The issue to me seems to me cultural and more specifically linguistic. In Nigeria we are constrained to educate ourselves in English ,everything else seems impossible and to suggest a primary school curriculum in Igbo or Hausa etc seems sacrilegious. That is exactly what we need to offer. Those who want it can subscribe and those who don't can opt for English tuition. This change has worked a treat in India and Maori.
We in the south do not realize what we are losing in blindly embracing English as our FIRST language.
Take any typical child from southern Nigeria and tell him to sing a song or tell you a story in his language and he cannot.

The main problem in many parts of Northern Nigeria is not that they are stupid but English. We need to think out of the box to get around this.We in the south feel superior because we are more anglicized. That is a huge error ,we are victims of anglicization because our languages are dying before our eyes.
I am sure it will be possible to translate Calculus into Nigerian languages
you would ve added this without bein insulting. That dude started without being insulting. Thats shows a level of maturity. U don't intentonaly spill an oil and start cleaning it.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by mapet: 11:12am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Am only here to learn not haulin insult on ppl. Your type keeps on typing without learning anything. That dude you quoted was making some valid points and i learnt from him. People like you only insult, nobody learns from you.

Then buzz off before I swat you with my wallet
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by GentleToks(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Hold it there! Enough of your diatribe and false accusation!

Since the sojourn of this country which tribes have continually displayed sectionalism and tribalism in national affairs?

Which tribes have used every available media outfit at their disposal to malign and paint other people black just to get undue political advantages?

Over the course of Nigeria's political life whose leaders and elites have used the media to fabricate and spread lies, falsehood and propaganda, which have fuelled the heating up of the polity?

Is it fair to place Quota System as priority in merit-related issues than in political appointments?

Is it fair that SW personalities were amongst the 40 important political appointments made so far by the PMB administration without any consideration for the SE?

Is it fair that when it comes to revenue sharing you remind me that it shall be based on the number of the disproportionately acquired, numerous LGAs, which in your sparsely populated parasitic State is 10 times bigger in land mass than my densely populated State?

Do well to provide the necessary answers to see if your last statement holds any water and for a robust discourse.

I tried not to get myself involved in all this Igbo chest beating noise but with this your harangue against Yoruba Nation, it ll be unfair at my own part to walk away without putting you to d pit of hell where you naturally and permanently belong like your failed progenitors.

I ll advise you to stop reading self-glorified history books written by your forefathers who had all failed in their race against patriotic Nigerians of their time.

Here is a Nigeria history and this is what the whole world knows except Igbos.

Nigeria got independence in 1960.

We have regional system of government in place with each region controlling their resources.

Stooge/slave in the South: Igbos in their desperate pursuit of power actually dashed the hope of all the Southerners by pitching their tent with their Hausas/Fulani masters and this was what brought Nnamdi Azikiwe to power as ceremonial president in the first Republic.

Greediness in Igbos' DNA: Igbos decided to carry out a coup against the rest of the country by killing all the leaders from other regions and left their own active politicians who formed the same corrupt government of the day untouched. What an audacity!!!! In an advanced country, Igbos would have been wiped off from the surface of earth.

As if that was not enough, Igbos through their son who was more of senate president then gave power to Aguiyi Ironsi when the nation couldn't find Tafawa Balewa.

What did your Igbo brother dis after becoming a president, he singlehandedly in conspiracy with his fellow Igbos forced Unitary system of govt on us despite all pleas from the same North and West and here you are today reaping from the wickedness of your visionless forefathers.

As if that wasn't enough, you attacked Nigeria police in your Region while trying to declare your Biafra as an independent nation and Nigeria responded accordingly.

After this war, who formed another government with their usual masters again, Igbos of course. It was this alliance that brought Alex Ekwueme to power.

Igbos were fully represented in all these past government from independence till date while Yorubas have always play opposition.

Did you create a thread in the last administration to shout and complain about the marginalisation of others while Igbos filled up everywhere in that government

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
you would ve added this without bein insulting. That dude started without being insulting. Thats shows a level of maturity. U don't intentonaly spill an oil and start cleaning it.
Insulting? YOU are an eediott!!

Fucck off!! Dirt Faggott

Now that is an insult.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by TruthisGOD: 11:21am On Oct 06, 2015
TruthisGOD:
So Anambra r fairin with miracle centres? Have u heard of PRESSID? do know that in overseas universities dis same state u accussed of special centres r doing far better than their counterparts? Pls get ur facts well b4 commentin

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2015
obailala:

They were very happy at their perception that the Yorubas were being "dealt with"
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
This is a thread from 2011
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:

The thought that one group of persons can exist in isolation or without impact from another group is lopsided and like @Wirinet said above, even if the country splits whatever they do will still affect you.
Thinking of this properly, what we're talking about is just 104 schools and some people think the cut off marks is just to prevent Igbo people from going to school.

The cut off Mark's is preventing qualified igbos from attending unity schools . It's best we split, let everyone keep developing on their own pace.

2 Likes

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by cheruv: 11:53am On Oct 06, 2015
GentleToks:

Igbos are freaking worthless and useless for God sake.... Jeez!!!! I initially thought it was only Igbos that need to score 60 and above before being offered admission but i realised that SW-Yorubas are equally required to score the same 60 and above.

And Yorubas are not wailing cos they are too intelligent to notice who is scoring less than 60.....

Chest-beaters.

Go to their universities in the East and see advanced secondary schools with typical igbo students all over the place, speaking English Language like Igbo language.

If you want to die before your time, attend their church services on Sunday in the East and see their so called graduates giving testimonies in church with Igbotic English language
Before would we speak it like Queen Elizabeth
Plans are even in place to completely phase out English language from Igboland...at least by 2061,English wouldn't be spoken anywhere in the seven states of Igboland
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by obailala(m): 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
melzabull:
In a nutshell, when your tribe is being slandered and rubbished with lies, falsehoods, half-truths, propaganda, etc you don't defend rather you watch on or better still cheer them up? waow!

last bolded, you are against myopic Igbos and supremacists but you adore myopic yoruba and supremacists. You are quick to jump on any Igbo thread and shout 'Igbo supremacist' but I have never seen you on any yoruba supremacist thread challenging them like you are doing now, how else can self-hate be defined? and you wonder why people doubt your Igboness?

Since you feel its 'childish' why don't you completely stay away from every of such thread Including this?

That you are pro-apc does that mean you loose every sense of reasoning or ethnic belonging??

OK, kontinuu
My stance is very simple, I would not be found joining issues with the yorubas you talk about involved in these tribal fights (else I would be guilty of the very thing I preach against). I will only caution my own people not to join them in swimming in the filthy waters. I believe there are matured yorubas who should caution their own people.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by meforyou1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Go and change the laws that established the unity schools and stop making noise where it is of no relevance. It is not a school of merit or for the gifted. It is a unity school for National Integration.

If you are not interested, get your kids into private schools where you may actually get admission by academic merit, but you would also pay the true worth of the education received, unlike the subsidized unity school.

Why must you always covet what does not belong to you?
You have your quota, they have theirs, is that too difficult for a greedy soul to deal with?

I have no time for tribal arguments on a Monday.

Do you ever give yourself any rest from tribal agitations?
why are talking like the aboki that you are? the cut off should be placed at 50 nationwide, and whoever doesnt pass should go and attend almajiri school
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Genius100: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
Why is Ebonyi not on the list?
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by GentleToks(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
cheruv:

Before would we speak it like Queen Elizabeth
Plans are even in place to completely phase out English language from Igboland...at least by 2061,English wouldn't be spoken anywhere in the seven states of Igboland

Seven states u said....Lmao
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by cheruv: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2015
GentleToks:

Seven states u said....Lmao

Abia
Anambra
Anioma
Ebonyi
Enugwu
Imo
Rivers*

Rivers is present kos even though its a mixed state,>60% of its indigenes speak Igbo or creolized Igbo

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

If low cut off wasn't there, the north will fair better educationally

No actually, they would all drop out in primary school, not being able to proceed to secondary school.
they need the low cut off to at least get a shot at secondary school education.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Truckpusher(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
cheruv:

Abia
Anambra
Anioma
Ebonyi
Enugwu
Imo
Rivers*

Rivers is present kos even though its a mixed state,>60% of its indigenes speak Igbo or creolized Igbo
The highlighted is quite offensive my friend.

That's another language entirely and can't be classified as creol version of Igbo under any circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by disumusa: 1:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
warrior01:

Can you imagine; in this time and age someone from sokoto needs only 7 to get admission over a person from Anambra that scored 65 and some morons sees nothing wrong with it
coward ibo, is these no enough to start that biafra war.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by cheruv: 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted is quite offensive my friend.

That's another language entirely and can't be classified as creol version of Igbo under any circumstances.
I know you're not Igbo..so there's no need bothering since your lingo isn't Igbo.
Pijin English is still English,the fact its a creolized form of English doesn't take away the fact that its still English cool
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by GentleToks(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2015
cheruv:

Abia
Anambra
Anioma
Ebonyi
Enugwu
Imo
Rivers*

It's an insult on the people of River state by claiming what is theirs.

This is what led to your downfall in the last civil war.

It's like Yorubas claiming Kogi, Edo, Delta and Kwara states.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2015
GentleToks:

I tried not to get myself involved in all this Igbo chest beating noise but with this your harangue against Yoruba Nation, it ll be unfair at my own part to walk away without putting you to d pit of hell where you naturally and permanently belong like your failed progenitors.

I ll advise you to stop reading self-glorified history books written by your forefathers who had all failed in their race against patriotic Nigerians of their time.

Here is a Nigeria history and this is what the whole world knows except Igbos.

Nigeria got independence in 1960.

We have regional system of government in place with each region controlling their resources.

Stooge/slave in the South: Igbos in their desperate pursuit of power actually dashed the hope of all the Southerners by pitching their tent with their Hausas/Fulani masters and this was what brought Nnamdi Azikiwe to power as ceremonial president in the first Republic.

Greediness in Igbos' DNA: Igbos decided to carry out a coup against the rest of the country by killing all the leaders from other regions and left their own active politicians who formed the same corrupt government of the day untouched. What an audacity!!!! In an advanced country, Igbos would have been wiped off from the surface of earth.

As if that was not enough, Igbos through their son who was more of senate president then gave power to Aguiyi Ironsi when the nation couldn't find Tafawa Balewa.

What did your Igbo brother dis after becoming a president, he singlehandedly in conspiracy with his fellow Igbos forced Unitary system of govt on us despite all pleas from the same North and West and here you are today reaping from the wickedness of your visionless forefathers.

As if that wasn't enough, you attacked Nigeria police in your Region while trying to declare your Biafra as an independent nation and Nigeria responded accordingly.

After this war, who formed another government with their usual masters again, Igbos of course. It was this alliance that brought Alex Ekwueme to power.

Igbos were fully represented in all these past government from independence till date while Yorubas have always play opposition.

Did you create a thread in the last administration to shout and complain about the marginalisation of others while Igbos filled up everywhere in that government

I shall do well to place you and your tribalistic Yoruba folks where you duly belong - the pit of hell!
Have you bothered to enquire how your greedy bigotic leaders ended their lives on earth? I shall oblige you with the rare information since you and disgruntled folks dwell and feast on refuse garbage as reliable information. Little wonder Yorubas keep on making careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

Zik's NCNC party won the election in Lagos/SW but Awolowo used ethnic sentiments to usurp Zik's position.
Many NCNC members of Yoruba extraction cross-carpeted to AG and the rest is history. 
The era marked the beginning of Tribalism in Politics and it still persists, with Yorubas and Northerners voting along tribal lines for decades now.

To form a unity government after Awo's robbery Zik and his NCNC party preferred a coalition with the North to give them a sense of belonging.

Aguiyi Ironsi used a quasi-unitary system of government to save the country from the looming anarchy after the January 15, 1966 coup. It was meant to be temporal and Aguiyi Ironsi or his people never gained any undue advantage over other ethnic.

AGUIYI IRONSI DID NOT DISSOLVE THE REGIONAL GOVERNMENTS OR RESOURCE CONTROL; GOWON WITH THE COLLUSION OF AWOLOWO DID!

In 1972 Gowon and Awolowo proceeded to enact and enforce the Indigenization decree which led to the collapse of the Nigerian economy.
To add insult to the festering injury Olusegun Obasanjo promulgated the Land Use Decree (now Land Use Act) in 29th of March, 1978.

By the provision of the Land Use Decree of 1978, the inhabitants of the oil producing communities were turned into squatters in their own ancestral homes, as land where oil is explored, produced, transported and stored were decreed to belong to the state long after political independence in 1960. The existence and application of the Land Use Act of 1978 contributed to the present state of neglect, under-development and the insecurity of the region.

And for the past 45 years, what have subsequent governments done to repeal the evil laws and entrench true practice of federal system of government? Absolutely nothing! And the so called loud-mouthed Yorubbish tribe that termed themselves as 'sophisticated' were in power for over 11 years and would rather sit on the fence than have the evil polities eliminated!

From 1967 to 1970, the Great Igbo Nation did what Yorobbers will never do till the end of their existence...they fought a civil war to defend their lives! 

Aguiyi Ironsi was killed in the counter coup of July 1966. Also killed was Fajuyi Adekunle, a Yoruba soldier, yet the cowardly tribe couldn't raise make a noise as usual instead colluded with the enemy to almost wipe out the Igbo civilians.

Before the civil war the criminal gang had killed 185 Igbo army officers in the Nigerian Army.

Due to envy and great animosity against the industrious Igbos and their unrivaled success in every aspect of life the Yorubas joined hands with Hausa-Fulani to execute genocide on Igbo civilians
The pogrom lasted for 10 months and the war about 3 years but Igbos survived and waxed stronger. Igbos fought and died with honour! If push comes to sholve Igbos are not afraid to defend themselves once again!

But not so with the cowardly tribe. Yorubas have never declared independence in their lifetime. Even their dead spirits cannot declare the much needed freedom for their people

Igbos defended themselves against world powers-backed Nigeria and the war lasted about three years but when the big mouthed Yorubbish tribe tried their gra-gra in 1993, it did not even last two days.

Yorobbers started trouble they could not finish in 1993 using 'June 12' with their Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers in mind and were expecting Igbos to fight their wars; Ralph Obioha and Bobo Nwosisi were the only people around their AareOnaKakanfo MKO Abiola when he declared himself president-elect. The arrogant and cowardly Yorubbish tribe couldn't even protect him from being whisked away like a common thief. He was eventually slaughtered like a salah ram.

Over the decades Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis have proven to have voted along tribal lines. But not so with the Igbos; at those times Igbos built ties, formed alliances and voted for Northerners (Shagari, Yaradua), Yorubas (Abiola, Obj 2x) and Ijaw (GEJ) to enable them get the presidency even at the expense of Igbo men. That's an indisputable fact! 

Yorubas had the presidency for over 11years with Obj ruling in the democratic dispensation 1999 to 2007 (8 years without breakage)

Over the course of their existence Yorubas have created a bizarre culture of breeding touts and political thugs to heat up the polity and disturb the peace of lawful citizens.

Yorubas are seen to display animosity and envy towards some other tribe who out-compete and do better than them in Lagos and its environs. 

The Yoruba tribe have proven to be selfish, treacheerous, tribalistic, greedy and wicked, such that they rarely appreciate the good in other people.

The calibre of leaders Yorrobers have presented to Nigerians are simply bunch of international drug peddlers, squandermanias and treasury looters - barAwo, MKO AbiOLE, Grand Commander of Frustrated Robbers OLEsegun Obj, thief-nubu, Fashole, ShOLEkan, Bode ROGUE, BankOLE, AkingbOLE, JI-moh Ibhm.

Yorrobers and their cohorts ruined this country with their crass looting of the treasury and yet they would shamelessly point accusing fingers on the Igbos who have been far from political power.

https://www.nairaland.com/2486278/olaoluwa-ibrahim-jailed-london-rape

https://www.nairaland.com/2499588/jimoh-ibrahim-plans-assassinate-me

https://www.nairaland.com/2510394/fasholas-n78-m-scandal-trending

http://saharareporters.com/2010/05/18/obasanjo-shared-74million-halliburton-bribe-okiro-panel-says-%E2%80%A2-obj-also-pocketed-another

Over the years, Yorubas in connivance with their Hausa-Fulani slave masters have been plundering Eastern resources, looting everywhere and polluting the land.

In January 15, 1966 coup, soldiers from every region of the federation (Nzeogwu - Mid-West; Ifeajuna -East; Ademoyega - West; Kpera -North) had staged a coup in which soldiers and politicians from every region of the federation (Akintola: West, Balewa: North, Unegbe: East, Okotie-Eboh: Mid-West) were killed. Their ultimate aim was to install and make Chief Obafemi Awolowo the ruler of the country and quell the 'Operation Wetie' that was ravaging SW region where Lagos, the seat of power, was situated.

Unegbu was the GOC of one of the major army barracks. He was Igbo, and he was also the guy who almost frustrated the first coup of 1966 by refusing to release weapons. For his refusal, the Nzeogwu group killed him.

Remember, soon after Nigeria got independence the Western region was in turmoil, codenamed “wild wild west” characterised by election rigging, thuggery, violence, arson, mass murders and other forms of corruption and acts of lawlessness, that occasioned the January 1966 coup, took place as pioneering acts in Nigeria.

"Operation Wetie" in Yoruba means wet a human being and his/her properties with petrol and set them ablaze.

Remember, prior to the first coup, by 1963, the plot between Akintola, Tafawa Balewa and Ahmadu Bello was perfected and Chief Obafemi Awolowo was arrested for coup plotting/ treason. His trial commenced in earnest and he was alongside some accomplices convicted for treason and jailed for 10 years. This again was the first alleged coup plotting and conviction in Nigerian history. Intent on totally decimating Chief Awolowo, Ladoke Akintola together with vice premier Remi Fani Kayode went into a political alliance with Prime minister Tafawa Balewa and new political party known as the Nigerian National Alliance (NNA) was formed.  By this time Dr Nnamidi Azikiwe had realised the folly of entering a coalition with Tafawa Balewa’s government   and teamed up with incarcerated Chief Awolowo’s Action group to form the all progressive grand alliance (UPGA).  

When Northern soldiers staged a revenge coup in July 1966, soldiers from one region of the federation and their people (North: Danjuma, Murtala, Martin Adamu etc) singled out soldiers and civillians from one region (East) in the federation as their targets. 

Here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 15, 1966 coup
:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

For personal studies consult the following sources: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

* https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain.

Read the message Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, has for liars and history distortionists like you:
YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA - By Sanusi Lamido 
"In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude.
   * The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
    * Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
    * The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.
My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)...
Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

[b]Before the 1967-70 civil war, an average Yoruba man did not measure up to the ever industrious Igboman. Even in the South-West Igbos were in the lead. Igbos were the first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, the first VC of the University of Lagos and the first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology in the South-West; the police was run by an Igbo IG; the military as a professional institution was run by brilliant Igbos; the first president of Nigeria and the first military ruler of Nigeria.

Nigeria economy assumed a downward trend when Yorrobers and their cohorts acquired all Nigerian companies by virtue of the indigenization decree of 1972. But they could not manage the companies instead they ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the companies - that was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! The swindlers indeed bastardized the Nigerian economy. 
And to divert attention from their ineptitude and crass looting of the treasury they would use illogical reasoning to attempt to bamboozle other people while pointing accusing fingers elsewhere!

After more than 40 years, despite the stolen wealth, the respective regions of the criminal gang cannot be said to be transformed and be one of the enviest in the world. None of their cities could be likened to, say the least, Johannesburg![/b]

With all the disadvantages Igbos faced and still face they rose from grass to grace and you are not even ashamed to compare them with treasury looters. 

Just before 2015 gubernatorial election in Lagos, suspecting that the outcome of the election will not be in their favour, Oba Rilwane Akiolu woke up one fateful day and threatened to drown Igbos in the Lagos lagoon if they fail to vote for his anointed gubernatorial candidate. And many fellows like this Op supported the Oba. As if the threat was not enough, a Yoruba medical doctor in the US, Dr Ariyo, called for the extermination of the Igbos.

Like the chameleon, the Yorubas can change the colour of their skin at will and can vacillate at random between Christian and Muslim worlds whenever the evil spirit begins to operate them. Little wonder they are descendants of a fallen demon!
The vacillation is akin to the abracadabra of a sworn homosexual who might screw a man today, a woman tomorrow, or an animal the next time. You never can tell.

The level of Yoruba treacheery and betrayal is second to none.

Finding a reliable and trustworthy Yoruba person is like searching for a pin in a haystack. Yorrobers who possess these good characters are rare.

[b]During the 1967-70 civil war, the Yoruba braggart, Benjamin Adekunle a.k.a the Black Scorpion mocked the pope, Red Cross, caritas, world council of churches, UN etc, and boasted of his killing spree on the Igbo civilians.
And how did his life end on earth?

He died a miserable contractor, he was literary begging for contracts just to feed.
This is a man that ranked higher than IBB, Danjuma, Obasanjo in his hay days in the military. 
The Hausa-Fulanis used him to prosecute the unholy war on Igbos, and they dumped him after mission accomplished. 

The bloody general was stripped off his military title; he was discharged dishonourably without his benefits, till he died he never received a single pension from the Nigerian State. 
The Black Scorpion ate his own excrement, begging Igbos to pay his medical bill to ease his pains until he chose death in 2014.
What a miserable life!

But before his death Adekunle apologised to the Biafrans for his atrocities. And he owned up by revealing the fact that Yorubas and their Northern co-travellers declared war on Biafra because of crude oil in the Eastern region and not for unity of the country!
[/b]
Karma comes after everyone eventually...It's a matter of time!
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Deluded disciple of anger, slavery, hate and propaganda from a juju-infested Yoruba enclave, you must be relentlessly sniffing your own fart thinking you can get high to withstand the Igbos.

Note that Abacha, Obj, IBB, MKO Abiola, Danjuma, Abdulsalam, Tinubu, etc. who wrecked this country and brought her to the present miserable state are not Igbos. Greed and Wickedness#

How dare you insinuate that Igbos are greedy?

Recall how Northerners in collusion with Yorubas robbed Nigeria blind using the Indigenization decree in 1972, and proceeded to plunder the crude oil resource and owning virtually all the oil blocks. Greed and Wickedness#

Since then the North and their Southern stooges have been sucking Niger-delta crude oil and degrading the environment for decades. Greed and Wickedness#

The reckless inflating and selling of lands in Abuja and Lagos at exorbitant prices ranging from hundreds of millions to billions of Naira per plot is mostly being perpetrated by non-Igbos. Greed#

It's is hypocrites like you that would sell plots of land in Lagos to Igbos at a rate of over N300 million per plot and yet you wouldn't want Igbos to exercise their rights as landlords. Greed#

And yet bigotic beings like you cannot cough out just N20 million to buy a plot of land in choice areas of Enugu, Owerri, Awka, Nnewi, Orlu, Afigbo or Aba in SE as if you don't see such sales advert in the media. Greed#

Igbos have helped in building Lagos and Abuja amongst other states, and you dare insinuate that they are greedy and selfish. Wickedness#

If Igbos are the problem with Nigeria why would mischievous hypocrites like you become embittered and rattled that Igbos seek self-determination. Wickedness#

If you and your lots are not the arrogant, selfish and greedy parasites why do you always weep and wail at the mention of Biafra as if your life sustenance is being is taken away

Bunch of bile-filled, greedy, treacheerous, tribalistic, diabolic, lousy and hypocritical parasites!

Your mother is a dog.She will wail and die wailing.Go and bury her
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2015
omonnakoda:

Your mother is a dog.She will wail and die wailing.Go and bury her

As you have declared so it shall happen to you and your unrepentant household members before the end of this year.
You shall whine, wail, weep, yell and gnash your teeth in perpetuity for the unavoidable, impending doom at your doorstep, till you meet your Waterloo.

Your numerous gods will not save you!
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

As you have declared so it shall happen to you and your unrepentant household members before the end of this year.
You shall whine, wail, weep, yell and gnash your teeth in perpetuity for the unavoidable, impending doom at your doorstep, till you meet your Waterloo.

Your numerous gods will not save you!
Ogun will strike your mother dead before the end of the month .She will wail till she dies Wailing will never leave her mouth
as the fly plays with shitt Ogun will play with your mothers blood
Ogun will shun water and bathe with her blood

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
omonnakoda:

Ogun will strike your mother dead before the end of the month .She will wail till she dies Wailing will never leave her mouth
as the fly plays with shitt Ogun will play with your mothers blood
Ogun will shun water and bathe with her blood

You shall fall victim of your ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And your parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan.

Your household will not find your carcass to bury and they will be glad to do away with you.

The Ogun you're worshipping and calling is right now at your doorstep. You won't escape the damnation...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NERC Fines AEDC ₦200 Million For Violation Of The New Tariff / Nigeria Gets Counter-terrorism Special Force / President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.