Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,397 members, 7,839,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? (65171 Views)

How Do I Politely Turn Down A LESBIAN Or BISEXUAL Friend Without Hurting Her. / How To Politely Ask For Sex without sounding rude or funny / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by swaggprofessor(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
Owliver:
so you are trying to tell me that a Nigerian girl told you she's been trying to get your attention? or maybe you wanted to say an American girl. fa hear
abeg leave the mumu I just dey watch am like naija film.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Toktee(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2015
ashmanpolo:

Naa. I don't want
Did she confessed love to you,if not,i put it to you that your problem is pride.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by mubarak001(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Of a truth. Op likes the babe but cant stand the gut to date her cos maybe in the past, he has hyped himself to his pals dt he wouldn't stoop to date such babe.

Nevadless, u missed d point, u should have carried us along when u decided to hail the babe after the amebo ur guys did for u. Then we would have advised you not to include some Casanova lyrics.

However, now that u ve collected the gift, and u felt awful, kip d gift and wait till she play the next move. Best u can do to neutralize is to buy her similar gift bt na so d luv they start o.

Meanwhile, why u no fit date d babe kwanu? I am more interested in dt pass d gift sef.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by akreest(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Carry your regular babe along to her house(or hire one for the occassion). Let your babe return the gifts and warn her that she does not want to share 'her guy' and that she does not want her giving any further gifts to 'her guy' again.

The girl will keep off after that.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by sauceEEP(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2015
Blanket - 1000k
Watch - 3000k
Perfume - 1500k
Total = 5,500k
I thought I heard someone screaming that the gift is worth 30k? Anyway she tried, far better off than babes that'll give you lux 3 in 1 vest worth 1000k on your birthday.
I doubt if she has any ulterior motives,she's just gifting a friend but if your not comfortable with it just call her to come pick it up. For your mind you can "NEVER" date her but someone is out there wishing......................

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by LadyX(f): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
menix:

Do u know what dressing like Americana means
Big booths, saggin pants nd boxers, putting on a big dog chain nd walking like someone with boils on his anus..

Pls have u seen a working class going to work that way...

To be honest, I didn't know what dressing like Americana means (I don't live in Lagos).

Now am finished grin grin grin
The bolded made me giggle like something else.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by topfally75(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
You should have rejected the gift at the point of presentation. And now that you have collected the gift you have no option than to keep it, give it out or do whatever you like with it. However, you now go to market buy her some gifts too and insert a small note telling her what you feel about her and the gift she gave you. I think this will make a whole lot of sense.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Timoleon(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
if this story no be fake...make i bend!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by tafrica(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP deserves to be given knocks on the head. You shouldn't have gone to approach her initially. It's always dangerous to approach girls that feel for you when you don't have any passion for them. I'm always wary to approach any girl that likes me when I can't date them, infact I will distance a little.
I pity the lady cuz she will feel heartbroken knowing your words when you approached her were fake.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by donephi(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
lol
Is this what you re wishing for? wink
A Niger gal will tell u she has been trying to get your attention when u re not 2face. grin
You can lie for Africa. tongue
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Deejaygold(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Go to his house aп̥d politely Return †hε Gift/b] [b]haileRS
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by sucess001(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
you dont have to return it to her...lemme give u my addy so you bring it to me...

then you also gimme her contact...i wii help you 'return' it...

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
otunsman:
Do you refund gifts back to a guy you don't love?Be sincere
i return most.yea
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by AnanseK(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Send her a different and more expensive gift . With a note thanking her and explaining that you are already in a relationship and cannot really get involved .
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Hafsat24(f): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
@Carter06..thank you my brother.if it were a Tom Ford perf or any designer perfs around then you can even think about what next to do..
Original Swatch don't come in leather my brother..its usually in a transparent case with a lengthy manual..return those things ASAP..from what you described of what she thinks of you..those gifts aint your class..all in all it should cost 5k max..unless ofcourse you want we nairalanders to felicitate with you on the fact that a girls head over heels into you wink
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by donolatunji(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
Every1 inda house said it all!!! Choose the one which soothes u. God bless you as u do.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by spafu(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
bestestgirl:
First lemme laugh you small grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Second, those gifts are not worth 30k biko, so chillix and stop overthinking things, its just a token she bought you because she likes you.

You, on the other hand, should have rejected it outright since you know that you can NEVER date her. infact, why did you not just greet her normally and pass that day, you had to add all the sweet words and then exchange contacts (all the while knowing that you can NEVER date her) angry angry

Ok Now what to do:
1. pack all those things back into the gift bag.
2. Go to her house and knock on ther door
3. when she opens, hand the bag to her and say "Hi, I realise that I am to blame for this current confusion because I may have given you mixed signals, however I want to clarify things that I am not currently looking for a relationship, I would like us to remain friends but I don't want to date you. so if this exchange of gifts means what I think it means, I apologize for confusing you."
4. Turn around and go back to your house
5. NEVER flirt with any girl you know you will never date.

She may be hurt today but she will respect you for not playing with her heart.
Now I just fell in(to) love with bestestgirl,she gave you the best advice that will settle this your headache 100% with minimal acrimony. Well done bestestgirl.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by efonat(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
[size=30pt]Is that not what u girls call us "baby"[/size]
PunkyVeer:

It looks like a baby's wrapping blanket. What is it? Whatever it is, that's a terrible colour for a man. Those are things you see given as gifts at a baby shower. What, are you 6 months old, she's giving you baby stuff?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Send me her phone number.....
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ikombe: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
Sunexy:

Uv married an ogbanje
grin grin
U dnt need 2 sleep wit her sha...she has ur baby alredi grin grin
lwkmd grin
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by basille(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nairaland folks eh?

She loves you... Problem
She doesn't love you...... Problem
She buys you a gift.......Problem
She doesn't buy gift.... Problem
She ignores you...... Problem
She gives you all her attention.... Still problem

Wetin self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
bestestgirl:

Second, those gifts are not worth 30k biko, so chillix and stop overthinking things, its just a token she bought you because she likes you.

You, on the other hand, should have rejected it outright since you know that you can NEVER date her. infact, why did you not just greet her normally and pass that day, you had to add all the sweet words and then exchange contacts (all the while knowing that you can NEVER date her) angry angry

Ok Now what to do:
3. when she opens, hand the bag to her and say "Hi, I realise that I am to blame for this current confusion because I may have given you mixed signals, however I want to clarify things that I am not currently looking for a relationship, I would like us to remain friends but I don't want to date you. so if this exchange of gifts means what I think it means, I apologize for confusing you."

This advice should really be for women.

You see as my man dey reason how to return gift.

Pick a random woman from the street and gift her a brand new Rolls Royce. And even if she can't stand the look of you - even from a thousand yards. Am not sure many wouldn't have any qualms of conscience appropriating it.

She'd simply just feel entitled, like an emperor of Rome, accepting his due homage.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ehix89(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2015

She may be hurt today but she will respect you for not playing with her heart.[/quote]had same xperience a few wks back,,i rili hurt her feelings,I felt rili bad nd she hated me for it, lemme reaffirm NEVER FLIRT WITH ANY GIRL YOU KNOW YOU WILL NEVER DATE
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by dwayni: 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
bestestgirl:

Ok Now what to do:

I agree with every single word you said. He's probably one of those nobodies that thinks highly of themselves.

Never flirt with a woman when you have no interest or whatsoever in her, grow some balls and say no thanks and stick to it. Whatever happened to "I really appreciate your generosity but no, hi and keep it going"

Nigga please

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by ashmanpolo: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mariojane:
apart from the fact that you don.t date fair ladies what other reason do you have not to date her? are you in a relationship?

No I'm not.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by konjivity: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
If you can, package your own gift and send to her. Ensure it is not worth less than the one your received. Don't forget to attach a note, explaining why you are not cut out for any relationship. Be as polite as possible.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by luuvee(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Aa nigerian girl Lies jooor I can never believe dis poo.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2015
quiinnBee:
i return most.yea
Like money or chicken shawama.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Olenga(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
Abeg chop and clean mouth jare!! That is the stock in trade of most babes who would collect all the goodies from you knowing in their hearts that they won't go out with you.

It is called a non refundable deposit or gift.
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by LockDown69(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
OP is the laptop inclusive? grin
Re: How Do I Politely Return Her Gifts? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2015
otunsman:
Like money or chicken shawama.
lol there can be some exceptions tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Slay Queen Caught Stealing From A Man Rocking Her Sexily At The Club (Photos) / Share Your Mumu Experience With A Lady / I'm Dating HIV Positive Lady & She Is Pregnant. Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.