Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 (1526179 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (674) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
bintalabi:
hello house, my husband lives in the UK for over 17 years now but I've being in Nigeria all this while. so now I want to move in and live with him,
so what and what step do I need to take. thanks

That means he is a ILR holder or British citizen now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
tunexman:
Pls,i need someone who can guide me on how to fill Uk form online and the document to arrange.I have a good statement of account with inflow & outflow income.Thanks.

When you start filling the form and come across any confusing question then ask.

There is no special way of arranging documents. Arrange it the way you want and take it to visa centre when going for appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bintalabi(f): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

That means he is a ILR holder or British citizen now?
erico2k2:

When you say 17 years, has he got the legal rights to as in Full rights ie Indefinite right to remain/British passport?

he has a British passport / he's a British citizen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

When you start filling the form and come across any confusing question then ask.

There is no special way of arranging documents. Arrange it the way you want and take it to visa centre when going for appointment.
thanks,but i don't pay myself salary i run a business with the account am about to present.Both my profit and my capital always get into the account together,how will i do this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
bintalabi:

he has a British passport / he's a British citizen

You can apply for spouse visa if he meets the financial requirement which is earning £18.600 a year.

This is the thread https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2/235

You will see the list of other documents you need to submit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
tunexman:
thanks,but i don't pay myself salary i run a business with the account am about to present.Both my profit and my capital always get into the account together,how will i do this?

You don't have to pay yourself salary, not necessary.

Submit both accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by tunexman: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

You don't have to pay yourself salary, not necessary.

Submit both accounts.
Thanks man for your fast respond.what will i fill in a column how much do you earn per month since I don't pay myself any specific salary & (2) can a married man apply for uk tourist visa alone leaving his family behind.Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
I want to ask this question my people I have been respecting all visa laws as regarded intentions to leave any country that trust me enough to issue me a visa, but I wish to ask how best can I get a resident permit of a country like the United Kingdom without over staying a visit visa that's if it's possible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
tunexman:
Thanks man for your fast respond.what will i fill in a column how much do you earn per month since I don't pay myself any specific salary & (2) can a married man apply for uk tourist visa alone leaving his family behind.Thanks.

Your profit is your earning.

Yes married man can apply without his family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
castiello:
I want to ask this question my people I have been respecting all visa laws as regarded intentions to leave any country that trust me enough to issue me a visa, but I wish to ask how best can I get a resident permit of a country like the United Kingdom without over staying a visit visa that's if it's possible

1. Through employment

2. Marriage

3. Investment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

1. Through employment

2. Marriage

3. Investment
#3 is one avenue Nigerians do not explore enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
erico2k2:

That is because it's not cheap route
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Besto(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

a warm evening to you. Pls do you have an idea of the cost price for a visit visa to the Uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by castiello(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
erico2k2:

Thanks very much I think 1 and 3 is good for me 2 is a no no
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
Besto:

a warm evening to you. Pls do you have an idea of the cost price for a visit visa to the Uk.

I don't but if you visit the embassy website you will find out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

You might be suprised, if we go pound for pound, it might work out cheaper plus you have JOB!
Polish people do this very well on Trades ie Builders,electricians, Shops etc
I do not think it would cost more than £10K to set up a shop, waht do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
erico2k2:

You might be suprised, if we go pound for pound, it might work out cheaper plus you have JOB!
Polish people do this very well on Trades ie Builders,electricians, Shops etc
I do not think it would cost more than £10K to set up a shop, waht do you think?

Bro £50.000 is not cheap, that is the least you need to have in your account before thinking about applying for tie 1 visa.

Polish people don't need to worry about that because they are not under any visa restriction.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by funlover1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
Dammysmart:
Hello please I just checked UK visa web address now and I discovered that to apply for a Tier 5 non-immigrant visa is £230 and I also have to pay for a surcharge fee of £200 which by current rate I think is £1-#800 . please i need someone to educate me on this, from the look of things coupled with the TB test I will be spending up to 325000 in naira for just visa alone..plesse I need clarification on this surcharge fee, the rate I will be charge when paying and if its in dollar or pounds as showm in their website. thanks @justwise plss awaiting your response with other gurus in the house

TB test? Is that the new rule now? does it apply to all categories of visa application?

I got my visa last year without TB test
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by erico2k2(m): 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
justwise:

Bro £50.000 is not cheap, that is the least you need to have in your account before thinking about applying for tie 1 visa.

Polish people don't need to worry about that because they are not under any visa restriction.
If anyone has £50k why go Uk grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
hello house, am I good to go now with the lists of this documents for my Eea family permit visa

*Marriage certificate
*Proof of contact thru chats
*facebook
*whatsapp
*proof of regular phone calls
*pictures 62 copies with photocopy
*itineries n stamps of my wife visits
*My valid pp
* certified copy of her bank statements 6month
*proof of tenancy agreement
*proof of me sending money to her my wife
*copy of her EU pp
*letter from her landlady
*supporting letter from our family
*my bank statement
*tb X-ray result
*a statement of fact from her GP about

Please house are we good to go with all this now because they claim not to see our pictures in the first application but now we've photocopy everything now and added more to it. Any advise will be welcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Laurenzzo: 6:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Hello house,

Please, I need urgent help oo. I'm about to submit the renewal of my application for general visitors visa but the system wasn't allow me to choose date and time keep saying I should choose another date and time. I have choosed almost every hour and date till Jan 2017 still no joy. Can anyone help please!

Sincere regards,
LO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by debuscket(m): 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2016
I'm a health worker and I'll like to practise in UK and one of the requirements is HCPC license. pls do u have an idea how to go about the HCPC. God bless u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
Laurenzzo:
Hello house,

Please, I need urgent help oo. I'm about to submit the renewal of my application for general visitors visa but the system wasn't allow me to choose date and time keep saying I should choose another date and time. I have choosed almost every hour and date till Jan 2017 still no joy. Can anyone help please!

Sincere regards,
LO

I guess it means that there is no appointment date available between now and Jan 2017

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
debuscket:
I'm a health worker and I'll like to practise in UK and one of the requirements is HCPC license. pls do u have an idea how to go about the HCPC. God bless u

No idea, maybe those in health sector will help you with an answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bogolobango(m): 7:24am On Dec 13, 2016
Rinw hi what are the documents you applied with is it a straight application or you had an invitation letter from someone overthere
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by bbwollex(m): 9:49am On Dec 13, 2016
@justwise
Pls I have a question for you
My bro own a business in which I work with him....he pays only his income tax and pay me salary without paying tax. Now I want to make use of payslip for my application,he already provided it but I want to confirm maybe Is not a problem.
would they know I don't pay tax with my payslips given to me by my bro?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Kukuful1014: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2016
Pls I got this mail this morning, what does it mean. This Friday would have been 15 days

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Mofe22: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mofe22:
Hello House,

Please I need your help quite urgently. If you get the email from TLScontact saying your visa has been assessed and in the same minute you get another email from the same email address saying it is ready for collection. Does that mean you have been refused? My reasoning behind it is that after being assessed, they don't bother to take any time for visa printing so it is sent straight to you. Please advise on this.

I look forward to all the help i can get

thanks

Hi House, I am the person who sent this email about the timings of the emails from TLScontact. I was not able to go to collect the passport until today as last week was very busy for me and yesterday was a public holiday. However I am pleased to report that i received my 5 year visit visa!! After applying I found the visa timelines very helpful so here is mine

Application Centre- Ikeja. (The VI centre is closer to my house but I was told that the Ikeja centre processes faster)
Docs submitted and Biometrics- 24th Nov 2016
Application received by UKVI - 25th Nov 2016
Application received in Sheffield - 28 Nov 2016
Application assessed by UKVI - 7 Dec 2016
Application ready for collection -7 Dec 2016
Visa Printed - 2 Dec 2016

Thanks to all those who replied me when I was anxious and worried. It really helped.
I wish those waiting for their response good luck

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by Captgb: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2016
Mofe22:

Hi House, I am the person who sent this email about the timings of the emails from TLScontact. I was not able to go to collect the passport until today as last week was very busy for me and yesterday was a public holiday. However I am pleased to report that i received my 5 year visit visa!! After applying I found the visa timelines very helpful so here is mine

Application Centre- Ikeja. (The VI centre is closer to my house but I was told that the Ikeja centre processes faster)
Docs submitted and Biometrics- 24th Nov 2016
Application received by UKVI - 25th Nov 2016
Application received in Sheffield - 28 Nov 2016
Application assessed by UKVI - 7 Dec 2016
Application ready for collection -7 Dec 2016
Visa Printed - 2 Dec 2016

Thanks to all those who replied me when I was anxious and worried. It really helped.
I wish those waiting for their response good luck

Congratulations Mofe....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by xtonuns(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hello guys, please can I make a confirmed hotel booking with booking.com with an empty dollar card balance..got the card today..must I have money in it before they will secure hote reservation for me...please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
xtonuns:
Hello guys, please can I make a confirmed hotel booking with booking.com with an empty dollar card balance. .got the card today..must I have money in it before they will secure hote reservation for me...please help

I don't think that is a good idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
bbwollex:
@justwise
Pls I have a question for you
My bro own a business in which I work with him....he pays only his income tax and pay me salary without paying tax. Now I want to make use of payslip for my application,he already provided it but I want to confirm maybe Is not a problem.
would they know I don't pay tax with my payslips given to me by my bro?

The business pays tax and not you. Your salary is net.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (674)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.