Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? (68805 Views)

Breaking News: Full List Of Confirmed Minister Today / Lai Mohammed Screened Amid Cheers Within 10 Minutes / Pat Utomi. Falana, Odiemegkwe, Oyinlola Screened To Be Appointed Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Amebo123: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Team Madam Amina

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by asaajuomo1(m): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
DR. KAYODE JOHN FAYEMI

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by BALLOSKI: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
modath:

I just had a mental picture of what your face would have been like & I honestly LOLed! grin cheesy
Lol on my sister. grin

Madam-know-it-all is no more apolitical like she used to claim. Can you imagine that post?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by kayb12(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2015
1. Fayemi french people will call him numero uno
2. Baba Audu Ogbeh... Absolutely good, this man can continue with additional experience to Adeshina programes.
3. Lai Muhammed... i only rate him 3rd man because i am a political scientist. which i must score him for his resilent and calm he brought to the house... In democratic setting Lai is a good politician.

I wasn't able to watch Udom screening, so sorry for my bias.
Fayemi K J is man of the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by malonephill(m): 8:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
onatisi:
bros leave Nigerians oooo. Nigerians never learn from history,3 years from now they will be calling for the stoning of the same ministers they are hailing now
I can't just imagine,okonjo ngozi, olusegun aganga and madueke allison did better than these in their screening yet, what was the outcome When GEJ gave his inaugural speech in2011 I smiles when he said "your suffering are over" never knew meant joke

Until I see he change not by word still waiting......

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by AhmedNasir1: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2015
they all did their best. no 1 speak for another but Lai Muhammed.
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by jumobi1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Fayemi and Aminat Mo!! Was it the accent? Idk
Lai was funny but he didn't say anything substantial.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by missKiffy(f): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bennyberry:

Ur 1 vote was not even added, it got missing at ur polling unit. #ur unrecognised vote wudn't have stopped the wind of change.
Lol cheesy it was an invalid vote

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by missKiffy(f): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2015
VenusBetty:
Fayemi shouldn't have taken a bow, the senators should have bowed in reverence.
Hehehe cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by MbashrexBashir(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
To mi Gen Abdulrahman Bello DanBazao
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2015
Bennyberry:
who told u he is an adult?.
..tor..what can I say? lmao..he meant to explain what happened at the polls I presume
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Businessideas: 8:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
First,it was Prof Osibanjo that reawakened the almost extinct taste of Nigerians for Unblemished and first class eloquence in public speaking, today, it's Dr Kayode Fayemi!!
I found out they both have something in common-They are both Made-in UNILAG.
I think Unilag has a way of making their products this excellent. No wonder the University of Lagos(like insisting on 6 credit in Olevel at one sitting shocked), her products and students always do shakara and carry air of confidence.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Tobylove: 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
Aminat Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Acidosis(m): 8:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
anigbajumo:

Funniest comment so far on this thread.......

None of them can defeat fayemi,I guess u dnt watch the screening.

I watched it all on Channels. I guess you haven't listen to any of Fayemi's speeches aside today's...

There is really nothing special about him. Adesina speaks better.

Nothing special bro. You need to stop listening to Lai Muhammed and the likes. Ilorin accent nor be English Language
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Acidosis(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
deucelaw:

How do you know that sir?

I know that because I know Adesina, Stella Oduah and Diezani speak better English than Fayemi or the Ilorin-accent Lai Muhammed
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
mikolo80:
painment
Painment ke?
I'm just laughing at the crazy comments on the thread.
Fayemi the eloquent corny man is the "BEST" minister cheesy
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by princeisah26(m): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
How will a man who says "she must pound yam" marry a lady like Amina Mohammed? How will he put his request into words?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by azurimakate: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
av always bin a pass by on this forum,who has always chosen to just keep mute to observe and reading peoples comment and post like a gentle would always do,but can't keep mute this time around cos I was so engrossed with the ministerial screening live on TV today but I must confess fayemi was just too much with his detailed analysis and knowledge of his area of discipline, Udoma, onu, also did very well, can't wait to see my governor emeritus, babatunde fashola who I have a soft spot for, as a virtue of his intelligent
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by bashydemy(m): 8:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
sigiyaya:
My MOTHER warned me against voting for BUHARI, that i do not know him better than she does but i did not listen.

Guess what ....

I AM REGRETTING.............
You better continue regretting cos he will rule this country for 8yrs... Beside are you sure your vote was not among the voided votes in your polling units?

3 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by modath(f): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
genearts:

Thank you for this

But its the truth..Do you know him?? grin
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by bashydemy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Jarus:
I watched only 6 (Udo Udoma, Fayemi, Ogbeh, Onu, Dambazau and Lai) and here is my assessment.

Udo Udoma 9/10

Dambazau - 8/10

Fayemi - 7/10

Ogbeh - 7/10

Onu - 6/10

Lai - 6/10
I guess you watch this at the back of your TV, Udoma ahead of Fayemi most be a mistake from you....

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by lordmayor4(m): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
MizMyColi:

When Akpabio called him the FATHER OF PROPAGANDA, what was the senate's reaction.
Answer this truthfully and forever hold your peace.

I do not mince words when I say I'm not a fan of Lai Moh'd.
And to think he's been tipped to man the ministry of information?

Nigerians!
Get Ready!

Akpabio gave us a hint when he called him the FATHER OF PROPAGANDA
There's a reason his name was changed from "Lai" to "Lie"

People are being sold a man who will run the information ministry based on propaganda, and more propaganda, and they are rejoicing.

God forbid that the information ministry is doomed!

Propaganda seeks to direct information at an already brainwashed people

Propaganda obscures facts and gives half truths

Propaganda seeks to build a movement

Propaganda strives to build a following whether or not people understand what is at stake.

Propaganda obtains information via questionable means.

PROPAGANDA IS THE SYSTEMATIC EFFORT TO MANIPULATE OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEFS, ATTITUDES AND ACTIONS.

In other words, our foreign policy and Outlook will be great. The USA dwells on propaganda tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by anigbajumo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
Acidosis:

I watched it all on Channels. I guess you haven't listen to any of Fayemi's speeches aside today's...

Nothing special bro. You need to stop listening to Lai Muhammed and the likes. Ilorin accent nor be English Language

Lol,u can check my comments so far 2day about fayemi....

Av knw him since nd watch him many times,sentiment apart Adesina is damn far comparing to fayemi.

Pls check his CV nd international relation wif other countries u will clearly see what I mean.
No b Adesina former minister of Agriculture?Bro,no b d same league wif fayemi in every aspects.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Jarus(m): 9:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
bashydemy:
I guess you watch this at the back of your TV, Udoma ahead of Fayemi most be a mistake from you....

Because I'm trained to recognize substance over form.
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by anigbajumo(m): 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Acidosis:

What of a man dat lectured d house on.......

Security

Foreign policy

Education

........The man is so intelligent nd brilliant,no doubt.....fayemi is one of kind,once again ah dust my cap and throway salute for who deserve it....

Fayemi is the second nominee out of 10 expected to
undergo screening by the upper legislative chamber today.

Here are 10 important things I noted:

1. “Poverty is not inevitable, we have a lot of countries like
China that has lifted its people from poverty”
2. “Alternation of Power is the best way to deepen
democracy; Not perpetuation of Power.”
3. “On Foreign Policy, We must balance our interest btw
the West and the BRICS Countries.”
4. “Buhari is doing a lot on Foreign Policy, recognising that
our neighbours are our first call of interest.”
5. “On Foreign Policy; right now our domestic agenda does
not really drive our Foreign Policy.”
6. “We need to make our Public Schools attractive and all
this boils down to enrolment.”
7. “We have a problem of enrolment. We need to do
something about our Curriculum and Teacher Quality.”
8. “We have not been able to do well in the Technical and
Vocational part of our Educational Sector.”
9. “I didn't not buy a N50m bed, I challenge anyone who
has a N1.5m invoice for a bed to bring it forward. The
Govt House is probably the cheapest Govt House in
Nigeria. I did it for Ekiti State & not for myself.”
0. “Every state borrows, even the United State we look up
to is the most indebted country in the world.”

Rating Adeshina ahead of fayemi is an insults frm well educated human being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by captianfreeman(m): 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
Carmal90:
For me it is lai rauf mohammed..
For basically making the senate floor lively
Fayemi. He can serve as minister of anything.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Rimamsirufun(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
Philistine:
All the ministerial nominees were extremely brilliant.....walahi i dey gbadun dis change. Sai Baba till 2023!

Fayemi....

#JESUS_SAVES
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by expressglory: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
anigbajumo:

What of a man dat lectured d house on.......

Security

Foreign policy

Education

........The man is so intelligent nd brilliant,no doubt.....fayemi is one of kind,once again ah dust my cap and throway salute for who deserve it....

Fayemi is the second nominee out of 10 expected to
undergo screening by the upper legislative chamber today.

Here are 10 important things I noted:

1. “Poverty is not inevitable, we have a lot of countries like
China that has lifted its people from poverty”
2. “Alternation of Power is the best way to deepen
democracy; Not perpetuation of Power.”
3. “On Foreign Policy, We must balance our interest btw
the West and the BRICS Countries.”
4. “Buhari is doing a lot on Foreign Policy, recognising that
our neighbours are our first call of interest.”
5. “On Foreign Policy; right now our domestic agenda does
not really drive our Foreign Policy.”
6. “We need to make our Public Schools attractive and all
this boils down to enrolment.”
7. “We have a problem of enrolment. We need to do
something about our Curriculum and Teacher Quality.”
8. “We have not been able to do well in the Technical and
Vocational part of our Educational Sector.”
9. “I didn't not buy a N50m bed, I challenge anyone who
has a N1.5m invoice for a bed to bring it forward. The
Govt House is probably the cheapest Govt House in
Nigeria. I did it for Ekiti State & not for myself.”
0. “Every state borrows, even the United State we look up
to is the most indebted country in the world.”

Rating Adeshina ahead of fayemi is an insults frm well educated human being.

Give it to FAYEMI...Odurosoke...won ta ni roba....o jabo si Federal...lo ba di minister!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by nikky28: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
Kayode Fayemi

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by usecondom(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
And you will continue that way until he finishes his term. Congrats!
sigiyaya:
My MOTHER warned me against voting for BUHARI, that i do not know him better than she does but i did not listen.

Guess what ....

I AM REGRETTING.............
Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
Most were ok.

I was fairly impressed by Dr Onu.
Amina Mohammed spoke impressively, but I fear she may be another Ngozi Iweala sent by USA to do their bidding.

Least impressed by Kayode Fayemi, in fact if he must be a minister he should be given a lesser ministry with minimal budgetary responsibility.

He should not be allowed anywhere near the Foreign Ministry.

The things that I did not like about his past and what he said during the screening included:

1. He claimed that Foreign policy during the days of Abacha when we intervened in Liberia and Sierra Leone were too charitable as we did not benefit financially from our intervention, in terms of seeking reconstruction contracts.

Firstly this is a shortsighted view. The stability of our neighbours and region from the intervention is justification by itself.

Abacha was poisoned by USA sponsored agents soon after the intervention so it should have been Thief Obasanjo who should have pursued these contracts and reaped the benefits of the goodwill Abacha had sowed.

Instead clueless Fayemi in this same breath praised Thief Obasanjo for linking domestic interests to foreign intervention.

At this point I knew he could not be a minister if I had anything to do with it.

Secondly his stated opposition of Abacha of running a secret illegal radio station is treachery and hypocritcal given that Abacha was the leader that created Ekiti state which he later sought to run as governor.

His record as governor left a legacy of indebtedness for the state.

Very disappointing.

I am thinking if he must be made minister he should be considered for Minister of Immigration or a similar lesser ministry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was The Best Screened Minister Today??? by ststyreal(f): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2015
kokoA:
These guys are good. Buhari has selected the best brains in APC.. technocrats/Politicians.
Including Right Hon.Chibuike Rotimi Ameachi. Hahahahahahaha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

King Charles And Ike Ekweremadu (Throwback Photo) / ENDSARS: Protesters Hold Sunday Service Outside Lagos State Govt House (Photos) / Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.