Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (323857 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
zed7:
Dear VO, what are the consequences when someone whom was filed an immigrant visa for by a sibling is no longer interested in migrating to the US as he is now settled here and doing well in his business and now has a family. He would rather prefer occasional holidays to the US instead.
1. Will the petitioner have to inform the authorities to cancel the petition?
2. Will canceling a petition affect application for a B1/B2 in future?

The petitioner can inform USCIS about the desire to cancel the petition. However, please note that, by law, this decision is immediate and irreversible, even if you change your mind five minutes later. An F4 immigrant visa can take about 10 years until completion. Think carefully about this decision. That said, if he and his family are happy in Nigeria, then I wish them all the best, even though he sounds like exactly the kind of person we want to live and work in the United States.

Regarding the application for a B1/B2, I cannot say how this will affect that application.

Regards,
VO

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 27, 2017
Sir how can I process u.s immigration visa. Send me link were all details are. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
automatic1:
Sir how can I process u.s immigration visa. Send me link were all details are. Thanks.

If you are the petitioner, you will start with USCIS. A simple Internet search will get you to the right place. If you are not able or are not willing to do that, you should consult with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ladyprosper: 10:17am On Jan 27, 2017
Dear vo,

My sister who happens to be an american citizen, applied for immigrant visa for me in the year 2013 at that time I was single. I'm married now with two kids, my question is, when am I suppose to update my status. Meaning when am I suppose yo include my spouse's and kids name to my ' immigrant application' ? Your prompt response will be appreciated.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 27, 2017
I don't know anybody in u.s and I want to apply for immigration visa is it possible?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by DevOpsX: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Hi VO,

My I-140 is currently under processing. If approved, how long does Consular Processing takes?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
automatic1:
I don't know anybody in u.s and I want to apply for immigration visa is it possible?

I answered this question just a few posts ago. The short answer is no except under extraordinary circumstances. Read the last few pages or use the search function.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
DevOpsX:
Hi VO,

My I-140 is currently under processing. If approved, how long does Consular Processing takes?

Thanks

This is a question for USCIS.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
ladyprosper:
Dear vo,

My sister who happens to be an american citizen, applied for immigrant visa for me in the year 2013 at that time I was single. I'm married now with two kids, my question is, when am I suppose to update my status. Meaning when am I suppose yo include my spouse's and kids name to my ' immigrant application' ? Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Report your status to USCIS and they will walk you through the file update. The earlier you do this, the better it will be for you.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lildoc(m): 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
I just got approved how much does ticket cost mow
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2017
Good day V.O.have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?that was asked while i was filling my DS260 form and Yes I have lived in Dubai before for almost two yrs and I also visit Iran from Dubai for visa change cos I need to come in back with working visa to Dubai then, am presently going through immigrant visa now and I want to know if the new policy will not affect cos I have visited Iran before and also I did not fill in my DS260 form that I have visit Iran before.pls any advice?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lildoc:
I just got approved how much does ticket cost mow

Let's take a moment to think about this question:

Even if I wanted to answer you, you're missing basic information such as: when are you going? where are you going? where are you starting? which airline do you prefer? do you want a connection? are you traveling alone? which fare class are you pursuing? are you traveling with pets? do you have an infant?

(Please note: I don't really want to know.)

Regards,
VO

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
hajj123:
Good day V.O.have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?that was asked while i was filling my DS260 form and Yes I have lived in Dubai before for almost two yrs and I also visit Iran from Dubai for visa change cos I need to come in back with working visa to Dubai then, am presently going through immigrant visa now and I want to know if the new policy will not affect cos I have visited Iran before and also I did not fill in my DS260 form that I have visit Iran before.pls any advice?

The question centers around the police certificate requirements. Anyone living in a country for a year or more after the age of 16 requires a police certificate from that country. In addition, all countries you've visited after the age of 16 should be listed on the DS-260. Do not leave any countries out thinking you can avoid a police certificate if you "forget" to list the country. We have records. If there is a serious discrepancy between what you report and what we know, you could lose your ability to immigrate to the United States.

In short, fill out the form to the best of your ability -- truthfully.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 8:48am On Jan 30, 2017
Hell VO but in the DS260 form they didn't ask about the country that I have visited before,what they asked is country where have lived after the age of 16yrs.so I did not mention Iran cos I did not live in Iran but just visited for employment visa change.what do I do now cos I have already filled and submitted my Ds260 for almost 2months ago.pls I need you advice.thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AyaSho(f): 10:42am On Jan 30, 2017
Good day Sir/Ma
Thanks for giving us this beautiful Medium to ask questions.
My questions
1. I have a sister whose petition had been filled in and approved in the USA for R1 in January ,She is awaiting the next step
2. Since, the application was filled in by the employer in the Us, Can the interview be done over there not minding that she is a frequent flyer based in Nigeria.
How long will it take for the work authorization to be out
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by simonydurny(m): 2:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
VisaOfficer:

Let's take a moment to think about this question:

Even if I wanted to answer you, you're missing basic information such as: when are you going? where are you going? where are you starting? which airline do you prefer? do you want a connection? are you traveling alone? which fare class are you pursuing? are you traveling with pets? do you have an infant?

(Please note: I don't really want to know.)

Regards,
VO
LOL
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2017
AyaSho:
Good day Sir/Ma
Thanks for giving us this beautiful Medium to ask questions.
My questions
1. I have a sister whose petition had been filled in and approved in the USA for R1 in January ,She is awaiting the next step
2. Since, the application was filled in by the employer in the Us, Can the interview be done over there not minding that she is a frequent flyer based in Nigeria.
How long will it take for the work authorization to be out
Thank you

An R1 visa is a non-immigrant (work) visa for religious workers. All visas must be adjudicated in person before travel so no, she cannot fly there in person for the interview. Please take your question to the appropriate forum.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
hajj123:
Hell VO but in the DS260 form they didn't ask about the country that I have visited before,what they asked is country where have lived after the age of 16yrs.so I did not mention Iran cos I did not live in Iran but just visited for employment visa change.what do I do now cos I have already filled and submitted my Ds260 for almost 2months ago.pls I need you advice.thanks

Visits to other countries are less relevant for an immigrant visa. You should volunteer this information during your interview to avoid any discrepancies.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Itstyme(m): 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2017
VisaOfficer:

The question centers around the police certificate requirements. Anyone living in a country for a year or more after the age of 16 requires a police certificate from that country. In addition, all countries you've visited after the age of 16 should be listed on the DS-260. Do not leave any countries out thinking you can avoid a police certificate if you "forget" to list the country. We have records. If there is a serious discrepancy between what you report and what we know, you could lose your ability to immigrate to the United States.

In short, fill out the form to the best of your ability -- truthfully.

Regards,
VO

Glad this came up. For an applicant who had lived in three or four different countries, is he required to go back to each of these countries to obtain the said Police clearance certificates? If yes, how is it possible to travel to all these countries all for the sole purpose of just obtaining a Police Certificate? Please advise.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Teegeh: 9:57pm On Jan 30, 2017
Hi VO, my younger sister and her daughter went for an interview in November for f1 immigrants visa on getting the CO denied her visa and changed her category to f3 because she was pregnant and as a little child so she believed she was married but truly she's not married, we written twice to the embassy but still same result please what do you advice we do. Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by packdprince(m): 12:13am On Jan 31, 2017
Dear Visa Officer,

I am writing this request. Please I and my brothers (4 of them) were granted green card status last year excluding my elder brother that got married sometimes last two years. There was a mail that indicated that his application has been forwarded back to NVC or the applicant (can't remember now) which is our mom. Which is likely to be revoked.

Please I would request to know what documents we should sent and how are we going to do about it to continue his visa application. Someone was insisting the applicant file for him again which will take like 5 to 6 years.

Hope his priority date has not changed, date of filing was 2010.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by forfaith: 1:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Dear Visa Officer,

I and my wife;s case is currently in AP in a West African country. I am pretty sure they are checking the documents we submitted. I am wondering how do they check the documents. Is that done by the CO or do they turn the docs over to the FBI, DHS, or NSA, etc.

Thank You
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by hajj123(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2017
Hello VO thanks so much for your good idea,so do you mean that I should tell my interviewer that I have visited Iran before even if they don't ask me about it?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
hajj123:
Hello VO thanks so much for your good idea,so do you mean that I should tell my interviewer that I have visited Iran before even if they don't ask me about it?

I cannot coach you through the interview. I have already stated that you should be honest about where you've lived and where you've visited. How that translates to the interview, or does not, is up to you.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
forfaith:
Dear Visa Officer,

I and my wife;s case is currently in AP in a West African country. I am pretty sure they are checking the documents we submitted. I am wondering how do they check the documents. Is that done by the CO or do they turn the docs over to the FBI, DHS, or NSA, etc.

Thank You

We work with all necessary partners which may or may not include the ones you've mentioned.

Regards,
VO

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.