Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken (70373 Views)

How Many Nigerian Languages Are Spoken In Your Family? / Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / The Various Dialects Of The Urhobo Language And Where They Are Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by vladimiros: 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
OboloMAN:

85% if not 90% of the wealth from oil in akwa ibom, is gotten from Obolo land (Ibeno & Eastern Obolo L G A)
Yet they are the most marginalized and least developed.
The same way Nigeria is Milking the Niger Delta with nothing to show for it. Is the same way Ibibio is Milking Obolo land.
God willing , We shall continue to push for the creation of Oil Rivers state.
Let me see that OP that Will come and create a thread classifying Obolo(Andoni &Ibeno) as Ibibio
Who were the Ibibio's before pre colonial Nigeria. WTF.

Man calm down, oil rivers state won't happen, just let baby for a ur senators and reps to fight for more awareness to ur region

Secondly most Akwa Ibom Il is coastal, and obols is not all coastal
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by mildflame: 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think its about time I RESTRICT my comment 2 anything but RELIGION n ETHNICITY, 2 many DEPRAVED n INFERIORITY COMPLEX MINDED PRIMITIVE ETHNIC WARLORD that got only BALLS on the SOCIAL MEDIA platforms ain't worth any CIVILISED DISCOURSE

OP u ain't PERFECT but it's an EXCELLENT piece like others KEEP researching n I'm waiting for the SHUA-ARABS piece n other MINORITY ethnic group especially in the North West

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by naijaguy77: 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:

Please sire look at this Wikipedia page and see where my article was fleshed from. If you have an(y) issue, take it up with Wiki.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio-Efik_languages

I am not Igbo! Do not bring Igbo into this.

As far as I am concerned. Efik, Ibibio proper, Oron, Anaang, Eket, Ibeno are LINGUISTICALLY dialects of Ibibio and they form a single cluster of languages. This is an ACADEMIC fact. Atleast, I some linguistics enough to speak categorically on this subject matter. They may be culturally or even ethnically different but they are LINGUISTICALLY of the same root as much as English and German are of the same roots. Do not come and spill bad blood unnecessarily.

In that case, as far as you are concerned, you are an ignorant idiot. Since you refuse to learn.

5 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
naijaguy77:

In that case, as far as you are concerned, you are an ignorant idiot. Since you refuse to learn.

Thank you sir. Your disposition is duly noted.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Firstinline:

But why all these divisions among the Akwa-Ibom people ?

I think it is very unnecessary, it does not help you guys to achieve anything.

The truth is that i as an outsider actually see you as one. Infact i see Akwa-Ibom and Cross-river people as the same.

When i was younger i thought you were all "Calabar".

politICS man!
politics can make two brothers go to war.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by searay(m): 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:
After this, I am going up North.

Tiv Dialects and Where They Are Spoken. grin (Except someone beats me to it)

Nice work, the dialect spoken by Ini LGA indigenes has been omitted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 7:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
searay:
Nice work, the dialect spoken by Ini LGA indigenes has been omitted

Thank you bro. I never came across it initially. I'll check it out now.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by iamkingzlee(m): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

The truth is that only Eket Senatorial District (which comprises of the 'Ibibiod' groups and Oro groups) produces all the oil in Akwaibom State. Annangland produces nothing.
Etim Ekpo has vast farmland and palm oil.. I think, they all have thier selling point!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by anangboy(m): 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
Xenophobia is as old as man on this earth. From time immemorial, human beings, and even animals have always shown fear, distrust and open hostility to strangers, who do not belong to their milieu. But the essential characteristic of a civilised man, as opposed to a savage, is to learn to accommodate the other person's strangeness.

I had my secondary education at FGC Ikot Ekpene and back then, i noticed some sort of mutual instinctive distrust between annangs & ibibios. It would be nice if people desist from spouting innate xenophobic tendencies that fuel ethnicism.

There will never be peace in a country where there is no mutual acceptance of peaceful cohabitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Revolva(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
Wow akwaibom na their afang soup I just like
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by OboloMAN: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2015
vladimiros:

Man calm down, oil rivers state won't happen, just let baby for a ur senators and reps to fight for more awareness to ur region

Secondly most Akwa Ibom Il is coastal, and obols is not all coastal

The Majority Aiis will always have it.

Didn't get the last part of your statement.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2015
Firstinline:

But why all these divisions among the Akwa-Ibom people ?

I think it is very unnecessary, it does not help you guys to achieve anything.

The truth is that i as an outsider actually see you as one. Infact i see Akwa-Ibom and Cross-river people as the same.

When i was younger i thought you were all "Calabar".

I am very surprised seeing this. I've always thought these people are the most non-tribalistic lot in Nigeria until I created this thread. I am so amazed that some people are here causing unneccesary tensions. If I haven't stayed and seen these people myself, I would have judged most of them hastily based on this thread.

So, I will crave your indulgence to ignore the few bringing down their people and spoiling their image here. Ibibios and Efiks are GOOD people and even though some have attacked and insulted me on this thread here, I still love them and would still say they are the least-tribalistic lot in the Niger-Delta. I hope the divergent few can change their ways.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by OboloMAN: 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
PROPHETmichael:

As a former employee of Mobil though not from Akwa Ibom, I can categorically tell you that Eket is not an oil producing Area but Ibeno. The reason Eket holds that tag is because Ibeno was formerly under them and as a result, Eket was well develop during those periods. Ibeno LGA is the reason Akwa Ibom is having No1 spot in Federal allocation but unfortunately, the people are being marginalized in terms of development.

Thank You For Speaking the Truth.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by genuinechimere(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
I think it's high time MODs stopped threads like this on NL. It breeds more insults, divisions and confusion than †ђξ intended goal. It divides than it unites. Whether u are Ibibio, Ananga, Oron, EfiK, that's ur wahala. Make peace reason mbok!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2015
iamkingzlee:
Etim Ekpo has vast farmland and palm oil.. I think, they all have thier selling point!

By default, every L.G.A in Akwaibom State has vast oil palm plantations. In terms of crude oil, only Eket Senatorial District produces it.
This isn't an attempt at downgrading the inputs of other Senatorial District but stating a fact.
My L.G.A produces crude oil and there's never been a time we threatened secession like the Orons do.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by AkwaIbomrep1: 8:21pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote] the word Ibo (igbo) is derived from the word ibibio, I have read so many books concerning this and I found out that ibibio was the first son while Ibo was the second son of Udo until......'', #VisitAkwaibom
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by somegirl1: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:

the word Ibo (igbo) is derived from the word ibibio, I have read so many books concerning this and I found out that ibibio was the first son while Ibo was the second son of Udo until......'', #VisitAkwaibom

angry undecided

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by peeparty(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2015
Well articulated @ op.....
# proudoronman#proudakwaibom#Dakaada.#
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
This picture is actually Arochukwu. Just to point that out.

3 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Sweetlemon(f): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Annang is not Ibibio... Quit calling Annang Ibibio!!!

while all akwa ibom languages are certainly similar, they all originated from Efik, therefore, we all speak variations of Efik not Ibibio! bullsh*t, Eket is the only other dialect that's really like ibibio but oron is every different.

The creator of this thread is def NOT from Akwa-Ibom/Cross river.

I just hate the way false knowledge is being spread about on this forum. That was how someone said that there are Igbo tribes in Akwa/Cross and the dumb thread made FP. I was like WTF!

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by xreal: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2015
Chinachriss:
Hahaha, my brother, I said an average o. But, I said the truth naa. Una no like stress at all.

better, it's different from been lazy naa.
No vex.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Sweetlemon(f): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=AkwaIbomrep1 post=39620573][/quote]

Thunder fire you!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by xreal: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sweetlemon:

I just hate the way false knowledge is being spread about on this forum. That was how someone said that there are Igbo tribes in Akwa/Cross and the dumb thread made FP. I was like WTF!

That's one bad thing about this computer age - copy and paste [s] anything they come across on the internet [/s].
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:

I am very surprised seeing this. I've always thought these people are the most non-tribalistic lot in Nigeria until I created this thread. I am so amazed that some people are here causing unneccesary tensions. If I haven't stayed and seen these people myself, I would have judged most of them hastily based on this thread.

So, I will crave your indulgence to ignore the few bringing down their people and spoiling their image here. Ibibios and Efiks are GOOD people and even though some have attacked and insulted me on this thread here, I still love them and would still say they are the least-tribalistic lot in the Niger-Delta. I hope the divergent few can change their ways.

Ibibios, Efiks and, to a large extent, Annangs get along fairly well. Yes, we Ibibios have some cast-in-cement stereotypes about the Annangs but they are harmless.

The troubleshooters? The Orons. They have this siege mentality. They always compare themselves to the Ibibios.

Here's to put things in perspective: There are are 31 L.G.As in Akwaibom State.

18 LGAs are peopled by Ibibios.

8 LGAs are Annangland.

5 LGAs are Oro Nation.

It's only normal that Ibibios have dominated the affairs in the state. What's more? Ibibioland produces oil and Ibibios are the most educated!

I really didn't want to jump into this fray but I had to.

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Sweetlemon(f): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
fratermathy:

Where you went wrong was calling all of us Ibibios. We are NOT ibibios mbok. Yes we are related, yes we are family, yes we are under one umbrella. Just that we don't have any umbrella name like the Yorubas, Igbos, Hausaa call themselves. Calling all of us Ibibios is like calling all Yorubas Ijebus. That's sacrilege!
So you understand what I'm trying to say now huh?

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by fratermathy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
NRIPRIEST:
This picture is actually Arochukwu. Just to point that out.

Thank you bro. It turned up on my search and I assumed it was relevant.

2 Likes

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TukurBaadaz: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2015
Proudly Oronian!
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by Sweetlemon(f): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
xreal:

That's one bad thing about this computer age - copy and paste [s] anything they come across on the internet [/s].

Soooooo annoying! What stops them from doing a lil research before creating threads?
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by effty(m): 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2015
OP, never yu dare call an Oron (Oro) man an Ibibio. If u do, I won't be able to quantify the harsh words u will get.
Oro is a distinct entity with close affinity with d Efiks. To call Oro a part of d Ibibios is d height of insult. Ask any Ibibio person living close to u.

1 Like

Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by xreal: 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Soooooo annoying! What stops them from doing a lil research before creating threads?

One just have to overlook some things, sincerely.
Re: The Dialects Of Ibibio And Where They Are Spoken by TheSonOfMark(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Sweetlemon:

There are no Igbo tribes in Akwaibom State. There are seemingly Igboid communities bothering Ika and Etim Ekpo L.G.As of Akwaibom but there are never-ending boundary wars which are still being deliberated in court. NO PART OF AKWAIBOM STATE SPEAKS IGBO.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / I Want To Learn Itsekiri Language (get In) / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.