Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,515 members, 7,770,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (53889 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / Should We Be Worried About This Look Tania Omotayo Gave Tekno Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2015
Aieboocaar:
cheesy Woaw!!! FTC Finally after all dis years...chai! patience indeed is a virtue cool I dedicate this plot of land to all aspiring FTC's wink una turn go soon cum grin

@op..well i just have 1 question for u, WTF HAVE U BEEN DOING WHILE U WERE BTW 18-25YRS?. oh wait lemme guess, u're one of dose "hit and run" boys dat dnt take relationships serious baa?? Issorite, it's not too late to start believing sha grin grin
Lol. Very funny@plot of land.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Just pray to God for the right woman. Don't listen to peeps telling you otherwise. She'll definitely come & you'll find her soon by His Grace!
Our prayers are with you too. Looking forward to congratulating you soon on this platform when it happens.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by JohnReese: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2015
OP how many PMS ve u gotten from dem ladies? grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by linusbnn(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2015
Dyt:

Yes
sad sad

Send him mail and thank me later
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by HeavenShield: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2015
I will advise you pretty well.
There is no reason to worry. The only worry now is to Reason with yourself. hahaha.
Sit down and begin to think concrete about a good home. It is better to take your time so to avoid setting down with the wrong woman. Two things you will need to do.
1. Go back to the roots(mother or Father for advice)
2. Meet a Genuine clergy..
3. Think about the girl you loved while in school..
4. Which girl do you admire most in church..if you don't have a church, start being regular. If you can't go early, it is better you go late.
5. If you are not ready to be offended and accept annoyance, you can't marry(am sorry, but women can be annoying most times.)
6. Train your life to accept marital responsibility.
7. Pray to Jesus..
God Bless you. Wish you the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by MarryMeee: 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
uncle unfortunately u have a spiritual wife keeping you to herself embarassed i dey joke o grin anyway i think its destiny that you posted this on Nairaland because i think you are my husband. kiss oya let me take you to Mama Adaku for zobo and pepper soup...let me take you to Maiduguri on top of a cow wink oya my baby let me love you.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by magneto(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2015
I think most guys who have NEVER been in a "serious" relationship before, have a problem with emotional bonding. A lot of guys grew up in very macho and tough social environments where emotional expressions were misconstrued as weakness. They never developed the "emotional communication" skills that are absolutely necessary for meaningful relationships with ladies. These guys probably have no female siblings, went to an all boys boarding school, and never cultivated any serious social contact outside their close circle while in university.

@op- if any of this strikes a chord with u, don't worry cos ur not alone here. Plenty guys go through this. U just have to trust that its ok to let ur guard down sometimes and enjoy a deep emotional connection with an intelligent lady. I bet u your dating experiences would be so much more richer and satisfying. Also don't be too anxious abt marriage no matter how old u think u are. U don't need dat kind of pressure, trust me. Hope this helps some.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by xirGODWIN(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2015
The fact dat u ar askin dis question shows u dat u ar worried... Nd d fact dat am commenting shows dat u need to b really worried
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by abimbawealth(f): 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2015
Awwww...
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

At 31 you should be a dad with a home and kids, most guys who are single at 31 are single because of finances, you dont have that problem so grow up and take a chance with the beauties around, nothing lasts for forever, stop being a play boy. Be a man!! angry
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Mattin(m): 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2015

Hmmmm, valid point Larai I won't argue with that logic.

But me I like and I want both things in place i.e well spoken English & well written English.

It's not like I want access to a man's bank account, just something as simple as good English - it's a huge turn on for me.

There is nothing like this expression "But 'me' I like and want both things in place."
'Me' is always in object position in sentence. It doesn't take subject position like you used it.
E.g But me I like and I want both things in place-wrong
But I like and want both things in place- right.
Note: No repetition of 'I' in the second main clause.

Regards
Reach me for more correct usage cool
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by happyjuliet(f): 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2015
Op u have to find time for yourself bro, and don't b too selective if u are one, and lastly talk too Dan Lord in prayer in will surely grant ur heart desired.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
sonofananimal:
she never still see man were sabi speak English grin grin

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ogoji(m): 3:45pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote]At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

[ Haba like kilode, with this hit of yours...... hope you wont make 31 single.]

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ogoji(m): 11:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
[quote author=HeavenShield post=39585133]I will advise you pretty well.
There is no reason to worry. The only worry now is to Reason with yourself. hahaha.
Sit down and begin to think concrete about a good home. It is better to take your time so to avoid setting down with the wrong woman. Two things you will need to do.
1. Go back to the roots(mother or Father for advice)
2. Meet a Genuine clergy..
3. Think about the girl you loved while in school..
4. Which girl do you admire most in church..if you don't have a church, start being regular. If you can't go early, it is better you go late.
5. If you are not ready to be offended and accept annoyance, you can't marry(am sorry, but women can be annoying most times.)
6. Train your life to accept marital responsibility.
7. Pray to Jesus..
God Bless you. Wish you the best.

[Best advice to a post i ever read]
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by inthack: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
contact me, I am married with kids, I can give you someone........08160016242
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by AprokoMan: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2015
Captainswag225:
we gave u such a beating that u stored our names in ur empty bloated maggot infested brain.... the mention of our names makes u shake with fear all over.... coward ugly monkey..., smelly skank

seriously..don't make me start posting your ugly pictures now grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Sunnypar(m): 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
inthack:
contact me, I am married with kids, I can give you someone........08160016242
Drop the digits, pin, twitter handle, Facebook or nail address.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Cutehector(m): 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nori:
I know it's your choice but just so you know a lot of guys who are engineers, mathmaticians, basically guys who are in the science field and are also really intelligent may not be so great in written English. Some guys are even to busy to observe punctuation marks and all but it doesn't make them any less of a good man.

There is so much more to a man than his written English. But by all means stick to your standards. Best of luck!
estharfabian read this.. Next time dont judge my punctuation grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
Cutehector:
estharfabian read this.. Next time dont judge my punctuation grin
An Ego massaging comment, that was...lipsrsealed

I won't talk....so, I won't "Yab" You in the process...I'm too modest!cheesy
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Cutehector(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
An Ego massaging comment, that was...lipsrsealed

I won't talk....so, I won't "Yab" You in the process...I'm too modest!cheesy
lol yab me.. Yab me.. Hahaha... You dnt wana go down dat lane wid me in nairand wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peruzzilover Vs TheMeykar On Twitter: "I Opened My Legs For Him Even When Angry" / Young Couple's Pre-wedding Doggy Pose Photo Goes Viral / Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.