Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,544 members, 7,770,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:29 AM

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (53891 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / Should We Be Worried About This Look Tania Omotayo Gave Tekno Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

Sister, many people express themselves more when they speak than when they write.

Hmmmm, valid point Larai I won't argue with that logic.

But me I like and I want both things in place i.e well spoken English & well written English.

It's not like I want access to a man's bank account, just something as simple as good English - it's a huge turn on for me.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Gabrone Gabrone,

You made me laugh with the take your time part of your post.

I lay no claims to being an English expert but when you see small letter i when it should be capital letter I repeatedly, no commas or full stops your head begins to ache and your eyes tear up.

The part about not gravitating towards him is me simply saying as appealing as any man thinks he is with his fine car, job & apartment those things don't necessarily rock a tasteful woman's world.

I still maintain no offence meant at him and none taken from you either. I am more amused than offended

Alright babes. I guess he might have written in a hurry or something.

I got you though. Have a lovely weekend.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Gaborone:

Alright babes. I guess he might have written in a hurry or something.
I got you though. Have a lovely weekend.

Cool, you too.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by cooker: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
your expectation in a woman is high that is why cool
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by gbz123: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Then there are relationships that are eating you up. Probably you are married to your job 100%. Look around your self and work smart.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Gabrone Gabrone,

You made me laugh with the take your time part of your post.

I lay no claims to being an English expert but when you repeatedly see small letter i when it should be capital letter I, no commas or full stops your head begins to ache and your eyes tear up.

The part about not gravitating towards him is me simply saying - as appealing as any man thinks he is with his fine car, job & apartment those things do not necessarily rock a tasteful woman's world.

I still maintain this - no offence meant to him and none taken from you either. I am more amused than offended
sorry to say but you sound kind of shallow with your expectations. Just pray you don't.send a good man packing because of.punctuation marks and unshaved armpit.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nori, let's agree to disagree. Meaning it's okay to have divergent views, desires and all.

Mine may be shallow but real you don't have to nod your head in agreement with me.

There are good men who can adequately satisfy my expectations in the hygiene & grammar department.

I've already met two of them right here on NL and we are building a friendship.

And why do we women always associate a good man with romance & marriage only? Like you alluded to in your post.

Good men are good not only for marriage but genuine friendships that are worthwhile.

6 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by LordReed(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
@sihom

Thank you for your compliment.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
LordReed:
@sihom
Thank you for your compliment.

You are welcome.

You didn't have to acknowledge my honest view of you but that was modest of you.

Are you sure I can't interest you in taking on a second wife?

Just messing around fear not.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by LordReed(m): 6:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

You are welcome.

You didn't have to acknowledge my honest view of you but that was modest of you.

Are you sure I can't interest you in taking on a second wife?

Just messing around fear not.

LoL don't worry my sense of humour is hearty enough.

I had to acknowledge because I was pleasantly surprised; I don't recall if we've ever had an exchange. Anyways good to meet you.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
Nori, let's agree to disagree. Meaning it's okay to have divergent views, desires and all.

Mine may be shallow but real you don't have to nod your head in agreement with me.

There are good men who can adequately satisfy my expectations in the hygiene & grammar department.

I've already met two of them right here on NL and we are building a friendship.

And why do we women always associate a good man with romance & marriage anyway? Like you alluded to in your post.

Good men are good not only for marriage but genuine friendships that are worthwhile.

But how would u know how a guy writes when he approaches u. He might never even have a cause to write to u throughout the entire relationship.

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Bonapart(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
Who serious relationship don help

3 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by weselomo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
either deliverance or join this passenger

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by layinks60: 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
You are under a big spell and ur antidote can be found in heaven.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by donamen(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Its better u remain single cos any woman u marry tomorrow u will still not hv time for her.... You bankers love your job mor than family...
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by MrMcJay(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
You can't realise a family because you are busy building another man's business. There is no greater fool than you.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by kinstunfad: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
I don't think your job is time consuming as mine but I still make time out for my wife to be, it was @ 30yrs that I got serious too. Advise: Stop searching for Miss Perfect and also bring down your standard or criterial for choosing a wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by bettercreature(m): 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
See how ladies plenty on this thread OP send IM to all ladies on this thread
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by osile2012: 6:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
[size=18pt]Your Problem is with your body Language cheesy grin grin grin grin.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by WildChild00(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Sunnypar:

Three things a babe needs.
Time
Money and
Comfort
You have got the last two but do not have the first one cause with the first you get to know the person better and make an informed decision.
You have set high expectations for the would be girl and I think you need to check yourself.
Finally, I would advise you start living below your means (use your leg instead of your car, spend time more in the cinemas when you are free, no showing of your academic or achievements) then you would see the girls that loves you and go for younger girls below 25yrs.
Open your eyes, girls are damn desperate..... Mine left me she is getting married today.

ibabuuuuuu oooh shocked shocked shocked

bros, u for come call me, @ the church service, I will be sitted @ the back and wen the pastor/ officiating ministers would ask " is there anybody in d congregation, who would want this couple not to join together" pls raise ur hand, make I come raise my hand grin

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by fakooblak(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
See me for Prayer.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by safarigirl(f): 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2015
LOL @ "No lady can measure up"....if a lady with OP's CV hsd made same statement about guys, NL men would have skinned her alive and shouted 'menopause' as well as imagined all the pastors she would be visiting soon

OP, maybe you don't measure up in the eyes of the ladies that 'measure up' to your standards because the kind of lady you seem to prefer, isn't moved by your wealth or status.

oga, work on yourself

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by attention007(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Socialize with the 2days you have...add some new friends to your life....might help!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by ManTiger(m): 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
That pretty little young damsel is out their for you. Just pray and she'll come your way.

My intuition tells me you like light-skinned ladies with an average height.

If so, do this tonight:
Buy 4 pieces of candle, light the four and place it in 4 corners of your bed, read ps. 27, 29 31 in a cup of water and at exactly 12noon, sprinkle the water on the 4 walls of your room then rinse your face with the remaining water. Now blow off the candle and sleep. Be watchful of what happened next... your testimony is on the way bro.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation

U don't have sex appeal. grin
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 31, 2015
thecollector:

But how would u know how a guy writes when he approaches u. He might never even have a cause to write to u throughout the entire relationship.

Hi remember I said two things well spoken and written English.

In a scenario like the one you've painted above, I'll pay attention to how he speaks.

Good English for me does not mean a fake British or American accent it means pronunciation of words are correct and sentences are well strung together to be meaningful.

For example - How has your day been? As opposed to how has been your day? The latter will have me silently grinding my teeth.

Will respond to your PM asap.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Malakh: 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

you are a product of indoctrination, when you are concerned about how a guy speaks and write....u go tay for there, gravitate ko levitate ni lol

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by fm25odumoye(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=Smile4mee01 post=39538147]I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up.
U need to go for spiritual deliverance
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by hedonistic: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
Do you live to work or do you work to live? Think about that carefully for a moment.

All you funny people who feel good with yourselves for working like slaves in order to brag about the small flat and tokunbo car you have as a result should take a deep breath and rethink whether you have a life worth being proud of.

#work smart, and enjoy life.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by HRich(m): 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by vodkat: 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

It is either your unpresentable or you have too high taste. best thing is

start with any girl (ugly or fine) ,( Lepa or orobo) gain some experience with those set before you move on to the desired.

But for u to be worrying about woman is bad because most women are liabilities at the end of the day
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
The fault is not in your star,but in yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Young Couple's Pre-wedding Doggy Pose Photo Goes Viral / Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / THE WOOING CHALLENGE 2016 [men Edition] *day 1*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.