Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:00 AM

At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (53892 Views)

I Haven't Had Sex In 9 Months, My Balls Hurt,should I Be Worried?? / My Cousin Says My Thighs Are Fresh, Should I Be Worried About This Statement? / Should We Be Worried About This Look Tania Omotayo Gave Tekno Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by tellwisdom: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Wetin u wan take woman do. All these gurls go finish ur money now, u go come begin beg us for money to pay ur rent sad

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
LordReed:

LoL don't worry my sense of humour is hearty enough.
I had to acknowledge because I was pleasantly surprised; I don't recall if we've ever had an exchange. Anyways good to meet you.

I read a lot of different threads and posts on NL for fun & information.

That's how you caught my eye with the good English thing, you and a host of others like Bukatyne, Cococandy, Coogar etc.

Coogar could do with a mouth wash though jeez the guy can sha insult ooo.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
Grammar woman what made you single at 42?
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

9 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by kinibigdeal(m): 6:59pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing is wrong with you, as far as am concern. A guy can marry at any age when u feel you are ready
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by charlester(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Look for any pretty lady that comes in the bank for transactions and get her no. or their numbers
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by valeno(m): 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Una ask Op,weda na broom em get or na ROD.Dm gahs likes it big.dat1 folo
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
You shouldn't be worried! I'm 36 and still searching!

3 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by gabicon: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2015
The answer is simple you are a slave to your job, you need to draw the line between hard work and your job owning you. The sooner you strike the balance the better cos the higher you go the more time will demand of you.

Cheer's mate

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by notjohndoe: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Hi remember I said two things well spoken and written English.

In a scenario like the one you've painted above, I'll pay attention to how he speaks.

Good English for me does not mean a fake British or American accent it means pronunciation of words are correct and sentences are well strung together to be meaningful.

For example - How has your day been? As opposed to how has been your day? The latter will have me silently grinding my teeth.

Will respond to your PM asap.

I don't know what tribal extraction you are of, but if you are a Yoruba, then I know quite a few good speakers and writers who wouldn't make the cut with you. It won't be because they don't measure up but because they will rather address u in Yoruba than speak English.

7 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2015
Truluvguy:
Grammar woman what made you single at 42?

Trust Nairaland men with attitude and attacks when they don't like your point of view as a woman whether single or married.

Truluvguy, where did you hear that I am 42 years old? Abeg free me ooo, while I have no qualms with aging and I am always upfront about my age PLEASE don't speed up my age just yet.

At Malakh,

Bros having standards and desiring something good, is not a crime abeg make I just tay for house at least na my rented house no be my papa own or your own na abi?

4 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by flokii: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation

Mr. man do you want my advice..

wait first make I do.... hmmmmn

ok now... try to go to places where you'll find girls
you could go to d mall, where female corpers do visit... things like dat
you could drive down to Unilag (if you are in Lagos) or other institutions close to you... they are there plenty
omo yapa.. jst toast and get along well..

by december we shld be getting I.V grin

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Euckybaby(f): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Gabrone Gabrone,

You made me laugh with the take your time part of your post.

I lay no claims to being an English expert but when you repeatedly see small letter i when it should be capital letter I, no commas or full stops your head begins to ache and your eyes tear up.

The part about not gravitating towards him is me simply saying - as appealing as any man thinks he is with his fine car, job & apartment those things do not necessarily rock a tasteful woman's world.

I still maintain this - no offence meant to him and none taken from you either. I am more amused than offended
Madam GST 111 Use of English i salute you o

4 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by IYANGBALI: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2015
you just only 31 now,haba you are still very young now,don't forget that libegins at forty,so no cause for alarm,you should only be worried when you get to 51
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:
I am a little depressed now. i came here to seek counsel. i am 31 yr old male, works in a bank. have my own apartment and car, Quite comfortable. i am not and never have been in a very serious relationship. the few ones i tried never just works out. most times the ladies dont measure up, the few ones that did measure up were so much in a hurry to marry (maybe because they were older than i was sha)

my friends too wonder, they say with my status ladies should be all over me. they say i dont take them serious. i am not gay and wil never be.

i agree my job leaves me little room to go out because i work almost every day. in fact in a whole month i have just 2 free weekends. 2 days out of which i still go to work.

is there something i can do to be in a healthy relationship. i desire to have a balance.

Thanks in anticipation
as far as you are a man, there is nothing wrong for you to be single at that age. At least you can even pregnant a woman even at the age of 90. Our WOMEN of NOWADYs are animals undecided

Did you want to enter a relationship with animals and don't have rest of mind for the remaining days of your life? undecided

Live life the fullness and forget marrying with a NAIJA WOMEN, cos NOWADYs! You will be hearing a woman smash her husband testicles, WOMAN pour boiling water mix with pepper on husband body, WOMAN cut husband peni s, WOMAN KILL husband with a bottle.

You don't want to see this things happening to you, do you?

And you know that our NAIJA WOMEN ARE the most mentally unstable people on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by niggi4life(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
lolaxavier:
Guy relax, you are just 31. I'll be 34 in few days and I still don't plan to settle down for now. I have a target to do that in the next two years. The most important thing is for you to have plan and be focused. The right person will show up when you are 100% sure you are ready.
God bless you, you have said it all!!!
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Blackberrybabes: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nothing wrong with you.. . try your Church or Mosque
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Originalsly: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
As I get it...you spend most of your time at work. What about your female workers who also ehmmm.... live at the bank? You guys would be spending sooo much time together at work that you would know each other very well by now. Don't you socialize at work? You must have a liking for at least one co worker. Why not try taking her out? You need not look far and wide for that special someone when you may have them right under your nose. But be sure of what you really want....a wife or a showgirl.

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Chubhie: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
There are no ready made or perfect fit in the market. All you need is a willing raw material with a teachable spirit to work with.

You will need to quit your banking job and look for something that gives you time flexibility and freedom. Of what use is all the money when you don't even have the time to enjoy it?

With your banking experience and contacts you should be smart enough to reason out something for yourself. Maybe business partnership or floating your own company.

It all depends on what you really want in a relationship. Relationship takes time,resources,energy to nurture. For your safety, I recommend you don't do trial by error when dealing with ladies--- it is time wasting. If you are a good person with principles met with principled married folks and ask them to recommend.

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Malakh: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

Trust Nairaland men with attitude and attacks when they don't like your point of view as a woman whether single or married.

Truluvguy, where did you hear that I am 42 years old? Abeg free me ooo, while I have no qualms with aging and I am always upfront about my age PLEASE don't speed up my age just yet.

At Malakh,

Bros having standards and desiring something good, is not a crime abeg make I just tay for house at least na my rented house no be my papa own or your own na abi?
your supposed standards still stems from western indoctrination...educated fools comes to mind....script says the way/thoughts/ideologies of a fool is right in his/her own eyes...u r on a long thing in that rented apt. grin

3 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by attah38(m): 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2015
Do you know how to kpekus ladies?

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by gejubongudofia: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
START BY DOING WHAT’S POSSIBLE BY PARTAKING ON THE CALABAR CARNIVAL BUMPER RAFFLE TICKET DRAW…. WITH JUST 300 NAIRA YOU CAN BE ONE OF THE 111 WINNERS THIS SUNDAY @ CALABAR MUNICIPALITY COUNCIL . JUST CLICK ON http://www.carnivalbumper.com/ticket.php .
YOU CAN ALSO VIEW LIVE ON SUNDAY VIA : http://www.carnivalbumper.com

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by madjune(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hang out at Alade market on Allen avenue and pretend you're buying soup tinz as a bachelor.

You will see sisters that will give you green light.

Worse still, you can sign up on badoo.com.

This should work for you. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Bugatie(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:

You are welcome.

You didn't have to acknowledge my honest view of you but that was modest of you.

Are you sure I can't interest you in taking on a second wife?

Just messing around fear not.

You're codedly "gravitating" towards another woman's husband abi.
embarassed
Be guided

2 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Bugatie(m): 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2015
donamen:
Its better u remain single cos any woman u marry tomorrow u will still not hv time for her.... You bankers love your job mor than family...

Your last sentence is very funny, so you think he(and other bankers) go to work very early and come back late cos they chose to? Na wa for some people o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by macho44(m): 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation
Ur problem is that ur "CONJI" level is very low, I have prepared the ultimate mixture to make u more daring than a "Billy-Goat" just visit www.dollarvista.com
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
mioltai:
The reason y u aint in a serious relationship is bcuz u lukn fr the perfect girl bro.if its nt her height datz an issue, its her complexion,behaviour or educational background.there is no such thing as a perfect lady u av to accept that and move foward.im very sure a lot of ladies out there are angling for u to notice them.u av just set the bar too high
so he should just go to the street and carry any ladies without knowing her past and examining her if she is compatible or not undecided

I found your statement very funny undecided
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by deltateam: 7:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
osile2012:
[size=18pt]Your Problem is with your body Language cheesy grin grin grin grin.[/size]

Abi nah body odour?

1 Like

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Mskrisx(f): 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
Smile4mee01:

Thanks in anticipation

Bro in life we can only Again and again...I tell you u' d surely get that one person that makes u feel and see how beautiful it is to be in true friendship. .. smiley
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by kaboninc(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

You quoted OP's post without saying anything at the end of it. Lol - sleep still dey catch you this morning?

At OP,

Check out a thread in the romance section titled ''If You Are 30+ and Single Let's Talk''. I think it might help.

Siamia a lady authored the thread and a WhatsApp chat group was created to enhance healthy friendships & romantic relationships in a safe, secure and be your brother's keeper kind of way.

Siamia vouches that members are authentic & sincere, well truth is she only said that about the men I don't know about my gender.

Read the thread first (the few pages you can) and then decide if you want to join the chat group and see where that leads to. No pressure ooo abeg just keep an open mind and explore the possibilities of friendships first.

Only tasteless and classless women will be all over you because of your job, apartment and car. Tasteful women with class (like moi wink ) will be more concerned with your manners, personal hygiene & grooming then your overall comportment as a man.

Me - I'm a sucker for

1. Neat men with shaved armpits, clean underwear and surroundings. That your apartment won't count if its messy & untidy.

2. Well spoken & written English which reveals a depth of intelligence (like that dude LordReed I am electronically attracted to him just for his written English too bad he's married).

3. Courteous & well mannered men amongst other things like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No offence meant bro, but I ain't really feeling your written English enough to gravitate towards you as a woman. It's good but could be better with punctuation marks where necessary. Just saying no offence meant.

Looooolllzzzz

Well, he haveee fail ya numero 2.

Maybe when you get to meet him, he opens his arm for you to see a clean shave, he's got a wardrobe full of clean, neatly arranged undies and really nice, cozy and well-ordered apartment, won't you still warm up to him?

And to add to it, you find out that he is well-mannered, properly groomed and courteous....wont yu hargree?

Madam sweet 'everything must gel'?

Lol.
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by hustla(m): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

At OP,

Me - I'm a sucker for

Fallacy!

Well written and spoken English is never a measure of intelligence - It just has to do with your own belief system - FFS English isnt even a Nigerian local language, so why the 'obsession?'

How do you explain the Chinese and Russians who have arguably the best defense systems in the world but most of them can barely piece 1 or 2 English sentences together?
The Chinese and Russian hackers who can bring down and infiltrate systems across borders ; believe me when I tell you it takes a high level of intelligence to do that.

Last Bullet - Who English don help?

Se iyen ni maami ma je? undecided

14 Likes

Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by thundafire: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2015
well check some gals especially LADY F nd INTROVERT cs dy re searching nd nt bothered with any bobo dts y dy can comment 1st in all threads
Re: At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
sihom:
At Grahyt,

At OP,

Me - I'm a sucker for

I know a monster when I see one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Young Couple's Pre-wedding Doggy Pose Photo Goes Viral / Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? / THE WOOING CHALLENGE 2016 [men Edition] *day 1*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.