Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,286 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (85824 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 1:44pm On May 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigerian Talents To Return To Liverpool For Further Assessment
[/size]

English Premier League side Liverpool have invited promising Nigerian teenagers Jacob Njoku, Chidera Ejike, Charles Ezeh and Suleiman Muhammad for further trials with a view to offering them contracts.
The Gee Lec Football Academy youngsters and ex-Porto youth-teamer Njoku trained with the youth team of the Anfield side earlier this month but a decision on whether the quartet will wear the jersey of The Reds has been delayed.
“Liverpool said they are going to invite them again in future to play for the youth team in competitions and matches before taking a decision, ” the players’ intermediary Babawo Mohammed tolda llnigeriasoccer.com.
“No date has been fixed for their next trip. They said they will get back to us because they don’t want the players to travel to England during the winter.”
Five players with Nigerian roots Sheyi Ojo, Jordon Ibe, Tiago Ilori, Taiwo Awoniyi and Ovie Ejaria are presently on the books of Liverpool and that number would increase in future if the teenagers from Jos are offered deals.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19229
[/b]

**Modified**

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2016
Uhmmm.... Sir Blackalbino6.... Wetin happen naa?
This is U-17 news naa.... on an U-20 thread wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: MUSA YAHAYA IN THREE WAY TRANSFER FROM SPURS TO FC PORTO
[/size]

According to leaks gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal reportedly worth £500,000 for the transfer of Musa Yahaya to Portuguese second division side Portimonense.

Portimonense we also gathered have already concluded talks with top Portuguese side FC Porto regarding the transfer of the 18 year old this summer.

Yahaya spent the second half of last season on loan at Portimonense and towards the end of the season, the club announced they have secured him on a five year deal but his intermediary Babawo Mohammed denied the deal.

Owngoalnigeria.com sort to have his view on the recent news of his impending sale to FC Porto by his former loan side Portimonense but just like when he denied he has been bought over permanently, he once again denied knowledge of his client transfer to FC Porto.

“Am hearing this for the first time, am yet to be contacted by anybody regarding Musa Yahaya and just like I told you few months ago, to the best of my knowledge he is still a player of Tottenham Hotspur” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

He however promised to keep us informed about any development regarding Yahaya’s future with Spurs.

*Rasheed Michael
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/01/exclusive-musa-yahaya-in-three-way-transfer-from-spurs-to-fc-porto/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ARSENAL TARGET CHUKWUEZE FIRES BRACE IN FLYING EAGLES BIG WIN OVER SHEKARAU BABES
[/size]

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria warmed up for their upcoming Africa Youth Championship qualifiers game against Burundi with a resounding 5-0 win over Nigeria National League side Shekarau Babes.

Arsenal target Samuel Chukwueze stole the show scoring a brace with further goals from Chinedu Madueke,Orji Okonkwo and Kehinde Ayinde completing the rout.

Chukwueze is reportedly still in talks with Arsenal with manager Arsene Wenger confirming talks are on regarding the transfer of the 17 year old and his Nigeria U-17 teammate Kelechi Nwakali to the Premiership side although some other news sources are claiming the deal is done.

Coach Emmanuel Amuneke after the game charged his wards not to be carried away by the result of the friendly game ahead of their game against Burundi on the 11th of June.

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria will take on their counterparts from Burundi in Calabar in ten days time after winning the first leg tie 1-0 in Bujumbura.

We gathered they will depart for Calabar, venue of the game on Sunday from their camp in Abuja.

*Ahmed Ishaya
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/01/arsenal-target-chukwueze-fires-brace-in-flying-eagles-big-win-over-shekarau-babes/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: MUSA YAHAYA IN THREE WAY TRANSFER FROM SPURS TO FC PORTO
[/size]

According to leaks gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal reportedly worth £500,000 for the transfer of Musa Yahaya to Portuguese second division side Portimonense.

Portimonense we also gathered have already concluded talks with top Portuguese side FC Porto regarding the transfer of the 18 year old this summer.

Yahaya spent the second half of last season on loan at Portimonense and towards the end of the season, the club announced they have secured him on a five year deal but his intermediary Babawo Mohammed denied the deal.

Owngoalnigeria.com sort to have his view on the recent news of his impending sale to FC Porto by his former loan side Portimonense but just like when he denied he has been bought over permanently, he once again denied knowledge of his client transfer to FC Porto.

“Am hearing this for the first time, am yet to be contacted by anybody regarding Musa Yahaya and just like I told you few months ago, to the best of my knowledge he is still a player of Tottenham Hotspur” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

He however promised to keep us informed about any development regarding Yahaya’s future with Spurs.

*Rasheed Michael
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/01/exclusive-musa-yahaya-in-three-way-transfer-from-spurs-to-fc-porto/
[/b]

Babawo Mohammed, I am begging you. If there is a chance of FC Porto to sign Yahaya from Portimonense, secure the deal. I beg.

He will have an easier path into the first team of Porto than at Tottenham with their work permit stress.

Enquire if FC Porto wants Yahaya and seal the deal through Portimonense.

<<<Screams on the top of my voice. "I beg, I beg, I beeeg.">>>

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
[img]http://1.bp..com/-wBwtmu-8vDc/Td4D8OMzvnI/AAAAAAAAAEs/F5HeYDK2dAs/s320/shouting.jpg[/img]

Follows the Sir Goodjoe's cue..... "Yes ooo, I beg... I beeegg ooo"

**picks up a handheld megaphone/speaker**

"Plsssssssss...... Yahaya is another special Pearl of ours oooo.... no dull ooooo... if Porto want am.... then do the needful oooo"

TheGoodJoe:

Babawo Mohammed, I am begging you. If there is a chance of FC Porto to sign Yahaya from Portimonense, secure the deal. I beg.

He will have an easier path into the first team of Porto than at Tottenham with their work permit stress.

Enquire if FC Porto wants Yahaya and seal the deal through Portimonense.

<<<Screams on the top of my voice. "I beg, I beg, I beeeg.">>>

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Napoleon55(m): 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-wBwtmu-8vDc/Td4D8OMzvnI/AAAAAAAAAEs/F5HeYDK2dAs/s320/shouting.jpg[/img]

Follows the Sir Goodjoe's cue..... "Yes ooo, I beg... I beeegg ooo"

**picks up a handheld megaphone/speaker**

"Plsssssssss...... Yahaya is another special Pearl of ours oooo.... no dull ooooo... if Porto want am.... then do the needful oooo"

I follow suit

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39am On Jun 03, 2016
Sir TheGoodJoe, Sir Napoleon55 et al..... hehehehehe. Dem don hear us.... wink

I saw the great news since late last night but was kinda too busy to share....
.................................................................................................

OFFICIAL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MUSA YAHAYA JOINS FC PORTO

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com yesterday (June 1st) Nigeria Youth International Musa Yahaya has officially join FC Porto on a five year deal.

A check on the Transfer Matching System (TMS) confirmed that his transfer to FC Porto was concluded today and entered into the FIFA tracker for transfers.

The deal is reportedly worth €650,000 but could rise to €1m if the 18 year old prove to be a hit with the team in the future.

Yahaya was signed from Portuguese second division side Portimonense who bought him for a fee reportedly worth £500,000 from Tottenham Hotspur before the end of his loan spell last season.

However the 18 year old won’t be joining Chidozie Awaziem in the first team of FC Porto yet as he is expected to start the season with the B team before he making the step up to the main team.

Date of news article: June 02, 2016.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/02/official-musa-yahaya-joins-fc-porto/

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Sir TheGoodJoe, Sir Napoleon55 et al..... hehehehehe. Dem don hear us.... wink

I saw the great news since late last night but was kinda too busy to share....
.................................................................................................

OFFICIAL: TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR MUSA YAHAYA JOINS FC PORTO

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com yesterday (June 1st) Nigeria Youth International Musa Yahaya has officially join FC Porto on a five year deal.

A check on the Transfer Matching System (TMS) confirmed that his transfer to FC Porto was concluded today and entered into the FIFA tracker for transfers.

The deal is reportedly worth €650,000 but could rise to €1m if the 18 year old prove to be a hit with the team in the future.

Yahaya was signed from Portuguese second division side Portimonense who bought him for a fee reportedly worth £500,000 from Tottenham Hotspur before the end of his loan spell last season.

However the 18 year old won’t be joining Chidozie Awaziem in the first team of FC Porto yet as he is expected to start the season with the B team before he making the step up to the main team.

Date of news article: June 02, 2016.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/02/official-musa-yahaya-joins-fc-porto/

This is a very fantastic news and a good one from Babawo Mohammed. A great news for Yahaya and a big one for Nigeria.

Wish the young man the best. FC Porto just landed themselves a brilliant player. I do not see Yahaya taking long to breakthrough because he is a perfect match for FC Porto.

Good one.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 10:56am On Jun 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Tottenham Hotspur To Pocket 650,000 Pounds From Transfer Of Yahaya To Porto, Agent Reveals
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Musa Yahaya has joined Portuguese Primeira Liga powerhouse FC Porto from Portimonense S.C, according to his intermediary Babawo Mohammed.

The exciting winger began his professional career with Portimonense, joining the club in the January transfer window after failing to secure a work permit that would have enabled him represent Tottenham Hotspur in England.

“I can confirm that Musa Yahaya has signed a five-year deal with Porto and the transfer fee is 650,000 pounds, ” said Babawo Mohammed to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked which club will pocket the transfer fee, Babawo replied : “Tottenham Hotspur.”

A product of Mutunchi Academy, Musa Yahaya scored a goal in the 12 matches he played for Portimonense in the second half of last season.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19290
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:05am On Jun 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ONAZI GATECRASH FLYING EAGLES TRAINING
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/02/onazi-gatecrash-flying-eagles-training/[/img]
Super Eagles and Lazio midfielder Eddy Onazi paid a surprise visit to the Flying Eagles during their morning training session ahead of their return leg tie against Burundi.

Onazi’s presence brought the training to a premature end as players of the team rushed to have photograph with the Super Eagles vice captain.

A group photograph was later taken with the 24 year old who 48 hours ago captained the Super Eagles to a 3-1 win over Luxembourg in the absence of Mikel Obi and Ahmed Musa.

The Lazio man played at the U-17 level for Nigeria in 2009 before making the step up to the main team where he has remained a main stay in the team since 2013.

His presence will galvanise the morale of the team ahead of their game in Calabar against Burundi as they push for qualification for next year Africa Youth Championship which will take place in Zambia.

Nigeria are defending champions of the tournament after winning the last edition in Senegal and the present team is made up of players from the Nigeria U-17 team that won the last world cup in Chile.
*Ahmed Ishaya
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/02/onazi-gatecrash-flying-eagles-training/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
Thanks Goodness!!! They didn't report something negative about Yahaya's transfer.

Allnigeria is a good news site for results and performance updates of our players abroad BUT WHEN IT COMES TO TRANSFER NEWS... CHAIII....often than not they are usually false or negative.

I still dey watch them shaa.. wink

BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Tottenham Hotspur To Pocket 650,000 Pounds From Transfer Of Yahaya To Porto, Agent Reveals
[/size]

Nigeria U23 international Musa Yahaya has joined Portuguese Primeira Liga powerhouse FC Porto from Portimonense S.C, according to his intermediary Babawo Mohammed.

The exciting winger began his professional career with Portimonense, joining the club in the January transfer window after failing to secure a work permit that would have enabled him represent Tottenham Hotspur in England.

“I can confirm that Musa Yahaya has signed a five-year deal with Porto and the transfer fee is 650,000 pounds, ” said Babawo Mohammed to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked which club will pocket the transfer fee, Babawo replied : “Tottenham Hotspur.”

A product of Mutunchi Academy, Musa Yahaya scored a goal in the 12 matches he played for Portimonense in the second half of last season.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19290
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Can't wait for this kid to begin showing his super stuffs at Arsenal.... A kid who announced himself to the world with that sublime freekick against Mexico and with all-round midfield bossing displays at Chile 2015. He is, to me, Nigeria's next Midfield General after Mikel Obi leaves the scene.... watch out! The other midfielders we have now from his generation of 2015 and the class of 2013 and others that have popped up so far within same period are all super lieutenants and Colonels.... Lol... wink wink
...................................................................................................

Flying Eagles Duties Delaying Kelechi Nwakali Proposed Move To Arsenal

Allwell Nwakali has provided an update on the transfer situation of his younger brother, Nigeria U20s skipper Kelechi Nwakali, who is expected to formalize his switch to Arsenal this month after attaining the age of majority.

The ASJ/Diamond Academy midfielder clocks 18 on Sunday, June 5th but can’t travel to London to put pen to paper on a five-year contract with the Gunners because of the upcoming Africa U20 Cup of Nations qualifier against Burundi on June 11.

“If not for the Flying Eagles assignment, we would have been in the United Kingdom now, Arsenal have already sent Kelechi and his mother an invitation, ” agent Allwell Nwakali told allnigeriasoccer.com .

“We will travel after the second leg against Burundi and come back before the next round against Sudan. We can finish up the deal in one or two weeks.”

Allwell Nwakali added : “As the captain of the team, Kelechi is very important and coach Amuneke won’t allow him leave without the team qualifying for the Africa U20 Cup of Nations.

“Arsenal are aware he is with the national team and the plan is that he will do pre-season with them after the Flying Eagles matches. ”

Prior to his imminent move to Arsenal, the Golden Ball winner of the 2015 Fifa U17 World Cup was on the radar of Manchester City, Chelsea and West Ham.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19292

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Arsenal target Chukwueze may now head to Porto

There are very strong indications that Nigeria U20 star Samuel Chukwueze will head to Portuguese giants FC Porto after a proposed move to Arsenal may have all but collapsed.

Chukwueze was to have joined Arsenal along with Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali, but it now seems the deal fell through.

And now the most likely destination for the former Nigeria U17 star forward is Porto.

“Chukwueze has an offer from Porto and the only thing holding this up is the Flying Eagles qualification for the U20 AFCON. Once this is achieved, he will be released to join the Portuguese club,” a top source told AfricanFootball.com

It would be recalled that he was also at a point close to signing for top Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg.
Dashing right winger Chukwueze has been in blistering form the Flying Eagles.

He has scored braces in two straight test games involving the team this week.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=629969
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Arsenal target Chukwueze may now head to Porto

There are very strong indications that Nigeria U20 star Samuel Chukwueze will head to Portuguese giants FC Porto after a proposed move to Arsenal may have all but collapsed.

Chukwueze was to have joined Arsenal along with Flying Eagles skipper Kelechi Nwakali, but it now seems the deal fell through.

And now the most likely destination for the former Nigeria U17 star forward is Porto.

“Chukwueze has an offer from Porto and the only thing holding this up is the Flying Eagles qualification for the U20 AFCON. Once this is achieved, he will be released to join the Portuguese club,” a top source told AfricanFootball.com

It would be recalled that he was also at a point close to signing for top Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg.
Dashing right winger Chukwueze has been in blistering form the Flying Eagles.

He has scored braces in two straight test games involving the team this week.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/mobi/mobi.php?page=article&ID=629969

Chukwueze should not fight too much for Arsenal. If there is a chance of him joining Porto, he should jump on it. Starting his career is very important and Porto are good at grooming youngsters.

Wish the young man the best

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Versatile Nigerian Defender Tariq Ossai Signs New Deal With Crystal Palace
[/size]

With a statement published on their official website, English Premier League side Crystal Palace have announced that Nigerian defender Tariq Ossai has been offered a scholarship ahead of next season.

Ossai was one of the sixteen players in the ranks of The Eagles that signed new scholarships, having appeared for the academy side during the 2015-16 season.

The teenager is a defensive all-rounder as he can play different roles in defense including right fullback, left fullback and center back.

Tariq Ossai was named Man of the Match on December 5, 2015 as Crystal Palace U18s beat Ipswich Town 1-0 in the U18 Professional Development League 2.

He will play for the U18 team of the Londoners next term.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19302
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2016
Nigerian team beat Real Madrid U18s to win trophy

Abuja Football College have defeated Real Madrid U18s 3-1 in the final of the Ramljak Tournament in Zagreb, Croatia.

The Nigerian football academy’s goals were scored by Sulaiman Abdullahi and Gideon Etemarigo as well as an own goal.

To reach the epic final, Abuja Football College drew 2-2 with Copenhagen, beat Hadjuk Split 3-1, stopped Sarajevo 3-0.

Abuja Football College has produced several exciting talents including the AS Roma pair of Sadiq Umar and Nura Abdullahi as well as the Flying Eagles forwards Kingsley Michael and Orji Okonkwo.

They have more than 25 players farmed out across Europe currently.

Source: http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/06/nigerian-team-beat-real-madrid-u18s-to.html?m=1

Owngoalnigeria also reports this, Check it here:

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/06/abuja-academy-beat-real-madrid-to-win-mladen-ramljak-cup-top-striker-wins-golden-boot-and-mvp/

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
[b][size=14pt]

Flying Eagles arrive Calabar as they prepare for Burundi clash

Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

Nigeria’s U-20 team on Sunday flew into Calabar, capital of Cross River State to intensify preparations for Saturday’s 2017 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations second leg qualifying match against the Young Swallows of Burundi.

Coach Emmanuel Amuneke led a group of 25 players and three officials into Canaan City of Calabar for their return leg match after beating the Young Swallows 1-0 in Bujumbura two weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Chile 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup bronze ball winner Samuel Chukwueze has continued in fine form in friendly matches ahead of the clash, causing serious havoc to opposition defence –lines.

Just two days after his brace helped the Flying Eagles demolish Nigeria National League side, Shekarau Babes FC in a friendly match played on the artificial pitch of the FIFA Goal Project in Abuja, the winger was again at his imperious best netting twice in the second half as the Emmanuel Amuneke tutored side saw off Amakson Football Academy 3-0 in another friendly match at the weekend at the same venue.

The galloping winger was at his usual slippery best all through the entertaining affair and received huge applause from the crowd, among them players of the National U-17 team currently in Abuja for a screening exercise supervised by team Coach Manu Garba.

Another winger, Orji Okonkwo added the third and final goal, just as he did against Shekarau Babes when he scored the fifth and final goal of the match to see off the Kano based NNL side. Amakson Football Academy pride itself as a hard nut to crack for National Teams, having had decent results against the U-17, U-20 and U-23 teams in the past. Friday’s bashing however, did not come as a surprise to fans and the proprietor of the academy, who admitted after the game that his boys lost to a very good team with great potentialities.

The UJ Esuene Stadium, which has played host to several Super Eagles and Golden Eaglets’ international matches over the past few years, will host this weekend’s clash between the Flying Eagles and the Young Swallows. The winner on aggregate will reach the final round of the qualification series for the 2017 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations, where Sudan will be the opposition.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/06/flying-eagles-arrive-calabar-as-they.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:40am On Jun 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria, Sweden & Italy Set To Battle Over International Future Of Juventus Slayer Emmanuel Ekong
Published: June 07, 2016
[/size]

Retired Nigeria international Prince Ikpe Ekong has spoken about the international future of his son, the highly-rated IF Brommapojkarna striker Emmanuel Ekong.

Born in Italy on June 25, 2002, Ekong is eligible to represent the national teams of Nigeria, Sweden and his country of birth, but his dad is still mulling over the country he will play for in future.

The teenager is one of the promising youngsters in Sweden and recently put himself in the spotlight by scoring a brace against mighty Juventus in a tournament.

“I can’t guarantee that he (Emmanuel) will play for Nigeria for now, he can also represent Sweden and was born in Italy, ” Prince Ikpe Ekong told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Brommapojkarna got him two years ago. Also they drive him 40km to training and back home, training kits free, flight tickets and expensive hotels free, and they have a deal with my academy to bring players every year.

“Through him other kids have opportunities, this year I am bringing a 10-year-old to Sweden because of him, my son. I have 3 talents again apart from him.”

Emmanuel Ekong was voted the best striker at the tournament which ended in Italy on Sunday and his team Brommapojkarna were the only team that could beat Juventus amongst 36 teams that participated, thanks to his goals.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19345

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:43am On Jun 11, 2016
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Ligue 1 2015/2016 Arsenal
Chukwueze's academy reject Monaco million Euros offer
[/size]
Tuesday Jun 07, 2016. 11:59 AfricanFootball.com can reveal today that the academy of Samuel Chukwueze have turned down an offer for the Flying Eagles forward from top French Ligue 1 Monaco that could rise to as much as a million Euros.

Monaco have joined FC Porto in the hot chase for the highly-rated Arsenal target.

“The player’s academy, Diamond Academy, have turned down the Monaco offer,” a top source informed AfricanFootball.com

“They say it is not good enough as it does not meet their own valuation of the player.”

However, it is believed that the agent who presented the offer could soon table an improved bid to the academy.

Arsenal were ready to splash more than 2 million pounds for Chukwueze before they went cold on the deal.

africanfootball.com/news/630429/Chukwueze-s-academy-reject-Monaco-million-Euros-offer
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:46am On Jun 11, 2016
[size=14pt]
Ex-Golden Eaglets Target Jason Akiotu Offered New Deal By Crystal Palace
[/size]

Former Golden Eaglets target Jason Akiotu has been offered a new contract by Crystal Palace, the Premier League announced on Friday afternoon.

The future of the wing-back was previously up in the air, and he did not want to put all his eggs into one basket, training with Leicester City in April just in case he was declared surplus to requirements by the Eagles at the end of last season.

Born in London on March 3rd 1998, Jason Akiotu has been with Crystal Palace for about eight years.

The teenager appeared for the U18 team of Crystal Palace last season and played few games for The Foxes Development squad.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19388

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:54am On Jun 11, 2016
[size=14pt]
Nigeria U20s To Wear Black Armbands On Saturday In Honour Of Ex-Coach Keshi
[/size]

The Flying Eagles will be wearing black armbands when they take on the Young Swallows of Burundi on Saturday afternoon in Calabar, after the death of former Nigeria skipper Stephen Keshi.

As a mark of respect for the former Anderlecht of Belgium central defender, the Nigeria U20s wore black armbands during Wednesday’s scrimmage against UNICEM Rovers.

Stephen Keshi was coach of the Flying Eagles at the 2001 African Youth Championship in Ethiopia but the squad parading the likes of Christian Obodo and Bartholomew Ogbeche could not progress to the knock out rounds of the tournament.

Kelechi Nwakali has vowed that the present team will beat Burundi in the second leg as their parting gift.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19378

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:17am On Jun 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U-2O AFCON qualifier: Flying Eagles plot Burundi’s fall in Calabar
Posted By: Ifeanyi Eduzor
[/size]
Nigeria’s U-20 team, the Flying Eagles will this afternoon at the U.J Esuene Stadium, Calabar host Young Swallows of Burundi in the second round, second leg game of the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations qualifier

When both teams met two weeks ago at the Stade Prince Louis Rwagasore, Bujumbura, the Coach Emmanuel Amuneke led side defeated their host 1-0 giving the Nigerians hope of qualifying for the next round of the competition.

It is expected that the reigning African U-20 champions made up of mostly players that won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile last year, will have an easy game against their East African deopponents but Coach Amuneke has warned they are not going to underrate their opponents.

“We are going into this match with all seriousness it deserves because we want to win convincingly and move to the final round of the qualifiers.

“It is true that we won the first leg in Bujumbura, but the East Africans are capable of scoring against us here in Calabar and that is the reason why I have told my players to approach the game with all seriousness it deserves”, he said after his team were forced to a 1-1 draw by Unicem Rovers in a warm up match.
nationalmirroronline.net/new/u-2o-afcon-qualifier-flying-eagles-plot-burundis-fall-in-calabar/

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by oloriooko(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
Time for the game this aftnoon?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by leonbob: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
Update on match pls
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by leonbob: 2:36pm On Jun 11, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
U-2O AFCON qualifier: Flying Eagles plot Burundi’s fall in Calabar
Posted By: Ifeanyi Eduzor
[/size]
Nigeria’s U-20 team, the Flying Eagles will this afternoon at the U.J Esuene Stadium, Calabar host Young Swallows of Burundi in the second round, second leg game of the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations qualifier

When both teams met two weeks ago at the Stade Prince Louis Rwagasore, Bujumbura, the Coach Emmanuel Amuneke led side defeated their host 1-0 giving the Nigerians hope of qualifying for the next round of the competition.

It is expected that the reigning African U-20 champions made up of mostly players that won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile last year, will have an easy game against their East African deopponents but Coach Amuneke has warned they are not going to underrate their opponents.

“We are going into this match with all seriousness it deserves because we want to win convincingly and move to the final round of the qualifiers.

“It is true that we won the first leg in Bujumbura, but the East Africans are capable of scoring against us here in Calabar and that is the reason why I have told my players to approach the game with all seriousness it deserves”, he said after his team were forced to a 1-1 draw by Unicem Rovers in a warm up match.
nationalmirroronline.net/new/u-2o-afcon-qualifier-flying-eagles-plot-burundis-fall-in-calabar/

[/b]
Update on match pls

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by oloriooko(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2016
leonbob:

Update on match pls
Nig 2 Bur 0 83'
Osimhen and Nwakali goal scorers

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by oloriooko(m): 5:57pm On Jun 11, 2016
The NFF ‏@thenff
88' Goal. Ndikumana Magloire gets one for the Young Swallows. Nigeria 2-1 Burundi (Agg.3-1) #NGABUR #U20AfconQ
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by oloriooko(m): 6:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
The NFF ‏@thenff
FT Nigeria 2-1 Burundi (Agg.3-1) #NGABUR #U20AfconQ Flying Eagles through to final round.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by leonbob: 6:03pm On Jun 11, 2016
oloriooko:

Nig 2 Bur 0 83'
Osimhen and Nwakali goal scorers
Thanks bro the update
So Nigeria has qualified for next round
Bravo Amunike and lads

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Fingering Marcelo As They Celebrate Against Valencia / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.