Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,232 members, 7,811,648 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (28023 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Fuel Scarcity: FG Prioritizes Products Distribution / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by cirmuell(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
richidinho:

lol...wiseman by December you are 42, if you know what i mean
I should have known I was rapping with a drunk. embarassed
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by richidinho(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
cirmuell:
I should have know I was rapping with a drunk. embarassed
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by double0seven(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
oake:

You de show urself abi? Wetin concern GEJ concern the common sense when dis man de talk? Are you living in the past? Why destroy illegal refineries if you can set up agencies to regulate and collect taxes. What's more, you ease the acute fuel situation and create employment for the teeming masses by so doing. Use ur common sense bro, though it's not common!

You guys can be funny. What sort of refineries do you think we are talking about here? State of the art? These are very crude refineries that use very crude methods. Their products will definitely be damaging to engines and machineries in short to medium run.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by cirmuell(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
richidinho:
mumu put the 'n' na grin, too dumb to know that was a mistake? You're still a drunk sha!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by MIM77(m): 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
How can a law maker call for the legalization of illegality, cant he bring something better to the table?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 1:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
StarMogul:
Bros u funny ohhh,now he said u r rebuking him am pretty sure dat if he said it den u wud do d same...

Yes na, am I not a Nigerian?

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
richidinho:

You are busy insulting GEJ.
u better repent

Lol, are you a priest? Cos I'll like to confess my sins and repent.

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d

grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by richidinho(m): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
cirmuell:
mumu put the 'n' na grin, too dumb to know that was a mistake? You're still a drunk sha!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by nanizle(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
Illegal refineries pose a great risk to the environment and peoples health. Ben should spend some time around an illegal refinery better understand what he wants to legalise.

The products from illegal refineries are also quite poor in quality.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
oake:

You de show urself abi? Wetin concern GEJ concern the common sense when dis man de talk? Are you living in the past? Why destroy illegal refineries if you can set up agencies to regulate and collect taxes. What's more, you ease the acute fuel situation and create employment for the teeming masses by so doing. Use ur common sense bro, though it's not common!

Maybe glaucoma is trying to chop off your perky eyes, read what I posted earlier and post a better comment pls.

And yes, I dey show myself

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by tolexy007(m): 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
kolexepana:
Wehrey.. Illegal refineries? You wan burn Nigeria
then continue to stay on ur queue, Muumu
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by cirmuell(m): 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
richidinho:

grin grin grin grin grin
Richidi_ho, I don borrow your 'n'.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by lastpage: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
segtak25:
Fuel scarcity: Ben Bruce says FG should legalize illegal refineries rather than destroy.

Who agrees with him on this?

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/666339654292008960

Yea, this stewpid fella called Ben Brucecan as well ask the Federal govt to "legalize" Armed Robbery..... to ease the security situation in the country! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Slowpoke of a Senator without any sense of "morality"!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Murray-Bruce not only talks without thinking deep, he also comments recklessly on issues beyond the pale of his professional expertise. If you legalise illegal refineries what happens to quality/pollution control? What about optimization? The cost of an EIA alone makes the average illegal refinery unprofitable.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Christmasdon(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
Putting illegal refineries will constitute pipeline vandalism. And tha govt hates vandalism.get that into your thick head.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by AkoEja: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
You cannot legalize the illegal refineries because they are unsafe, and will not meet the minimal requirements.
They are just crudely cooking crude oil, and killing themselves slowly in the process.

Ben Murray Bruce should really have stayed with entertainment, he is losing respect so fast, just talking out of his a55 all the time without showing any iota of intelligence. He sounds almost like a buffoon nowadays!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
hyxt05:
does this man really have the common sense he preaches? why legalize illegal activities? if they are ready and sincere by applying for licence to operate a refinery, who will refuse them? dangote did follow the right channel and applied for licence to build one, and now he is building one of the biggest refinery in the country. i wonder why he people keep supporting this Twitter senator, when he never makes common sense at all.

no be today Nigeria begin legalize illegality

military government since the 60s still collect pension from fg.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Meritocracy: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
texzola:
Common sense revolution advocate" Agreed with him on this one!!!
No problem provided you will first use the fake produced produced by illegal company in all your engines and cars. Others would follow
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ZYZZA: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
chinchum:
Exactly, meaning more crude oil pipelines will be vandalised. How do you get supply oil of crude oil to illegal refineries if not vandalism of nations crude oil transport installations?

This is not common sense Ben bruce, this is mumu sense .
his statement is very implicative
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by kernel501: 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

This guy is beginning to talk as if he has no common sense, seriously.

I WAS THINKING YOU WOULD SOUND MORE EDUCATED THAN THIS.
IF THESE GUYS ARE GIVEN LICENCE THEY WILL BOOST OUR INTERNAL PRODUCTION AND SELL AT LOW, WITHOUT SUBSIDY WHILE CREATING EMPLOYMENT.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MINI REFINERIES THEY HAVE IN AMERICA?

PLEASE LET BRING YOUR CLAIMS.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by referandum(m): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

bros i dont think you realy understand him clearly . true more refinaries would be popping but dont you think that is what we need? there would stiff compition which would lead to entreprenuership and more money to the economy . mass employment and reduction in dependance on goverment for revenue . i think his suggestion will yield to pretty much what is obtainable in dubai . i know Nigerians are not lazy people they are always ready to look for means to make as much cash as pssible so see this as a reduction in poverty and legalising it will reduce or even remove bun kery will forming an agent of tax revenue for goverment
you see one simple policy had bossted the economy by 60 percent
#COMMONSENSE

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by collyno1985: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Why didn't he ask GEJ to do same when the furniture was in power?
Over sabi fellow.

Abeg shift

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

I think nairaland has to do something about this kids that always come here to post trash
Because sometimes it's irritating.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Meritocracy: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
segtak25:
Fuel scarcity: Ben Bruce says FG should legalize illegal refineries rather than destroy.

Who agrees with him on this?

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/666339654292008960
The free money and senators allowances are affecting his senses. I knew him as resonable man before.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Koleman(m): 1:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
kodded:
what do you expect from a dulllard ? undecided
just like your phd holder did abi?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by snthesis(m): 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
ik
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by hyxt05(m): 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
patmaine:

no be today Nigeria begin legalize illegality

military government since the 60s still collect pension from fg.
so u don't believe in change, or is it that u have already given up on yourself, that have lost hope of better you? THINK POSITIVE BRO
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by dictbennie(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

I'm quite sure you didnt read through or maybe you did but didn't comprehend what he is trying to say...he said government should register and monitor these refineries...Advanced countries make use of criminals to block a loophole whenever they succeed in causing a mayhem where the government never thought it exists....Remember, these people don't have any formal education but yet devised means to turn crude oil to several petroleum products, just imagine what will happen if the government decides to engage them..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by 1wolex85: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yerwa:
people should know that operators of these illegal refineries have no regard for the pollution and degradation they cause to the environment, in addition the quality of the products they produce is not optimal for smooth engine operations.

to build a refinery is a highly regulated and technical activity, you cannot just open one the way you would open a workshop or a mill, before a refinery is setup environmental impact assessment (EIA) tests are done to ascertain what impact the refinery will have on the environs, in fact some of this crude oil have poisonous substances in them which are just left to go into the atmosphere (eg sulphur), source and grade of the crude oil it will refine, these and many more are required to set it up, to regularize their activity would mean that we are okay with a polluted environment.

Ben Bruce should do research on this.

The comments peeps are making on this thread just makes me feel like pulling my hair out! How can anybody say Ben bruce is making common sense? He is saying they should be legalized and licensed, do these illegal refineries have what it takes to get licensed? what is the quality of product they will put out? Assisting them to be licensed is as good as building a new refinery!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by dictbennie(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
referandum:

bros i dont think you realy understand him clearly . true more refinaries would be popping but dont you think that is what we need? there would stiff compition which would lead to entreprenuership and more money to the economy . mass employment and reduction in dependance on goverment for revenue . i think his suggestion will yield to pretty much what is obtainable in dubai . i know Nigerians are not lazy people they are always ready to look for means to make as much cash as pssible so see this as a reduction in poverty and legalising it will reduce or even remove bun kery will forming an agent of tax revenue for goverment
you see one simple policy had bossted the economy by 60 percent
#COMMONSENSE

One bottle of orijin to this bros.....

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by murtalaa(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by kodded(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
theshield:

Very stup!d idea. You people support anything said against the federal govt. just because of hate. ILLEGAL REFINARY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR 80% POLLUTION IN NIGER DELTA.

ILLEGALLY REFINED PRODUCT DESTROYS ENGINE COS ITS NOT PROPERLY REFINED.

My brother, u a fo0l just like Ben Murray.
[I] undecided undecided

what if they legalize the illegal refineries and upgrade it to a standard refinery which will produce standard fuel and create more jobs and reduce to importation of fuel ?

odey common sense you don't have

undecided undecided
[/I]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: It’s Impossible – Dele Momodu Says Peter Obi Will Never Win The Election / Enugu 2023: I Am More Experienced Than Peter Obi - Chijioke Edeoga / Oby Ezekwesili Roots For Fashola Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.