Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (28016 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Fuel Scarcity: FG Prioritizes Products Distribution / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by zeusdgrt(m): 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

This guy is beginning to talk as if he has no common sense, seriously.
if u are not a fool u will know that legalising them will make them under implied conditions to get d crude from d right source.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by jamace(m): 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
I see nothing wrong in what the senator advocated. Nigeria is at a cross road. Nigerians must think out of the box.

Those illegal refineries are like that because they are secretly refining the product and feel insecure putting up a state of the art local refinery, which could be destroyed by law enforcement agents any time. If the FG should legalize their activities, those equipments/infrastructures will be improved upon.

"Necessity is the mother of invention"

"If the going gets tough, only the tough gets going"

The FG should consider his suggestion!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mr Common sense, the guy has a point, common sense is something we dont learn in tertiary institutions. cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Realret70: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
He is representing his militants brothers what else do you expect from him
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Herrmes: 2:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Why didn't he ask GEJ to do same when the furniture was in power?
Over sabi fellow.

Abeg shift

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d
So the fact that he didn't say it when Jonathan was in power means it is invalid because he said it as Buhari is power? God you need to get in touch with common sense and reality. I don't even know what blinds you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by iruocious: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
hassan85:
And soon u will start wailing about land degradation. talk like and educated person please
What other degradation is worse than what is going on right now? The federal govt will never allow or approve of anything that will benefit the host communities wer the crude oil is exploited because this is the only way they can directly benefit from it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by superstar1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
How can you legalise illegality?

Is this yellow paw paw Senator not on cheap weed?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by saintade01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
IF ONLY THIS GUY KNOWS WHAT THE REFINERIES ARE GIVEN AS REFINED PRODUCTS (EVEN THE SOPHISTICATED ONES), HE WONT TALK ABOUT LEGALIZING.

GO AND ASK THEM IN WARRI AND RIVERS STATE.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by focus7: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
It is peculiar of PDP o make illegality legal.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by hadaydhollarpo(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ben Bruce thinks like d Koro i know in Lagos. He has been d only legislator on d social media/ silverbird tv who arguably has nt raise any meaning ideas/bill on d floor of d senate rather rants on d internet 4 d poor n low thinkers like him. For his mind, his idea is as gud as legalizing armed robbery due 2 lack jobs in d con3. #twitterSenator
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by AceKid(m): 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
this man too dey talk,abi na because Buhari no dey give an transport money?

Damn negro Bruce, that advise was look over due for your party in times of the Niger delta demostration same 16years misrule of PDP.

you owned a broadcasting firm since day1, why didn't you use it promote/show your party #commonsense n in it same time of pdp when they signed FOI bill....

lemme tell you what : #commonsense is when MR Bruce (not 007 oo) propose an urgent bill in NASS to legalize 'illegal refineries'
#actionspeaklouderthanwords Sir!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by musicwriter(m): 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
This's one of the best thing I've heard coming from a Nigerian politician. This's what GEJ should've done.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by hopily(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

Right now there is no petrol, If they ligalize the illigal refineries they will get crude oil ligaly, and it will no longer be a crime and there will be more supply of petroleum products and it will create more jobs and also boost the economy......better than importing thats what I feel.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ezme(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Illegal refineries are only capable of producing AGO, PMS and DPK is what the ordinary Nigerian needs. I know BMB doesn't even understand this part. Some suggestions sounds good on the surface but they only just appeal to emotions.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Muritino(m): 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
How could a serving senator say this? Is this Half-cast in the Senate to criticize the govt or formulate law?
Lawmaker calling for illegal refinery........... in a legal State.
Perhaps he won the election illegally.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Ephemmm: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
Holyman3:

Will you shut up there.
Since you cant refine the products yourself, why don't you approach the illegal ones and register them, monitor them and determine how much they make.
Is it not better than spending billions importing the same thing from outside.

I wonder how Jonathan supporters woke up from their slumber immediately he was voted out.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Amanwulu1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil unkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

pls he didn't say lgalize criminality bt statement implies; since d fg CANNOT provide his citizens wit something as common as fuel, they should legalize what we now knw to b illegal. It's illegal bc d fg said so n can b otherwise if d fg say so. It's illegal dat's why their operatns are enshrouded in secrecy. He's also saying to d fg, "provide fuel 4 d masses".

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Holyman3(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ephemmm:

I wonder how Jonathan supporters woke up from their slumber immediately he was voted out.

You don't go back in life. Yesterday has gone, trying to hold on to it is like climbing a tree while someone pulls you down.
..And he is Jonathan..Kid.
Start mixing up with wise people.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by mikolo80: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
Rich4god:
How will our stupld politicians legalize something that will strip them of the profit they are making from importation of fuel. There are cabals holding us hostage that is why power generation and refinary will always gulp huge some of money but nothing good Will still come out of it.
who do you think owns the refineries. Abi you think it's small ppl that can afford that equipment even at this level of crudity
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Doracle2: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

I agree with your comments. For the former chief executive of a company to advise that we should reward illegality with a license to operate is flawed thinking. There are other suggestions He could make that would reflect common sense and not disregard for the rule of Law. Illegal Refineries cannot be properly regulated as things like safety standard & Environmental standards cannot be adequately benchmarked. This guy speaks a good game but not a manager nor an adminsitrator. He should start by sponsoring intelligent and socially responsible bills that will alleviate poverty, improve healthcare and empower women. Frankly i believe Ben Bruce is playing to the Gallery.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by mikolo80: 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
mazzi:
What we have is government that do not care for its citizens. Nigeria allowed the feudal mentality in the north and west to crepe into governance and the are now paying for it. how can you justify the fact that one person,his family and appointees will be enjoying the commonwealth of a nation and some foolish masses will be hailing them?let us make Aso villa a one bungalow apartment with one I pass my neighbor generator and force these men to live at the same level as ordinary nigerians so the can feel the pain people pass through everyday. I love my Igbo people's republican nature where no man(be you whatever) is never worshiped.yes,people do say igbos have no respect,and I say if respect means keeping quit when a man is intimidating you and eating alone what is meant for everybody in the name feudalism then, respect can kiss blazes!
govt is not supposed to card for you
you're supposed to care for yourself by putting govt on it's toes with votes and recall not sitting at home thinking another man Will take care of you when he has children at home.
they're fighting for their share, fight for yours
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by mikolo80: 3:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

if they were legal they'd buy the crude like everybody else,.
bunkering is what you get when you monopolise stuff
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
hyxt05:
so u don't believe in change, or is it that u have already given up on yourself, that have lost hope of better you? THINK POSITIVE BRO

don't think positive be a realist.
thinking positive about nigeria will not change anything

Nigeria is programmed not to succeed and will never except something is done.

which is restructuring..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by billyG(m): 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Na commonman sense this Bruce get!Y didnt he build a refinery all these yrs but spent more on miss Bikini gals.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by charlesucheh(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
The Advantageous face of an event usually outshines the Disadvantageous one. The Latter sometimes is the most delicate and because of this, people tend to cover it up when treating issues.
BMB only spoke of the needful without considering the dangers it will come with and some people too, jumped and started chanting "in DAME's (mama peace) voice ;"AM WIT U".
The Non-expertise of these illegal Refineries will probably invite a controversy as to the Quality of Petroleum, Diesel, and Kerosene in the country. Have we ever considered that it might also be detrimental to lives and properties? BMB is there to deliberate for a quality and speedy refinery system and not producing short cuts to BOYZ WEY DEY HUSTLE...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
collyno1985:

I think nairaland has to do something about this kids that always come here to post trash
Because sometimes it's irritating.

I honestly think so too

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
Herrmes:
So the fact that he didn't say it when Jonathan was in power means it is invalid because he said it as Buhari is power? God you need to get in touch with common sense and reality. I don't even know what blinds you.

See how you jump into conclusions.
Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Parcks(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
I believe d govt shld seriously look into his proposition and see how to harness these refineries, thus promoting d local content act
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by alaskido(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
I agree with Ben Murray Bruce on this one. He is just making common sense which most of our politicians do not have. They are so selfish and greedy. They think only to enrich themselves and their immediate family. Make Devil punish all of una.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by aresa: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
hassan85:
Mr Ben will never speak during plenary but Facebook wailing. He's beginning to sound like Fayose

He's Fayose's branch on twitter..

Seriously, here we have a lawmaker telling us to condone and support illegalities, oil bunkerers, to legalize pipeline vandals, oil thieves, environment polluters, murderers and criminals...

Sadly, we are saddled with low grade thinking and half baked jokers calling themselves lawmakers..

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by hassan85(m): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
aresa:

He's Fayose's branch on twitter..

Seriously, here we have a lawmaker telling us to condone and support illegalities, oil bunkerers, to legalize pipeline vandals, oil thieves, environment polluters, murderers and criminals...

Sadly, we are saddled with low grade thinking and half baked jokers calling themselves lawmakers..
simply put he's an agent of d militants. Obama is face Obanikoro in language and actions. I thought he was among d intelligent ones b4 but I really doubt
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by aresa: 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2015

[img]http://static.theglobeandmail.ca/e68/report-on-business/international-business/african-and-mideast-business/article7435299.ece/ALTERNATES/w620/nigeria9.JPG[/img]

It is sad and ironic that the same man whose constituency have been totally destroyed and decimated by these criminals is now advising Nigeria to legalize this societal destruction and degradation when in fact he should be advocating for and finding ways to stop this environmental pillage and destruction.

Life expectancy in his community in Nigeria is the shortest because of polluted environment, his own people are predominantly fish farmers who can no longer fish because of the activities of these pipeline vandals and illegal refineries...

Very sad...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Navy Parades Members Of Niger-Delta Avengers / Fayose Releases Phones Numbers To Report Sighting Of Herdsmen In Ekiti / Michael Uzor Kalu Graduates With 1st Class In Law At UK University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.