Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (28020 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Fuel Scarcity: FG Prioritizes Products Distribution / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by solreb: 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Government is destroying the illegal refineries because they use stolen crude oil there. If they pay for the crude oil, and the products are well refined ( these products damage engines ) causing more harm than good. Say NO to illegal refineries.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Firstinline(m): 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
This Mr Ben Bruce must have smoked expired weed before uttering such statement.

Coming from a Nigerdelta man, i say this is gross.

I have witnessed where crude is being refined illegally at a village after Kpakiama and Bomadi on Izonland Delta state. The kind of oil spillage pollution in the area including nearby river can only be imagined.

The refined product is known as Asari and its very very bad for machines. It will knock any engine within months of using it. Trust me on this.

It was used for a generator that i got over there and it destroyed that generator.

Nothing should be legalized there because what there refine is "big rubbish". What they do is just get crude oil in a drum and add some spirit then boil it.

Pls tell Mr Ben-bruce or any one that wants this legalized to use this illegal product for two months on his car and then come back to testify.

There is nothing F.G can do to legalize that rubbish product. Its better F.G build new standard refineries. Nah truth i talk ooo.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by banio: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ben Bruce if you really said this, then go back to school. Do we have illegal refineries or we have thieves doing hot tapping which leads to environmental pollution and death.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by wirinet(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
I am ashamed such nonsense is coming from the mouth of a Nigerian senator, i am even more ashamed by the number of people who support the idea. Nigeria is really in dire straits as regards education, the United Nations need to declare Nigeria's education sector a disaster zone.

Legalize illegal refineries? What the fvck? Has he ever seen these illegal refineries before? These are just over sized drums that is used to "cook" stolen crude and the gas produced passed though a chamber to collect the distillates. Most of the lighter evaporates and heavier condensates are discarded into the environment. It is a very similar process with "ogogoro" distillation. The challenge is not cooking a few drums of crude oil, it is being able to refine tens of thousands of barrels of crude oil in a controlled process and produce quality petroleum products.

Is Ben Bruce and his praise singers aware of the enormous pollution these contraptions called refineries are causing?
Below are a few pics of these refineries to give you people an idea of the amount of damage they are causing.

Refinery business generally is not a very profitable business, it depends on the factor of scale to become profitable. I doubt a refinery refining 10,000 barrels a day can be profitable. Refineries start being profitable at about 50,000 barrels per day. That is why the international illegal crude business is huge, because most refineries try and by cheaper illegal crude. Even with the western Europe fighting a bitter war with ISIS, they are still buying cheap illegal oil from ISIS.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Amaso99(m): 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Anytime I see our arm forces destroying illegal refineries I always insult them.. Last month they were busy clamping down Illegal refineries in IMO , Bayelsa and some riverine part of ondo even wen our so called legal Refineries ain't functioning.. If they legalize illegal refineries Then those Stupid oil marketers won't be Making "Shakara".. I trust my Ijaw people.. In two days Niggas do root 500 refineries from nowhere y FG go they battle To Maintain 4.. Haaaaaa Izon
yaa! Izon ikimi! Blive! Mk fg reason ham mk i go control my resource
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ezstino: 5:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

This guy is beginning to talk as if he has no common sense, seriously.

Where do legal refineries get their crude? Making them legal will mean giving them license to operate and to obtain crude oil from legal sources. #commonsense
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by mickey45: 5:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
Speechless3:
Legalise illegal...undecided

Militants get paid salaries .... Has illegality not been legalised already?

Until some stable legislation is devised by FG on the entire O n G sector, we'll likely keep wallowing in this mess.
Foreign investors won't commit resources to long term investments like refineries in this country if we don't have an established roadmap in place.
Unfortunately, the profiteers of the extant mess are strong backers for the country's political figures, you'll need an outsider to cut through the bullshit and if only we'd learn't to think through issues,
We'd have seen their deftness in the whole charade before now.

Dangote better not finish his refinery before that happens or you can kiss healthy competition and transparency in that sector goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by fineguy11(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by kolexepana: 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
tolexy007:

then continue to stay on ur queue, Muumu
Fool, do they have to legalize illegal refineries before petrol could be surplus?
Use your brain
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by aresa: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
ezstino:

Where do legal refineries get their crude? Making them legal will mean giving them license to operate and to obtain crude oil from legal sources. #commonsense

And your common sense means they prefer paying for crude instead of stealing and getting it for free like they've been doing unchallenged?

And in fact, what are you standardizing here? Have these bush polluting drum and keg crude boiling criminals to invest in better refinery equipment or Teach them the proper way to boil crude in their drums?

And what about the end product? Is it safe to for cars, generators and machines? Is it safe for our environment?

The man is obviously a very shallow, cheap thinking and thoughtless joker. Beats me why he's in politics or a lawmaker and not confining his BS to his fancy malls and cinemas....
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by mickey45: 5:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Speechless3:
Legalise illegal...undecided

Until some stable legislation is devised by FG on the entire O n G sector, we'll likely keep wallowing in this mess.
Foreign investors won't commit resources to long term investments like refineries in this country if we don't have an established roadmap in place.
Unfortunately, the profiteers of the extant state are strong backers for the country's political figures, you'll need an outsider to cut through the bullshit and if only we'd learn't to think through issues,

Dangote better not finish his refinery before that happens or you can kiss healthy competition and transparency in that sector goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by bashydemy(m): 5:49pm On Nov 17, 2015
Truly this mean look like Obama but reason like Obanikoro, Fayose, Olisa Metuh etc, To approval illegal refineries is like giving way to bunkry..
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by gretblue: 6:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
His look is truly Obama copy but his reasoning ability is more of Orubebe

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ooshinibos: 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
SENSE IS NOT COMMON IN Nigeria
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by murtalaa(m): 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by blesdman(m): 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
True talk confirmed....hypocrisy of goverment
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ollyruffy: 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
He is saying nonsense.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by iskay1971: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
I'm in support of Ben Bruce.
We will have more refineries which is a way to substantiate the change agenda of the FG.
More refineries means more employment creation. It will make petroleum products cheaper and easier to access. Won't these illegal refineries help to stop our nation from importing petrol? Yes! It will also reduce or remove subsidy on petroleum.
Illegal refineries are tagged "illegal" because they are not registered with the FG therefore, they are not paying any more into FG's account. I don't really think they are disastrous.
I think it will help us if our government should legalize and give them necessary aides that can make them useful to the nation.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by samzepaparazi: 8:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
This Murray Bruce is senseless.
All of u who support him do so in ignorance

Have u seen an illegal refinery before.
Very risky stuff. Like you are cooking crude oil with crude instruments.
First of all your cars will suffer for it
Then the refiners will endanger themselves and communities around them.

Instead of these politicians think in advanced manners they r rooting for nonsense.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
mickey45:

Unfortunately, the profiteers of the extant state are strong backers for the country's political figures, you'll need an outsider to cut through the bullshit and if only we'd learn't to think through issues,

Well said Mickey smiley
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by wirinet(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
iskay1971:
I'm in support of Ben Bruce.
We will have more refineries which is a way to substantiate the change agenda of the FG.
More refineries means more employment creation. It will make petroleum products cheaper and easier to access. Won't these illegal refineries help to stop our nation from importing petrol? Yes! It will also reduce or remove subsidy on petroleum.
Illegal refineries are tagged "illegal" because they are not registered with the FG therefore, they are not paying any more into FG's account. I don't really think they are disastrous.
I think it will help us if our government should legalize and give them necessary aides that can make them useful to the nation.

What you wrote is utterly crap. Cooking a few drums of crude by hundreds of jobless youths will make petroleum products cheaper? it would be an environmental disaster. Calling these crude contraptions "refineries" is glorifying mediocricy, we might as well call ogogoro distilleries refineries also.

So you think the operators of these "illegal refineries" can meet the registration requirements of a proper refinery? Do you even have the faintest idea of what it takes to obtain a license to build and operate a refinery in Nigeria ( or any where else in the world)?

You think these illegal refineries can still make any profit if they buy crude at $40 per barrel (even if they buy at $30)? Their cooking methods waste most of the crude, they are only able to extract very poor quality DPK, AGO and very small PMS.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by hush15: 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Why didn't he ask GEJ to do same when the furniture was in power?
Over sabi fellow.

Abeg shift

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d

To answer your question, the wasn't fuel scarcity during Jonathan's tenure except for the Election period which we all know it is a political sabotage to truncate his reelection. The challenges were real, and instead of constructive criticism, it was policies and APC government are there now and realising that the challenges were really real.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by abeniagbon(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
kolexepana:
Wehrey.. Illegal refineries?
You wan burn Nigeria

Hahahahhahahaha. This man make point. That man na complete weyre. I don't think he can be our future presido with this attitude of his
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by AngryNigerian(m): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

But what if we stop waiting for Dangote's refinery and commence the building of private small ones costing about $1-3ml? That is my own version of what he said
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by wirinet(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
AngryNigerian:

But what if we stop waiting for Dangote's refinery and commence the building of private small ones costing about $1-3ml? That is my own version of what he said

$1 - 3millions cannot build a small private refinery, the license, land and storage tanks alone would cost more than $3millions.
Here is a link to give you a slight idea what it takes to build a small refinery - http://en.allexperts.com/q/Oil-Gas-3147/2009/1/COST-SMALL-SCALE-REFINERY.htm
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nickydrake(m): 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Of course more will just popping up.

wirinet:

What you wrote is utterly crap. Cooking a few drums of crude by hundreds of jobless youths will make petroleum products cheaper? it would be an environmental disaster. Calling these crude contraptions "refineries" is glorifying mediocricy, we might as well call ogogoro distilleries refineries also.

So you think the operators of these "illegal refineries" can meet the registration requirements of a proper refinery? Do you even have the faintest idea of what it takes to obtain a license to build and operate a refinery in Nigeria ( or any where else in the world)?

You think these illegal refineries can still make any profit if they buy crude at $40 per barrel (even if they buy at $30)? Their cooking methods waste most of the crude, they are only able to extract very poor quality DPK, AGO and very small PMS.

Let Distinguished Senator Bruce learn from people like these what common sense truly means. Legalise illegal refineries! Clearly the man didn't think this one through.

After those above, no further commentary is necessary to expose the inanity of the idea.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nickydrake(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Double post.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nickydrake(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Triple post.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ZESTN: 2:27am On Nov 18, 2015
common sense they say is certainly not common with Buhari`s Administration and the Blind Forces and Paramilitaries.
undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by UyiIredia(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2015
segtak25:
Fuel scarcity: Ben Bruce says FG should legalize illegal refineries rather than destroy.

Who agrees with him on this?

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/666339654292008960

I agree 200%. The should set standards and legalize the damn thing.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by persius555(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2015
Goodboiyy:
Anytime I see our arm forces destroying illegal refineries I always insult them.. Last month they were busy clamping down Illegal refineries in IMO , Bayelsa and some riverine part of ondo even wen our so called legal Refineries ain't functioning.. If they legalize illegal refineries Then those Stupid oil marketers won't be Making "Shakara".. I trust my Ijaw people.. In two days Niggas do root 500 refineries from nowhere y FG go they battle To Maintain 4.. Haaaaaa Izon
They get their crude by damaging the existing pipelines and in the process the crude contents cause massive environmental pollution which might be too expensive to clean up. They should be allowed to source their crude legally. This is why we keep calling for the issuance of modular refinery license.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2015
this is nonsense talk. if hes sayn the fg shud legalize illegal refineries then it is tantamount to sayn dat d fg shud legalize oil bunkering and bursting of crude oil pipelines. where do ya'll think d boyz in d creek get d crude they illegally refine? not only is this a messed up idea, it will mess up the engines of cars as there will be lots of impurities in the refining process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Profile Of Justice Walter Onnoghen, The New Chief Justice Of Nigeria / NDLEA Arrests Party Agents With Money Cards In Ogun (Picture) / 2023: It’s Impossible – Dele Momodu Says Peter Obi Will Never Win The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.