Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Marrying Someone Older Than You! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying Someone Older Than You! (2353 Views)

MALE: Can You Date Someone Older Than You And Vice Versa For The Female / Have U Eva Had A Crush On Someone Older Than You / I'm In Love With Someone Older Than Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying Someone Older Than You! by akintoso1(m): 12:49am On Oct 17, 2006
As a guy is there anything wrong with being in love with someone older than you and even planning to get married to her??
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by uch4ril(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2006
1. Guy it all depending on what u c in her!!! because most guy in nija gets married to ladies older dan them because of
    income
    (money)

2. If you're saying its love that is making to hook up wit her, please its u future you're talking about. PLS THINK ABOUT IT
    VERY WELL
    am not saying it bad

3. u might not be able 2 stand as d man of the house if you're going into it because of money and make sure she is not
doing dis because she wants be in control

4. Please all u should about this, should be based on love and not lost.
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by chicago: 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2006
please somebody i am 22 and a guy of 40 wants to marry me is it right?
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by Free(f): 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2006
no is not right grin
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by daviespan(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2006
@chicago

go on honey, take a chance grin

wont hurt now, would it
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by Ilovemyhus(f): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2007
Go for it grin grin grin
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by orp: 10:43pm On Mar 20, 2007
Even in the Holy Bible there is no age limit but the reason a man should be much older than woman is because women do look old on time so if the man is much more older than the woman,by the time she starts looking old she will catch up with her husband who is much more older than her.
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by tunmininu(f): 10:12am On Mar 21, 2007
I would like to ask?HOW OLD? old enough to be ur mother.Of course not,i won't agree to that.Even our society frowns at it,forget about the saying that says Love has nothing to do with age.
But if the age difference is not very much,maybe 1-4yrs,its not bad.She might just be the one for u. cool
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by otuonye(m): 12:41pm On Mar 21, 2007
I think I take sides with tunmininu. If you are getting married to someone who is older than you are, you need to be very careful. As a man, I do not see anything wrong with that anyway, but the points you might have to consider are these:

Does she respect you [even if you do not have as much money as she does] or does she talk to you as if you were her younger brother?

Does she LOVE you [is it a deep and true feeling of trust shown towards you]? For this, I think you need to understand the difference between LOVE and ADMIRATION.

I have been in love with a lady who is 3 years older than I am, and honestly I think the older ones are even more respectful than most of the young girls we see around. However, this is not to say that it must always be like that in your case. I personally can overlook the age area [especially if I presently look much older than she does].

Josh
Re: Marrying Someone Older Than You! by Ivvie: 2:56pm On Apr 09, 2007
It's not right. I can't even imagine it. An older woman is never a potential of your destined wife. Besides, you'll be experiencing lots of quarrels. It cannot go well.

(1) (Reply)

Wife Material / 4months Into D Relationship, She Reveals Her Darkset Secret / She is SS and over 21 already and am AA, i luv her die, Can i marry her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.