Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams (9368 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 12:15am On May 26, 2009
Sorry idiot. But unlike you, I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge of others and their culture. I'm not claiming it retardo, I'm using it to explain my point which struck your nerve like an injection. You are mad that I called your imported religion what it is. Save your curses for a sensitive nerve you might hurt them.

You barely even know your own history talkless of appreciate it. Idiota. Go and shout Halleluyah. You accepted Western mythologies and ignores or even destroy yours. Typical of cyber bullies to say you can't read when you hit their nerves. Dumb ass fool.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 1:04am On May 26, 2009
ifihearam:

@OXONE

ADVISE CONSIDERED

BUT I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN YOU

it doesnt really matter to me if you are disappointed or not cos am not here to please you
good to know my advice is considered
run your race & let your pastor run his, everything you need in life is in the bible & not in churches (yes i know u shldnt forget the gathering of the children of God but do it wisely & not blindly)

ifihearam:

YOU CANNOT ADVISE PEOPLE WHO RAIN INSULT ON PASTORS BUT YOU CAN ADVISE ME FOR KICKING AGAINST THAT.WHAT A WORLD.

advice them? no way shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
people are entitled to their opinions
read some of these post & you'll find they are grouped in 3 categories

1. those that are just here to have fun & deliberately take unpopular stand on all issues just to aggravate people like you when they should know better

2. those that have been victims of your so called men of God. they are bitter & sees every man of God (even the genuine ones) as a con man who's out to get them

3. those that argue sensibly & reasonably without sentiments. they are not biased (even though its very hard to be unbiased about religion) but look at things from all perspective before contributing

endeavor to always place yourself in the 3rd category.

my advice to others is everybody is innocent until proven guilty
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 1:09am On May 26, 2009
9jaganja:

Sorry idiot. But unlike you, I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge of others and their culture. I'm not claiming it retardo, I'm using it to explain my point which struck your nerve like an injection. You are mad that I called your imported religion what it is. Save your curses for a sensitive nerve you might hurt them.

You barely even know your own history talkless of appreciate it. Idiota. Go and shout Halleluyah. You accepted Western mythologies and ignores or even destroy yours. Typical of cyber bullies to say you can't read when you hit their nerves. Dumb ass fool.

Sorry idiot. But unlike you, I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge of others and their culture

thats kinda funny owing to ur previous statement

Someone said Obas should pay taxes. They can't cause they are Locally made. Islam and Christianity are imported goods so they should be taxed.

that is not a very intelligent remark, the implication of a dumb statement like that means citizens shouldn't pay taxes only expatriates should pay

You barely even know your own history talkless of appreciate it. Idiota. Go and shout Halleluyah. You accepted Western mythologies and ignores or even destroy yours

see who is talking, u dont even know how the kalabari clan has evolved in their practices even b4 the europeans showed up, this tells me u are even dumber than i thought. there is no single african tradition that had remained the same, everyone of them added one thing or another as they continue to interact with other peoples of various clans and tribes.

dude, i have come to a conclusion that u are yet to complete ur evolution to the human race, u are still half primate(the lower base) and half fish and yes, u kept the fish brain.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 2:35am On May 26, 2009
na2day?:

thats kinda funny owing to ur previous statement

that is not a very intelligent remark, the implication of a dumb statement like that means citizens shouldn't pay taxes only expatriates should pay

see who is talking, u dont even know how the kalabari clan has evolved in their practices even b4 the europeans showed up, this tells me u are even dumber than i thought. there is no single african tradition that had remained the same, everyone of them added one thing or another as they continue to interact with other peoples of various clans and tribes.

dude, i have come to a conclusion that u are yet to complete ur evolution to the human race, u are still half primate(the lower base) and half fish and yes, u kept the fish brain.  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Idiot, do you think Queen Elizabeth paid taxes before 1992? She offered to pay taxes voluntarily and instigated that other members of the royal family should also pay taxes. She voluntarily choose to pay tax not because the constitution demands her to. please!!!! I'll rather be a fish or a monkey than be someone like you even that is an insult to fishes cause I think no one will choose you before they choose an earthworm. Your explanation of the Kalabari culture and how it changed still takes nothing from the fact that Tamuno is different from Jehovah. You can't even say shit about your own culture cause you barely know anything about it dumb ass. You are just saying the obvious which is every tribe had contact with other tribes and no African culture has remained the same. Who tha hell doesn't know that? That is illogical in context to what I said about Tamuno. Go abeg!! Go and pay tithe and offering!!!!

Besides, who was ruling Lagos before our current form of government? Obas dumb ass, Obas. So the current form of government still respects the tradition of the people which the Obas represent. Though I think I was wrong saying Obas can't pay taxes, I figured that out my self cause I was thinking of equality not because of your stupid comments. Anyother thing you have on me? You no sense of self, European wannabe dumb nut? uhh?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 2:57am On May 26, 2009
9jaganja:

Idiot, do you think Queen Elizabeth paid taxes before 1992? She offered to pay taxes voluntarily and instigated that other members of the royal family should also pay taxes. She voluntarily choose to pay tax not because the constitution demands her to. please!!!! I'll rather be a fish or a monkey than be someone like you even that is an insult to fishes cause I think no one will choose you before they choose an earthworm. Your explanation of the Kalabari culture and how it changed still takes nothing from the fact that Tamuno is different from Jehovah. You can't even say shit about your own culture cause you barely know anything about it dumb ass. You are just saying the obvious which is every tribe had contact with other tribes and no African culture has remained the same. Who tha hell doesn't know that? That is illogical in context to what I said about Tamuno. Go abeg!! Go and pay tithe and offering!!!!

Besides, who was ruling Lagos before our current form of government? Obas dumb ass, Obas. So the current form of government still respects the tradition of the people which the Obas represent. Though I think I was wrong saying Obas can't pay taxes, I figured that out my self cause I was thinking of equality not because of your stupid comments. Anyother thing you have on me? You no sense of self, European wannabe dumb nut? uhh?

****sighs**** u dont know when to stop disgracing urself online do u? why waste valuable bandwidth, eh? well i agree with u on one thing, u are indeed an insult to the fishes, i have to apologize to all the good fishes for me comparing category 5 slowpoke like u to them. so bcuz the queen of england didnt pay taxes obas shouldn't? how convenient for u to quickly point out the british as ur example when it comes to taxes but u r up in arms when it comes to them bring religion. give me the first occurrence of the word "tamuno" in kalabari history and if the ideologies of those ppl who 1st pronounce the word is the same u hold today as what "tamuno" is meant to be. if ur answer is u dont know, then shut the hell up, if ur answer is "no", then hopefully u can see how traditions change and are never stagnate. nobody here cares if u worship a goddess but to somehow link that to doing ur civic duty is just arrant nonsense. i have clearly stated in my previous post, that all pastors, imams, babalawos, traditionalist(especially the ones that attach doctor to their title), obas, chiefs etc should all pay their taxes, if u got a problem with that, go die!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 3:12am On May 26, 2009
Unfortunately you still can't comprehend enough than Earthworms. The Obas have been ruling before the current government so shut it dumb ass. I gave you the British Queen as an example cause if I told you about Nefertiti, Dika, and other great kings and queens of Africa, your dumb ass will be looking dumber. I had to use an example that you can easily understand cause they are your Gods or at least they told you what their "God" is. And dumb ass the use of Tamuno in Kalabari's mythology means the creatress of the world and she wasn't worshiped like some angry god in the bible or Quran is. You appreciate and love your culture but I bet your name is Jack or Bob manuel Idiota. Go away please!!!!!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by na2day2(m): 3:21am On May 26, 2009
9jaganja:

Unfortunately you still can't comprehend enough than Earthworms. The Obas have been ruling before the current government so shut it dumb ass. I gave you the British Queen as an example cause if I told you about Nefertiti, Dika, and other great kings and queens of Africa, your dumb ass will be looking dumber. I had to use an example that you can easily understand cause they are your Gods or at least they told you what their "God" is. And dumb ass the use of Tamuno in Kalabari's mythology means the creatress of the world and she wasn't worshiped like some angry god in the bible or Quran is. You appreciate and love your culture but I bet your name is Jack or Bob manuel Idiota. Go away please!!!!!

i only wish u can read, it would have been very helpful rather than all ur aimless points. u are a disgrace to intelligence and comprehension lipsrsealed
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 6:13am On May 26, 2009
Ahem ! Lord,  I can feel the Holy Spirit COMPELLING me in the name of Jeeeesus to hand over my salary to someone deserving, so now would be a good time for all of us to stand up, close our eyes, raise our arms in the air and wave them about like drowning lemmings,  in order to shout  " Hallelujah, blood of Jeeeesus" while Pastor Eunuch's church orderlies stealthily pick our pockets, because at least we know now that Lagos State will take its own SIZEABLE cut from the mountain of cash so collected, before the rest goes to fuel Pastor Eunuch's 52 million dollar Gulfstream4 jet . 

Praise the Lord, for He truly doth worketh in mysterious and wondrous ways !

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 6:46am On May 26, 2009
Jakumo:

Ahem ! Lord,  I can feel the Holy Spirit COMPELLING me in the name of Jeeeesus to hand over my salary to someone deserving, so now would be a good time for all of us to stand up, close our eyes, raise our arms in the air and wave them about like drowning lemmings,  and shout  " Hallelujah, blood of Jeeeesus" while Pastor Eunuch's church orderlies stealthily pick our pockets, because at least we know now that Lagos State will take its own SIZEABLE cut from the mountain of cash so collected, before the rest goes to fuel Pastor Eunuch's 52 million dollar Gulfstream4 jet . 

Praise the Lord, for He truly doth worketh in mysterious and wondrous ways !

i have carefully read all your post & have firmly reached the conclusion that you are a complete idiot who happens to have the advantage (disadvantage to me) of an internet connection & have not fully comprehended or understood the power of google (for research) . you shoot off your mouth at random, have made no sensible contribution whatsoever to the topic in question & have finally exposed your ignorance & lack of proper education to all & sundry in nairaland.
you are a classic example of what i call an Educated Illiterate whose only claim to education might be the certificate u have.
its not compulsory to comment on every topic & if you do not have a reasonable contribution, its best to keep your mouth shut so as to not to expose your ignorance & if your aim is to increase your number of post, i suggest you use only the emoticon ( smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry) i have outlined here as they also count. there are also other less stupid ways to seek attention
i'm very sure you'll start foaming at the mouth as you have done all day & start insulting me but i wont trade words with you (cos when you fight with a mad man, the difference will not be clear) & before u get carried away,
type in www.google.com & find out the price of adeboye's jet which is $28,000,000 (twenty eight million dollars in words-just incase you dont understand figure) & not 52,000,000 million dollars you erroneously posted here(googling it that wasnt so hard right?)
well ignorance they say is bliss
keep at it & before u know it u'll gain knowledge, contribute meaningfully to threads & also increase ur number of post at the same time (thru the use of emoticon i earlier posted) thereby effectively killing two birds with one stone (not rocket science).
my advice to you is to get a new user name & start all over cos you have effectively shown how retarded u are with this one (atleast you were smart enough not to have included your pix)
am not the enemy but your friend who cannot stand & watch you destroy yourself like this hence the advice above
proove me wrong & dont rant or insults me as you've done to others
gd luck, i wish you all the best
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 6:53am On May 26, 2009
Praise the Lord. Oxone, for he hath opened my eyes to the REAL, give-away price of a Gulfstream jet. I am full confident now that if I work really hard at my palm-wine tapper's job for the next 3000 years, I too will ride the heavens like Pastor Eunuch.

Today is indeed a glorious day of Signs and Wonders. Oooooooh yeah ! I can feel the power of Jeeeeesus asking us ALL to pay our taxes, regardless of our occupation.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by FBS: 7:00am On May 26, 2009
Imams generally don't demand cash for heavenly salvation, like Pastor Eunuch and his ilk do for a living.
that is your own version of the truth, yes?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 7:03am On May 26, 2009
Jakumo:

Praise the Lord. Oxone, for he hath opened my eyes to the REAL, give-away price of a Gulfstream jet.   I am full confident now that if I work really hard at my palm-wine tapper's job for the next 3000 years, I too will ride the heavens like Pastor Eunuch.

Today is indeed a glorious day of Signs and Wonders.   Oooooooh yeah !    I can feel the power of Jeeeeesus asking us ALL to pay our taxes, regardless of our occupation.

read my other post on this thread & u'll know that am[b] not in support[/b] of the 4billion naira jet & i'm[b] in support[/b] of them paying taxes but if you must post, do that with the actual figures man (i mean correct figures)
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2009
Oxone I put it to you that for most mortals, the difference between 28 and 52 million dollars is a purely academic consideration, given that most of us will never see or smell so much as a piddling ONE million bucks in cash for as long as we live.

I am relieved to see that we are on the same page with respect to the subject of equitable taxation for all men except the one up in the clouds, who is NOT Pastor Eunuch, by the way.

As the old saying goes :  " In God we trust - but all others, please pay cash."

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifihearam: 1:27pm On May 26, 2009
@OXONE

NOW YOU ARE TALKING
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by excelabbey(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2009
i believe it's high time we begin to do things in dis country d right way. but it has to b done decently. honestly, i've problems wit d pictures posted
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2009
ifihearam:

@OXONE

NOW YOU ARE TALKING

what exactly are you on about undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ThinkRait: 8:46am On May 27, 2009
This thread is not about Kalabari mythology, neither is it about how rich a certain Pst Adeboye is.

It is about taxes and taxes alone. I honestly don't think its right to condemn anybody. I don't know if Adeboye is a real man of God, thats not my business. My concern is, they should be taxed like every other Nigerian.

Market women and petty traders pay taxes in form of levies. So people that can afford 3000 square meals a day should also pay.

No religous leader can rightly condemn any politician since they contribute little or nothing to the govt coffers.

Please Lagos lawmakers, Fast track the passage of the tax bill when u get it.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifihearam: 1:15pm On May 27, 2009
tell jakumo and his collaborators oooo
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2009
Jesus recently manifested himself to me in a hallucinatory vision, and when I recovered from my shock enough to listen to His Holy pronouncement,  He was saying repeatedly and emphatically these words, " Payeth yee thine income and property taxes in Lagos State, whether thine be a lowly sheep, or a divine shepherd of the flock."

After observing my current seven-day interlude of fasting, praying and fornicating, I shall descend from The Mountain to interpret this vision for all to see.  Praise the Lord !
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by dnex(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2009
They must pay tax. They must. Now It's personal income tax, next thing it will be corporate tax. Religious organizations are among the top income earners in Nigeria. Let them pay.

Normally the monies collected by Mosques and Churches would be used for human and community welfare development which would be no different from what the taxes would be used for, but since they have tactically overlooked those responsibilities, the government should make them remit some income in order to fulfil that end.

Before even someone like OBJ would see through their gimmickry, you know say water don pass garri.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 27, 2009
Jakumo:

Oxone I put it to you that for most mortals, the difference between 28 and 52 million dollars is a purely academic consideration, given that most of us will never see or smell so much as a piddling ONE million bucks in cash for as long as we live.

I am relieved to see that we are on the same page with respect to the subject of equitable taxation for all men except the one up in the clouds, who is NOT Pastor Eunuch, by the way.

As the old saying goes :  " In God we trust - but all others, please pay cash."

That picture looked like Vancouver B.C Infact it is Vancouver B.C. Jakumo you de stay for Vancouver? Anyway why have you targeted Adegboye alone? Why not those Imams sending out little kids to beg on the street while they collect the money at the end of the day? Why not that?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by tos(m): 3:06pm On May 27, 2009
[quote][/quote]

9jaganja,

I'll sugest you get your fact straight before posting anything malicious. You need to understand the difference between the Imams and the "Alimajiris". The imams are religious leaders while the latter only do what they do to survive.

Do not make statement that will culminate into religious arguments.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by tos(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2009
[quote][/quote]

9jaganja,

I'll sugest you get your fact straight before posting anything malicious.  You need to understand the difference between the Imams and the "Alimajiris".  The imams are religious leaders while the latter only do what they do to survive.

Do not make statement that will culminate into religious arguments.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by UyiIredia(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2009
don't see anything wrong with pastors & imams paying taxes
they have to play their part 'financially' to developing the state.Jesus paid his taxes (Matt 17:24-27) PERIOD  undecided undecided
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by UyiIredia(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2009
they have to play their part 'financially' to developing the state.Jesus paid his taxes (Matt 17:24-27) PERIOD  undecided undecided
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by UyiIredia(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2009
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by youngmonie: 7:43pm On May 29, 2009
Jakumo or wetin u call ursefll, IZ ITlack of Ignorance that iz ur problem or lack of acces to information, which of them. The jet in question was neither bougth for him or by him neither was it bought by the church, It was bouhgt by a group of people for charter services and Adeboye is given priority to use the jet.so get ur CLAIMS right before stating them.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=139813
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by youngmonie: 7:46pm On May 29, 2009
Jakumo or wetin u call ursefll, IZ ITlack of Ignorance that iz ur problem or lack of acces to information, which of them. The jet  in question was neither bougth for him or by him neither was it bought by the church, It was bouhgt by a group of people for charter services and Adeboye is given priority to use the jet.so get ur CLAIMS right before stating them.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=139813
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 6:15am On May 30, 2009
youngmonie:

Jakumo or wetin u call ursefll, IZ ITlack of Ignorance that iz ur problem or lack of acces to information, which of them. The jet in question was neither bougth for him or by him neither was it bought by the church, It was bouhgt by a group of people for charter services and Adeboye is given priority to use the jet.so get ur CLAIMS right before stating them.

Sir, you are also dead wrong. Jesus bought that jet for pastor Eunuch, ON THE CONDITION THAT Pastor Eunuch pays his Lagos State taxes, which that thieving, money laundering bible-thumper is now understandably reluctant to do.

Pay your taxes, Pastor Eunuch, in the name of Jeeeeeesus ! Praise the Lord !
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by enziga(m): 7:40am On May 30, 2009
Churchess have always been wack anywayz, Can't stand the idea, hypocrites listenin to another hypocrite talk to them about a heaven that neither will ever get to, sickens me to my stomach.
@ nuzo, I like ur faith quote, The blindly part is nice,
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by enziga(m): 7:52am On May 30, 2009
Jakumo:

Sir, you are also dead wrong. Jesus bought that jet for pastor Eunuch, ON THE CONDITION THAT Pastor Eunuch pays his Lagos State taxes, which that thieving, money laundering bible-thumper is now understandably reluctant to do.

Pay your taxes, Pastor Eunuch, in the name of Jeeeeeesus ! Praise the Lord !

Jakumo, see i am as against pastors as the next atheist, but it has been proven that adeboye didn't buy the jet himself,
Members of his congregation bought it for him
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2009
enziga:

Jakumo, see i am as against pastors as the next atheist, but it has been proven that adeboye didn't buy the jet himself,
Members of his congregation bought it for him

Thank you for your response, Enziga, but I beg to differ on your conjecture over whether or not Pastor Eunuch's secretary, dog handler or ass wiper was delegated to sign the check used to purchase that Gulfstream4 private jet for Big Daddy's personal pleasure and grandiosity.

All that amusing hide-and-seek falls squarely under the category of what is known euphemistically as " creative accounting", or " cooking the books", so as to muddy the water in a futile attempt to give Pastor Eunuch a measure of "plausible deniability" that he hopes will distance himself from the nitty-gritty cash disbursement involved in the purchase of his personal luxury jet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrest Another Critic Of Gov. Ayade, Accuse Him Of ‘terrorism’ / Enugu East: Adaku Ogbu-aguocha Clinches APC Senatorial Ticket / Peter Obi Security Caught Looking Nyash Instead Of His Job (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.