Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,078 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams (9371 Views)

Ikpeazu's Failure To Pay Tax Makes Him Unfit To Be Governor - Supreme Court / Do Not Accept Governor Fayose's Food, Rams - Imams Tell Ekiti Muslims / Tanko: 'How Imams, Northern Intellectuals, Incited The North Against Jonathan' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by oge4real(f): 5:38pm On May 21, 2009
I dont see why all the noise about taxes by the clergy, after all we were told to give back to Ceazer what belong to him. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

my main worry is the usefulness of the tax to the poor citizens who contributed the money. Hope it will translate to better life and infrastructure for Lagosians.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by banom(m): 5:43pm On May 21, 2009
That is what happens when pride and pompousity set in, if some people did not start buying  Private Jet with poor peoples money, the government wouldn't have noticed, Person don fu***ck him collegues up.

@ Jakumo,
Tpia is a very ugly gurl, if you are serious, you can come i have many REDEEMED girls for you ,only that they are now poor, somebody used their TITHES & OFFERING money to buy private jet.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by tpiah: 5:45pm On May 21, 2009
banom:

That is what happens when pride and pompousity set in, if some people did not start buying  Private Jet with poor peoples money, the government wouldn't have noticed, Person don fu***ck him collegues up.

@ Jakumo,
Tpia is a very ugly gurl, if you are serious, you can come i have many REDEEMED girls for you ,only that they are now poor, somebody used their TITHES & OFFERING money to buy private jet.

you should know ugly, seeing how its your trademark and copyrighted by your face you.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by obi123: 5:55pm On May 21, 2009
Well they might as well be taxed as they cant just be preaching endlessly about paying tithe or making contributions , with them doing absolutely nothing charitable with the money they get from their congregation but expand the church or mosques , i mean there is everything wrong in being surrounded by the kind of affluence that we see our so called preacher men being surrounded by in the midst of untold poverty.
They need to do the Gospel not just preach it
I am sure the likes of joyce meyer, crefold dollar, john hagee, joel olsteen pay their taxes and at the same time do unbelievable charity works around the world.
So yes they should be taxed ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by banom(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2009
tpiah:

you should know ugly, seeing how its your trademark and copyrighted by your face you.

@ Jakumo, you can take not.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Tudor3(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2009
@oludashmi
why all this useless rant? I made a few typos and you're blabbing about how superior you are. It just shows your immaturity. You see alot of typos on this forum and have you seen any reasonable person bring them up? This is an internet forum and people are bound to make typos while typing and every matured person knows that. This is a forum for adults not kids(from the way you write you cant be more than 19). Grow up please! you're an idiot coz your post also contains typos,remove the log in your eyes first abeg.
Your being brainwashed is my headache.You have become a liability to your society and country.the brainless chaps who crash planes into buildings and strap on bombs started like you,that makes you a threat to my peace and security.
You amaze me! Are there not hungry men who sacrifice their family members to get rich? What about the people killing and selling albinos in east africa.wise up abeg!
You ask why do i care how people spend their money. Point of correction,they are not spending the money,they are being ROBBED by decietful pastors.your fraudulent pastor included.
As for why i care,Ask your 419 pastor why he cares about the sick and the poor. Ask him why their problems become his and he prays for them. Also ask him why he sends out morons like you to preach on the streets and in public transportation (afterall according to you, why do you want to die another man's death).why is he/she/it not minding their own business.
Why should my body vibrate when i'm not a theif. Why will i be frustrated if i have nothing to hide. It's your energy against this taxation that gives you away.i'm sure your father is a pastor and you're scared he'll be exposed and your source of income gone. . .the government is getting wiser and you don't like that one bit. Dont worry,you can always feed by hawking pure water on the streets.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Tudor3(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2009
I wouldnt be suprised if the pastors preach against it and call fashola the anti christ.it wouldnt be past them. Greedy theives!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by tpiah: 6:08pm On May 21, 2009
banom:

@ Jakumo, you can take not.

sweetie, can you leave my name out of your mouth and simply tell Jakumo you're interested in him?

abi wetin dey worry una for this place today?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 21, 2009
So they don't pay taxes before?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by youngies(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2009
Jakumo's proposal should should not be IGNORED, either accept or reject it. cool
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by temilola12(f): 6:19pm On May 21, 2009
I am in full support that Pastors and Imams should pay taxes which is also in the Bible but for goodness sakes what has tax payment got to do with the Pastor Adeboye's Jet. This is just mere hatred and spiritual blindness. May God intervene on behalf of His son.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2009
temilola12:

I am in full support that Pastors and Imams should pay taxes which is also in the Bible but for goodness sakes what has tax payment got to do with the Pastor Adeboye's Jet. This is just mere hatred and spiritual blindness. May God intervene on behalf of His son.

Be fully aware that Jakumo or whoever you are talking about may not have any connection with this spiritually you are talking about. He also may not be interested in any god intervening on his behalf. undecided
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bawomolo(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2009
If government imposes tax on pastors and imams, the number of offerings will definitely increase. The masses will pay definitely more.

This is good news, i rather pay 10% tax to the government rather than a Church that spends the money on building on Universities our kids can't afford to attend.

Fashola, you are the man.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bawomolo(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2009
temilola12:

like Creflo dollar and TD jakes in the US, Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Adeboye have become the posterboys for what's wrong with Pentecostal Evangelism .
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by sugabelle: 6:41pm On May 21, 2009
give to Caeser what is Caeser's. If this is what will get the govt off their back so they can focus on their ministry, they should pay what ever is asked. It doesn't take anything from the good they are doing. Money isn't bad, it's the undue love of it. And y'all know we need money to make things happen in the House of God . . .
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by PurestBoy(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2009
Did Fashola pay any tax before he became the Governor? Now he has become the Governor and now doing like saint abi?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Becomrich: 7:03pm On May 21, 2009
In the New Republic of Benin, there would not be tax for Imam and pastors. The reason is that religion is important to  our life. Look even with religion now we have moral problem. Now what is the % of pastor with private get. It is less than 1%. how many Imam can eat 3 meal a day. Less than 50%.

In the New Republic of Benin , there would be no tax for Imam and Pastors. How many of you want to be an Imam No so many would want to be Imam. Nobody plan to be a pastors.  What we would put inplace is system to find out how much recieve and how it is used.

Yes we have 419 among them now. We should introduce system to get rid of the criminal. And make them account for money recieve. and how it was used. But not tax.  We would introduce law only certain % of a charity can be use for administrative purpose. which included salary.

Just like we need food for our body, we need religion for our soul. Without religion a nation is finished.  With religion nigeria is know as a criminal nation. Without religion or over tax religion Nigeria would be know as a SUPER CRIMINAL nation

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by sparkle3: 7:12pm On May 21, 2009
Banom, Jakumo, Tudor what's goin on? Do u guys have a personal grudge against Pastor Adeboye? Jakumo, u actually put up the picture of a gorilla as him! That is so crude. Even if u think he's fake, u don't have to be so extreme. Removing religion from the issue, culture and common sense have taught us to respect our elders. my goodness!!!
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by anonimi: 7:21pm On May 21, 2009
sparkle.:

Banom, Jakumo, Tudor what's goin on? Do u guys have a personal grudge against Pastor Adeboye? Jakumo, u actually put up the picture of a gorilla as him! That is so crude. Even if u think he's fake, u don't have to be so extreme. Removing religion from the issue, culture and common sense have taught us to respect our elders. my goodness!!!

not when the elder dey pack sh*t rub for sheeple dem mouth and dey spoil our common name- Nigerians.
BTW, I am sure you know culture and common sense are dynamic i.e. changing and evolving over time.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2009
sparkle.:

Do you have respect for IBB?
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by temilola12(f): 7:46pm On May 21, 2009
@ nuzo
Be fully aware that Jakumo or whoever you are talking about may not have any connection with this spiritually you are talking about. He also may not be interested in any god intervening on his behalf. Undecided

The "may God intervene on behalf of His son" here does not mean Jakumo but Pastor Adeboye, who is a minister of God.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2009
sparkle.:

Sparkle I can only envisage true forgiveness for Pastor Eunuch if he agrees to reconsider my application to become a Pastor At Large in Eunuch's church.  I was even considerate enough to note in my application that I do not expect to be issued with a 52 million dollar Gulfstream 4 corporate jet right away, since a "fairly used" Cessna Citation Encore jet with less than 4000 hours can be procured for me at a very moderate 4 to 6 million US dollars, AND YET, despite this concession and olive branch from me, Eunuch continues his obstinate refusal to hire me.

I will write more on this subject when my blood pressure returns to normalcy.

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by lannre(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2009
In every work of genius, we recognize our once rejected thoughts." if evryone think same way then no one is thinking. Lets keep it up Nairaland is good for me.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by sparkle3: 8:09pm On May 21, 2009
anonimi:

not when the elder dey pack sh*t rub for sheeple dem mouth and dey spoil our common name- Nigerians.
BTW, I am sure you know culture and common sense are dynamic i.e. changing and evolving over time.

LOL!!! For heaven's sake, how is the man "spoiling our common name"? We spoil our common name on a daily basis in this country both at home and abroad. and DYNAMIC is defined as "always changing and making progress". Is progress negative? I bet if ur little niece or nephew drew a picture of a gorilla and wrote ur name beneath it, u'll slap her/him silly.

bawomolo:

Do you have respect for IBB?

I'm totally indifferent about him

Jakumo:

Sparkle I can only envisage true forgiveness for Pastor Eunuch if he agrees to reconsider my application to become a Pastor At Large in Eunuch's church.  I was even considerate enough to note in my application that I do not expect to be issued with a 52 million dollar Gulfstream 4 corporate jet right away, since a "fairly used" Cessna Citation Encore jet with less than 4000 hours can be procured for me at a very moderate 4 to 6 million US dollars, AND YET, despite this concession and olive branch from me, Eunuch continues his obstinate refusal to hire me.

I will write more on this subject when my blood pressure returns to normalcy.
tell me when to laugh please
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by nich(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2009
lipsrsealed
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by timmy7(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2009
Tell me when to laugh 2 o cos i dont find this funny. These guys are going 'gaga' grin
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Tudor3(m): 8:51pm On May 21, 2009
@sparkle
i have no beef with adejale. But i have a problem with pastors decieving poor nigerians and buying private jets with their money. Also building universities the average nigerian cant afford.
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Jakumo(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2009
To all you disgruntled elements who have made careers out of lampooning Pastor Eunuch, remember that it is Eunuch who helps to launder so much of Nigeria's dirty money, rendering it clean and Godly.  Praise the Lord !

Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by Oxone(m): 9:35pm On May 21, 2009
about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by oderemo(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2009
helps to launder so much of Nigeria's dirty money, rendering it clean and Godly. Praise the Lord

somebody shout alleluyaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. !
Re: You Must Pay Tax, Lagos Tells Pastors, Imams by ifele(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2009
You folks should not be trying to glamourize poverty. You know poverty is wicked suffering.

But you keep on quoting gospel and Jesus stories. Come on, poverty is man-made hell and we gotta end it or it will end us.

There is nothing wrong with religious leaders paying taxes. Religious leaders in the country dont care about eradicating poverty

becos religion is just another way for them to enrich themselves. We think we are giving to God but we are just giving to

crooks and parasites. Give to yourself today. Pat yourself on the back and say thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria - Swiss Court Sentences Dictator's Son - Abba Abacha, / Press Release On Terrorist Attacks In Yobe And Borno / Buhari, Obj And Danjuma Are Biafra War Criminals. Where Is Amnasty Report?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.