Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,989 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51916 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
What's with all the useless mentions I have been getting? Y'all won't get a reply from me.

For your information, I am still a Buhari supporter and will remain so until then..... cool grin

stop disturbing my mentions with your "wailer" crap!

This is a reply enough..

It's called Compound Replying.

I'm quoting you for the last time on this thread to acknowledge your compound reply.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
What's with all the useless mentions I have been getting? Y'all won't get a reply from me.

For your information, I am still a Buhari supporter and will remain so until then..... cool grin

stop disturbing my mentions with your "wailer" crap!
atleast get yourself a decent phone wth good camera. You sure can see how hungry you look. Old hag

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by donphilopus: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

God bless you for this honest opinion/advice. Buhari would definitely need Advisers like you. The difference between your write-up and that of wailers is that you're not only condemning but also proferring solutions while the wailers condemn, insult, curse and spew all sorts of gibberish against the President. Nice one!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ODUBEZE: 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
owanguy:
We should give this man a chance .he will be better than some of the past leaders
Na today? E don tey wey we dey hear this kind story! At the end what happens?
I am very much aware that Buhari will not do well. And having some like Osibanjo who is not decisive is a big blow to this regime. During Buhari military time Idiagbo was the one incharge. Had it been that Tinubu was left to be the vice to Buhari we would have been in a better place than where we are now. But this is assignment from God to know that all those noise Buhari was making that he will do magic in a second are all false. The worst is yet to come. This four years is operation fasten your belt. God help us. Amen.

8 Likes

PassingShot:
Warning: . .. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity:

Excessive Overseas Trip

May God Bless Nigeria BIAFRA!

This is the problem of Nigeria, the same thing you are telling ppl not to do is what you are doing, you are already telling us he is incompetent by not doing the right thing at the right time at the right place.... so bro welcome to the wailing club and i hereby confirm you the chief Lamenter grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lurcky:
After all you complains,

You said it urself
We will pass our verdict after three and half more years.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

1)Warning that began your lamentation doesn't hold in reality...

2)Do a comparative analysis of Jonathan first 7months in office vis a vis buhari...

3)If Jonathan isn't an option then buhari should not have contested at all because he isn't fit for governance intellectual-wise...

4)I challenge ALL APC supporters who claim buhari is good to name a single idea he has brought to governance since May 29th till date that does not Jonathan imprint boldly...so what makes him good or better aside ethnic cum religious sentiments... cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by chivic(m): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
I think it's either Buhari has poor advisers or they are scared to advice him,or even if the advice him he will not listen.What he need is prayers

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by roxell120(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
STILL LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT WORD TO DESCRIBE UR STEWPIDITY. INSTEAD OF APOLOGIZING FOR PLACING A DEAD HORSE ON THE THROWN U ARE SHAMELESSLY AND GLARINGLY DANCING NAKED AT THE MKT SQUARE. SHAME ON U FOR THIS POST . IF I WERE GEJ I WOULD SHARE A PICTURE ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA WHERE IM PICKING MY TEETH WHILE CROSSING MY LEGS ON MY TV

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dunkem21(m): 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:

The wailing wailers membership form is finished, so let them stay where they are. Ejoor, biko biko na beg I de beg u. We're no more admitting new members.
Thanks for your understanding as we meet to discuss the possibility of creating room for new intakes

Signed by Mogidi and Tonyebarcanista
President n secretary of wailing wailers association

Remain one form for me, abeg ..even if na that rumpled one ..

..ngenekwenu pleaded with me ..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ODUBEZE: 3:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
gwales:
Good one @OP
Anyway, I hate pdp
No kill yourself oooo. None of these parties know of your existence!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Beremx(f): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

This is a reply enough..

I'm quoting you for the last time on this thread to acknowledge your compound reply.
lol at compound replying.

I just said my mind my sister. I expected to see the useless mentions calling me a new wailer. The best I can do is to ignore abi?

Abeg make I tanda for viewers corner and read comments. grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:

..Hold am there ..

..Fresh Jambito wey never fill wailing form finish na him you dey toast like that

LoL! Not toasting her oh! As a matter of fact, I used to see her as a sister even tho I attacked her in the past.. It's all politics na! wink
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
kaycid77:

This is the problem of Nigeria, the same thing you are telling ppl not to do is what you are doing, you are already telling us he is incompetent by not doing the right thing at the right time at the right place.... so bro welcome to the wailing club and i hereby confirm you the chief Lamenter grin
Not same. Mistakes will surely be made and these ones by the president cannot be used to term him as being incompetent overall. He still has chance to correct his mistakes.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by DonXavi(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
ALISMILE:
u go wail tire for d next 3 and 1\2 years!
And if at all you've got a modicum of sincerity in you, I bet, you must be compelled to join the wailers in this 3 and 1/2 years, because you're going to witness a whole lot that'll change your perspective. Only if you're the suffering and smiling type that like to play the ostrich.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:

The wailing wailers membership form is finished, so let them stay where they are. Ejoor, biko biko na beg I de beg u. We're no more admitting new members.
Thanks for your understanding as we meet to discuss the possibility of creating room for new intakes

Signed by Mogidi and Tonyebarcanista
President n secretary of wailing wailers association

My dear, you no dey disappoint at all! wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by maestroferddi: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Lol... This is simply an insight into the psyche of the kind of people who support PMB. Unlike the 'G-E-J is G-O-D' squad, most of the people supporting PMB (especially from the south) are purely Nigerians who want a better quality of leadership in their country and these people will call a spade a spade. The allegiance is to good leadership and performance, not to senseless and shameless clannishness or religion.

PMB has committed several annoying gaffes so far in his first 6 months, but only an irrational 'G-E-J is G-O-D' adherent would wail that a 6 months old administration is a failure (compared to a 5 year long disaster of the past).
One would have expected that Buhari would learn from the mistakes made by previous administrations but he is evidently shaping up to be a more excruciating nightmare.

Jonathan probably would have done a better job if he were the one that succeeded Buhari instead of the current arrangement.

Buhari has been a disappointment so far...

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
donphilopus:

God bless you for this honest opinion/advice. Buhari would definitely need Advisers like you. The difference between your write-up and that of wailers is that you're not only condemning but also preferring solutions while the wailers condemn, insult, curse and spew all sorts of gibberish against the President. Nice one!

Rubbish , you and passingshot's advise and opinion ends in NL frontpage....who takes e-rats like you serious in real governance, who give a hoot about your imaginary existence in Nairaland, that Duala cattle rearer is not even good to be a local government councilor let alone president.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
donphilopus:

God bless you for this honest opinion/advice. Buhari would definitely need Advisers like you. The difference between your write-up and that of wailers is that you're not only condemning but also proferring solutions while the wailers condemn, insult, curse and spew all sorts of gibberish against the President. Nice one!
We owe this to our country and future. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by francizy(m): 3:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

This is a reply enough..

No mind her, with all her shakara, she go still be my friend whether she like am or not! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by veraponpo(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Excessive Overseas Trip

May God Bless Nigeria!

As much as you have your good reasons, you did not consider the fundamental reasons behind PMB's actions.

For example, the only reason why there is fuel scarcity now is because there was no provision for subsidy in 2015 budget made by Ngozi and Jonathan. PMB who knows this is a trap for him quickly made a supplementary budget to the NASS to avoid a constitutional issue. As a result, this is not his fault. Note also that the bill has been with NASS for about 2 weeks now yet to be discussed at the plenary by the Senate.

Overseas trip. Most of the times we castigate for no reason. Have we lost anything as a result of his trips? We have gained more than we have lost, if at all we lost anything. There is Cost-benefit Ratio Analysis in Management Accounting.

Is it,therefore not just a common-sense for him to embark on things that are helping our bilateral relationship with countries of the world. Nigeria has been talking about diversification from oil, the last trip he went was about gas and gas related issues, which we have in large deposit in Nigeria, does not follow normal logic that he should have attended such meeting when we stand to gain more than many countries in attendance?

finally, all these meetings are/ were equally well attended by the Head of other countries government as well, why are we now saying our own president should not attend such?
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ajepako(f): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
EMMAUGOH:
I THINK THE MAN KNOWS HE WILL DIE SOON, AND HE HAS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO MEET WORLD LEADERS SO THAT WHEN HE FINALLY GIVE UP THE GHOST, HE MIGHT HAVE A BEFITTING BURIAL AS THAT OF NELSON MANDELA...

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U BELIEVE THAT UR 70 YEARS OLD FATHER WHO WAS A FOOTBALLER WHEN HE WAS 30 CAN STILL SCORE GOALS IN HIS OLD AGE...SO U DECIDED TO PLAY HIM

Chai... You wicked die! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Kennydoc(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Lol... This is simply an insight into the psyche of the kind of people who support PMB. Unlike the 'G-E-J is G-O-D' squad, most of the people supporting PMB (especially from the south) are purely Nigerians who want a better quality of leadership in their country and these people will call a spade a spade. The allegiance is to good leadership and performance, not to senseless and shameless clannishness or religion.

PMB has committed several annoying gaffes so far in his first 6 months, but only an irrational 'G-E-J is G-O-D' adherent would wail that a 6 months old administration is a failure (compared to a 5 year long disaster of the past).

I will only believe you when I see people like NgeneUkwenu, Demdem, Omenka, and all those NL abókis critic Buhari's government constructively, like Passingshot has done.

He (Passingshot) is far more rational than most of Buhari's supporters. It's unfortunate that he'll likely be among the first to withdraw their support for Buhari. By then, he will go dumb on NL, for fear of being labelled a wailer.

Anyway, nice job Passingshot.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
ajepako:

Dude, so does it mean wailer's club beckons?

Anyway, I admit your write up is cool..

For the first time tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
No chance that I become a wailer. Wailers criticize everything and anything including the good ones.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by onatisi(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
Gradually gradually people eyes are beginning to clear and to see the realities of what we were warning about but unfortunately the worst is yet to come as dollardinho has prepared some very hostile and harsh economic policies starting from January. By the time ppls necks grow long like streetlights,nobody will supporters before they start shouting "no more change"

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

You are free to create a thread of those you know that I have failed to include. Or you don't know how to create threads?
grin grin grin...my brother you don enter bashing today oo...but its cool...our leaders need to be criticized for us to move forward...encourage your fellows to do same because suffering knows no party ...
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Rose2014: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:

Remain one form for me, abeg ..even if na that rumpled one ..

..ngenekwenu pleaded with me ..

No o even tear tear form I won't give u

Ngene and Omenka are never welcome cheesy those two must remain masturbators no matter the hardship they face shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

You are an unrepentant Buharistic sycophant who is incapable of putting the heat on him.

Show me a thread you have created or even a post you have made that strongly condemns his actions.

We all know the progenitors of God-Figure in Nigerian politics.
Buhari is the God who can do no wrong, even when you criticize him, you do so while massaging his ego.

Stop hiding under passingshot to form objectivity. I believe you are pained in a way that he created this thread.
Haha... I believe the history of a person's statements on this site are accessible to all so you can do that assignment by yourself. I questioned the delay in appointing ministers, I questioned the ban on IPMN generators, I questioned the unnecessary denials, cover-ups and general secrecy surrounding the recent death of our soldiers, I questioned the rationale behind PMB's refusal to appoint Igbos (even though I equally blasted the different Igbo groups who kept giving him unnecessary ultimatums on this matter), I also totally share passingshot's views on the poor response of the FG to the current fuel crisis. I dont have to open threads to prove my point, I hardly even open threads on this site.

And just to let you know, with just 6 months down the line, I have resolved to allow this government some reasonable time to settle down and watch the direction they want to go before I start throwing my own missiles; unlike some folks I know who irrationally and emotionally started criticising even PMB's height from his first week in office. Besides, most of my pro-buhari statements are mainly 'RESPONSES' to irrational outbursts from jonathanians who are still hungover from election loss and mainly criticise emotionally instead of objectively.

Meanwhile, can you yourself kindly show me where you criticised your hero GEJ even upon his multitude of gaffes?...

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Excessive Overseas Trip

May God Bless Nigeria!
Hey dude... U had better come and pick up ur wailers registration form for no fee than coming her to deceive urself. Shame!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Opinedecandid(m): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

You are free to create a thread of those you know that I have failed to include. Or you don't know how to create threads?

Why have gone to edit the thread and add more if my critique was mere wailing?

Grow up and learn to take constructive criticism as a clarion call for improvement.
Stop behaving like 'them'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

APC National Convention: Consensus Exclusive List (Photos) / Onnoghen: Protest By Lawyers Against Tanko Mohammed (photos) / 2019 Elections: The States Buhari And Atiku Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.