Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51919 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by ThisMeansWAR: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

To start with your last question- YES, we can do without petroleum in Nigeria, albeit with a lot of difficulty.
To your reference on PHCN, time, madam, time.
The telecoms and CEMENT dynamic change did not happen overnight. Slow & steady still wins the race when one is FOCUSED on the goal and ready to make needed SACRIFICE.........just like going to school for several years before finishing vocational, technical, polytechnic or university and starting a viable personal business of getting a job, not so
We BLACK people need to learn to patient;y work towards making steady progress, otherwise we remain SLAVES to the oyinbo "superiors" who nevertheless are EQUALLY intelligent as we are.
lol really? we can do without petroleum? sorry lemme ask, are you drunk? smh

cement really? do you even know how much a bag of cement cost with all the competitions?

even in telecommunication that you lot use as an example, do you want to compare the telecomm industry of Nigeria to that of uk that still have a functioning national network that is putting other private networks on their toes? .. no? here we decided to sell everything in the name of privatization.

you lot don't understand that privatizing any sector of our economy completely will never solve the problem but partially privatizing it is always a way to go.
why not retain phcn and allow private investors to also invest in power, that way everyone competes. people chose what is best for them.

what you people don't understand is, every businessman is in business to make money by any means necessary, only government institutions can enforce a true competition..
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by egobetatoday: 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
owanguy:
Lol . how can you just criticised him knowing fully well that nigerian problems are bigger than nigeria.

Good question! the answer is the same reason GEJ was criticised even though we all knew nigeria's problems are bigger than nigeria. Abi no be so?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by anonimi: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Elections are over bro... There are certain things which you should know are just election blabbings... Let's face reality.

You mean the "strong, incorruptible man of INTEGRITY" who is a retired General and the Vacant Pastor (VP) have NO integrity whatsoever and were simply telling us LIES to win our votes
Thanks for letting us know! grin
What a revelation!!!
Meanwhile I will take your advice to face the reality that Buhari & Osinbajo plus all their APC crew are LIARS.
Again, thanks.

egift:

I applaud the wisdom in pairing Buhari and Osinbajo.

One General. One Professor. One Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by egobetatoday: 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
bettercreature:
That is why i like APC supporters,we are not fanatics

it is good like that. its just that the Pdp bandwagon understood these things
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by mpowa(m): 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bros get this into ur brain, if buhari wants to recontest in 2019 no matter how bad he performs he will still win cos kaduna, katsina, kano, borno, jigawa' votes will alter lagos, osun, oyo, imo and pls dont think akwaibom, crossriver, rivers, delta will vote against him cos we will outrightly n totally support him to continue even till he finally dies on the seat.
have a swell evening n stop wailing.
baba dey clear pdp 16 yrs mess n he is taking things slow n steady, and at d fulness of time, things will normalise.

If he doesn't sit up and work. he'll be out, where are all the wonderful states you mentioned in 2011? or was PMB not a candidate? he enjoys the national goodwill of the people now, he shouldn't take it for granted. Goodluck's failure started in January 2012 when most people that supported him backed out, at the end of the day, the only people that'll support you when you've lost goodwill are your regions and religion, that will never win a presidential election, no matter their population.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by anonimi: 5:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
lol really? we can do without petroleum? sorry lemme ask, are you drunk? smh

cement really? do you even know how much a bag of cement cost with all the competitions?

even in telecommunication that you lot use as an example, do you want to compare the telecomm industry of Nigeria to that of uk that still have a functioning national network that is putting other private networks on their toes? .. no? here we decided to sell everything in the name of privatization.

you lot don't understand that privatizing any sector of our economy completely will never solve the problem but partially privatizing it is always a way to go.
why not retain phcn and allow private investors to also invest in power, that way everyone competes. people chose what is best for them.

what you people don't understand is, every businessman is in business to make money by any means necessary, only government institutions can enforce a true competition..

Is this the model in the US, Canada, UK etc where many Nigerians are running to
I believe our people say that the horses behind are inspired, in their race, by the ones in front, not so?
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Forwetinnah: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

Keep consoling yourself. I wonder how much longer before the scales fall off your eyes also.
How much longer?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3054865_vp_jpeg444345bcdcb410269d58d4e2bb72121a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2236329_fbimg1426964019374_jpegf0426a8233bbbeb8b2d08838e693f36e

gringringringrin
Good governance is not Rocket Science...now its Space Science. Ignoramuses

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by chccho(m): 5:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
DonXavi:
Your prefix caveat is in reality laughable.

You're disappointed discovering that you've been scammed with the change mantra, and instead of you to barefacedly admit it, you are trying to play smart.

What we're seeing with this presidency for now is just the prelude. We are in for an austere ride with the man Buhari.

Many of more sai Buharians will join the wagon of wailer in days to come. Because they'll find it very hard to defend this APC government with what we'll be witnessing some days from now.

Welcome grin grin grin
stop consoling yourself even if buhari is not the messiah that will take us to the promiseland at least he delivered us from Jonathan.. Nobody was fooled about the change mantra,rather Nigerians booted out the clueless one n if this one fails too we will do same...so stop wailing n live with d change n d fact that u will soon start realizing how useless ur Jonathan was
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
anonimi:

You mean the "strong, incorruptible man of INTEGRITY" who is a retired General and the Vacant Pastor (VP) have NO integrity whatsoever and were simply telling us LIES to win our votes
Thanks for letting us know! grin
What a revelation!!!
Oh yes.. the APC change is scam, it was just an election slogan to win the elections. Remember that politics is a game and the smarter player wins... Enough of these weeping and wailing and constant referrals to the 2015 election; the elections are over.... At least Nigerians now know they can remove even an incumbent president. The continuous wailing wouldn't help anyone.

Let us now all dust our PVCs and wait patiently for 2019 when we shall vote in PDP again. Nigeria must be better! cry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Forwetinnah: 5:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Elections are over bro... There are certain things which you should know are just election blabbings ... Let's face reality.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
..but people especially from the South voted APC because they believed the "election blabbings" ..did you just confirm that APC is Scam? Oh yes....you just did!!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Billygee2u: 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Observant: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
So after leading gullible Nigerians into hands of a well known unrepentant dictator you make a U-turn less than 6 months into his autocracy to complain? You lot lack shame hence have no problem whatsoever throwing your low IQ around.
Even a 5yrs old who have read the dictator's biography, history, antecedents and utterances in the past can easily predict his actions.

I even saw Berem complaining about Rochas...hahahah. By the time this fusion of dictatorial cluelessness and massive Lies come propaganda are through with Nigerians, half of the country might turn refugees in Ghana.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
Forwetinnah:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
..but people especially from the South voted APC because they believed the "election blabbings" ..did you just confirm that APC is Scam? Oh yes....you just did!!
Yes you heard that right... Enough of all these wailings even when next elections are still 4 years away... let's patiently just keep our PVCs safe and wait for 2019 when we shall all re-crown PDP to come and finish up where they and APC stopped.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Billygee2u: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
DonXavi:
Your prefix caveat is in reality laughable.

You're disappointed discovering that you've been scammed with the change mantra, and instead of you to barefacedly admit it, you are trying to play smart.

What we're seeing with this presidency for now is just the prelude. We are in for an austere ride with the man Buhari.

Many of more sai Buharians will join the wagon of wailer in days to come. Because they'll find it very hard to defend this APC government with what we'll be witnessing some days from now.

Welcome grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Please I don't have time for that. It was a loooooong torturous journey trying to explain to you guys why GEJ wasn't a good president but no matter what was said, even God himself would have had a hard time explaining to you guys.

The entire world could see GEJ's unsuitability, but ONLY the SS and SE could not see it then. Even now, most of the SS have finally admitted to this GEJ's unsuitability but stated the obvious reasons why they still just had to support him; hence only the SE is still yet to see this. Like I said, I don't have the time for that to go back into the torturous details, the elections are now over and God has already helped Nigeria by doing the needful on the 28th of March.

For now, I can only hope for things to get better.

Of course I didn't expect you to have time but I had to attempt to goad you into creating time nonetheless though I expected to fail grin see your hypocrisy? See yourself? Now you're too busy to point out the gaffes which you claim that the rest of the world could see abi? Or is your real fear not being pointed out for a hypocrite? Because I have already called you that so prove me wrong if you may
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by EdCure: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
owanguy:

yea
where?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by hush15: 5:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
basilo101:
Just admit that the Dullar.d has failed

I tire o. Just call a spade a spade....

All the so call professionals he employed as ministers and inec chairmen are already failing.

Minister of power and works, what is he doing as regards to light apart from banning generator.

Minister for inform, no idea than to start a campaign against African timing.

Minister for Labour and Productivity, people are loosing their jobs on daily basis

Inec Chairman who is suppose to act independently is influenced by the AGF and the ruling party or FG so to speak.

The list is endless....

So what else... its becoming more obvious and obvious as each day passes by that The APC led government has nothing to offer. Just vague promises and they didn't need to soil another personality to attain power

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
dewstar:

Off course GEJ's hands where tied, but myopic Nigerians refused to see this. It was even more tied considering the background he had (was not a military man and did not have powerful men as real friends to start with), myopic Nigerians did not see this. Even the powerful pseudo friend(s) and support he had and that would have helped him turned around to give a hand in pulling him down just because he would not play boy-boy to them, yet, myopic Nigerians would not see this.
TVC was interviewing a zambian this afternoon and she mistakingly revealed a secret. She was tring to seek Nigerian investors in there tourism industry when she mistakenly said that a lot of Nigerians have build refineries and some hotels in Zambia but that they need us more to invest in tourism. That's to tell you that most of our politicians and those cabals have refineries scattered all over the world. Why do you think such people would not sabotage our efforts in making our refineries work. There is God o!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

I'm a die hard apc supporter but I must say I love your selflessness on national issues like this! This is a true way to go, I de follow you passingshot. My wife is a pdp apologist, and ever since this scarcity onslaught, I get threatened of starvation @ home! No be small matter! Hope this gets to Lai Mohamed, and by para venture, Baba. Thanks.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Emmydek(m): 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, This Passingshot guy is the type of adviser any government in power should have, whether GEJ or PMB
The keyword is truth(which our leaders are allergic to btw grin) . As a leader, What's the point in surrounding yourself with sycophants n zombies that will keep singing ur praise even when u're obviously misfiring. grin
Yet once u fail and you're voted out, they'll be the first to decamp to the other party?

On a second note, I don't see Buhari as someone that listens to advice(Too bad, though I may be wrong). If that is the case, you might as well be talking to a wall grin
Hope he listens sha and address this issue ASAP. Instead of addressing the problem, all we're seeing is his Kim Kardashian pictures cheesy touring round the world when his subjects are keeping vigil at gas stations. Smh

Anyway those that trekked for him after the election. With this scarcity now, Their dream of trekking has come true.lmao

Nice job sir. Respect

There are many people who were like passingshot before entering politics but once they enter the goons will use money to block their mouths

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Okies27(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Excessive Overseas Trip

May God Bless Nigeria!
. If the climate change trip turns out to be true ,then,I wonder what he knows about CFC,greenhouse effects,ozone layer depletion n bla bla blas...Aboki shd be tending to his cows in daura but here he is ruling us.....end time zoo republic,end time proudly 5%....Iol
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by presido1: 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Elections are over bro... There are certain things which you should know are just election blabbings... Let's face reality.
When tell lies to obtain something that is 419 as we call it in local parlance. It does show integrity at all. Can we also absolve GEJ from all his election promises that he did not fulfill.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by hush15: 6:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
chccho:
stop consoling yourself even if buhari is not the messiah that will take us to the promiseland at least he delivered us from Jonathan.. Nobody was fooled about the change mantra,rather Nigerians booted out the clueless one n if this one fails too we will do same...so stop wailing n live with d change n d fact that u will soon start realizing how useless ur Jonathan was

Dude, wake up. President is President. The same capacity Jonathan had is the same capacity Buhari has. The same weigh Buhari measured Jonathan is by the same weigh he will be measured.

You don't have to like Jonathan but be honest to acknowledge that Jonathan didn't have to tell so much lies or raise undue propagandas to be where he was and to serve Nigerian people.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
owanguy:
Lol . how can you just criticised him knowing fully well that nigerian problems are bigger than nigeria.

Its no criticism, rather it's an objective observation that there should've been a presidential press release on the fuel crisis and of course, the trips are one too many in the face of impending crises especially when the missions or their aims are of little or no importance as relates to the issues at hand. This should be the job of Baba's advisers.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Malawian(m): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Excessive Overseas Trip

May God Bless Nigeria!
u never begin wail. grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
swagaholic:
Is passingshot now wailing?? Lmao, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin WE TOLD YOU SO

Mumu wailer! Common English you can't read with understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
coolitempa:
This is the mind of a balanced supporter not a blind supporter. I am with you on those two points......the President needs to stop excessive travelling and focus on the job at hand.. angry...the issue of petrol has gone on for long enough without any direction from him.... angry angry

If I hear... grin grin angry
His next trip is to import fuel.

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
presido1:
When tell lies to obtain something that is 419 as we call it in local parlance. It does show integrity at all. Can we also absolve GEJ from all his election promises that he did not fulfill.
Politicians are politicians bro... It is left for you to discern the difference between real promises and election jingles.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by presido1: 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Politicians are politicians bro... It is left for you to discern the difference between real promises and election jingles.
Their is nothing like real promise. It's either promise or deceit. Remember many used what you called "real promise and jingles" to mock people of south east when GEJ promised them 2nd Niger Bridge.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
kpez:

I'm a die hard apc supporter but I must say I love your selflessness on national issues like this! This is a true way to go, I de follow you passingshot. My wife is a pdp apologist, and ever since this scarcity onslaught, I get threatened of starvation @ home! No be small matter! Hope this gets to Lai Mohamed, and by para venture, Baba. Thanks.
Lolz @ get threatened of starvation grin
Let's hope and pray the president gets his acts right before long.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by stonemasonn: 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
Buhari's first mistake was seeing Tinubu as the enemy thereby allowing born traitors like Saraki as senate president and many more gaffes. When he is bereft of answers no one will come to his rescue and like Jonathan he will only have his unintelligent and clanish northern sycophants to further mislead him.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by OlowuNL: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
Add failure to downsize the Presidential Airfleet to the list, I don't understand why we have one anyway when we are broke and Buhari is trumpeting Change. I vote to sell the whole fleet and go flying Commercial; Malawi''s President did that in 2012, instead we have presidential advisers arguing that we have only spent $10 Million on maintaining the fleet in 6 month. Only few months ago Buhari was had no problem flying commercial, so he should be just fine - maybe this will reduce the inclinations of our Presidents to junket around the globe for both necessary and non necessary functions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Soldier Gives Children Gift At An IDP Camp / DSS Takes Over Sheikh Abduljabar Kabara’s Mosque, House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.