Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51908 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by eagleeye2: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
Firefire:

The CHANGE is real, sorry the suffering is real... cheesy
I was shocked seeing this thread on front page, and Passingshot, credited as the author.
WoW.......... It was as if someone poured cold icy water on me.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
eagleeye2:

Upon all your "WAILERS" gonna WAIL......

I never believed that I will get to see a day like this, where Passingshot and auntie Beremx will criticize this government.
Chai......... Is Passingshot and Beremx also among the WAITERS
that's because they are not political jobbers like you lots .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 4:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
please do!

A government that cannot listen to the cries of people it governs is an insensitive government. PMB's government is trying to be one.

May God heal Nigeria!

Trying to be or being one already? undecided
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by danwa25(m): 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
@ OP wat u shud ask yourself before critisizing the president for travelling is who are those other world leaders attending the meeting. Are expecting him to send a minister to a conference or meeting been attended by the Russian president or the US president.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Descartes: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, contrary to most views on here that he is a paid sycophant, he isn't.
He does wish the nation well, but as far as I'm concerned, he chose a wrong navigator.

You can be too sure...
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin
I dey tell you my brother grin

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

Define disaster as it pertains to the past 5 years oh you omniscient one let me give you my definition of catastrophe as it pertains to the past 6 months
You don't want me to start digging up daily gaffes that would even make me feel depressed would you?

If when these gaffes were freshly committed, you couldn't see them as gaffes, then I would be wasting my time pointing them out to you now.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by anonimi: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
every time obj increseases fuel, he would say he removed subsidy and deregulating downstream.. There are many jingles about it then self canvassing support for it, 6 months later, he is removing the subsidy he already removed before. You now wonder,.. Which subsidy again?

Point is, there are many cabals eating fat on this crises... Even if the government hands off petroleum sector completely, the problem still won't go away and probably get worse... Why?

1st, petrol price will continue to rise, and the government won't be able to do anything about it.
Even now that we still have government regulating everything and paying heavily on subsidy, we still have some importers and marketers hoarding fuel to create artificial scarcity in order to make more money .. Now imagine when nobody is regulating nothing ..
look at countries like Britain that put everything in the hands of capitalists...a liiter of fuel goes for as high as 500 naira per liter during oil boom the citizens can pay because the minimum way alone covers it but can the same be said about Nigeria where minimum wage is less down 60 pounds? Can you buy fuel at the rate of 300naira per liter when the crude oil price increases again ?

The only solution I would offer is investing more into refineries and supporting private refineries.. That way, the government won't have to import any fuel in to the country, and Any subsidy would be paid to the private refineries or goverment refineries..

That would make importing fuel less lucrative and cabals will disappear in a blink of an eye.

We could even exchange oil for subsidy.. We own the crude oil, we give it to refineries in nigeria free, then they refine and sell to nnigerians at a very cheap rate .. I heard nigeria comsumes less down 100thousand barrel per day, that shouldn't be a problem for Nigeria that produces over 2million barrels per day.

Madam, please go and find out how we transited from effectively paying SUBSIDIES to the moribund NITEL and getting shitty telephone service just over 15 years ago to our government RECEIVING licence fees, taxes and even MTN mega-trillion naira fine.
You should also find out how we transited from multiple government-owned cement factories and serious shortages, hoarding and high prices to the stiff competition among producers with low prices.
REDUCING subsidies is very different from completely REMOVING it and deregulating the market such that we RECEIVE money from private investors instead of paying out to cabals.
Britain and other "developed" countries have moved away from loss-making government ownership of producing goods and services to REGULATION of private owners.
Then come back let's discuss seriously.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Buharis 6 months in office is worse than GEJs 5 years in office.

U can keep deceiving urself if it makes u sleep well in d nyt
Lol.. Chuna85... No need! grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by anonimi: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
ajepako:
Finally , this dude woke up from Ugheli weed- induced sleep?

At last, he is seeing dem Baba in his true colours for his ineptitude and ill-preparedness for governance..

So, GEJ can rest today..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3115319_fbimg1448250582417_jpegc4783182a1b9ab0ed04c3f1b5f5e1fbf
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Firefire(m): 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
modath:

Mo ti so ti inu mi tele, mi o ni reason lati pe ipade le lori ni, awon aise deede wa ti o ye ki olori wa se amojuto e ti o se bi wipe asiko wa titi lailai but....Jona still no be option.. smiley ...This is bad, ti e o ba da bi wipe aye ma pare.

Iyafin Modath,

Mo ri be jare iyami, ogbeni Buhari se bi wipe Igba ohun lo bi orere, ju odun merin lo.... undecided

Ko mo wipe ohun to un tan ni ogun odun.

Ewo mi, beni Jonathan le ma je option, sugbon awa kan ri wipe, eredi Buhari ni lati gba agbara pada si ile ariwa.

Awon agbagba ile karo o jire lodi si fi fa Buhary ka le, sugbon awon kan ni enu awon agba un run.

Oju gbogbo wa lo n se bayi, orun de un ya bo, ki se oro enikan.

PashingShot.
Ajepako

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin

Thank u my brother.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by eagleeye2: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
that's because they are not political jobbers like you lots .

Me a political jobber? hahahahahaha....... you got to be kidding me girl. I got no time to waste on no dirty business.
Fvck you for even thinking that I am on the side of any politician.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by dewstar: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Descartes:

It told him and I quote "The taste of faeces is determined by the fragrance of the fart (Igbo adage) wink

APC farted so much into their nostrils that it completely destroyed their sense of smell. Now they are eating the faeces with grumbling on one side of their smelly mouths. Sure, they still have the shameless audacity to describe the grumbling with words like "constructive criticism" and "political maturity". Smhhh.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Firefire(m): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
please do!

A government that cannot listen to the cries of people it governs is an insensitive government. PMB's government is trying to be one.

May God heal Nigeria!

Amen!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 4:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:
[s][/s] We still prefer him to j0nadaft tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Speak for yourself alone zombie undecided

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Eruditor: 4:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

You are letting unintelligent wailers get to you. There are a few things you are not taking into consideration and they are affecting your analysis.

GEJ and NOI created this budget PMB is currently working with. In this budget, they allocated only N150B for subsidy fully cognizant of the debts they owed the PMS marketers even before now. Have we forgotten so soon how terrible the "fuel" situation was in May before PMBs swearing-in? Do you recall that the PMS marketers held this country at a stand still because they knew GEJ had refused to settle his debts and they were petrified that PMB (going by his character) would refuse to pay off the same debts.

PMB made a proposal to your NA asking for 413B to help supplement the subsisting budget and the major chunk of that sum is for subsidies on PMS. The FG is ready to make the payments as soon as that proposal succeeds at plenary, but I doubt it has gotten there. I only saw it being superficially discussed 2 weeks back. This is the major issue with the fuel situation.

There are atleast 2 others on this thread that have given salient explanations to some of the issues you raised. I understand your objectivity but we need to be careful when it feels like we are responding to the whims and caprices of ignorant and chronically wailing knaves.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Firefire(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
ajepako:

Omo Iya, nigba wo niwo ati sobi-sako yi di paddy?

heheheheheh grin grin grin grin grin

Omo iya, emi o ma ni ota ni te mi ooooo, ija o da ola, ere lo ye ka ma se.

Buhary ti fi un fi iwa inu re han awon eniyan Nigeria pe, cHANGI NA fAKE nI grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:

Mention one good thing Jonah-daft left? By the time he was going, we were borrowing to pay salaries.

Jonathan ruled like a human being n he always respected Nigerians. Ur darling dullard has been ruling as a tyrant n has laid a very solid foundation to destroy nigeria. grin

Well this is even just d beginning.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by sleekymag(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Wailers wail and condemn irrationally while genuine supporters criticize mistakes. I can NEVER be a wailer but will always be ready to criticize constructively.

Peace.

Before the coinage of the term WAILING WAILER, a good number of GEJ supporters criticized constructively, but you lots chose to label them as WAILING WAILERS. Any criticism was met with indignant reproof even without considering the merits of such criticisms. Now what you're doing is simply towing the line and it won't be out of place to call you a WAILING WAILER. Welcome to the club by the way. Closet wailers are accepted. embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by likila: 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
the barstard buhari is dishonoring our gallant soldiers by denying and hiding thier deaths.
he promised to lead them into Sambissa forest battle but is no where to be found.
Now instead of doing parade at militay burial, he inspecting guards in iran, pakistan, afghnistan, sudan, tchad, ...
idiot
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by lomprico(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!
Welcome to the club. smiley
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by mpowa(m): 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
The one I find annoying is addressing pressing national issues when he's out of Nigeria, it seems he care for Nigerians in diaspora more than at home.

I voted for Buhari, I will never regret voting out Jonathan, I can't imagine how the country will be now if he's still in power, I don't belong to no party, I don't do sentiments so I can criticize any government objectively - IF BUHARI FAIL, 2019 IS LOADING!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by sunsewa: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
kontinu supporting him until the day wey una go carry leg waka come back house,kon see say amala and ewedu no show face,una go wail pass wailers,because wailers don arrange themselves gidigba for dullarpo long trip to bermuda triangle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Eruditor: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
jomoh:

Dear Passingshot

I share your sentiments on the fuel scarcity issue. At the least the Minister of State for Petroleum could've release a press statement stating what and what they are doing to address the situation.

On the issue of travelling around, I think I have a contrary opinion on it.

I hate to see it when people complain that PMB keeps travelling around. I think I remember vividly between 1999 and year 2000, people were counting the number of countries OBJ had travelled to.

A serious government don't just sit in his office to govern especially not the President of a third world country that has numerous issues and serious diplomatic breakdown inherited from the previous administration.

You particularly mentioned his trip to Iran. Here you suggested that he could have sent Ministers to represent him. How can a any president send ministers to represent him at a function that the likes of Vladmir Putin himself was personally present. You can imagine the kind of diplomatic row and ridicule that will have on our country.

Every of Buhari's trip has been a very strategic trip that sending Ministers can simply not suffice.

Also before a President of any country can decide to personally attend a foreign function, diplomatic confirmation wouldve been made of the attendance of other heads of state other invited countries. So if the attendance of heads of state of more influential countries has been confirmed, why then will a Nigerian president send Ministers to represent him.
The only reason that can make a President to send his ministers is when it has been confirmed that other invited countries are also sending
Ministers as representative Or is itr possible to send a minister to meet with president of another country.

Also there are types and categories of foreign trips.

1 Invitation by the host nation. (It is stated if it is the minister that is requested or the head of state himself)

2 Initiation of visit by the visiting country. This is when the visiting country decides to make a visit himself to discuss issues.

3 Function is the type that he is going for in Paris. He may decide to send ministers but if it is confirmed that heads of states of paticipating countries are to be present, he will have no choice than to be present.

There are more of this. The request visitation, letter of invitation or purpose of visitation will always determine who and who travels.

This is a very huge error on your path as I believe you know better but it seems you're paying too much attention to the noise of wailers and its starting to reflect on your analysis.

PMB is not GEJ that travels without motive. I lost count of the number of times GEJ travelled to Israel. Most of it were not to meet with the Israeli prime minister. One of such was when Stella Oduah went to meet him to settle her corruption case.

Please brother we are still a developing nation that needs to travel to strengthen our diplomatic relationships with countries and also our bilateral agreements. Don't join the clueless wailers in their moribund bandwagon.

This is a balanced post.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
like play like play, this fuel scarcity is going to 2 weeks now...
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by owanguy(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
EdCure:

Are you really from Owan?

yea
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by naijaking1: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
As a proud 5% er, wailer, patriotic Nigerian, I simply say ITYS. I told you so!
There is more disappointment from Buhari where that came from. Buckle up, it's gonna be a long ride.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Descartes:

You can be too sure...

Naaa
He's not.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
sweatlana:

Under Jonathan
Fuel 87. Rice 7500 - 8000.
Under Buhari
Fuel 200. Rice 12500

Fuel was never bought at 87 naira under him. In the whole of SE especially, sellers were doing whatever they deem fit. It was when Buhari came on board that we started buying 87Naira.
For Rice, the same mount i was paying for it under Buhari is the same today so i wonder which market u are going to purchase ur own.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
You don't want me to start digging up daily gaffes that would even make me feel depressed would you?

If when these gaffes were freshly committed, you couldn't see them as gaffes, then I would be wasting my time pointing them out to you now.

Please do undecided matter of fact I dare you to! angry am sure you can't hide behind memory loss or alzheimer's as we live in the digital age and don't use time wasting as an excuse either as some of us would appreciate being reminded why we should be feeling relieved from "terrible governance" then as compared to now
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
chuna1985:

Jonathan ruled like a human being n he always respected Nigerians. Ur darling dullard has been ruling as a tyrant n has laid a very solid foundation to destroy nigeria. grin

Well this is even just d beginning.

Are u mad? what human being are u saying? is he not the fool that unleashed soldiers with armored tanks on harmless protesters in Lagos. ordinary police was unleashed on Biafra agents and u goons are complaining. Jonah-daft was an animal in aso rock.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane / Spot The Difference Between GEJ And PMB Service Chiefs / Hajiya Gambo Sawaba: ‘The Most Jailed Nigerian Female Politician’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.