Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,186 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps (51949 Views)

Why Are Pres. Buhari's Most Trusted Aides All Igbos..driver, Cook And Physician? / yoruba leaders insist buhari most remain in power / #2016inreview: See Buhari's Most Controversial Quotes In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Panshow(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
This Buhari of a man shouldn't take our support for him for granted. We'll as well join the wailers should the situation prevail and believe me, it's not going to be funny.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
arresa:

Regarding fuel shortage, the whole process is rotten and unsustainable and plastering with bandage instead of retooling the whole structure is nothing but a waste of time and continued enrichment of the same individuals benefiting from the same cruel arrangements.

Nothing gets turned around without pain. As Nigerians, we sat around for decades and did nothing to effect any change to the dangerous fuel arrangements that spells nothing but vulnerability and future pains so keep crying for the same dangerous bandage to be applied just to ease our temporary pain?

The whole system has to be restructured just like many parts of our badly damaged economic and social institutions so allow them time to restructure the system.
Sorry, six months is enough to have decided what to do to prevent this current scarcity. No excuses will suffice here.

After decades of lousy and incompetent leadership, the first thing the rest of the world hope to see is a willing and trusted leader to talk to and do business with so it's very important for the president to personally engage these world leaders one on one. This is building trust and courting good relationships for our own good.

Where is the sense and rational in asking ministers or aids to talk to Obama, David Cameron, Angela Merkel or to events where the president was personally invited to y world leaders to attend the G7 summit? I just don't get it...

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

PMB went to India just like other Presidents like Uhuru Kenyata and other African leaders. Some engagements demands the presence of president to show seriousness and diplomatic courtesy.

PMB was just in Iran which going by the other attendees like Putin tells you that this is a presidential level engagement and not the kind of engagement you send a lower government official to.

There are diplomatic requirements and sensibilities guiding many of these engagements..

In fact, we've see the VP representing PMB in many international engagements like the ones below...

This kind of needless thread I expect from the useless wailers and other anti Nigeria elements..

Change is not waving magic wand to fix decades old problem, it's working hard to lay fresh foundation for a better tomorrow.
If you read me well, you'd understand that I am particular about the last Iran trip for two reasons. First is because of the fuel imbroglio we're facing without showing any concern and the second is the fact he went with Min of state and Min. of Power at a very critical time.

What about the ban on "I pass my neighbor" generators? That's surely another misstep because you don't ban such when electricity is still appalling. Provide electricity and watch the importation of such generators die naturally.

Finally, I am a supporter of the president but my support for him is not unconditional. If he makes glaring mistakes, I will not think twice to say it loud and clear. The only benefit I stand to gain from his presidency is good governance. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by obailala(m): 6:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
presido1:
Their is nothing like real promise. It's either promise or deceit. Remember many used what you called "real promise and jingles" to mock people of south east when GEJ promised them 2nd Niger Bridge.
You should be able to filter between wheat and chaff... When a politician tells me they will pay 25million people N5000 monthly, I simply know it's election blab. When a politician also tells me Nigeria will have uninterrupted power by 2012, or add 4000mw of electricity to the grid per year, I know that is just hogwash. I did not support the new government because of such flimsy promises.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
pls count me and my family out of this your "we". You loggage!!!
Shut da fùck up retąrd
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

Speak for yourself alone zombie undecided
Your father
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by 400billionman: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:
Warning: Let no wailer see this as an opportunity to wail uncontrollably. This article is in line with my personal resolve to call the president to order on this forum whenever he missteps. Besides, GEJ was not an option in the last election. So, please keep your sermon of “we told you”, “we warned you”, “Buhari is incompetent” and other bla bla blas to yourself.

Fuel Scarcity: Deafening Silence from the president
One area that our hopes and expectations of good result of Buhari’s presidency were high is in the petroleum industry. Apart from the fact that the president has failed to find a permanent solution to the issue of oil subsidy in the last six months he has presided over the affairs of Nigeria, he has also failed to provide petrol to Nigerians at the regular pump price of N87 and with ease.

To say that the current situation of fuel scarcity has brought untold hardship and resulted in irreplaceable loss of productive time is an understatement. The more worrisome is the fact that the president who doubles as the nation’s minister of petroleum has not deemed it fit and necessary to address the nation (through TV or through one of his media aides) on the hardship citizens are passing through and also use the opportunity to apologize and assuage our anger. This silence is too deafening to be ignored and I hereby condemn it in its entirety, the president’s handling of the fuel scarcity we have at our hands. He should as a matter of national urgency address the nation on what is happening, the government’s efforts to normalize it and above all the long term solution (if not permanent) to the problem. Anything short of this amounts to taking Nigerians for a ride. Pure and simple!

Excessive Overseas Trip
Another area I think the president has erred in recent times is that of gallivanting abroad at every given opportunity. When ministers had not come on board I could understand the need for him to personally attend to those numerous summits and conferences but with the coming of all ministers I’d expected that there will be a drastic reduction in such journeys. The latest one to Iran for Gas Exporting Countries didn’t require his personal presence plus that of Ibe Kachikwu (Min. of state for petroleum) and Tunde Fashola (Min of Power, Works and Housing). He could have let Kachikwu and Fashola attend that one and if he must attend he should have let Ibe Kachikwu stay at home tending to the fuel crisis at hand.

As if the gaffe of the Iran trip was not enough, I read moment ago that the president is due to lead a delegation to Paris on Climate Change! Now, this one is a trip too many in my opinion. We have more pressing issues at home than climate change. Besides, we have a minister of Environment who can lead a Nigerian delegation if we must attend. Why our president must reduce himself to “Ajala travels all over the world” in the face of enormous challenges at the home front beats my imagination.

Dear PMB, you have a chance to prove to Nigerians that we did not make a mistake in electing you president. If you however choose to do as it pleases you even in the face of sufferings of the common man, 2019 is not far away.

May God Bless Nigeria!

General Muhammadu Buhari is enjoying his retirement from army at the expense of Nigerians tax payers money.

Cant you see he is an old man ?

Allow him joor..

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by banio: 6:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
Am a die hard fan of GEJ. Am praying that 9ja gets better. Let's stop shouting 2019 is by the corner. We will vote APC out if they don't perform.
I just remembered that I was disenfranchised by INEC, I have my temporary card but no PVC.
Long live Nigeria without disenfranchisation
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by PassingShot(m): 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Eruditor:

You are letting unintelligent wailers get to you. There are a few things you are not taking into consideration and they are affecting your analysis.

GEJ and NOI created this budget PMB is currently working with. In this budget, they allocated only N150B for subsidy fully cognizant of the debts they owed the PMS marketers even before now. Have we forgotten so soon how terrible the "fuel" situation was in May before PMBs swearing-in? Do you recall that the PMS marketers held this country at a stand still because they knew GEJ had refused to settle his debts and they were petrified that PMB (going by his character) would refuse to pay off the same debts.

PMB made a proposal to your NA asking for 413B to help supplement the subsisting budget and the major chunk of that sum is for subsidies on PMS. The FG is ready to make the payments as soon as that proposal succeeds at plenary, but I doubt it has gotten there. I only saw it being superficially discussed 2 weeks back. This is the major issue with the fuel situation.

There are atleast 2 others on this thread that have given salient explanations to some of the issues you raised. I understand your objectivity but we need to be careful when it feels like we are responding to the whims and caprices of ignorant and chronically wailing knaves.
For all it's worth, PMB knew the situation on ground six months ago when he was sworn in. He must have realized he will have to need supplementary budget to pay marketers their subsidy long before now. So, why did he wait till just about 2 wks ago to send a bill to that effect? Also, why has he failed to address the nation about the situation when it's clear there was no immediate solution?

I don't think six months is too short to nip a potential catastrophe in the bud. The president failed to act early enough to prevent this current crisis and I don't think anyone can explain this convincingly.

I hope he gets his acts right though at the end of the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:
Your(my) father bleeped your mother into bow legged stupor
That don't make you kin to me a$swipe undecided
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by nicechizyy(f): 7:03pm On Nov 25, 2015
All the youth that voted this retarded old man in is more dullard than him...QED
We are yet to see the main change ..I mean negative change. Che GEJ knew nofin, Only time will tell. Dullard Nigerian youths.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by bolanto24(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
IcecoldDon:
I just don't understand what Buhari is thinking!!!. There are some gaffes he does that are so silly....you can't even defend him.

From the absolutely unnecessary 5% debacle that has so infuriated the east, to the unnecessary delay in ministerial nominations, delay in award of any kind of contract or feel good infrastructural projects...not to talk of this present fuel situation and the accompanying deafening silence.

He now adds irrelevant travelling about with key Ministers to the mix. What in God's name are his advisers doing......

Does he look like one who takes advice He is Mr know it all.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by bolanto24(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
obailala:
Lol... This is simply an insight into the psyche of the kind of people who support PMB. Unlike the 'G-E-J is G-O-D' squad, most of the people supporting PMB (especially from the south) are purely Nigerians who want a better quality of leadership in their country and these people will call a spade a spade. The allegiance is to good leadership and performance, not to senseless and shameless clannishness or religion.

PMB has committed several annoying gaffes so far in his first 6 months, but only an irrational 'G-E-J is G-O-D' adherent would wail that a 6 months old administration is a failure (compared to a 5 year long disaster of the past).

You are yanning nonsense.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
What's with all the useless mentions I have been getting? Y'all won't get a reply from me.

For your information, I am still a Buhari supporter and will remain so until then..... cool grin

stop disturbing my mentions with your "wailer" crap!
Wailing wailress... u will wail till 2019 grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by lekancaring(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
Let dem know
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Mogidi: 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:

The wailing wailers membership form is finished, so let them stay where they are. Ejoor, biko biko na beg I de beg u. We're no more admitting new members.
Thanks for your understanding as we meet to discuss the possibility of creating room for new intakes

Signed by Mogidi and Tonyebarcanista
President n secretary of wailing wailers association

You wan injure me wit laff abi? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BlueMurder(m): 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
I think the OP was naive to hope that wailers would not gloat all over this thread. In fact, the way some of them go about it makes me wonder whether it is to anyone's benefit for the government to fail. I mean, if the government does well, we'll all benefit; if it fails however, we'll all suffer the consequences. So why do they gloat ever so hideously whenever there's any bad news like terrorist attacks, fuel scarcity, etc?

That said, I must say I understand and share the OP's frustration. Make no mistake about it, I am a diehard Buhari supporter who has always voted for him at great risk to my safety, due to his personal integrity and immense goodwill. But I'm not happy about his handling of the economy thus far. The economy is far too critical to be left on autopilot. Indeed, long before ministers were appointed, the President was given approval to appoint Special Advisers, but to this day, he is yet to have an SA on Economic matters! Surely, that's not good enough!

I think the President needs to re-connect with Nigerians. He should restrict his foreign trips to those which, for now, will fetch us only immediate net benefits. As for fuel scarcity, I understand the reasons for the unfortunate quagmire. To me, his silence is not a problem if Kachikwu and other officials are talking. But in the face of dwindling revenues, I think we should bury all sentiments and stop the fuel subsidy now. Then in the long term, get all the existing refineries working and encourage the private sector to build more.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

That don't make you kin to me a$swipe undecided
Senseless jobless frustrated retąrd.

Go to your father's room Your whòre mother is naked and waiting for you.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by OlowuNL: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

For all it's worth, PMB knew the situation on ground six months ago when he was sworn in. He must have realized he will have to need supplementary budget to pay marketers their subsidy long before now. So, why did he wait till just about 2 wks ago to send a bill to that effect? Also, why has he failed to address the nation about the situation when it's clear there was no immediate solution?

I don't think six months is too short to nip a potential catastrophe in the bud. The president failed to act early enough to prevent this current crisis and I don't think anyone can explain this convincingly.

I hope he gets his acts right though at the end of the day.
It is even more annoying that Buhari having previously been a Minister for Petroleum and also a former President cannot be said to be Clueless like GEJ. Ensuring that fuel is available is not exactly rocket science, especially for a commodity in decline. If there's a Cabal and they won't playball either circumvent them e.g. by bringing in your own guys, he was elected to make sure these problems do not occur.
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:

Senseless jobless frustrated retąrd.

Go to your father's room
Your whòre mother is naked and waiting for you.

*pukes*

Do you take me for a ret@rd like you and your family? Must you announce that you and your mother give each other head? undecided for your information me and the rest of the sane world are extremely disturbed by you and your family's depravity

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:

Shut da fùck up retąrd
asshole
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Emperortj93(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:

The wailing wailers membership form is finished, so let them stay where they are. Ejoor, biko biko na beg I de beg u. We're no more admitting new members.
Thanks for your understanding as we meet to discuss the possibility of creating room for new intakes

Signed by Mogidi and Tonyebarcanista
President n secretary of wailing wailers association
lolzzzzzzzzzzz
laugh want tear my belle
help me tell beremx and co say we are no longer giving out our form. They can wait till next year when we start to admit new members or better still remain with their mastubarting crew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
BraniacX:

*pukes*

Do you take me for a ret@rd like you and your family? Must you announce that you and your mother give each other head? undecided for your information me and the rest of the sane world are extremely disturbed by you and your family's depravity
Mstcheewu

I blame myself

This what you get when you argue with a cretin and a bastąrd miserable son of a whòre and a nonentity drunkąrd old foól father.
Be healed ijn
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
asshole
Thunder fire you
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by HzRF(m): 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Firefire:

He is still a trainee in the school of liessssssss cheesy
D guy no try
The lie huge

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
Demdem:

Bastard son of a rotten kunt. U aren't a case but just another inconsequential ibotic fool. I attend to u only and just for my pleasure. u don't and can't dictate that. grin

Dude, your signature gives the impression you live in delusional land.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:

Mstcheewu

I blame myself

This what you get when you argue with a cretin and a bastąrd miserable son of a whòre and a nonentity drunkąrd old foól father.
Be healed ijn

Bwahahahahahahaha grin

How many years, dictionaries and English tutors did you need to come up with that recycled trash? cheesy seriously, I'll give you a break and forgive you now go and sin no more boy cool
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by arresa: 8:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
PassingShot:

Sorry, six months is enough to have decided what to do to prevent this current scarcity. No excuses will suffice here.

You care to explain to us exactly wheat he should have done to prevent fuel scarcity?

Please do that instead of the vague and flyby proclamation.

First is because of the fuel imbroglio we're facing without showing any concern

This is your own personal opinion and I don't even know what you need to see to convince you that he's concerned apart from waving magic wand to make the issue go away overnight...

and the second is the fact he went with Min of state and Min. of Power at a very critical time.

I'm glad he went with him because he did for a reason.

We both know these meetings are opportunities to strike energy and power deals on the side so who do you have in place to do the negotiations? Your power minister and oil and gas professionals.

How do you travel to a oil and gas summit to engage leaders and players from other oil and gas entities without taking your own man in charge of oil and gas? Makes zero sense.

What about the ban on "I pass my neighbor" generators? That's surely another misstep because you don't ban such when electricity is still appalling. Provide electricity and watch the importation of such generators die naturally.

Maybe you have a point here, just maybe because I haven't sturdy the issue or their rational behind this policy..

Finally, I am a supporter of the president but my support for him is not unconditional. If he makes glaring mistakes, I will not think twice to say it loud and clear. The only benefit I stand to gain from his presidency is good governance. Nothing more, nothing less.

What you termed mistakes sometimes are hard and unavoidable policies made based on facts and data available to the folks involved and making the decisions.

I have no problem criticizing or blaming this administration for any wrong doing, but my criticism got to be rationale, objective and sensible.

I voted for change and I'm not under any kind of illusion that change comes without pain. I believe in the President and his capacity to get us out of our 55 year old mess once and for all.

If you don't believe in change or if you don't have any personal convictions to stick with what you believe in, then leave change alone and move to the other side and from the way they are cheering you up, the bigots, illiterates, the biafrauds and anti Nigeria elements w'd love to have you...
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by MizMyColi(f): 8:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
slimmy05:
atleast get yourself a decent phone wth good camera. You sure can see how hungry you look. Old hag
undecided
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
[s]
BraniacX:

Bwahahahahahahaha grin

How many years, dictionaries and English tutors did you need to come up with that recycled trash? cheesy seriously, I'll give you a break and forgive you now go and sin no more boy cool
[/s]
Coward

Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by 400billionman: 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Beremx:
Your last paragraph sums it all.

I withdrew my support for Rochas because it is obvious he has failed woefully in governing IMO state. I might do the same to President Buhari if he keeps with his sluggish and non-challant attitude in dealing with hardship Nigerians are facing.

I am still angry that small generators have been banned without due consultation from the nigerians. I haven't seen any genuine reason why it was banned.

PMB should not disappoint people who voted massively for him.

Hehehe.

I pray all youths will stop being sychophants..

Leadership does not belong to old men..
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:

Mstcheewu

I blame myself

Be healed ijn

Please nairalanders, what are these two on about?!
Re: President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps by BraniacX(m): 8:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
bulldoza:

Coward

Which cavity would you be communicating your vowel trade with? Hope not your a$s notoriously sodomized by your father? shocked.

And on fvcking myself, I'll pass as it isn't necessary grin your b1tch sisters fvck me well already cool and am responsible for them walking with so much swagger(bow legged) wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Killed 14 Boko Haram Terrorists Before He Was Killed / Ongoing Construction Work At Yaba Bus-stop (PHOTOS) / Umahi’s Posters On Samsung Phones, Iphones As Northerners Pose With Them(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.