Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch (32989 Views)

Another Terrorist Attack: Obiano Have Been Exposed For Hiding The Truth / DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / Buhari's Return: Major Cabinet Shake-Up Likely This Week - The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Sixfootah(m): 9:55am On Dec 06, 2015
Mariejay:
Its funny how the igbos r now the ones justifyin wat d BH are doing, likenin it to their own biafra case, so they r also terrorists?, These r d people that SS wants to go with?, these chameloens?, well as for edo n western delta we r nt biafrans, the igbos can neva b trusted. Forming d Niger-deltaland is d only solution for SS until then One Nigeria
go learn a better mind games technique... This one is outdated

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2015
HungerBAD:
Nigeria needs peace.

Just imagine, if there is retaliation in the North? in the calculation and game of who loses more, i think it will be the Easterners. There is a reason, people have been begging these guys to take it easy.

In the game called "WAR" everybody is a loser.

Let us not start something, we cannot be able to predict the ending.

Confirm

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2015
Though am not a biafrian.
The Northerners know that Biafra agitation was the agreement the Nigeria govt of Gen. Gown Rtd. had with the Biafrans after the civil war, that's why they are soft.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by ElCapone(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2015
coolzeal:
I'm agnostic to violence but they should also be reminded that no one has monopoly on violence. The movement to actualize Biafra is peaceful and they should return to their base of living.

So much propaganda..

Its easy to say on Nairaland
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by toofit007: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2015
the only thing that will end this biafra of a thing is the unconditional release of NNAMDI KANU and the immediate call for REFERENDUM. but until that is done............ PROSTEST CONTINUE......... S.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by toofit007: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2015
ur sighted.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by nerodenero: 10:06am On Dec 06, 2015
Mariejay:
Its funny how the igbos r now the ones justifyin wat d BH are doing, likenin it to their own biafra case, so they r also terrorists?, These r d people that SS wants to go with?, these chameloens?, well as for edo n western delta we r nt biafrans, the igbos can neva b trusted. Forming d Niger-deltaland is d only solution for SS until then One Nigeria
My submission that you quoted was devoid of sentiments but high on objectiveness. FG should rather analyse the root cause of Biafra's agitation so that we don't have Biafra fighting Nigeria in the East and the continued fight bokoharam in the north. These two combine would reduce Nigeria to nothing if the situation isn't address. Trust me, every Nigerian would be affected.

Finally, I'm not Igbo but a Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
hmmm...

When a small boy sees a snake, he mistakes it for a rope until ..
All that's happening now reminds me of what happened after Ahmadu Bello was killed. @ first, the northerners were quiet..but they were thought to be cowards.. and instead of apologizing to them, they were bn ridiculed(with the interview they claimed to have with Ahmadu Bello in his grave)..what happened after is not a story to tell at all. I only hope it doesnt happen again.

Like I stated earlier, "when a small boy sees a snake, he calls it a rope.........cos he is only a boy" SMH
Well good riddance,the north has shown how violent they can be through the years,we aren't cowards and we are VERY aware of what could follow.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Sixfootah(m): 10:08am On Dec 06, 2015
99billiondollar:

Confirm
Nigeria needs no peace until these structural imbalances are addressed... What sort of peace does Nigeria need, when regulated, organized child bearing was suggested and individuals from certain regions, kicked against it citing religious reasons.. The same regions, have above national level FERTILITY RATE with almost zero ECONOMIC OUTPUT.. They're against birth control legislation Cuz they've been using fictitious census figures to get more Oil money...

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by highmood(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2015
M4gunners:
Nigeria don't spoil since before you was born. As it stands now , it's getting worst everyday. How many hours of light did you have yesterday? Have you been able to drive freely without being harassed by a police man?
Oh maybe we should fold our hands and watch fulanies headmen come from north and take over the oils in the east to make you happy.
Mr, you guys should sometimes be mute about the ownership of oil. Every statements shouldn't be all about oil. Every time oil! Nowadays, countries are looking for alternative means of generating revenue but you are here talking about our oil. And for the Biafra, whatsoever process that should be taking to ensure the existence of Biafra, should be done peacefully-no killings, no destruction of properties of whomsoever whether ibos, yorubas or Hausas because if it comes to existence, all ibos in other states cannot rush down to the newborn country immediately. We the Ibo youth should be careful with our comments, I notice some of us talk so much about some issue even when we know little.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by M4gunners: 10:13am On Dec 06, 2015
highmood:
Mr, you guys should sometimes be mute about the ownership of oil. Every statements shouldn't be all about oil. Every time oil! Nowadays, countries are looking for alternative means of generating revenue but you are here talking about our oil. And for the Biafra, whatsoever process that should be taking to ensure the existence of Biafra, should be done peacefully-no killings, no destruction of properties of whomsoever whether ibos, yorubas or Hausas because if it comes to existence, all ibos in other states cannot rush down to the newborn country immediately. We the Ibo youth should be careful with our comments, I notice some of us talk so much about some issue even when we know little.
Thank God you said other Countries and not Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by samplegirl(f): 10:15am On Dec 06, 2015
Ahzyz:
we no igbo people wan to spoil dis nation

God no go gree 4 una

useless biafra.

The nation never spoil finish? Wetin remain? E be like say you no know a spoilt nation self?

Mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Trustworthiness: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2015
ikechu1278:

Oya let's compare and contrast... Provide proof of Igbo burning mosque in Onitsha starting from last year till this year alone and I'll provide proof of Hausa burning churches from last year to this year alone. And let's see who did it the most. Deal

I think what you should ask yourself is, who is responsible for holding back on achieving your biafra state, the Muslims or the Federal government of Nigeria?
Is your Biafra agitation is a religious inclined one or tribal inclination?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by dyn1800: 10:16am On Dec 06, 2015
Sometimes a well educated biafool lets their evil agitations clouds their level of reasons..... Some of my brothers from the east are intelligently foolish.
GstringAngela:
This is one of the many reasons why i say you biafran terrorists are just too ignorant. So you can get a UN referendum by burning a mosque, setting six dangote trucks ablaze, and looting shops ?

Prof Joy Ogwu, an igbo woman is the current Nigerian permanent secetary to the UN, why dont you tell her to help you facilitate a referendum, why is she not even saying anything about biafra ?
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by samplegirl(f): 10:17am On Dec 06, 2015
ugolance:
It was a case of Peaceful protest hijacked by miscreants. Upper Iweka still littered with burnt heavy duty trucks. Heavy military checkpoint in and out of Onitsha. #NotAGoodOne

Pics please?
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by uncleade(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2015
BlackTechnology:
[.] angry

Punch newspaper is owned by which part of Nigeria.? East or West
what has that have to do with this matter?I can see you coming.if it is owned by the west, the information is false.BIAS MIND.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by chukzzy1(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
hmmm...

All that's happening now reminds me of what happened after Ahmadu Bello was killed. @ first, the northerners were quiet..but they were thought to be cowards.. and instead of apologizing to them, they were bn ridiculed(with the interview they claimed to have with Ahmadu Bello in his grave)..what happened after is not a story to tell at all. I only hope it doesnt happen again.

Like I stated earlier, "when a small boy sees a snake, he calls it a rope.........cos he is only a boy" SMH

So you think only the northerners are capable of genocide...if you think so,then you don't know the gravity of the trouble brewing here in the east.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by charlsecy(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
HungerBAD:
Members of the Hausa community in Onitsha, Anambra State, who fled the town following the two-day pro-Biafran agitation fracas, which resulted in the death of about nine persons and destruction of properties, are still into hiding.
No wonder, I couldn't find an Hausa man to buy kwili-kwili from.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by samplegirl(f): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
When churches are burnt in the north and shops looted no one says anything because they are untouchable.

A mosque was burnt in the east, it will be all over the place.

Simple truth is that we hate ourselves in this country and have right and opportunity to correct the mistake of yesteryears.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
hmmm...

Are you calling for reprisal attack indirectly or are you reminding us about the millions of death which your almajirii brothers have committed in which they went unpunished? Nobody has monopoly for violence

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by chukzzy1(m): 10:27am On Dec 06, 2015
GstringAngela:
This is one of the many reasons why i say you biafran terrorists are just too ignorant. So you can get a UN referendum by burning a mosque, setting six dangote trucks ablaze, and looting shops ?

Prof Joy Ogwu, an igbo woman is the current Nigerian permanent secetary to the UN, why dont you tell her to help you facilitate a referendum, why is she not even saying anything about biafra ?

What do you even know about politics and international diplomacy..go and cook

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by kraftykc(m): 10:30am On Dec 06, 2015
GstringAngela:
The Jos riot of 1945 was politically motivated it had nothing to do with a burnt Mosque/church. Moreso, Nigeria was still under colonial rule then. After the Jos riot of the 1940's & the Kano riot of the 1950's and the hostility the Northerners have shown the Southerners, Azikiwe still went to ahead to form a coalition government with the same Northerners becauase of his greed and lust for power.

There wont be a reprisal attack. Arewa wont harm your people over here in the North neither will they burn your property, but they would respond and respond appropriately

Oh? So what were they reprising in 2000 (Kd), 2001(Jos), 2006 (Maid), 2008 (Jos), 2009 (Jos)?

What did Southerners do to deserve such violent reprisals?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by ibadanfinest(m): 10:36am On Dec 06, 2015
Apart from Nnamdi KANU, I don't think the Ibo's have other leaders openly supporting them.

Its very simple, have referendum, the ibo elites should be willing to make sacrifice as they have Billions of investment in other region which will be affected cos they will be treated like foreigners.

Until then, we will just be losing innocent lives for nothing.

While also protesting for self determination, you should also protest for good governance, the poor infrastructure we have in this country isn't just the fault of FG o, Governors self follow join.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by midolian(m): 10:37am On Dec 06, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Are you calling for reprisal attack indirectly or are you reminding us about the millions of death which your almajirii brothers have committed in which they went unpunished? Nobody has monopoly for violence
No No! That's not what I am saying. I am only saying what this situation needs is an unreserved apology and not mockery in any way. Willie obiano apologised on their behalf yesterday and I was impressed. I hope the youths won't spark any fire with what they post online and what they say offline.
Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by kraftykc(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2015
I'm tired of this talk.

I don't support the Biafran actualization. But I don't have the right to say it should be stopped because we are in a democracy.

Burning the mosque was wrong and the government should arrest many of those boys and make them rebuild it.

After that I also hope some Northern governors apologize to all those Igbo man that they failed to protect over the years. How many churches have been burned? How much have the Igbos lost? Fairness must be fairly applied.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Banter1(m): 10:42am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
hmmm...

AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 06, 2015
midolian:
No No! That's not what I am saying. I am only saying what this situation needs is an unreserved apology and not mockery in any way. Willie obiano apologised on their behalf yesterday and I was impressed. I hope the youths won't spark any fire with what they post online and what they say offline.
sorry your first comment is different from this shallow rebuttal. Nobody has monopoly for violence

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2015
HungerBAD:
Nigeria needs peace.

Just imagine, if there is retaliation in the North? in the calculation and game of who loses more, i think it will be the Easterners. There is a reason, people have been begging these guys to take it easy.

In the game called "WAR" everybody is a loser.

Let us not start something, we cannot be able to predict the ending.

Why is it so hard for u to understand that IGBOS no wan do again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch by Banter1(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2015
GstringAngela:
Arewa are smarter than you biafran terrorist. You guys have got brawn but no brain.
Arewa wont harm your people up North, but i can assure you that anything chaotic protest in any state in the south east again would precipitate a presidential order for a state of emergency in that state. Your Governor would be removed and the Hausa whom you love to hate will be the military administrator
that's right bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan, PDP Under Fire Over Buhari ‘death Threat’ / Nigeria Delegation At UN Gen Assembly In New York (Photos) / How To Check Your Voter Registration Details Via SMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.