Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness (27993 Views)

Ipob Split: Ipob Releases Official Statement, Accuses Buhari Of Cluelessness / A Compendium Of Buhari' S Cluelessness: Femi Aribisala / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:09pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:

Do you know the number of people who have shares under this OML, the number of people who enjoy from this license?

do you know how many people they pay salaries from this OML?

the truth is that, you just want to downplay the importance of this OML and make look as if it is nothing.

check the cabals in this country, most of them are from the north and southwest. so when do you think these people will release their hands from this funds.
Guy, I DON'T care about who own the OML. I want Resource Control that will benefit SS communities. Can't you get it?

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

Thank you. Gotten what I want.. Now am done with this argument.
[size=14pt]
That cuz no igbo Man pushed for it...

it was a 100% South South struggle..
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Ugomba(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
Whats the essence of creating this thread?
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by ichukwu48: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

[size=13pt]Look, this is Africa and this is Nigeria...

Things wont change overnight...

lets use my state Akwa ibom for example..

back in 1998, the capital Uyo was a glorified shithole..but thanks to the efforts of our South South brothers, we got our derivation which was not what we wanted, but we also got a commission to build infrastructure that commision names is NDDC..

now it wont remain at 13% forever, even the Fulanis and the Niger Delta slaves like Rotimi Ameachi know this, we would clamour for more, as long as Buhari ignores the confab report we would cry for more..

so now we are stuck with 13% derivation and an EXTRA Investment Fund into our people and development in the name of NDDC
[/size]

You are so dumb it's ridiculous. the 13% would remain FOREVER. Every effort to increase it have been either thrown away by the north or ignored. While I'm at it, incase you are not aware or never read any history book EVER, in 1958, the oil derivation for every oil producing community was 50% which took a dramatic decline to 10% to 1968. It is currently moved to the 13% which does not seem to be changed and will never be changed judging from every factors we see today.

While I'm at it, peter odili must be chinese to you since you've been asking the stupidiest question repeatedly.

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
ichukwu48:

You are so dumb it's ridiculous. the 13% would remain FOREVER. Every effort to increase it have been either thrown away by the north or ignored. While I'm at it, incase you are not aware or never read any history book EVER, in 1958, the oil derivation for every oil producing community was 50% which took a dramatic decline to 10% to 1968. It is currently moved to the 13% which does not seem to be changed and will never be changed judging from every factors we see today.

While I'm at it, peter odili must be chinese to you since you've been asking the stupidiest question repeatedly.

[size=14pt]do you even knopw the job of NDDC and how much is their budget?

do you know the job of Ministry of Niger Delta and how much is their budget

if you know what the NDDC does, you would know that the 13% is small...

continue..
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

That cuz no igbo Man pushed for it...

it was a 100% South South struggle..
You want us to start again?
It is no longer Niger delta, now you've jumped to SS..
But who are the people from south south that pushed for it, if at all no Igbo man pushed for tge support of 13% oil derivation for all oil producing states? which some states are not even in south south.

Besides there are Igbo's in south south... But never minding...

3 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by ichukwu48: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

[size=15pt]
what kind of rubbish talk is this again..

first you make up a lie of SS bringing SS down, you now go on and mention Asari and Tompolo..bunch of Privateers..

when Obong Victor Attah was campaigning for creation of NDDC, Tompolo was bursting pipelines.....

we SS likes our peaceful freedom fighters..
[/size]

Which groups are currently ignoring and fighting Ogoni wish for self government? Is it or is not Other RIVER STATE MINORITIES? yes or no?

Which groups are currently fighting Ndoki and Egbema wish to be returned back to the state that were carved out of? Is it or is not not again SS group? Heck who's all over NL changing their history?

Which group are currently fighting against Anioma state creation? Is it or is not again other SS groups?

Mind you I'm from Delta state...Delta North precisely. You can stay on NL lying to yourself, those of us that grew up in SS knows WTF is happening in SS

4 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

You want us to start again?
It is no longer Niger delta, now you've jumped to SS..
But who are the people from south south that pushed for it if no Igbo man pushed for 13% derivation for all oil producing states, which some states are not even in south south.?
Besides there are Igbo's in south south... But never minding...

[size=14pt]THERE are Igbos in SS, but the biggest campaigners for the 13% WERE NOT IGBO

just drop it...

Obong Attah and the Swao Wiwas are far from Igbo...

same with the Ijaws and Ogonis
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Guy, I DON'T care about who own the OML. I want Resource Control that will benefit SS communities. Can't you get it?

You want it and you fold your hands? how will it come to fruition?
You mentioned ken sawo wiwa and likes who were failures bc you folks are still rendered helpless. though they tried...

So what are you doing to make this happen or you wanna do it through keyboard struggle??

9 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by HopeAtHand: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Cc: Truckpusher, HopeAthand, Mulatoclaro, Enahi, Goodboiyy, IzonOwei, Talktimi

I saw that thread, the Op is obviously Igbo..Igbos usually resort to insulting any tribe that does not support/side them in whatever misguided and irrational step they take, especially tribes/ethnicities from the former eastern region.

Callin the Niger Deltans names does not detract from the fact that we have made efforts to better our lot in Nigeria..Nigeria is a very complex, difficult country to navigate..there must be steady and wide consultations, bargainings and "political lobbying" to get even the basic things done..it may not be proper but one has to learn that the peculiarity of Nigeria has made the country so..Igbos being a major tribe have not even fared better and as such want out..wanting out though, does not guarantee Eldorado, there are no certainties as the rot has gone deep into all ethnic groups and tribes.

Igbos should either assist Niger Deltans achieve so much within Nigeria or leave us alone.we dont need their distractions.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by TheOnlyWiseMan: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Igbo is that? Are you believing this lies? Go check, the SS wanted 25% in the 1994 Abacha Conference. We pushed for 25% and NOT 13%.

No igboman pushed for it on our behalf!

Hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
ichukwu48:

Which groups are currently ignoring and fighting Ogoni wish for self government? Is it or is not Other RIVER STATE MINORITIES? yes or no?

Which groups are currently fighting Ndoki and Egbema wish to be returned back to the state that were carved out of? Is it or is not not again SS group? Heck who's all over NL changing their history?

Which group are currently fighting against Anioma state creation? Is it or is not again other SS groups?

Mind you I'm from Delta state...Delta North precisely. You can stay on NL lying to yourself, those of us that grew up in SS knows WTF is happening in SS

Anioma state creation is a pipedream..

lets be honest to ourselves here, if the Anioma state talk goes to senate it would be squashed, and we would get alienated..

right now lets do with what we have and not fight for every land..
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by ichukwu48: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

[size=14pt]do you even knopw the job of NDDC and how much is their budget?

do you know the job of Ministry of Niger Delta and how much is their budget

if you know what the NDDC does, you would know that the 13% is small...

continue..
[/size]

I'll repeat what I said earlier..you are slow as it gets.

Going down from 50% derivation to 13% derivation is NOTHING TO BE PROUD ABOUT. You went down and there are no effort being made to change that.

3 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by basilo101: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
Lol, Midwest was Azikiwe's brainchild to remove igbos in Anioma from the grip of Awolowo, remember Dennis Osadebey ruled midwest. Ikwere ppl met wit Zik several times to help create Portharcourt state to remove ijaws, abacha later created Bayelsa for the ijaws while Rivers retained PH. Adaka Boro and Saro Wiwa were killed like Chikens, Ojukwu who fought a full scale war was pardoned and given state burial. Igbos supported GEJ to restructure nigeria which will greatly benefit the SS but the parasitic north and west ganged up to scuttle that.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
YoundDoctor:

You want it and you fold your hands how will it come to fruition?
You mentioned ken sawo wiwa and likes who were failures as you folks are still rendered helpless and likes but they tried...

So what are you doing to make this happen or you wanna do it through keyboard??

[size=14pt]do you even know how Oil Licenses work?

if a South South company gets the license, the SS wont benefit from it

we benfit from the tax being paid, it does not matter if the Company is chinese or fulani
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by ichukwu48: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

lets be honest to ourselves here, if the Anioma state talk goes to senate it would be squashed, and we would get alienated..

You see exactly WTF I'm saying.

I'll repeat my statement:
The people fighting against those wanting to fix their situation in SS has always been other SS groups.

Hence I'll state again, SS is helpless and ignorant.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Preyetonye(m): 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Which Igbo is that? Are you believing this lies? Go check, the SS wanted 25% in the 1994 Abacha Conference. We pushed for 25% and NOT 13%.

No igboman pushed for it on our behalf!
Igbo man been lookin out for himself since time memorial, Even going as far trying to disunite d SS for their own selfish reasons, removin d likes of edo, n western-delta frm SS, because they knw they need d likes bayelsa(for oil), PH (for seaport) and Cross river n akwa-ibom for population in their so-called biafra, SS is made up of 6states no goin back, we r united n we r nt biafrans, eyes-up!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
ichukwu48:

I'll repeat what I said earlier..you are slow as it gets.

Going down from 50% derivation to 13% derivation is NOTHING TO BE PROUD ABOUT. You went down and there are no effort being made to change that.

[size=14pt]at least they heard us?? thne they created a Commision for us and a Ministry to attract Non Oil investments into our SS

now what has the Nigerian Government done for your South east tears?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Ugomba(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

how is Anioma state a pipedream? Tell me
Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

THERE are Igbos in SS, but the biggest campaigners for the 13% WERE NOT IGBO

just drop it...

Obong Attah and the Swao Wiwas are far from Igbo...

same with the Ijaws and Ogonis

First you said that you people didn't ask for 13% derivation?
I gave you the benefit of doubt to know if you are mistaken.
Now that am giving you the benefit of doubt, why not leverage on that and prove it to me by telling me the personalities that participated on 13% derivation for all oil producing state?
Give me names...

Mind you those peoples name you just mentioned were failures to ND, they couldn't even get 1% oil derivation let alone resource control.

5 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
ichukwu48:

You see exactly WTF I'm saying.

I'll repeat my statement:
The people fighting against those wanting to fix their situation in SS has always been other SS groups.

Hence I'll state again, SS is helpless and ignorant.

when I said its a pipedream

I meant the yorubas and Fulanis would never let it happen...

you igbos need to realize who to make friends with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by VickJames(m): 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Now, how is the fight for resource control coming up?

any news yet?

stop saying wishful things and fight for the things that can be given to you.

8 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Sweetguy25: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
Was there any South South in 1994?

6 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

do you even know how Oil Licenses work?

if a South South company gets the license, the SS wont benefit from it

we benfit from the tax being paid, it does not matter if the Company is chinese or fulani

Just listen to yourself... I guess you are happy via cheer ignorance getting tax money...
So what's the essence of resource control then?
Since you enjoy 100% tax of your oil resources.

Stark illiterate and jingoistic fella.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by davo3286: 9:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I read a thread written by a member of this forum with username 'Sweetguy25' titled Reasons Why Yoruba And Hausa Are Happy Being Nigerians. In the thread, the writer, inspired by the figment of his own imagination gave some reasons why some ethnic groups are 'happy' being Nigerians. In the said write-up, the writer wrote some insulting remark on the Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities in the Niger-Delta. In the words of the writer, "the reasons why Ijaws and other minorities in the South South are “content being Nigerians” Ignorance and helplessness. .

The position of the writer on the Ijaws and other ethnic nationalities within the Niger Delta region is a statement cluelessness and ignorance to be fair with the author. May I remind the author that the ethnic minorities in present day Edo and Delta states are the first and only group of post-independent Nigeria that got their demand(Midwest) through referendum after years of civil agitation. Till date, no other group in Nigeria have got ANY of their demand through referendum. It is on record that an Ijaw youth named Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro was the first in the history of Nigeria to declare an independent republic in 1966, the Niger Delta Republic. It is on record that an Ogoni man named Mr Ken Saro Wiwa defied the military junta of Abacha to press for an end to environmental pollution in Ogoni land and the Niger Delta region. It is on record that Ijaw youths in the late 1998 defied the military government of Abdulsallam by declaring their bill of right in Kaiama, Bayelsa state. This was after the Ogonis have did theirs in 1991. In fact, virtually all ethnic nationalities in the south south including Ikwerre, Urhobo, Oron etc have their respective Bills of Right, all of which are before the United Nation Organisation, African Union, ECOWAS, Commonwealth, and the Federal Government of Nigeria. Though I don't support armed struggle, it is on record that the first post civil war group to carry arms against the Nigeria State are Niger Delta youths, when the demanded an end to marginalisation.

Considering all these, is it not in place to state that the author of that said article is misinformed? Can a helpless group declare sovereignty in the military era? Can a helpless group challenge Abacha? Can a helpless group pick up arms? Can an ignorant group maintain their advancement for fiscal autonomy? Were the Midwest(Edo and Delta) ignorant and helpless when they pushed and got demand for a separate region? Can ignorant and helpless group identify what they need from the system, document them and present them to local and global authorities? Why then should someone make himself to believe that Niger-Deltans are 'happy' being Nigerians due to ignorance and helplessness?

It is always proper for people to check records before uttering statement in public that portrays them as ill-informed and clueless.

I believe that no Nigerian is happy with the present state of the country irrespective of the position of the selfish and greedy elite. The ethnic nationalities in the south south shall continue to advance for fiscal autonomy within the Nigeria State by exploring every peaceful and legitimate option available. A time shall come when Nigeria State will be left with no option but to call for all ethnic groups to a round table in order to restructure the system for the good of all Nigerians.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria

Yes, he is right. More than 80% of us, so called Niger Deltans, are ignorant. The remaining 20% are mindful. While ALL of us are helpless. So, my guy stop exhibiting your ignorance of the fact because it is clear.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by vladimiros: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
ichukwu48:

Are you this stupid?

50% DERIVATION TO 13% derivation is NOT "they heard us". You still not getting ANYTHING. Are you that dumb? You getting not even a quarter of what you used to get and in your mentality you think you actually "won" something.

While I'm at it, I'm not even from SE so WTF does SE have to do with this. Not only that, SE is also part of 13% derivation, likewise the two states in SE is also part of the NDDC. So in reality, you STILL aren't getting ANYTHING.

[size=14pt]Fulanis have been clamoring for grazing lands since the 1970s, yet nothing..

Yorubas, well yorubas have been clamouring for whatever suites them, yet nothing

we SS fought for Derivation we got 13%, a Development Commision and a Government Ministry and you say " they did not hear us"

haba!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
vladimiros:

any Igbo who sas Obong Victor Attah was a failure to Akwa Ibom is a fool, a huge be F.. fvcking Fool..

you don't know who the respected elders are in the SS, yet you push an igbo agenda on us

unam ikot..

Am not a fool as I didn't say so...
But coming to the question if he failed the ND as a whole.? Mehn the guy is a failure in quote.

Coming to Igbo agenda to us... Is it the Igbo's from the SS or from the SE.
And who are the US? Is the Ijaws,annangs,itshekiri,Edo?

Be specific so I can understand what you mean by Igbo agenda.

3 Likes

Re: Calling Niger Deltans "Ignorant And Helpless" Is The Height Of Cluelessness by arresa: 9:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
VickJames:
The south south region are helpless and that is the pure fact.

you listed a whole lot of things and what is the effect of what isaac adaka boro or what happened to ken saro wiwa? all these men lived in dreams and when real decision were made, those things they fought were taken into obscurity.

how many years did the midwestern region last?

where is the niger delta republic?

You claim to be from south south but i bet you have not really been to the different local governments where oil is been drilled. these people constitute one of the poorest people in this country.

your south south is helpless because if you are powerful as you think and bring senseless history, 80percent of the oil wells will be owned by the people from the region and not from faraway north.

if you think that south south isnt helpless, your brotherly in Udi would not have been killed by obasanjo government.

the south south are helpless because with the northerners drinking your oil wells, no man in the south south have the license to mine gold in sokoto or in osun. but they have license to head the refineries in warri, ph. a northerner is also the md of shell nigeria.

so, you are powerless and helpless. they called your brother a drunkard.

they locked your freedom fighter, asari in an underground prison.

they killed your former freedom fighters.

yes you are powerless and helpless

With your own current predicament, history and state of hopelessness, you are definitely in worse situation and you have no business calling other people clueless. Look in the mirror..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

See The Paymaster Caught With N15m Cash That Sacked Ondo Speaker Akindele / Nigeria Diplomatic Passport: Why Politicians Don't Release Theirs After Office / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.