Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. (71830 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I think one or two storey building are not too structurally demanding, when properly done their is nothing to be worry about.

I think Mr erico2k2 is doing great with his building project and everything will come good at the end of the day.

We just have serious problem with standard and codes in Nigeria because we copy everything and we don't have the right institutions to enforce or look after building construction.

I advice most of my new client to build according to their small budget and in most cases simple but beautiful low cost bungalows.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
OK true talk, I dont think I will do this if it was any bigger, even this is giving me sleepless night.Im just trying to get this decking over and done with then relax small.The way this Iron rods keep increasing, very soon 12mm rod will B 2K the way things dey go.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 4:18am On Sep 12, 2016
erico2k2:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
OK true talk, I dont think I will do this if it was any bigger, even this is giving me sleepless night.Im just trying to get this decking over and done with then relax small.The way this Iron rods keep increasing, very soon 12mm rod will B 2K the way things dey go.

I know what you mean by decking business o. Several nights I spent with Abdul was very helpful and meaningful.
I have to give him credit for all his helps. Everything he taught me then was hanging in my head when they were doing the decking.
Very helpful and thank God I had a good builder by the name of Aventures, he also made it look so simple like Spyder... after completion I surely did breath sigh of relief o. Aventures saved me a lot of money on certain areas.. like renting woods/bamboos instead of buying.
We also over-buy all the materials like Stone dust, Iron bars, granites... we both knew we are buying excess but I always make sure I have enough materials... so the left-overs were used for upper floor lintels/pillars (iron/granites/stone dust) and installation/hanging of the parapets with irons and stone dust with granites too... Aventures never took any leftovers from the site and even gave me account of what is left, counted in the presence of my brother who is the Site Manager... I respected Aventures for his honesty. Thank God materials were at normal cost then... that was in December/January 2016. He even recorded some of the process and sent it to me like I was there live.
Professional Builders will make you sleep well and peaceful at night. smiley

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 12, 2016
mufutau55:

I know what you mean by decking business o. Several nights I spent with Abdul was very helpful and meaningful.
I have to give him credit for all hi helps. Everything he thought me then was hanging in my head when they were doing the decking.
Very helpful and thank God I had a good builder by the name of Aventures, he also made it look so simple like Spyder... after completion and the cost I breath sigh of relief o. Aventures saved me a lot of money on certain areas.. like renting woods/bamboos instead of buying.
We also over-buy all the materials like Stonedust, Iron bars, granites... we both know we are buying excess but I always make sure I have enough materials... so the leftovers were used for upper floor lintels (iron/granites/stone dust) and installation of parapets with irons and stonedust with granites too... Aventures never took any leftovers from the site and even gave me account of what is left counted in the presence of my brother who was the Site Manager .. I respected Aventures for his honesty. Thank God materials were at normal cost then... December/January 2016. He even recorded some of the process and sent it to me like I was there live.

Hajji M.

I envy you sir.

We're all here so I'm at the mercy of total strangers but god watches after his own.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by BlueMountain1(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hello Erico, all the very best in your building project. God willing, I'll be starting a residential building in PH by the dry season. Would you kindly share your contacts for Bulk Cement purchase, granite and sharp sand supplies?

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I envy you sir.
We're all here so I'm at the mercy of total strangers but god watches after his own.

True. God will surely guide us thru.
But you are really doing good monitoring your project.
Just keep doing the little you can do. God bless.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
BlueMountain1:
Hello Erico, all the very best in your building project. God willing, I'll be starting a residential building in PH by the dry season. Would you kindly share your contacts for Bulk Cement purchase, granite and sharp sand supplies?
Thanks bunch . Erme what exactly are you asking ? I do not understand you
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I envy you sir.

n worry Deris God do not 4get your money has receipt .

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
mufutau55:

I have to give him credit for all his helps. Everything he taught me then was hanging in my head when they were doing the decking.
Very helpful and thank God I had a good builder by the name of Aventures, he also made it look so simple like Spyder... after completion I surely did breath sigh of relief o. Aventures saved me a lot of money on certain areas.. like renting woods/bamboos instead of buying.
We also over-buy all the materials like Stone dust, Iron bars, granites... we both knew we are buying excess but I always make sure I have enough materials... so the left-overs were used for upper floor lintels/pillars (iron/granites/stone dust) and installation/hanging of the parapets with irons and stone dust with granites too... Aventures never took any leftovers from the site and even gave me account of what is left, counted in the presence of my brother who is the Site Manager... I respected Aventures for his honesty. Thank God materials were at normal cost then... that was in December/January 2016. He even recorded some of the process and sent it to me like I was there live.

Hajji M.
No be small thing,I am trying in all ways to avoid wastage.I wish I can get to rent decking woood.But 4 the lintels, I managed to buy used wood frm some other site.I was lucky to get 110 PCs of 1x12
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 2:41am On Sep 13, 2016
erico2k2:

No be small thing,I am trying in all ways to avoid wastage.I wish I can get to rent decking woood.But 4 the lintels, I managed to buy used wood frm some other site.I was lucky to get 110 PCs of 1x12

Just that I saved 400k, imagine.

Hajji M.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2016
mufutau55:

Just that I saved 400k, imagine.

Hajji M.
tell me about it.those kpako for the lintel I bought 130 ' PCs at N300 as against N900/one . I realy wish I could see someone to rented wood/boards frm for the decking. Here in PH.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Sep 18, 2016
Now we have completed all Lintel and Arcs,
Decking Loading,I have to call Dangote again wink wink wink
photo credit :The Mrs on a very wet day grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by jossy26: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2016
Bros, this una camera na wa oo, do you really need to post these pictures No blur ou eyes abeg grin grin grin . Good progress though

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2016
jossy26:
Bros, this una camera na wa oo, do you really need to post these pictures No blur ou eyes abeg grin grin grin . Good progress though

Oya Erico do the needful. Send oga madam a good camera.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Oya Erico do the needful. Send oga madam a good camera.
Madam say it was raining heavily so she nor fit go there so she send bricklayers to snap so he used his Nokia 3210 na D result be dis grin grin.will get mor clearer ASAP

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 3:30pm On Sep 18, 2016
erico2k2:

Madam say it was raining heavily so she nor fit go there so she send bricklayers to snap so he used his Nokia 3210 na D result be dis grin grin.will get mor clearer ASAP

Better than no pics at all. At least you have the ideal of the levels. Take another picture for your keep later.
God go dey help us... with all these material increase.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
mufutau55:

Better than no pics at all. At least you have the ideal of the levels. Take another picture for your keep later.
God go dey help us... with all these material increase.

Hajji M.
Thanks Boss.the house must complete weather materials add money or not
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by twinskenny(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2016
erico2k2:

God will provide surely... He has started he must finish it

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
erico2k2:

Yes o. Deffering it just means more expenses later.
We go finish am by God grace o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes o. Deffering it just means more expenses later.
We go finish am by God grace o.

Hajji M.
Exactly, and we are moving 4ward.
Plz Im still looking for decking wood to rent in PH anyone with info is highly appreciated.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Miscellaneous(m): 9:39pm On Sep 20, 2016
Gone through all pages & I'm quite satisfied with fantastic contributions. Erico2k2.... God bless you & project... thank God u created a thread for us to learn.
Contributors I salute all..... the thing is that I have a burning question.

How come a 9" block uses less sand compared to 6" as posited by someone?

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by olumide4christ: 2:46am On Sep 21, 2016
Miscellaneous:
Gone through all pages & I'm quite satisfied with fantastic contributions. Erico2k2.... God bless you & project... thank God u created a thread for us to learn.

Who is the someone who posted that
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2016
Miscellaneous:

Thanks. And in other news5
The 9 inches was hollow and the 6 inches is solid .
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Miscellaneous(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Well I don't mean to criticize, just sharing what I know.

1stly The reason hollow blocks are used is 'cause the hollow in them prevents heat transfer thru conduction. That means a house build with a solid block would be hotter than that built with hollow,especially in our climate.

2ndly its the width of the block that actually spreads load, not how dense it is. That means wider area would be better. 9" width would be better than 6" width. Also your house would be heavier since u re using solid blocks, which would require deeper and wider foundation to spread the load.

3rdly, cost-wise, Moulding a 9" hollow block consumes less sand than a 6" solid block.

I don't know the rational behind your choice (maybe space conservation) and the work has commenced already, but consider these point for future projects. If space conservation is the reason, I suggest u frame the building, (I.e. construct the columns and beams first, then add 6" hollow blocks later). In that case the blocks don't bear any loads, just the columns and beams.

Thanks!
olumide4christ:

Who is the someone who posted that
VictorRomanov:

Well I don't mean to criticize, just sharing what I know.

1stly The reason hollow blocks are used is 'cause the hollow in them prevents heat transfer thru conduction. That means a house build with a solid block would be hotter than that built with hollow,especially in our climate.

2ndly its the width of the block that actually spreads load, not how dense it is. That means wider area would be better. 9" width would be better than 6" width. Also your house would be heavier since u re using solid blocks, which would require deeper and wider foundation to spread the load.

3rdly, cost-wise, Moulding a 9" hollow block consumes less sand than a 6" solid block.

I don't know the rational behind your choice (maybe space conservation) and the work has commenced already, but consider these point for future projects. If space conservation is the reason, I suggest u frame the building, (I.e. construct the columns and beams first, then add 6" hollow blocks later). In that case the blocks don't bear any loads, just the columns and beams.

Thanks!
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Miscellaneous(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2016
erico2k2:
Thanks. And in other news5 The 9 inches was hollow and the 6 inches is solid .
okay... I understand now. thanks,... pls continue with the updates too
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
Miscellaneous:

okay... I understand now. thanks,... pls continue with the updates too
No wahala we r on top the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ok at this stage a in have completed the two coach on top lintels and one coach on top Archs . I am pulsing to accumulate wood and iron rods for the decking to start Oya Baba God plz pick my calls ASAP sad sad
photo credit Engr Mrs erico2k2 grin

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2016
And

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2016
Plus

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
Now Decking works loading, I have to call Dangote very soon.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2016
And the boys are working hard .

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
As can be seen in some places I have used 6 inches hollow blocks for the last coach .
Work still going

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Macbroomy: 10:57am On Dec 20, 2016
I must express my admiration for this concept "Do It Yourself". A couple of years ago, I posted here on Nairaland concerted efforts I was making to hurriedly complete my 3 bedroom bungalow so I can finally be free from my cantankerous landlady. Today, the building is as good as ready to move; though tiling work and wiring are ongoing as I write. I am particularly encouraged by the likes of Hajj, Rotech and lot more people I can't recall their names. May the good Lord continue to use to you encourage many more people to aspire to owning their own "homes". Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Five Tallest Buildings In Nigeria As At 2021 (Pictures) / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? / 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos)

Viewing this topic: erico2k2(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.