Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,322 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY Construction Of My House In PH. (71813 Views)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 12, 2016
erico2k2:

Ahah na so we see am.I accumulated all of my annual leave for 2015 financial year and kept it for this project hence 41 working days.I'm here untill next week.I shud be able to form the blocks then. angry,how's ur build going? ?

1) I completed laterite filling of the main house and will allow it to naturally settle through a few rain and dry cycles. German floor to be done mid year.

2) In the meantime focus has shifted onto the accessory building on which I broke ground on https://www.nairaland.com/2847494/construction-2-bedroom-garage-apartment#41913259 The foundation, filing and german floor will be done in my absence shocked I'm still debating that decision but we shall overcome all evil powers fashioned against our finances grin

I will be on ground for 21 days March/April to oversee the raising of the walls and hopefully roof for the accessory building.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

1) I completed laterite filling of the main house and will allow it to naturally settle through a few rain and dry cycles. German floor to be done mid year.

2) In the meantime focus has shifted onto the accessory building on which I broke ground on https://www.nairaland.com/2847494/construction-2-bedroom-garage-apartment#41913259 The foundation, filing and german floor will be done in my absence shocked I'm still debating that decision but we shall overcome all evil powers fashioned against our finances grin

I will be on ground for 21 days March/April to oversee the raising of the walls and hopefully roof for the accessory building.
Nice one eheh fire for any obstacle to our pocket enlargement. We are marching forward.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2016
German floor loading so I rang Dangote to supply me cement t grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
We managed to accomplish the German floor yesterday phew angry sad what a day it was
Today is forming of the wall/blocks and every minor adjustment a much less stressful job to do.

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2016
Ok we got to 4 coaches aka window Level and I'm resting and taking a breather at this point holiday mood over. phew. wink
Even the money in the wallet is Lean. ; ;DD

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Inception(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2016
bros weldone o!

what was the total expenses for the foundation?

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by johnson232: 11:48am On Jan 15, 2016
erico2k2:
Ok we got to 4 coaches aka window Level and I'm resting and taking a breather at this point holiday mood over. phew. wink
Neat job sir...
How many tons did u finally use for the filling? And what is the area of the building? How many coach did u do before Dpc? Thanks..
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
erico2k2:

You've done well. You've changed the dynamics of your areas skyline grin

I'll pick up the baton from you in March.

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
erico2k2:

You do well, well my brother.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
Inception:
bros weldone o!

what was the total expenses for the foundation?
Hmm it's kinda a bit hard to give U exact but I can give xtimate. I will get bck to you.
But to dig 1mtr was N500 it was
Column base alone was 500 and I had 46
Concrete work
Labour N500/bag,will gt bck to U on exact ammount of bags used.
Tappers/Mason N5000 for the day I used 4.
Iron bender cost N250000 to bend and errect all 46 starter bars and baskets.
But in all I have passed the N2.6 benchmark.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You've done well. You've changed the dynamics of your areas skyline grin

I'll pick up the baton from you in March.
Egbon no wahala I'm already at the exchange point waiting to hand over the baton grin make I breathe small my pocket is hot grin

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by twinskenny(m): 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
erico2k2:

Egbon no wahala I'm already at the exchange point waiting to hand over the baton grin make I breathe small my pocket is hot grin
God will provide.... you done well sir

2 Likes

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
mufutau55:

You do well, well my brother.

Hajji M.
Thank U very much sir.

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
johnson232:

Neat job sir...
How many tons did u finally use for the filling? And what is the area of the building? How many coach did u do before Dpc? Thanks..

Area of plot 532.612 sqr mts
Area of building 256.8525 Sqr mts
I used a total of 14 mark trucks(4 buckets)10 tyres so 140 tons I guess.
I did 6 coaches before DPC
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by johnson232: 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
erico2k2:

Area of plot 532.612 sqr mts
Area of building 256.8525 Sqr mts
I used a total of 14 mark trucks(4 buckets)10 tyres so 140 tons I guess.
I did 6 coaches before DPC
Thanks....
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2016
johnson232:

Thanks....
UWC
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by otokx(m): 10:14am On Jan 16, 2016
How many plots of land is this?
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
otokx:
How many plots of land is this?
A lil bit more than a plot
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Ok Im back to the land of Charlie but I thought I should stock materials b4 the rains commence and render the access road unmotorable for the trucks

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
And in the process continued to mould more blocks 6 inches solid
@35/bag
Labour cost N800 /bag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 6:53am On Apr 06, 2016
Even as I try to move materials to site b4 the rains
We got stuck still undecided undecided cry

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by erico2k2(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
More

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by nairaman66(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
Good job.., keep up the good work!
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Good day.2 God be the glory.Imm able to put my DIY drawings (plan)into ground
https://www.nairaland.com/2434106/diy-drawing-floor-plan
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Site Engr. Engr Mathias (childhood friend frm the UK.)
Actual area of land =
Areas occupied by the building=
Building descriptions
2 units of 2 bed flats (semi ditched )
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
So I have done all the enabling works ie clearing settlement all logistics so won't go into it but anyone needs the info jst ask on here and I'm more than happy to share.stay tuned pictures coming shortly and I got my proof vest with me for all the critics on here grin grin grin
Engun and co lol
call Olawale on +2348144337426 now for ur quality stone coated roofing step tiles and aluminium steptile,metcoppo and long span roofing sheet... We import directly from south korea... Call us now, we have the best prices on all our roofing products...
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by ObiOkpor(m): 7:23am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
So I have done all the enabling works ie clearing settlement all logistics so won't go into it but anyone needs the info jst ask on here and I'm more than happy to share.stay tuned pictures coming shortly and I got my proof vest with me for all the critics on here grin grin grin
Engun and co lol
Bros,am happy for you.
Kindly contact me for your roofing work. I install stone tiles,aluminium,pop,pvc and rain water collector. Am based in the East. Once again,congrats.
See my signature.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by ahamonyeka(m): 7:32am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
Engun and co lol
hello fellow nairalander will you like to install epoxy instead of using tiles?if yes please contact onyeka on 07062269048 or 08053789165.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by VictorRomanov: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Today was an easy day.we dd the rest of the blocks to DPC level and boarded %50 of the column bars. .

What size of block are you using?
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by Widall: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2016
is DAT 5inches block am seeing for a duplex?.... isn't it wrong...why nt use 6 or 9 inches for solidity

1 Like

Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by HomeOfMe(f): 7:42am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
Engun and co lol
How much does a plot cost in portharcourt please?
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by whitejulius81: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2016
Oga with your land survey size here ....did you think that the land size will contain all these I.e 2 unit of 2 bedroom , 1 unit of 2 bed , 1 four bed room duplex.. think twice ooo. I believed by the time you finish it, you will hardly have a place for just a car.
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by HomeOfMe(f): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
Location=PH
Major contractor Me
Client Me
Supervisor Me
Actual area of land =
Building descriptions
2 units of 1 bed flat
1 4 bed duplex
Engun and co lol
Congratulations!
Re: DIY Construction Of My House In PH. by PresVA: 7:53am On Apr 12, 2016
whitejulius81:
Oga with your land survey size here ....did you think that the land size will contain all these I.e 2 unit of 2 bedroom , 1 unit of 2 bed , 1 four bed room duplex.. think twice ooo. I believed by the time you finish it, you will hardly have a place for just a car.
Thinking same too.. the land is just a lil over a plot and he's building all these...

Anyway, still following. ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Five Tallest Buildings In Nigeria As At 2021 (Pictures) / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Mansion? / 139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.