Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? (29225 Views)

Pre-marital Sex: 4 Hard Facts Guys Won't Tell You / #WorldSexualPurityDay: Nigerian Couple Who Avoided Pre-Marital Sex / Pre-marital Sex: 4 Hard Facts Guys Won't Tell You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by swagifted(m): 7:58am On Dec 21, 2015
Food ...sex..water...sleep...this four things are the most satisfying thing to the mind...it is inbuilt in us as humans...even people who have taken oath of celibacy still fall prey...pre- marital...post marital...sex cannot be erased from us...the need to taste and see...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by fromnigeria(m): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2015
delectablegyal:
I doubt if there is any relationship without sex these days. Even the media is not helping in anyway to curb pre-marital sex instead, they are enhancing it. Can you think of any music video that doesn't display obscene scenes? I doubt. Ladies shaking their buttocks, showing ladies taking bath in the bathroom, ladies putting on mosquito net calling it fashion. Look at that girl in iyanya's okamfo video, she is somebody's future wife.

Almost everywhere you go, you can't do without seeing these half unclad ladies. Even inside b.r.t, u ll see a screen playing fans mi by davido, real mvp by olamide, b.r.t that is for both adults and children. Will u now cover your ward's eyes? Saying "don't watch it, too many half unclad ladies inside".

What's the way forward? How can pre-marital sex be curbed?

There has to be a law, unfortunately, people who can summon this courage to enact these laws are not yet born and may not be born.
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by GodblessNig247(m): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2015
Adaure4ever:
hahahahahaha. How do virgins look like?

They look innocent like me. lol
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by 4C2215131: 10:47am On Dec 21, 2015
It can only be curbed when folks do not attach so much importance to sex!

Take away the appeal and it's all over. It becomes so much common place that it is no longer a big deal. A paradoxical.situation it seems but, it is my belief that the much ado about sex has served to feed the issue rather than curb it.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by zik4ever: 10:52am On Dec 21, 2015
"Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil."
Ecclesiastes 8:1 KJV

When a crime is not punished quickly, people feel it is safe to do wrong.
Ecclesiastes 8:1 NLT

When the sentence for a crime is not quickly carried out, people's hearts are filled with schemes to do wrong.
Ecclesiastes 8:1 NIV

Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the children of man is fully set to do evil.
Ecclesiastes 8:1 English Standard Version
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by HAkorehdeh(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2015
I have to make a comment on this too.

This thing we call dating among our peers nowadays, i think it's now turning to many bad things. I witnessed something recently (how i wish i never). Too disturbing!

I think the end time has just come!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by ProudOlodo: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
blacko:
your points are not arguable because let's look it the normal African society in the early 60's all this things were present but they were not much.When Bishop Ajayi crowther was translating the Bible to Yoruba he couldn't find any word matching prostitute to refer to rehab the harlot in the Bible so he used the word "Panshaga" meaning adulteress.Throughout the early life of Africans pee Marital sex was minimal.proostitution didn't occur in Yoruba land until the early 19th century that was why they were called ashewo because they had in possession different denominations of shillings that they could break any amount of money into smaller denominations.If the West have not invaded Africa sexual immorality would have being minimal and to your point of being influenced Africans were cohesed to accept Western culture.

I'm glad you didn't deny that these things existed before the Westerners. But the absence of an apt word to describe prostitution in yoruba doesn't prove premarital sex was minimal in those days; we all know yoruba words can be quite ambiguous in meanings even in present day use. Certain people are beginning to argue that there was no such thing as the western sexual revolution...that trends have been almost the same as before. I won't be surprised if the same stands true for us, given that our history is not as documented. Perhaps almost nothing has changed, except that what people used to be shy or afraid to talk about no longer follow people to the grave unheard of. There were always norms in every society and people who broke them. Do you honestly believe if Africans were the ones who invaded the West, the trend of sexual morality would be different today?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by Rexnegro(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
Strahovski:
End time.. soon the wrath of the Lord will be upon you all for your sins
u nko? Abi na only u one holy pass?
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Honestly, posting this won't change a thing. I don't think it's possible to stop the unmarried from engaging in premarital sex, may God help us all.
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by blackmaine: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Women treadin sex for money is just it, cus 90% of premarital sex are just for money, 5% for fun and the remaing For love

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by pimpo: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Your moniker is also part of the problem. "Delectable" is sexually connotative.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by delectablegyal(f): 1:41am On Dec 22, 2015
HAkorehdeh:
I have to make a comment on this too.

This thing we call dating among our peers nowadays, i think it's now turning to many bad things. I witnessed something recently (how i wish i never). Too disturbing!

I think the end time has just come!

Share it with us. I'm keen to know what it is.
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by STENON(f): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Well, the only solution to the problem is for God to lock all the sex organs of singles until they are legally married.
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by tommychow(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
OP probably rode a thick, hard one before posting this thread lol jk.

Just worry about your life and your loved ones'. No one can do jack about it.

As the earth REVOLVES, it also EVOLVES. (Just made that up. I'm just too smart).
Re: Why Is Pre-marital Sex Thriving? by jakmankind(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
My brother it can't be stopped until Christ returned when trust me cos what is really going on in d world now hmm naija still lucky with some culture but what about foreign land a beg na end time custom ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Powerful Pre-wedding Photo Of My Very Good Friend Pauline Dinne And Her Hubby. / My Ex Has Been Sending Insultive Message! / She Is Not Materialistic, She Is Just Above Your League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.