Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee (23232 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / 10 Reasons To Dump Apple Iphone For An Android Phone / Whatsapp Reply To Specific Message Feature: I Love It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Hotdiamond(m): 12:30am On Dec 23, 2015
greenhulk:

I know this thread is full of gionee lovers, or probably everyone here is a promoter or agent, but I will answer ur question andbget our if here.

First of all, gionee s plus (267 ppi) and gionee m5 (267 ppi) are not sold for 30k. Their price is between 43k and 48k depending on where u buy it. For a 720p display Chinese phone that is too expensive. I will give u a few phones withing that price range and some even have 3gb of ram and 1080p display.

1. Xiaomi redmi note 2 (403 ppi)
2. Lenovo k3 note (401 ppi)
3. elephone p8000 (401 ppi, 3gb ram)

These are just a few. U see gionee are ripping u off releasing a 720p phone in November 2015 and selling for close to 50k when there are better displays with same price range.
You are just quoting the ppi of the display.
Don't forget that the gionee m5 uses an AMOLED panel with gorilla glass 3.
The display alone raises the price of the phone. It's totally worth it. The display of my former phone-infinix hot note looks very washed out when kept side by side with the m5. They both have the same 267 ppi
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2015
Hotdiamond:

You are just quoting the ppi of the display.
Don't forget that the gionee m5 uses an AMOLED panel with gorilla glass 3.
The display alone raises the price of the phone. It's totally worth it.

Lol. Omg do u even know what u are saying? Look if u are an agent or working for gionee, its better u don't quote me because I am going to spoil market for u. Well since u know about phones, what ppi are u talking about if not the display? Amoled or capacitive it doesn't matter, the ppi of the 2 gionee phones are so poor for 2015 especially for 5+ inch phone. So because they used amoled display then they should make the display 480p (sorry 720p lol). Both amoled and ips have their advantages and disadvantages.

Samsung have been using amoled for ages and the price of their phones is in the same range as every other flagships that use ips. And just because Samsung use amoled, they didn't make their flagship phone 1080p while competitions ae doing qhd, they still make their flagship qhd and it doesn't deviate from the flagship price range expect the edge and note series.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by MrBasketball: 12:43am On Dec 23, 2015
datbighead:
i was just going to give y'all just a teaser of the GIONEE S PLUS. but seeing you all have fallen inlove, let me give you a quick rundown of certain jaw dropping features.

*do you know the gionee s plus use the usb type c? which means you dont have to fiddle in the darkness or when you come home drunk to plug it into the phone. it can be plugged with both sides.

*do you also know it has this smart feature that keeps your screen on while you are using the phone. it makes use of the front camera to that. so no more tapping the screen at intervals to keep it on.

*this might sound funny to you but my gionee splus has the fake call mode. imagine you have been in a meeting for so long and you need to leave just slide up the control centre from the bottom and click on it and your phone will ring in 14 seconds or for the ladies that guy that keeps pestering walks up to yo again you know what to do *fake call mode to the rescue*

this features are just the tip of the iceberg. if you really want to know more i suggest you go buy the phone

GIONEE S PLUS ROCKS

Even small Gionee M3mini has it, nothing new. #ProudlyGionite.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Hotdiamond(m): 12:49am On Dec 23, 2015
greenhulk:

Lol. Omg do u even know what u are saying? Look if u are an agent or working for gionee, its better u don't quote me because I am going to spoil market for u. Well since u know about phones, what ppi are u talking about if not the display? Amoled or capacitive it doesn't matter, the ppi of the 2 gionee phones are so poor for 2015 especially for 5+ inch phone. So because they used amoled display then they should make the display 480p (sorry 720p lol). Both amoled and ips have their advantages and disadvantages.

Samsung have been using amoled for ages and the price of their phones is in the same range as every other flagships that use ips. And just because Samsung use amoled, they didn't make their flagship phone 1080p while competitions ae doing qhd, they still make their flagship qhd and it doesn't deviate from the flagship price range expect the edge and note series.

Lol. See me see trouble o. Me agent?

You no dey serious at all.
I see phone. I like phone. I buy phone. I come review am. Automatically I don turn agent.
Bros go sleep e dey late

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Yommieland: 12:53am On Dec 23, 2015
MrBasketball:

Even small Gionee M3mini has it, nothing new. #ProudlyGionite.

Lol fake call will save me from talkative people hehehe

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by MrBasketball: 12:55am On Dec 23, 2015
Yommieland:

Lol fake call will save me from talkative people hehehe
cool
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Yommieland: 1:02am On Dec 23, 2015
Fantastic camera
Top-end specifications
Good battery life
Good screen

What more do you want??
*unbeatable

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 23, 2015
Hotdiamond:

I see phone. I like phone. I buy phone. I come review am. Automatically I don turn agent.
Bros go sleep e dey late

Guy enjoy ur phone. No denying gionee got some nice design in their s plus. Could do better with better display though.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 1:40am On Dec 23, 2015
The hype the hype!! Friday come quick
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 1:41am On Dec 23, 2015
Sure Christmas will appreciate new selfies. Excited about this picture quality ya'll speak about
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 1:42am On Dec 23, 2015
Spare battery really, so you could save one for the future or with our nepa wahala carry both fully charged. Nice
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 1:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Yommieland:
Fantastic camera
Top-end specifications
Good battery life
Good screen

What more do you want??
*unbeatable

Too excited to get this real soon. Finally getting inexpensive genius yayy.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 2:06am On Dec 23, 2015
Love the charger bit too. Hate hate fiddling with chargers to figure out what's what.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Nobody: 2:32am On Dec 23, 2015
greenhulk:

I know this thread is full of gionee lovers, or probably everyone here is a promoter or agent, but I will answer ur question andbget our if here.

First of all, gionee s plus (267 ppi) and gionee m5 (267 ppi) are not sold for 30k. Their price is between 43k and 48k depending on where u buy it. For a 720p display Chinese phone that is too expensive. I will give u a few phones withing that price range and some even have 3gb of ram and 1080p display.

These are just a few. U see gionee are ripping u off releasing a 720p phone in November 2015 and selling for close to 50k when there are better displays with same price range.
you see the problem is. You went to the wrong places to check for prices. We all know all online stores in Nigeria inflate their prices. By the way all this phones you listed are all termed by the makers as "flagship killers". The gionee splus is a mid range budget phone not a supposed flagship killer. I still insist that the official price of the s plus is between 30-40k
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Sunkyphil(m): 6:19am On Dec 23, 2015
temitiipsy:
you see the problem is. You went to the wrong places to check for prices. We all know all online stores in Nigeria inflate their prices. By the way all this phones you listed are all termed by the makers as "flagship killers". The gionee splus is a mid range budget phone not a supposed flagship killer. I still insist that the official price of the s plus is between 30-40k
yes u are right I av vowed never to buy anything from jumia or konga again they over inflate their prices
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by jbazic(m): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2015
There is nothing like it can work or it serves like Gionee,if it's not gionee is not GIONEE.. my GIONEE best ever
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by dominique(f): 6:37am On Dec 23, 2015
Hotdiamond:

Bros go sleep e dey late

You may not be their agent but I'm seeing agents on this thread. They've posted on on other Gionee threads too. Their contributions are a bit flat and carries little substance. Tecno agents are way smarter.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by KaffyK(f): 7:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Is techno a product?
cromz:
exactly not like techno
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by karferguso(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2015
greenhulk:

U have a point too but these above phones were/are not launched in Nigeria....Thus, the unavailability of their spare part too is discouraging. I too would have loved to get the Xiaomi redmi note 2/3 but the recent hike/restrictions on dollar are making it hard

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by TJKay: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2015
What is happening on Friday?
onyekaez:
The hype the hype!! Friday come quick
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by TJKay: 8:00am On Dec 23, 2015
greenhulk:

Those specs are for outside Nigeria. Once they get it, it drops to 2GB ram, yet price remains same. They cheat us in this country.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by tomjerry123: 8:11am On Dec 23, 2015
I love gionee too
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by TJKay: 8:39am On Dec 23, 2015
I want to root my S+, any root strategy yet?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Joered63: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Someone should give a full review of this phone please, not only that the phone is sleek, i dont care that much about design, i want to know about multitasking performance, battery life and hd gaming. Plssssssss
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 23, 2015
TJKay:
I want to root my S+, any root strategy yet?
i think you should try using king root. It works on all mediatek devices or your can just search on Google
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2015
Joered63:
Someone should give a full review of this phone please, not only that the phone is sleek, i dont care that much about design, i want to know about multitasking performance, battery life and hd gaming. Plssssssss
you will get something of that sorts by the end of the day sir
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by onyekaez: 9:21am On Dec 23, 2015
TJKay:
What is happening on Friday?

Man of the house is gifting me this Gionee, excited to try it out myself.
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by isaiah9(m): 9:26am On Dec 23, 2015
Vicar2015:
Got the s plus too and the device keeps my friends stuned cos it gives all the other brands a run for their money and it doesn't break my bank account
how much?
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Tundedl: 9:31am On Dec 23, 2015
This looks super slim, is it light?? Honest opinion o. Let’s not get slim and heavy o. Any other colours? Possibility of updates?? Loving the battery idea. Are the cameras that good? Na China phone abi
Re: 10 Reasons Why I Love Gionee by Tundedl: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
I love that it says it’s fast, don't need my phone hanging in the name of multi tasking. Anyone know about its multitasking abilities? Limits? Interesting picture quality too. Does it produce sensible quality pictures at night too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Show your Phone / How To Register And Activate Gtbank Mobile Money Without Going To The Bank / Bolt Browser Is Back Again

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.