Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (52953 Views)

History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 8:52am On Dec 29, 2015
ritababe:

oya cum my section na.

inbox me your address.

make we do last 2015 bedroom shopping
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 8:53am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros abeg face front. Ritababe is under my tutelage undecided

Mind ya sef oooo no monopoly for this ministry!!

Abi u done sign autograph under dia
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by funkyibodude(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2015
irunoobo:
I rather die than stay alive to watch the IGBOS have Biafra. Biafra is dead and buried. Simple sad
since when did you put interest in politics section Thought you were the landlord in romantic sexuality section smiley

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 8:55am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam! Afam!! Afam4eva!!!
How many times did I call you?
There are NO indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom. Stop misinforming people.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 8:56am On Dec 29, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

inbox me your address.
make we do last 2015 bedroom shopping
grin
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
I've always maintained that Nigerians have to be the most illiterate people in the world and it rings more true foe people who are supposedly educated. A look at the vibrant and harcore Pro Biafrans and the opposisinf Pro Nigeria, you will discover the penchant by these people to mistake both terms. For the sake of those illiterate, let me explain the difference between these two people and how they intertwine.

Igbo is an ethnic group based in West Africa, chiefly in southeastern Nigeria (Wikipedia). This means that even though Igbos are mainly in the South East, there also Igbos outside the South-East in Northern parts of Delta state, some parts of Rivers state and the Ndoki areas of Akwa Ibom state.

Biafra, officially the Republic of Biafra, is often referred to as a secessionist state in then southeastern Nigeria that declared its independence from 30 May 1967 to 15 January 1970, taking its name from the Bight of Biafra (the Atlantic bay to its south).

Furthermore, the secessionist state which was declared by the defacto leader, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu included people of the old eastern region (Igbos, Efiks, Ijaws etc) by virtue of the fact that these groups found themselves in that region and he happened to be the governor. That is why the Igbos across the Niger in places like Asaba and the likes were not part of the secessionist state because they were in the Mid west region.

So, as it stands today, Biafra which may come in different pseudonym is a movement of people who are mostly Igbos but not supported by majority of Igbo people and as such should not be classified as an Igbo movement but can be classified as a group of Igbo people. It is wrong and silly to assume that every Igbo person supports Biafra or use the term interchangeably with Igbo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biafra
.Oga You are talking Trash!! Call a spade a spade and not a shovel. Biafra is supported by Mostly Igbos, as a matter of fact! 99% of its supporters are Ibos, thus it is a Movement for the Ibo People

3 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ritababe(f): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Afam! Afam!! Afam4eva!!! How many times did I call you? There are NO indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom. Stop misinforming people.
lol, tell them oh I nor know if na by force oh.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Who is we SS? be specific.
Ur kweshion eh angry

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 8:58am On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:
Afam! Afam!! Afam4eva!!!
How many times did I call you?
There are NO indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom. Stop misinforming people.
Ndoki is a sub group of Igbo that are divided into Abia, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states. You must think Akwa Abasi Ibom is only made up of Emesere people.

5 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by marykaydee: 8:58am On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool I migrated to the United States 13 years ago. Am here living a great life. I am not only probably more educated than you, I am probably worth far more financially than your entire generation combined. Keep fooling yourself grin grin grin

Haha haha, chai! Lwkmd. Abeg e don do. Rotf!
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by funkyibodude(m): 9:00am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Rivers and Cross river were given state status before Ojukwu declared his Biafra. You can check
I agree and that was after the 1966 coup. it was a tactical move by Gowon to landlock the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CSTR2: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Ur kweshion eh angry
Be specific.
The SS is heterogenous with different dreams and aspirations. Ojukwu also had support from some SS ethnics.
Your so-called niger-delta republic is also without the support of the ogoni and my anioma people.
So, be specific.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by DipoDee: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2015
So will Afam4ever be banned for creating another Biafra thread!

Enough already, we don't care who is or who is not Biafran, we are in Nigeria/ on a Nigerian forum..

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2015
I laugh at people who want to be part of Nigeria
Nigeria is a big shame on the black race. The Last time I visited, the rot and decay was palpable.
I couldn't go near any of the cities, they were an unplanned jungle. Shambolic to say the least.
Illiteracy, ignorance, poverty etc was every where.
My only consolation was the pristine condition of my village in the south east and the fact that sons of the soil have tried to replicate any European village with their sweat.
Please people, your Nigeria cannot carry on like this. Things need to change.

6 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FemiFaniKayode: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool I migrated to the United States 13 years ago. Am here living a great life. I am not only probably more educated than you, I am probably worth far more financially than your entire generation combined. Keep fooling yourself grin grin grin

all na probably!!!

Cool temper down person whey get no dey waste adrenaline.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 29, 2015
I'll want to see intellectual input from the Biafran agitators. I'd like to see them hoist their own websites, blogs and even forums like Nairaland. They shouldn't come here and whine that Seun banned their agitation. They'll need to educate people, engage in constructive argument on why they want out. They should be ready to answer questions from doubters and explain things out without insults. There should be a structure. Nnamdi Kanu's rogue radio should educate rather than threaten and violence shouldn't be attributed to the group. Independent nations still need friends. The way it is they are making more enemies daily. Even Igbo are distancing from the group. Biafran agitation is gone in smokescreen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

O boy you are so brainwashed by only God know who.

1. Rivers state agitation for its own province started in 1940 but the silly British would lump us together with the Igbos in East just as the Midwest were lumped with the west. Same period Cross river started theirs. In fact, our agitation started almost same period with that of the Midwest.

2. The Igbo lead eastern region REFUSED to offer us referendum to determine our own destiny even when the agitation was high and when Midwest got theirs we got angrier

3. When Rivers was created in 1967(May), It was a dream come true for 99.999999% of our people. Ojukwu, his greed for power, and quest for oyel and sea would not take it and declared his illegal republic on our soil. The talk of 'balkanisation' by Gowon is shallow, false and hypocritical.

4. Biafra Igbos should mind their business. If they can't get Biafra without the SS, they should FORGET it altogether.

And you know the funniest tin.. they were thesame people who wanted mid-west to break from western region but they never cared about the agitation of Eastern minority.. No True son of the soil will Want to give up there land to biafra or any rubbish ... still havent 4goten wat awo did to the urhobo nation, Our position is very clear.... We can't be dragged back to slavery... We are better been in SS or ND , atleast No Tribe can oppress each other, No tribe is poor, No tribe is majority, No tribe is landlocked, We are minorities and we prefer to allign with our likes (Other minorities) , everybody minding there biz.. grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by maestroferddi: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

Tell that to Catalonia and the Basque region of Spain.
What exactly did you set out to achieve with this self-serving thread other than cheap popularity?

Do you have any semblance of statistical or empirical data to support your wild assertion that the Biafra concept is unpopular among the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Vulu:

IF THERE IS ANY COUNTRY THAT HAS MADE ENOUGH SACRIFICE TO BE ON ITS OWN IT IS BIAFRA.

1.) THEIR CULTURE, TRADITION, LANGUAGE, RELIGION, CUISINE ARE DISTINCT FROM YOURS IN THE NORTH, SW AND THIS IS THE FIRST CONSIDERATION TOWARDS THE FORMATION OF A DISTINCT NATION. IN FACT ACCORDING TO A UN REPORT. BIAFRA IS MORE QUALIFIED TO BE INDEPENDENT THAN CATALONIA AND SCOTLAND, BASED ON THIS FACTORS.

2.) THEY HAVE MADE SACRIFICES TRYING TO AWAY WITH YOU IN THE PROCESS LOST MILLIONS OF LIVES AND PROPERTIES. THAT'S ENOUGH SACRIFICE TO BE CONSIDERED. INFACT RIGHT NOW THEY ARE STILL GETTING KILLED BY YOUR LIKES. THEREFORE TEXAS AND BIAFRA CAN NOT WEIGHED WITH THE SAME YARDSTICK.

3.) NIGERIA IS 7TH MOST DANGEROUS PLACE TO BE A CHRISTIAN AND BIAFRANS ARE THE LARGEST CHRISTIAN POPULATION IN NIGERIA IT IS NOT ACCIDENTAL THAT THEY BEAT THE GREATEST BRUNT OF YOUR ISLAMIC EXTREMISM.

4.) "I WILL NEVER VOTE AN IGBO MAN AS PRESIDENT" IS A COMMON STATEMENT MADE BY NORTHENERS AND WESTERNERS. LET ME QUOTE FORMER TANZANIAN PRESIDENT KIKWETE "I WAS TOLD BY THE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS THAT THERE IS A PRESIDENTIAL ROTATION SYSTEM, AFTER THE SW, NORTH TOOK OVER, AND I ASKED WHAT ABOUT THE EAST? I WAS TOLD THE NORTH CAN NOT TRUST THE EAST, IF THAT'S THE CASE, WHY THEN ARE WE HERE? WHY ARE YOU STILL TOGETHER? YOU CAN NOT SINCERELY BUILD A NATION LIKE THAT"

IPOB SHOULD CONTINUE ITS LOBBY OF BRITISH PARLIAMENTARIANS AND US REPUBLICANS (WHO ARE COMING TO POWER ANYWAY) FOR A REFERENDUM. WORLD POWERS CREATED AND HELPED TO KEEP NIGERIA TOGETHER, THEY WILL SURELY BE INVOLVED IN ITS DISSOLUTION. IPOB SHOULD KEEP MAKING IT'S CASE AND CUT A DEAL WITH THE POWERS THAT BE JUST LIKE NIGERIA DID IN 67-70.
.This one is Obviously High on Early morning Pee...

Word of advice for you: Don't get High on Your own supply

4 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by CSTR2: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Goodboiyy:

And you know the funniest tin.. they were thesame people who wanted mid-west to break from western region but they never cared about the agitation of Eastern minority.. No True son of the soil will Want to give up there land to biafra or any rubbish ... still havent 4goten wat awo did to the urhobo nation, Our position is very clear.... We can't be dragged back to slavery... We are better been in SS or ND , atleast No Tribe can oppress each other, No tribe is poor, No tribe is majority, No tribe is landlocked, We are minorities and we prefer to allign with our likes (Other minorities) , everybody minding there biz.. grin grin
Be specific.

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Akaujaa(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2015
This makes a little bit of sense though with a little bit of bias. The Igbos from Asaba were part of the secession movement contrary to the claim of this writer. Colonel Joe Achuzie, one of Ojukwu's assistants is from Asaba and he is still very much alive to the Biafra dream, though old now.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2015
maestroferddi:
What exactly did you set out to achieve with this self-serving thread other than cheap popularity?

Do you have any semblance of statistical or empirical data to support your wild assertion that the Biafra concept is unpopular among the Igbos?
So, Biafra being popular and majority of Igbos actively supporting it is the same thing?

7 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Hero10001: 9:05am On Dec 29, 2015
Riensi:
I laugh at people who want to be part of Nigeria
Nigeria is a big shame on the black race. The Last time I visited, the rot and decay was palpable.
I couldn't go near any of the cities, they were an unplanned jungle. Shambolic to say the least.
Illiteracy, ignorance, poverty etc was every where.
My only consolation was the pristine condition of my village in the south east and the fact that sons of the soil have tried to replicate any European village with their sweat.
Please people, your Nigeria cannot carry on like this. Things need to change.
you overemphasised it bro, last time i checked Naija is still No 1 in Africa.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:05am On Dec 29, 2015
funkyibodude:
I agree and that was after the 1966 coup. it was a tactical move by Gowon to landlock the eastern region.
Sir, there was nothing tactical. We already agitated for state and we were given by Gowon on advice of Awolowo. Till date, Rivers and Bayelsa people adore Gowon. There is a reason for that.

Abeg no even bring the 1966 coup enta this matter na. If Ojukwu had restricted his Biafra to the Igbos(SE), perhaps the country would have been independent by now.

7 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2015
asorocker:
I don't really think igbos need biafra while not sounding sarcastic I also don't think igbos need Nigeria, it is rather Nigeria that needs the igbos by all means.

oh is that so? and Nigeria needs igbos for what exactly

and if igbos don't need Nigeria, what are they still doing in Nigeria

delusions of grandeur.

4 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2015
Akaujaa:
This makes a little bit of sense though with a little bit of bias. The Igbos from Asaba were part of the secession movement contrary to the claim of this writer. Colonel Joe Achuzie, one of Ojukwu's assistants is from Asaba and he is still very much alive to the Biafra dream, though old now.
No, they were not as they were not part of the eastern region in question. Though they were sympatethic to their Igbo brothers and also lost people in the war.

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 9:07am On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:

Ndoki is a sub group of Igbo that are divided into Abia, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states. You must think Akwa Abasi Ibom is only made up of Emesere people.

The Ndokis or whatever you call them are settlers around the Abia/Akwa Ibom border. They are NOT Indegenes. It's just like calling Igbos in Festac or Alaba Lagos indegenes. That they made Amuwo odoofin their home does not in any way make them Lagos indegenes.
Be guided.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt / PDP Leader Killed In Edo Over Tearing Of Billboards. Graphic Photos / Zahra Buhari And Ahmed Indimi Padlock Love In Paris (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.