Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! (11424 Views)

We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by hahn(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
ErnyyBobo:
kindly add me.. Zero.8168zero.4534zero

E be like say you dey bomb craigslist abi wink
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by dalaman: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Giving man the intellect to study nature - science - to create/innovate/invent

You are very slow. Stop making empty assertions you can not back up. If intellect is God given then why hasn't been constant through out the history of mankind? Why did so many billions lived and died without knowing that the sun is a star or that micro organisms cause disease for example. Provide evidence to show that man's intellect is from Yahweh the God of the ancient Jews.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow . Great advice . But muskeeto is sonofLucifer and he spends most of his time defending his faith in void and science
I have nothing to defend, no philosophy to offer. Do good. Be good.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by suchmuch: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by texanomaly(f): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

"There are much more important things in life, dont waste your life arguing."

He didnt say that verbatim but he said it in his annoying but sarcastic tone. The advice had a profound effect on me- I used to waste my time with people who avoided the truth like cat and water. I always wanted to be right.....

Lol...I remember this guy. @ the bolded. This is the "new and improved" LB? Glad you are back. This place has gotten so boring. sad
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by johnydon22(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
[b]@JackBizzle

1. I think some few Nigerians are beginning to discover that economic solutions are not in crusade grounds, churches or temples that has been a major tool used by con men to extort them of the little they have..

Nigerians are beginning to realize that you do not achieve economic stability by praying for it rather you must employ the basic dictates of necessary economic principles..

Like i pointed out on another thread, in every community in Nigeria no matter how poor or undeveloped, you must find huge magnificent religious buildings; Church or Mosque most times costing billions of Naira and this we all know are the contributions of the poor masses in that community..

If such communal funds are used instead for projects that can better the lives of the community like Housing, hospitals, water, electricity, roads i believe with the amount of money dashed to con men with white collar coats yearly by these poor members of these communities and the billions used in making magnificent earthly edifices for allegedly spiritual entities, most communities in Nigeria would have been self developed instead of waiting on incompetent government..

I don't understand how God wants to have a house on earth when there is no standard hospital for the people around..

People need to start thinking ...

2. Humans as we know have developed past the stage of being lone beings, we are social beings and i believe there is an innate drive in all of us to belong and feel as part of our societies.

Living in a particularly religiously saturated world like that of Nigeria is not particularly good for someone who is atheistic..

They face high threats of discrimination, torture or even death in extreme cases and this has made most of the atheists or agnostics or widely irreligious in Nigeria to be behind a closet with their views in order to escape these societal stigmas and many have resorted to becoming introverts.

There is need for these people to feel they belong, there is need for them to know they are not alone in such world views, there is need for them to know that they are as much humans as others out there.

I think it is ok to reach out to others out there by forums or whatsapp groups and also give them the opportunity to voice out their own opinions without fear of discrimination or stigmatization.

This is why i am beginning lately to clamor for live documented debates that will be aired online..

3. I think they are just doing what they think is best for the business, it is no doubt there is a great amount of religious people that read nairaland and many are fanatics. if atheistic threads makes it to the front page often many of these readers may dub nairaland a satanic website and as such stop coming to it..

so the mods are not really being biased just business minded. . . But we hope seun might see to it at least 1 in a month or more.

4. lol. i think girls are more reserved of their atheistic views than boys and as such there are bound to be more hard to find.

But i am sure i will only marry one who knows me for me, she may not necessarily be atheistic but she will know mine and respect my world view as i will respect hers.

Even if you do find one there is also almost 98% probability she is from a religious family and so goes for yours, so really i have nothing against such if it makes the families happy as long as the legal certificates are signed..

But left to me, i will only marry in the Igbo traditional style and notify my local government for necessary documents
[/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:44am On Dec 31, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]@JackBizzle

1. I think some few Nigerians are beginning to discover that economic solutions are not in crusade grounds, churches or temples that has been a major tool used by con men to extort them of the little they have..

Nigerians are beginning to realize that you do not achieve economic stability by praying for it rather you must employ the basic dictates of necessary economic principles..

Like i pointed out on another thread, in every community in Nigeria no matter how poor or undeveloped, you must find huge magnificent religious buildings; Church or Mosque most times costing billions of Naira and this we all know are the contributions of the poor masses in that community..

If such communal funds are used instead for projects that can better the lives of the community like Housing, hospitals, water, electricity, roads i believe with the amount of money dashed to con men with white collar coats yearly by these poor members of these communities and the billions used in making magnificent earthly edifices for allegedly spiritual entities, most communities in Nigeria would have been self developed instead of waiting on incompetent government..

I don't understand how God wants to have a house on earth when there is no standard hospital for the people around..

People need to start thinking ...

2. Humans as we know have developed past the stage of being lone beings, we are social beings and i believe there is an innate drive in all of us to belong and feel as part of our societies.

Living in a particularly religiously saturated world like that of Nigeria is not particularly good for someone who is atheistic..

They face high threats of discrimination, torture or even death in extreme cases and this has made most of the atheists or agnostics or widely irreligious in Nigeria to be behind a closet with their views in order to escape these societal stigmas and many have resorted to becoming introverts.

There is need for these people to feel they belong, there is need for them to know they are not alone in such world views, there is need for them to know that they are as much humans as others out there.

I think it is ok to reach out to others out there by forums or whatsapp groups and also give them the opportunity to voice out their own opinions without fear of discrimination or stigmatization.

This is why i am beginning lately to clamor for live documented debates that will be aired online..

3. I think they are just doing what they think is best for the business, it is no doubt there is a great amount of religious people that read nairaland and many are fanatics. if atheistic threads makes it to the front page often many of these readers may dub nairaland a satanic website and as such stop coming to it..

so the mods are not really being biased just business minded. . . But we hope seun might see to it at least 1 in a month or more.

4. lol. i think girls are more reserved of their atheistic views than boys and as such there are bound to be more hard to find.

But i am sure i will only marry one who knows me for me, she may not necessarily be atheistic but she will know mine and respect my world view as i will respect hers.

Even if you do find one there is also almost 98% probability she is from a religious family and so goes for yours, so really i have nothing against such if it makes the families happy as long as the legal certificates are signed..

But left to me, i will only marry in the Igbo traditional style and notify my local government for necessary documents
[/b]

Guy, you're meant for great things. Every time I read your posts I get inspired!

Back to the issues

1) I totally agree, many Nigerians have opened their eyes to the situation on ground- prayer won't stop a corrupt government from leaving you impoverished while stealing the nation's resources. Only activism and action can start to solve Nigeria's issues

2) Totally agree

3) grin grin money before atheism.

4) It is sad that one can't escape religious baggage in Nigeria. I'll just have to tolerate a church wedding.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
texanomaly:

Lol...I remember this guy. @ the bolded. This is the "new and improved" LB? Glad you are back. This place has gotten so boring. sad

Yeah.

The drama and entertaining stuff went when some big dogs like me, anony, deepsight and co left the religion section.

The shenanigans from mods on both religion sections put some people off as well.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by UyiIredia(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
JackBizzle:

Yeah.

The drama and entertaining stuff went when some big dogs like me, anony, deepsight and co left the religion section.

The shenanigans from mods on both religion sections put some people off as well.

As if I no get my own package.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:08am On Jan 03, 2016
UyiIredia:

As if I no get my own package.

Bros, no vex, I've been having troubles with the email linked to this account.

I will get in touch.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 6:13am On Jan 03, 2016
Sonoflucifer, bad guy

Muskeeto, wetin dey?

I'm having issues with email. Are you still interested in the forum ish?
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by UyiIredia(m): 6:20am On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

Bros, no vex, I've been having troubles with the email linked to this account.

I will get in touch.
Na dem. Dem no wan make we 'Connect'.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:
Sonoflucifer, bad guy

Muskeeto, wetin dey?

I'm having issues with email. Are you still interested in the forum ish?
.... yeah..
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 03, 2016
UyiIredia:

Na dem. Dem no wan make we 'Connect'.
uyi,can u send me mail. buharifan@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Haha!! I'm so happy!

A post on the front page has been gathering lots of talks which question religion- https://www.nairaland.com/2839476/religion-killed-rational-thinking-country

The front page thread is about a professor who states that religion has killed rational thinking in Nigeria! And it has about 90% of the people agreeing with the prof!!!

JackBizzle:

1) WITH THIS LAST ELECTION, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING RELIGION- WHAT CAUSED IT?
During the fuel scarcity, one christian blasted another christian who wanted to go to church on sunday morning- "see this goat! You want to pray for fuel when we dont have fuel and Oando petrol station just opened this morning?" grin grin

cc plaetton hahn, muskeeto, sonoflucifer, johnydon22, llaykorn, dalaman, onetrack, ifenes, mazaje etc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2948664_inotellyou_jpeg_jpegae1328e513339ea21153e905c596d72f

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by johnydon22(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:
Haha!! I'm so happy!

A post on the front page has been gathering lots of talks which question religion- https://www.nairaland.com/2839476/religion-killed-rational-thinking-country

The front page thread is about a professor who states that religion has killed rational thinking in Nigeria! And it has about 90% of the people agreeing with the prof!!!

cc plaetton hahn, muskeeto, sonoflucifer, johnydon22, llaykorn, dalaman, onetrack, ifenes, mazaje etc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2948664_inotellyou_jpeg_jpegae1328e513339ea21153e905c596d72f

You talk am oo.. The emergence of reason is a slow and consistent thing i always maintain.

I believe with time, many Nigerians (more than we have now) will come to embrace independent reason and critical thinking in place of religious dogmas...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 2:50pm On Jan 03, 2016
johnydon22:

You talk am oo.. The emergence of reason is a slow and consistent thing i always maintain.

I believe with time, many Nigerians (more than we have now) will come to embrace independent reason and critical thinking in place of religious dogmas...

hehehe!

Slow and steady.....
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by godman01(m): 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2016
Tufanja:
Happy New Year Jackbizzle and NL

Let me address your new year's resolution ;-)

1. I don't think there is a specific cause to pinpoint for why one would question religion more nowadays. I think it is something of all times and natural part of the human search for meaning in life. Just that some times will fuel the search a bit more than other times... #thefuelisnotthefire

2. Not really. I don't believe in segregation of whatever sort. We should be capable to search for and discuss the truth and let our arguments count in any pluriform setting. An own forum sounds to me like a self-help-group, too in-crowded. I believe validation of the truth starts with exposing it to other arguments. #notraumahulpneeded

3. 120% agree. It's an absolute shame. I got blocked for posting a purely scientific topic. I guess it didnt get the X -factor.

4. You don't need to be an atheist to not believe in the Nigerian wedding. Everything that is not about love is a waist of my time, so are weddings. What the society expects never interested me and wont interest me in the future either. #lovedoesntasks4yourreligion #loveasks4yourheart
If everything that is not about Love is truly a waste of your time, then everything about God is not a waste of your time because God is love.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by wirinet(m): 2:58pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:
Hello, everyone!

I hope you enjoyed your christimas celebrations. I have had a great year and I'm so inspired for this coming next year. The point of this thread is to get atheists to join in and discuss these issues.

1) WITH THIS LAST ELECTION, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING RELIGION- WHAT CAUSED IT?
During the fuel scarcity, one christian blasted another christian who wanted to go to church on sunday morning- "see this goat! You want to pray for fuel when we dont have fuel and Oando petrol station just opened this morning?" grin grin

More and more people are questioning religion because we have entered an age of enlightenment, people are begining to question age long myths and fables. It has nothing to do with elections. In fact politics and religion are like saimese twins, a control mechanism to control the masses. Throughout history priests have partnered with politicians and kings to subdugate the masses.

2) WOULD YOU JOIN AN ATHEIST FORUM IF THERE WAS ONE JUST LIKE NAIRALAND BUT JUST FOR NIGERIAN ATHEISM?
We could use such forums to give advice to young atheists and also help each other. On reddit, an atheist got a job from atheism subreddit and it got me thinking how helpful an atheist forum could be. We could also advice Nigerian youths not to brandish their disbelief openly....

Capital No! The world is a much more interesting place with varied peoples and opinions coming together and living in peace and harmony. You will accept that we all can not think the same way. We all have lots to learn from each other.

3) WHY ARE NAIRALAND MODS ALWAYS BIASED AND WHY DO THEY LOVE SENSELESS RELIGIOUS POSTS?
Post a sensible thread on the religion section and you will be ignored hard like a spare tyre on a good car. Post a thread about spiritual se.x or prophecies that will never happen and you will make the front page fast!
Traffic! Traffic! traffic! Sensational topics bring in traffic and hence money.

4) HOW ARE YOU GONNA AVOID CHURCH MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA, YOU DIRTY INFIDEL? grin
Smart atheist, explain how you are going to escape this one when it is time for you to get married? Do you really think it would be easy to find an atheist partner in nigeria? Do you think society does not expect a religious wedding?
Compromise! I am not advocate of segregation. People find love in unexpected places. Marrying from the same faith (or lack of) does not guarantee a successful marriage. The divorce rate of couple between the same faith and in fact the same church is not different from the average. Daddy G.Os and Mummy G.O divorce the same way ordinary people divorce.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2016
wirinet:

Capital No! The world is a much more interesting place with varied peoples and opinions coming together and living in peace and harmony. You will accept that we all can not think the same way. We all have lots to learn from each other.

Interesting. I respect your choice. You do not need to be forced to join any group just because of beliefs.

However, I wonder why many Nairaland or Nigerian atheists are opposed to atheist forums/groups.

1) 90% of the atheist pictures that they post originate from reddit atheism on the reddit forum or other atheist groups on the internet.

2) It was reddit atheism and other atheist groups that saved a Nigerian atheist (Bala) in the north from being locked up in a psychiatric ward

3) For those who argue that an atheist forum will have only people that think the same way, I will say that their logic is seriously flawed. Atheism is a broad spectrum- we have agnostic atheists, humanists, strong atheists, spiritual atheists, satanists etc. We also have differences in politics when it comes to politics- some atheists are liberals, some are libertarians and some are conservatives- we even have biafran atheists!

4) Atheists can also discuss football, sports, chess, politics, poetry, television shows and so much more. They dont have to only talk about religion/disbelief on an atheist forum.

I hope you understand that I am not trying to convince you. At the end of the day, it is not by force or a duty for every atheist to join a group or forum. Thanks
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
wirinet:

Compromise! I am not advocate of segregation. People find love in unexpected places. Marrying from the same faith (or lack of) does not guarantee a successful marriage. The divorce rate of couple between the same faith and in fact the same church is not different from the average. Daddy G.Os and Mummy G.O divorce the same way ordinary people divorce.

We are on the same page. I was just asking this because some atheists here were saying that traditional marriage was enough. In Nigeria, where either your wife or her family will be deeply religious, one would have to compromise in order to avoid future family problems
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by dalaman: 4:41pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:
Haha!! I'm so happy!

I went through the topic and saw this post there:

Kachisbarbie:
Very true.
That's how somebody's half tank dried up in less than 10km after his car was hijacked... grin

I went for a condolence visit on Sat, this lady lost her baby. She was having prolonged labour and her pastor said she shouldn't be operated on, that she would deliver like the Hebrew women (this very Hebrew women, did he see how they all delivered?) They all came to the hospital and started praying_ the husband refused to give consent, she sef wanted to push.

Well, she finally pushed. She pushed a stillborn cry

Mehn, I hate religious extremists.

Why have we allowed our selves to be enslaved by Hewbew mythology so much? Does the idiotic pastor know the life expectancy in Israel 3000 years ago? Does he even know the life expectancy in Israel when Jesus was alive? We need education in Nigeria, good education that is the only thing that will open our minds not the nonsense that we are being served at the moment. I was in Babcook university some time last year and I was shocked at the total madness that was going on there. The students were not being educated to reason, they were just indoctrinated to be sheep. I cried for Nigeria in my mind after I left the school. How can we produce scientist and rational thinkers when we keep living inside this bubble of delusion?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by urheme: 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ikennablue:
How I wish you guys here can feel and experience this supreme love of Christ..
I was once like all of you, you know, the facts of science, the weirdness of religion, the ignorance and extremism of some professed christian until God revealed his love to me. Before you attack my post think deep, and just give me a good reason why it pays to be an atheist

Pls discribe this love that was revealed to you. smiley

A good reason why atheist pays........no body will accuse them of robbing God.....only christians are capable of that kind of robbery.. grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
dalaman:

I went through the topic and saw this post there:

Why have we allowed our selves to be enslaved by Hewbew mythology so much? Does the idiotic pastor know the life expectancy in Israel 3--- years ago? Does he even know the life expectancy in Israel when Jesus was alive? We need education in Nigeria, good education that is the only thing that will open our minds not the nonsense that we are being served at the moment. I was in Babcook university some last year and I was shocked at the total madness that was going there. The students were not being educated to reason, they were just indoctrinated to be sheep. I cried for Nigeria in my mind after I left the school. How can we produce scientist and rational thinkers when we keep living inside this bubble of delusion?

What about medical schools where thing are rapped to students instead of taught? I'm afraid of the doctors we produce.

My friend went to a hospital because he had some pain in his knee. Can you believe that the attending doctor was chatting with another doctor, in her office, then told my friend to get an X-ray?!! After the looking at the x-ray photo, the doctor then referred my friend to the physiotherapist since the leg was not broken. THE BASTARD DOCTOR NEVER EVEN TOUCHED OR EXAMINED THE KNEE!! SHE JUST LOOKED AT THE X-RAY PIC AND DISMISSED MY FRIEND THEN CONTINUED CHATTING. GUESS WHAT WAS ON THE DOCTOR'S LABCOAT? A PIN FROM ONE OF THOSE PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES. YOU CAN IMAGINE- A PROUD CHRISTIAN CHURCH MEMBER WITH NO EMPATHY.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by plaetton: 5:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Even most roadside drunks , scums and scallywags in Nigeria are atheists but you guys dont want to associate with them because they do not have the superior knowledge and rationality in reasoning you guys putatively posses

Do you have any proof that roadside drunks, scums and scallywags in Nigeria are atheists , did you just pull that out your axx? undecided

In fact, I am told repeatedly that it was for the salvation of scums, drunks and scallywags that Jesus supposedly gave his life for.

Therefore, your road side drunks, scums and scallywags, current and those in remission, are most likely to be churchtians.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by urheme: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
plaetton:

Do you have any proof that roadside drunks, scums and scallywags in Nigeria are atheists , did you just pull that out your axx? undecided

In fact, I am told repeatedly that it was for the salvation of scums, drunks and scallywags that Jesus supposedly gave his life for.

Therefore, your road side drunks, scums and scallywags, current and those in remission, are most likely to be churchtians.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;chaiiiii

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2016
plaetton:

Exactly ! Jesus came for non believers (atheists ) and these non believers are roadside drunks, scums and scallywags .

You want proof ? Try telling them about Jesus and watch them react the way you do
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by plaetton: 6:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Exactly ! Jesus came for non believers (atheists ) and these non believers are roadside drunks, scums and scallywags .

You lie.
Pls try to desist from lying on a public forum.

Jesus never came to die for unbelievers, because there was never a dearth of beliefs in his era.

Now, to say that roadside drunks , scums and scallywags are nonbelievers is a very silly, very desperate lie, and you know it.
In fact, take a survey of your neighborhood roadside drunks, scums and scallywags, and you would find that they are believers of your stone-age fsurytales.

I have hardly met a drunk, a scum or a scallywag who was not a Christian.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
johnydon22:

Delusional , as always , read the reactions of people including winner01 on the front page . The purpose of the message isn't discarding God - atheism - but being wise and incredulous to the mendacious teachings of wolves in sheep clothing disguised as pastors , prophets , imans .

He is simply elucidating Biblical verses against Religion without God .

"my people perish for lack of knowledge ... " - evident in the lives of many Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
plaetton:

You lie.
Pls try to desist from lying on a public forum.

Lies ?

Jesus never came to die for unbelievers, because there was never a dearth of beliefs in his era.

Jesus did not come for the righteous . A righteous person is a God - believer , follower , adherent of the teachings of Christ whose lifestyle is pleasing unto God . Atheists - scums , scallywags , roadside drunks - reject the word of God with claims that the gospel was made up for deception .

Now, to say that roadside drunks , scums and scallywags are nonbelievers is a very silly, very desperate lie, and you know it.

Lmao ... you've made up worse desperate lies and disparaging remarks against the principles of God . I'm talking of what I've heard and seen.

In fact, take a survey of your neighborhood roadside drunks, scums and scallywags, and you would find that they are believers of your stone-age fsurytales.

Like I said . You want proof ? Pretend to be a christian and try spreading the word to them .

I have hardly met a drunk, a scum or a scallywag who was not a Christian.

Those are not Christians , they are atheists . Do the simple research with the method I gave you .
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by onetrack(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:
Haha!! I'm so happy!

I saw it this morning as I was getting ready to go to church the beach. Nice to see so many people speaking about their doubts and frustrations with religion and the church. But the same old religious BS arguments are there as well.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

What about medical schools where thing are rapped to students instead of taught? I'm afraid of the doctors we produce.

My friend went to a hospital because he had some pain in his knee. Can you believe that the attending doctor was chatting with another doctor, in her office, then told my friend to get an X-ray?!! After the looking at the x-ray photo, the doctor then referred my friend to the physiotherapist since the leg was not broken. THE BASTARD DOCTOR NEVER EVEN TOUCHED OR EXAMINED THE KNEE!! SHE JUST LOOKED AT THE X-RAY PIC AND DISMISSED MY FRIEND THEN CONTINUED CHATTING. GUESS WHAT WAS ON THE DOCTOR'S LABCOAT? A PIN FROM ONE OF THOSE PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES. YOU CAN IMAGINE- A PROUD CHRISTIAN CHURCH MEMBER WITH NO EMPATHY.

I am sorry about your friend's condition but leme ask you , would Jesus have reacted that way - no show of empathy ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Credentials That Got David The Kingship Of Israel / 'Dressing Sexy' Is A Sin That Would Take You Straight To Hell! / The Ten Commandments Of Human Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.