Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! (11413 Views)

We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by plaetton: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Lies ?

Jesus did not come for the righteous . A righteous person is a God - believer , follower , adherent of the teachings of Christ whose lifestyle is pleasing unto God . Atheists - scums , scallywags , roadside drunks - reject the word of God with claims that the gospel was made up for deceptiion

See how you deceptively conflate righteousness with belief.
So, in your dumb universe, a person is righteous by simple act of belief in a skyfairy?
Really?

Didn't Jesus say that whatever a man soweth, so also shall he reapeth?
Or did he mean whatever a man believeth ?

Beliefs are for the little people, the sheeple that need another to define reality for them, the unthinking masses that need hand-holding to walk through life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2016
plaetton:

You how you deceptively conflate righteousness with belief.
So, in your dumb universe, a person is righteous by simple act of belief in a skyfairy?
Really?

Didn't Jesus say that whatever a man soweth, so also shall he reapeth?
Or did he mean whatever a man believeth ?

A righteous person is a God - believer , follower , adherent of the teachings of Christ whose lifestyle is pleasing unto God

You obviously read my comment with your device upside down

Beliefs are for the little people, the sheeple that need another to define reality for them, the unthinking masses that need hand-holding to walk through life.

Which belief are you talking about :

1. an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof or
2. trust, faith, or confidence

Because I can dig out a thousand and one posts where you've shown both meanings of belief . Off course no one wants to get embarrassed , as usual wink cool
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by plaetton: 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

A righteous person is a God - believer , follower , adherent of the teachings of Christ whose lifestyle is pleasing unto God

In find it funny how you can make a sentence where the end of your sentence contradicts the beginning of your sentence. shocked
How do you manage to do it ? Brain fog?

Let's try to dissect this your convoluted nonsense.

1. " A righteous person is a god believer"
So, all righteous persons are god believers , or, all god believers are righteous?

2. " A righteous person is also follower, adherent of the teachings of Jesus Christ " .
So all believers of god who do not believe, follow the teaching of Jesus are still righteous or unrighteous ?

3. "A righteous person's lifestyle must be pleasing to god".
Pleasing to god as in smashing the heads of babies, committing acts of genocide for god, killing unbelievers for god? Things like that?

You see how silly And contradictory your beliefs and statements are ?

You cannot even define righteousness in one simple sentence without contradicting yourself.

By your definition, only Christians who go on genocidal adventures for god are the righteous ones. People like Hitler, Pope Urban, Pope Leo V, the crusaders, the Spanish inquisitors, the Spanish conquistadors Cortesvand Pizzaro who shed a lot of innocent blood bring Jesus to the native south Americas.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
onetrack:

I saw it this morning as I was getting ready to go to church the beach. Nice to see so many people speaking about their doubts and frustrations with religion and the church. But the same old religious BS arguments are there as well.

At least, it is a starting point.

Of course, the denial crew *cough* Kingebukasblog *cough* will be there to bring the religious BS arguments up.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I am sorry about your friend's condition but leme ask you , would Jesus have reacted that way - no show of empathy ?

Jesus did refuse at first to heal a woman's sick daughter..... lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by winner01(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Delusional , as always , read the reactions of people including winner01 on the front page . The purpose of the message isn't discarding God - atheism - but being wise and incredulous to the mendacious teachings of wolves in sheep clothing disguised as pastors , prophets , imans .

He is simply elucidating Biblical verses against Religion without God .

"my people perish for lack of knowledge ... " - evident in the lives of many Nigerians
howdy brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by UyiIredia(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

At least, it is a starting point.

Of course, the denial crew *cough* Kingebukasblog *cough* will be there to bring the religious BS arguments up.

He's just resuming for NL 102.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2016
plaetton:

In find it funny how you can make a sentence where the end of your sentence contradicts the beginning of your sentence. shocked

So, all righteous persons are god believers , or, all god believers are righteous?

2. " A righteous person is also follower, adherent of the teachings of Jesus Christ " .
So all believers of god who do not believe, follow the teaching of Jesus are still righteous or unrighteous ?

Pleasing to god as in smashing the heads of babies, committing acts of genocide for god, killing unbelievers for god? Things like that?

You cannot even define righteousness in one simple sentence without contradicting yourself.

By your definition, only Christians who go on genocidal adventures for god are the righteous ones. People like Hitler, Pope Urban, Pope Leo V, the crusaders, the Spanish inquisitors, the Spanish conquistadors Cortesvand Pizzaro who shed a lot of innocent blood bring Jesus to the native south Americas.

This post made me weak grin . You'd be really good at stand up comedy cheesy
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 10:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
winner01:
howdy brother

Happy New Year bro

I'm great and you ?
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2016
JackBizzle:

Matthew 15:22- 28

22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.”

23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.”

26 And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.”

27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.”

28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by winner01(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Happy New Year bro

I'm great and you ?
Happy new year to you too brother. I`ve been good. Wishing you God`s goodness and mercy this year.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by dalaman: 4:01am On Jan 04, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Delusional , as always , read the reactions of people including winner01 on the front page . The purpose of the message isn't discarding God - atheism - but being wise and incredulous to the mendacious teachings of wolves in sheep clothing disguised as pastors , prophets , imans .

He is simply elucidating Biblical verses against Religion without God .

"my people perish for lack of knowledge ... " - evident in the lives of many Nigerians

The pastors, imam, and all preach from the bible and Koran for example. If your God is real as you keep selling, why does he allow pastors and imams to lie in his name and lead people whom you guys claim are his children to be lead astray by them? Will you allow liars and crooks to keep leading your kids astray if you have the power to stop them? Why do you keep exposing this God of yours as the mythical and fictitious idea that it is always? So you have this God that you claim is all good and all powerful but all he does is sit down and watch false pastors and imams lead his innocent children astray, even you will do better than that. You guys are just ridiculous with your funny assertions that never makes any sense when scrutinized.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2016
johnydon22:

You talk am oo.. The emergence of reason is a slow and consistent thing i always maintain.

I believe with time, many Nigerians (more than we have now) will come to embrace independent reason and critical thinking in place of religious dogmas...

Critical thinking excludes dogmatic thinking.
Critical thinking doesnt excludes valid religious arguments though.
Both should not be mixed up...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

Euhm...JackBizzle...I sort of expect more of you.
If you use biblical arguments to support your statement...let it be based on biblical knowledge.
As you don't value the bible as a source of valid arguments, it is just better not to use it than use it faulty, as you just did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 04, 2016
plaetton:

Thumbs up for this post. Just the final paragraph is not historically correct. But for this time you are forgiven. The post clearly pinpoints the not logical way of reasoning, circle reasoning, fallacies etc. I still find it weird that Nigerian universities don't teach all freshmen students courses philosophy, scientific reasoning etc. Other places in the world this is standard part of the curriculum.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

Euhm...JackBizzle...I sort of expect more of you.
If you use biblical arguments to support your statement...let it be based on biblical knowledge.
As you don't value the bible as a source of valid arguments, it is just better not to use it than use it faulty, as you just did.

grin

What I said was true. Bros J Christ refused to heal the woman's sick child until she begged...
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

KingEbukaNaija:

Matthew 15:22- 28

22 And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.”

23 But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.”

26 And he answered, “It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.”

27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.”

28 Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly

@ bold-

Bros J. refused to heal the woman's child twice and she had to beg for him to change his mind.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin

What I said was true. Bros J Christ refused to heal the woman's sick child until she begged...

Please do your research well, you are smart enough for that. I don't expect of you that I should chew things for you like I need to do for many others on this forum. Use you own teeth, they are bigger than mine, and get to the core of things first. Then we talking.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

Please do your research well, you are smart enough for that. I don't expect of you that I should chew things for you like I need to do for many others on this forum. Use you own teeth, they are bigger than mine, and get to the core of things first. Then we talking.

cheesy

It is too early for ogogoro and mushin weed na? Calm down.

You haven't read the passage where Jesus refused the Canaanite woman twice before healing the daughter? grin grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

cheesy

It is too early for ogogoro and mushin weed na? Calm down.

You haven't read the passage where Jesus refused the Canaanite woman twice before healing the daughter? grin grin

Don't worry, I am still high from yesterday.
You clearly have never heard of reading comprehensive and using the original sources in original languages.
Ignorance is bliss, I see.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:35am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

You clearly have never heard of reading comprehensive and using the original sources in original languages.
Ignorance is bliss, I see.

Tufanja:

grin grin grin

I see where our differences lie. Issorite
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

grin grin grin

I see where our differences lie. Issorite

As you are quoting me double... I wonder who is high...
Besides, you are escaping to do your homework.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

Thumbs up for this post. Just the final paragraph is not historically correct. But for this time you are forgiven. The post clearly pinpoints the not logical way of reasoning, circle reasoning, fallacies etc. I still find it weird that Nigerian universities don't teach all freshmen students courses philosophy, scientific reasoning etc. Other places in the world this is standard part of the curriculum.
ITK. Philosophy is taught in almost ever University in Nigeria!
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 04, 2016
timonski:

ITK. Philosophy is taught in almost ever University in Nigeria!

It is not worth it the name. Check the content of it and compare it. You will get my point :-).
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

It is not worth it the name. Check the content of it and compare it. You will get my point :-).
Gbagbaun.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 8:56am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

As you are quoting me double... I wonder who is high...
Besides, you are escaping to do your homework.

Emphasis.

Quoted twice and bolded for emphasis. grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

Emphasis.

Quoted twice and bolded for emphasis. grin

I hear you tongue. No need to shout. No my style tongue
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

I hear you tongue. No need to shout. No my style tongue

Sooo.......you still not ready to join an atheist forum? cheesy
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

Sooo.......you still not ready to join an atheist forum? cheesy

You don't want me there, I would eat you raw tongue.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 10:14am On Jan 04, 2016
Tufanja:

You don't want me there, I would eat you raw tongue.

Don't worry about that, I already prefer my women to be animals in bed tongue
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 04, 2016
JackBizzle:

Don't worry about that, I already prefer my women to be animals in bed tongue

The plural betrays the nature...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Annual Church Conventions are Nigeria's Biggest Source Of Tourists - NTDC / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? / Church History Outline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.