Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (60248 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Christ Embassy Church Charging ₦1000 To Attend 31st Night Service / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Analysiscorner: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
murphyibiam15:

THIS ASSERTION DOESNT EVEN RHYME.....PASTOR CHRIS EXPLANATION OF MASTURBATION NOT BEEN SEEN WASNT BASED ON MEDICAL GROUNDS...WHY CONFUSE THINGS
I was only replying somebody else's comments, not Pastor Chris's own view.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ylordy(m): 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:

I'm not condemning the motive bro but someone who has that much doesn't need to collect the little his sheep has to support his course. To be sincere he could as well throw the show sorry service free and it will cost him nothing. I just feel he is over zealous
I didn't want to talk but I reading through compel me to. Not giving in christianity is wickedness,you must give whether poor or rich in the bible isaac asked his son jacob to give him food so that his heart will be blessed to bless him,elijah when he met a widow that had a little food that her son and her will eat before they die,what did elijah told them he said prepare the food for me to eat first and she did we all know what the end result was.so dear don't criticise what you don't understand. God uses the foolishness of this world to confirm the wise.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by boofydon: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Effectively you are saying if I snort cocaine all day I'm not sinning. I can be a dedicated born again tongue speaking fire spitting heaven bound child of God while high on coke? Is this correct?
Moderation is the underlying principle. Drink but don't get drunk, use cocaine but do not abuse it. Here in America some states have legalized the use of Marijuana for medical purposes, is taking Marijuana a sin? I'm sure your pastor will tell you it's better to die than take Marijuana.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
I must watch it online.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Menace2Society(m): 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
you'll meet your descendants in hell where y'all will masturbate for all eternity. I'm redeemed and saved and always will be.
redeemed?more like delusional.U are a fuckin.g sinner just like me
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by airsaylongcon: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
boofydon:

Moderation is the underlying principle. Drink but don't get drunk, use cocaine but do not abuse it. Here in America some states have legalized the use of Marijuana for medical purposes, is taking Marijuana a sin? I'm sure your pastor will tell you it's better to die than take Marijuana.

And I have always looked at cigarette smokers as sinners.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
dorox:
Like all true capitalist, when demand exceed supply for a previously "free" service, you introduce price, and adjust the price upwards until there is equilibrium between demand and supply. With the kind of demand he was having something had to be done. So, don't blame him, the fault rest squarely on the idiots who can't seem to get enough of his shìt at any price.

That cracked me up cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Spidermon: 12:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
I would rather use the 1k to watch premiership football matches.

Church isnt Rhythm Unplugged !
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by XYZeee: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
are you kidding me?? No, like seriously? for real? is this what pastor Chris has been preaching to you?,that masturbation isn't a sin but the motive behind it is?

Holy Moses!!! this is the most absurd thing I've heard all my life. So murder is not a sin but the motive behind it is a sin. fornication and adultery are not sins, only the motive behind them are sins.

I'm really sorry for you..

[/color]if u drive tru someone deliberately or mistakenly man may c it as a crime and wld recommend punishment for the offender such as jail time or a fine. God looks beyond what man can c and d offender may not be seen to have committed any sin bcuz it wasnt deliberate but simply an accident. the difference here is that, it wasnt delibrate(motive) so the accident(action) is not a sin in the eyes of God but wld be considered punishable in the eyes of man. the ways and tot of God is not same with man. the problem among christians is that a lot of dem tink dey know the doctrine by simply attending church every sunday. let the holy spirit guide u to learn beyond your canal understanding of what is sin and whats not. [color=#000099]
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by boofydon: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

And I have always looked at cigarette smokers as sinners.
Because it is highly addictive, that's why there is a mass outreach to discourage people from taking it.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ikorodureporta: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.

mtchew!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ImpactWorld(m): 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
Jared007

whether you masturbate to cure your disease or you masturbate for sperm at the hospital, it is sin.. That modern society embraces it doesn't stop it from being a sin. wether you're held at gun point to kill someone or rape someone, murder is murder, fornication is fornication. Sin is sin and there's no justification whatsoever for it. And pls like a poster asked earlier, where in the bible "motive for sin" located?

Do not add or subtract to the gospel.

I do not support masturbation and I have no reason to do so.

But...

Are you suggesting that all medical and diagnostic procedures that require semen should stop all over the world?

Including

Assisted reproductive techniques,
Semen analysis
etc etc

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ikorodureporta: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
that's no extortion. Must u worship at the auditorium? If u don't want ur 1000 naira to sponsor the gospel why not proceed to ojo viewing center? You are right am one of the "brainwashed sheep" becos the brainwasing is propelling me 4ward and upward in life.

mtchew!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by jared007: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
are you kidding me?? No, like seriously? for real? is this what pastor Chris has been preaching to you?,that masturbation isn't a sin but the motive behind it is?

Holy Moses!!! this is the most absurd thing I've heard all my life. So murder is not a sin but the motive behind it is a sin. fornication and adultery are not sins, only the motive behind them are sins.

you are so dull in comprehension and scriptures. I will painstakingly educate u sir. In galatians 5:19 the works of the flesh were listed. Now the only motive behind fornication,murder etc is greed or lack of love that's why God said u must love ur neighbour as urself. Do u masturbate against ur neighbour or ur own body? Do u love ur body as u love ur neighbours and God? Don't try to twist my word with ur dull reasoning.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by sarutobie(m): 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
Jared007

whether you masturbate to cure your disease or you masturbate for sperm at the hospital, it is sin.. That modern society embraces it doesn't stop it from being a sin. wether you're held at gun point to kill someone or rape someone, murder is murder, fornication is fornication. Sin is sin and there's no justification whatsoever for it. And pls like a poster asked earlier, where in the bible "motive for sin" located?

Do not add or subtract to the gospel.

yea right..I guess blood transfusion to save a human is also sin according to the laws of Moses? I guess wearing clothes made of different materials is sin according to the laws of Moses. in the latter case ALL have sinned..this is why Paul preached against circumcisions for non-jews..If you abide by the laws given to moses and default on even one of them, you are guilty of sin.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Reptyle(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping off our gullible citizens.

This issue of a gate fee for cross over night at Christ Embassy has become a perennial issue.

The church has explained why they do it and the members understand the reason.

In my honest opinion, if the people who pay are doing so without complaining, I say let the matter rest.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by lizcom25: 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2015
You have a choice if your don't want to pay. Attend Crossover service in another church that won't charge you anything. However, it is possible that the members of the church decided to do this in their own way as a way of raising contribution for the church for the activities of that night. There is difference between been a visitor to a church and a member of the church. I rest my case!

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Assslayer: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
ylordy:
I didn't want to talk but I reading through compel me to. Not giving in christianity is wickedness,you must give whether poor or rich in the bible isaac asked his son jacob to give him food so that his heart will be blessed to bless him,elijah when he met a widow that had a little food that her son and her will eat before they die,what did elijah told them he said prepare the food for me to eat first and she did we all know what the end result was.so dear don't criticise what you don't understand. God uses the foolishness of this world to confirm the wise.

Yes i'm fully aware of that but Christ did'nt put a price tag of what you should give neither did he levied or bare people from worshiping with cash. So whats now the difference between AY show nd this church service
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by sarutobie(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Why would you test for STD in semen when there are numerous and more accurate blood tests?
my goodness! I cannot stand hypocrites! is blood not a fluid? infact the blood is an even more sacred fluid than seme*n according to the word of God.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Kirigidi(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:

Dat is exactly wat u get when u allow a pastor to brainwash u witout u personaly study d Bible to knw GOD's command on a particular issue! Don't blame him too much. He needs sincere repentance nd deliverance frm wrong teachings. I was once a member while in d university. It was virtualy a place for tolerance of worldlines, by pipo who at d same time call themselvs Xtians. GOD forgive me if I hav done wrong here because I can't say I don't sin, but d word of GOD shuldn't b twistd as excuse to justify sin. My GOD forgiv us all nd lead us thru d right path in JESUS's NAME. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ikorodureporta: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
When I quoted u at first I thought u were a baby christian so dat I could educate u to maturity but when I checked ur profile I was shocked with what I saw: an atheist/humanist/philosopher? This will be my last answer to u. Now concerning the 1Billion u mentioned as a mega project, would u ve preferred Pastor Chris to ve given the money to sponsor Boko Haram or Brothels? Is Education not a great legacy? Are good institutions in the world not built by practicing christians? I don't need u to answer.

Is that not a means of acquiring shares u'r calling donation? Y dnt he donate to govt Uni.....mtchew!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Holyman3(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.

Iddioot
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by stonecoldcafe: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping ripping off our gullible citizens.

Did any of their member complain to you?

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Any topic about Christ Embassy is bound to make fp.
Are you guys not tired of criticism? For all its worth, the church keeps growing in leaps and bounds. You people keep repeating the same thing yearly and expecting a different result each time.

No one forced you or anyone to pay the money, if you feel pained then report to an appropriate authority, otherwise STFU.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
ikorodureporta:

Is that not a means of acquiring shares u'r calling donation? Y dnt he donate to govt Uni.....mtchew!

Is it your money?
Smh
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by sarutobie(m): 12:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
ideaz:
Next year someone will seek to score cheap point by recycling this topic again.

I think those that do the payment have their reasons and they are as educated and exposed as we are if not better.

Church has always been a business even Jesus called it His father's business.

One pays 50k for one comedian to derive laughter, another pays 10k to watch football match for 90mins and you have no issues with that but one pays 1k to get his necessary inspiration you now term a fool? I cannot see your wisdom here.
the hypocrites will shy away from this particular post because it exposes them for who they are..one is not stupid when he subscribes 2-5k worth of data to multi billion dollar company like MTN, one is not stupid when he pays 5k for vip seats to watch davido and co..but one becomes gullibe when he gives offerings and tithes worth less (sometimes) to a place he believes impacts on his/her life positively?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
ronaldbecky:
mumu useless members

Typical idiot swallowing panadol for another person's head ache.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by amtaken(f): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
If it's to restrict members, why not let people get in without payment and lock the gate when the hall is full or are you telling me that some people with their N1k will be asked to go that there's no more space for them?

Please look for another reason.

#Not judging.
jared007:
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by urchcoded(m): 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
go to another church for crossover..... simple
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by amtaken(f): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
But did he say that masturbation is not a sin?

I asked because you failed to address that in your defence.

Thank you.
jared007:
Amberon even the devil is scared of ur lie. When did pastor chris say abortion is not a sin?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ikorodureporta: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

Is it your money? Smh
so we shldnt talk abt it because we'r not the ones being brainwsd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.