Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. (15779 Views)

Anioma, Igbo And Matters Arising / The End Of Crude Oil And Its Implications for The Igbo Identity In Rivers State / Sunday Oliseh...his Resignation And His Igbo Identity And Denial. Implications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by MrAnalyst: 1:17am On Jan 01, 2016
Habakus:
It's quite strange how some people reason. It's simply better to just shut up when you're not sure of some things than to go about - stubbornly - exposing your ignorance for the whole world to see. You say these people are not Igbos,yet they bear Igbo names(up to as far back as anyone can remember),they have exact cultures and traditions with Igbos,they speak the Igbo language,the names of their towns and villages are Igbo,their traditional rulers have Igbo titles and,other people see them as Igbos. What can be more delusional than that?

I tell you it's mind-boggling!
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ikechu1278: 1:17am On Jan 01, 2016
odogwu125:

Choi, welcome Ikechu.

Thank you. I'm not staying though. Just came to greet Una and wish Una a good year
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by MrAnalyst: 1:19am On Jan 01, 2016
Ugomba:
can you tell me who mentioned Biafra here? Because I did not mention anything like that in my post.
Greedy slots? Are all Igbos in support of Nnamdi Kanu or you just want to throw insults around.

He just wanted us to see his stupid post.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by MrAnalyst: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I will continually knock it into the heads of stubborn mkpi goats, that Ikwerres, regardless of the waywardness of a few mischievous fellows, are not interested in being Igbo. The earlier you Igbo rascals realise that this is a legal issue, the better.

I have to tell you mister. You're making yourself look very childish. Why are you blowing hot over Ikwerre. The thread is not about Ikwerre,the Op didn't even whisper Ikwerre in his post,so why the show of shame? You make yourself look very very childish. Kindly redress this attitude of yours.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ikechu1278: 1:31am On Jan 01, 2016
cheruv:

This is where you need onenaira and his links/sources angry

I don't know much about river state or bayelsa state creation. It does not interest me so I don't research it. Anyway, if you really do want to know who assisted in creating what. This gave a slight summary of it

It was also due to the efforts of another group of Igbo intelligentsia led by retired Commodore Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe that led General Sani Abacha to create Bayelsa and Ebonyi states on October 1, 1996 , while also approving the geo-political zones, even though it is not (yet) in the Constitution as the Igbo recommended.

The creation of an all-Ijaw state was meant to give the Igbo-speaking groups in Rivers their own area of influence; a struggle that the late Dr Obi Wali, a disciple of Dr Azikiwe political school, symbolised. The original script for the creation of Bayelsa State was written by Azikiwe and handed over to Ukiwe to actualise.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/how-igbo-created-south-south/

So from this, it was ukiwe that led abacha to create bayelsa state, not azikiwe.
Azikiwe and obi wali started it. Ukiwe finished it. And you guys are right. It was done to remove ijaw out of river state. Interesting

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by VirginFinder: 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
There are people of Yoruba ancestry in Anioma.
Fact!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cheruv: 1:34am On Jan 01, 2016
ikechu1278:

I don't know much about river state or bayelsa state creation. It does not interest me so I don't research it. Anyway, if you really do want to know who assisted in creating what. This gave a slight summary of it

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/how-igbo-created-south-south/

So from this, it was ukiwe that led abacha to create bayelsa state, not azikiwe.
Azikiwe and obi wali started it. Ukiwe finished it. And you guys are right. It was done to remove ijaw out of river state. Interesting
Thanks man
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cheruv: 1:37am On Jan 01, 2016
VirginFinder:
Fact!
They'd be kicked back to akoko Edo from whence they fled from in the 15th century... We can't harbor 5th columnists in Anioma state angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ikechu1278: 1:40am On Jan 01, 2016
VirginFinder:
Fact!

Attache by forces.

Go to ugbodu and co and ask them what tribe they are, they'll slap you straight across your face if you dare call them Yoruba. FACT!!!

They accept they migrated from yorubaland, even narrate it whenever anyone ask but in this day of age, majority of them do not call themselves Yoruba. Fact!!

While I'm at it, the situation of olukumni proves how much more accomdating Igbo's are. The olukumi migrated to aniocha land, imposed their kings, etc and we allowed them their own lands to be showcase themselves, got welcomed in with zero problem. Fast forward to now, igbos in yorubaland are constantly being told "respect our culture" or and "our land is our land" despite paying for it. Mschewwwww rubbish worthless ppl. I wish our ancestors did the same thing to you fools .

7 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ikechu1278: 1:42am On Jan 01, 2016
cheruv:

They'd be kicked back to akoko Edo from whence they fled from in the 15th century... We can't harbor 5th columnists in Anioma state angry

The ugbodu and co do not see themselves as Yoruba. So this was unnecessary. Couple of my friends are from that side, they are very cool people. Nothing like those Southwest nkitas

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by odogwu125: 1:48am On Jan 01, 2016
cheruv:

The foremost ikwerreman,Obi Wāli would disagree on that
Obi Wali was murderd by Ijaws in 1992 during the fight for ownership of PH. It was Nwoluchem that went to Zik to help rescue PH from Ijaw after which the creation Bayelsa worked the magic. Even today, New PH has bee taken more into ikwere heartland to keep it away from the riverine ppl. PH was a war bounty to the Ijaws for the use of their coastal region to blocade biafra and it was recued from the Ijaw not by ikweres alone who they have already overpowerd with Federal backing but by the a united igbo political front

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by FisifunKododada: 1:52am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:
Tonyebarcanista and his family should never venture out of their family boat into oyigbo, any attempt to venture into oyigboland will be met with brute force capable of sending them back to benin or wherever they claim to have migrated from. Before they came we Igbo in the area now called rivers have been living there including the little land they claimed they own, fishing brought them close to our land. This is a historical fact. Cursed ingrates!

cool Where is your evidence that the Igbos were living in Rivers before the Ijaws came? Isn't it like saying, the Igbos were living in Lagos before the Yorubas came?
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cheruv: 1:55am On Jan 01, 2016
odogwu125:

Obi Wali was murderd by Ijaws in 1992 during the fight for ownership of PH. It was Nwoluchem that went to Zik to help rescue PH from Ijaw after which the creation Bayelsa worked the magic. Even today, New PH has bee taken more into ikwere heartland to keep it away from the riverine ppl. PH was a war bounty to the Ijaws for the use of their coastal region to blocade biafra and it was recued from the Ijaw not by ikweres alone who they have already overpowerd with Federal backing but by the a united igbo political front
All am waiting for is for that toxic crude to fall to $5 per barrel... By then the sea levels must have risen too by 1½ meters or more. Then we'd impose restrictions on the Ijo migration inland...meaning that either they are transported in trains to the North or they're shipped to Yoruba land where they'd be welcomed angry

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cheruv: 1:57am On Jan 01, 2016
FisifunKododada:

cool Where is your evidence that the Igbos were living in Rivers before the Ijaws came? Isn't it like saying, the Igbos were living in Lagos before the Yorubas came?
Nwāfo Igbo nīle gbachie onye apari a nkiti!
Ya zuzucha o si ebe a puo undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by FisifunKododada: 2:02am On Jan 01, 2016
cheruv:

Nwāfo Igbo nīle gbachie onye apari a nkiti!
Ya zuzucha o si ebe a puo undecided

cool I see. Another IPOB youth. No brain. All mouth. Good luck to you in this new year dummy.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by FisifunKododada: 2:06am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

My parents did not rob me anything. I'm a proud Ikwerre.

No need feeling inferior to anyone. Emancipate yourself from such complex.

Sometimes i feel ashamed when a major tribe like the Igbos open their mouths to complain of being marginalised by Hausa which are another major tribe like them. You cannot slug it out with the Yorubas and Hausa/Fulani but choose to chicken out with minorities to form another country.

So Igbos want a country where they are the single majority wielding absolute authority over others.

Pls Igbos stay in Nigeria where other major tribes act as a check n balance to you. TNX

cool Golden. Walahi. Golden. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by CltrAltDel: 2:08am On Jan 01, 2016
ikechu1278:

The ugbodu and co do not see themselves as Yoruba. So this was unnecessary. Couple of my friends are from that side, they are very cool people. Nothing like those Southwest nkitas
As usual inferiority complex. ...cant you chest beating tribe do without mentioning the yorubas. It is obvious the yorubas gives you guys serious hard on that you must mention them in ur useless threads.
Stop blaming them for ur unfortunate predicament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by CltrAltDel: 2:11am On Jan 01, 2016
FisifunKododada:

Dont mind them. ..the "we dominate and the same time we are marginalized tribe". ...confused set of nitwits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by FisifunKododada: 2:19am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Call him to come lets speak Ikwerre live and direct.

cool N na see challenge - The IPOB youths have been checkmated grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by FisifunKododada: 2:33am On Jan 01, 2016
joeprince23:
one thing he fails to realise is that no ethnic nationality in riverine areas of rivers state identifies as ijaw any longer(riverine is now minority) if any one doubts me... FYI: take a bus along emohua-kalabari road down to Bille kingdom in kalabaria (buguma LGA) and call any amanyanabo there Ijaw and what ur death with our own eyes (kalabari is new-calabar and a different ethnic nationality) Izon is in BAYELSA and gbaramatu in warri PERIOD.

Yeparipa Ye! What the fvck did you just type? Dude you no get sense at all? Don't say that shit near people with common sense abeg.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 3:17am On Jan 01, 2016
Jesus Christ! How did I miss this thread.
I will never forgive myself today for coming late to the thread. Apologies Ugomba.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by ElekeNtioba: 3:29am On Jan 01, 2016
VirginFinder:
Fact!

ewww.....pls dont stain d good pple of anioma. I can stand bini ancestry. Yoruba is just digusting.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Efe3: 6:48am On Jan 01, 2016
when it is time to lie about how small Igboland is, Igbos are only in the 5 SE states,
but when it is time for Igbos to get benefits, an Igbo man from Anioma can represent the SE.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by cheruv: 6:57am On Jan 01, 2016
Efe3:
when it is time to lie about how small Igboland is, Igbos are only in the 5 SE states,
but when it is time for Igbos to get benefits, an Igbo man from Anioma can represent the SE.
That's exactly what buhari did with his PMC on Dec 30

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 6:58am On Jan 01, 2016
MrAnalyst:

I have to tell you mister. You're making yourself look very childish. Why are you blowing hot over Ikwerre. The thread is not about Ikwerre,the Op didn't even whisper Ikwerre in his post,so why the show of shame? You make yourself look very very childish. Kindly redress this attitude of yours.

WTH are you saying. I dont care if the Op mentioned Ikwerre, if i see Ikwerre mentioned by any moniker, im in.

Do not reply this mention except you want this thread to "grow" to maybe page 20.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by anticabal1: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Please HopeAtHand, it is true that not everything the Igbo man says should be taken seriously. I am Rivers Ijaw and not obliged to provide more details about myself than I deem necessary to anyone. Indeed, it is the height of a presumption based on nothing actually, to think that anyone must provide extra details about themselves to you upon request. So the more they want to know where exactly I come from, the more I derive pleasure from depriving them of that knowledge and it seems it infuriates them.

It seems also they believe that getting insultive on me will make me say "Oh! I am from bla, bla, bal!" Unfortunately, they do not understand that their opinions of my earthly ethnic origins are not part of my self-esteem equation.

I believed that academically, Ikwerres should be Ibos but they have vehemently said they are not. Who am I to then declare them so? I don't have those powers. If the Omumas of RS say they are Igbo, who will question them?

If Igbos claim that Ikwere is Igbo, then they should straighten out with the Ikweres and stop creating a stir with everyone else. No one else but themselves and the Ikweres and the Etches and Omuma pple are involved in this.

As for Anioma, I really do not know anything about it and cannot get involved.

But I know for certain (and from what I have seen on NL and outside NL) that there is one ethnic group in Nigeria that confidently declares the wishes of their imaginations as fact.

While others keep records and turn to research in order to take a position for today against tomorrow, they simply declare the imaginations of their hearts to the rest of the surprised world.
[/size]

So you are now ijaw, you had to to wait for Igbo and Ijaws to disagree here because of Biafra before you jumped on the 'ijaw side" and declared yourself an ijaw but before then if you are asked the name of your village, you'll claim South south. Stupid liar who can't keep record of his lies.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Abagworo(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Ugomba, i dunno if im invited to your thread.

Anyway, i still invite myself
. cheesy

I congratulate Anioma people of Delta state for their decision to reassert their Igboness. I also congratulate the Oyigbo and Egbema people of Rivers for their decision to reassert their Igboness

We should also recognise and accept the decision of the Ikwerres, Ogbas and Ekpeye people who have said they are not Igbos, and accord them the respect they deserve. By doing so, we can live at peace with all men.

Thank you all for your understanding. Happy new year.

Wise Igbos like me have long dissociated those people from Igbo discussions. It is only the ignorant ones that innocently assume they are Igbos.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 8:09am On Jan 01, 2016
Abagworo:

Wise Igbos like me have long dissociated those people from Igbo discussions. It is only the ignorant ones that innocently assume they are Igbos.

Looking at the language of the Ekpeyes, Ogbas and Ikwerres, can they be said to be Igbo. Be sincere.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by nextdoor84(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Looking at the language of the Ekpeyes, Ogbas and Ikwerres, can they be said to be Igbo. Be sincere.

Hopeathand or whatever you seem to call yourself. .please speak for your Ikwerre self and not dabble into what so ever that concern the Ekpeye nation..
I am a bona fide Ekpeye man and I know where my loyalty lies..
Thanks!!!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by HopeAtHand: 8:28am On Jan 01, 2016
nextdoor84:

Hopeathand or whatever you seem to call yourself. .please speak for your Ikwerre self and not dabble into what so ever that concern the Ekpeye nation..
I am a bona fide Ekpeye man and I know where my loyalty lies..
Thanks!!!

Who dash monkey banana. Swear on your life that you're from Ekpeye.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by Eastlink(m): 8:52am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:

So you are now ijaw, you had to to wait for Igbo and Ijaws to disagree here because of Biafra before you jumped on the 'ijaw side" and declared yourself an ijaw but before then if you are asked the name of your village, you'll claim South south. Stupid liar who can't keep record of his lies.
Make una leave Coolscott o. He doesnt lie about his ethnicity. He is a bonafide Ijaw son.
Re: Buhari And The Anioma-Igbo Identity. by MrAnalyst: 9:08am On Jan 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

WTH are you saying. I dont care if the Op mentioned Ikwerre, if i see Ikwerre mentioned by any moniker, im in.

Do not reply this mention except you want this thread to "grow" to maybe page 20.

Please,stop giving me further proof of immaturity on your side. You're bringing in Ikwerre into an Anioma thread,that's a wrong move,wait for an Ikwerre related thread. Even your cohort Barcanista usually stays put till it concerns Ijaw or ND as a whole. Again,don't flatter yourself with more childish e-threats. I don't subscribe to such nonsense. Compliments!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Northern Elders Declare “full Support” For Osinbajo / Atiku Ready To Speak As Pressure Mounts On Tinubu Over Chicago Saga / Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.