Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,871 members, 7,844,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies (3959 Views)

How Can You Keep Up With A Girl That Replies Your Chat With "Yes,ok,no,fine,? / Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies / Man With The World’s Longest joystick Weighs It To Prove It’s Real(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

No I don't know his tribal name....is it different than his name?
Yea, if his name is not English then it's must be indigenous.
Except if it is Cletus that name is still confusing me. I don't know if its English or Nigeria.
Just ask the boo his Nigerian indigenous name then I'll give you my own piece of advice.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Michellla(f): 9:08am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

Sorry so long, but had to make sure I gave all the information lol
Some questions you could ask yourself in this area include: Have you ever seen where he lives, especially after dating for an extended time? Does he avoid talking about how he spends his personal time? Do certain facts he reveals about his life seem to be contradictory?
these are some questions you should ask yourself

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by misspicy(f): 9:09am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:

Chai. Y i call u sef cry
Mawnin dear smiley
lol,that's the truth now

and can you see that Xpac01 trying to turn this into a tribal thing,read his last comment...
when will Nigerians stop been foolish?

good morning

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 9:16am On Jan 04, 2016
Michellla:
Some questions you could ask yourself in this area include: Have you ever seen where he lives, especially after dating for an extended time? Does he avoid talking about how he spends his personal time? Do certain facts he reveals about his life seem to be contradictory?
these are some questions you should ask yourself

He showed me his house already and said he wanted me to come visit him and his door is always open. No he doesn't really avoid talking about his personal time. He texts me all day throughout the day. We have video called a couple of times. Generally I have not found anything really to contradict him other than those pictures from 2011 or so. I asked him if I can come by whenever I want without having to call. He said yes his door is always open for me. And he said when he starts his course and gets a job he will give me a key to his place. I am not terribly concerned about him seeing other people here it is more of back home if he really has a wife and kids......
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

lol,that's the truth now

and can you see that Xpac01 trying to turn this into a tribal thing,read his last comment...

good morning

Lol....most Nigerians won't grin.
Uve said enough, i rili don't wanna start talking on d matter either
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Michellla(f): 9:21am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

He showed me his house already and said he wanted me to come visit him and his door is always open. No he doesn't really avoid talking about his personal time. He texts me all day throughout the day. We have video called a couple of times. Generally I have not found anything really to contradict him other than those pictures from 2011 or so. I asked him if I can come by whenever I want without having to call. He said yes his door is always open for me. And he said when he starts his course and gets a job he will give me a key to his place. I am not terribly concerned about him seeing other people here it is more of back home if he really has a wife and kids......
it could be he's married back home.you dont know any close acquintance you could ask about that? cause i doubt he's been sincere with you

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

lol,that's the truth now

good morning
What's up bae, it's too early get roughned ok? I don't even see how this trend got to be any of your minute business.
Moreover, did you by anyway peek into my thought to know what am about to advise the sis
PS: only a ma.d person calls a sane person foo.lish.
Have a pleasant day :[
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2016
Here's d deal.
We can't help on that info without a name
If you'll leave a first name and surname here, or his fb details, caring Nigerians might look into it.

GodFrearing:

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 9:26am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:

Lol....most Nigerians won't grin.
Uve said enough, i rili don't wanna start talking on d matter either
I pray you're wise sha. Because our generation is desparately in need of wise youths out there not just on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:28am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:

What's up bae, it's too early get roughned ok? I don't even see how this trend got to be any of your minute business.
Moreover, did you by anyway peek into my thought to know what am about to advise the sis
Oh pls don't start
It's too early
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 04, 2016
@GodFrearing...be careful, girl.

Creamish:
Only time will reveal his true intentions. For now, take it slow.

I'm curious.. what was his explanation with respect to his "wife and kids"?

Ya know, tho undecided .....I was thinking the same thing.

Personally, seeing FB posts about a 'wife' is a BIG red flag. I don't think people would post something about a wife if one didn't currently or at least "previously" exist.
Seeing that I don't even know if I'd take it slow. I'd prob turn and not gamble on that one.
But I too am curious to know his explanation. Is he divorced, widower, a 'baby daddy'...
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2016
Hunnydropps:
@GodFrearing...be careful, girl.

Ya know, tho undecided .....I was thinking the same thing.

Personally, seeing FB posts about a 'wife' is a BIG red flag. I don't think people would post something about a wife if one didn't currently or at least "previously" exist.
Seeing that I don't even know if I'd take it slow. I'd prob turn and not gamble on that one.
But I too am curious to know his explanation. Is he divorced, widower, a 'baby daddy'...

He said he was never married and never had kids.... he said the picture he posted was of his girlfriend and saying he misses her and then people were saying he has a beautiful wife and he says thank you. He never said he has a wife on facebook. He just posted he missed her. And that it was just his girlfriend.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by luvguy(m): 9:42am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:
I am a Canadian who just recently got into a relationship with an Nigerian man. We met on a dating website. He lives only 3 hours from me right now.

I was wondering if how he is acting is typical and he cares or he is planning on using me because he thinks I am desperate? He says he really really really really likes me....he has told me already that he wants to take me to Nigeria to meet his family and wants to go places with his friends.

I have a very complicated home life right now which he isn't too thrilled about but understands. I have a special needs child who's father still stays and helps out with him a few days a week.

But the first day we saw each other we went for coffee and during his talking he said 'his sister is a doctor who is planning on coming to Canada next year and if we are still together you can meet her'. He wanted to see more of me, so we met up for a movie that same night. When we were leaving the theatre we ran into a group of his Nigerian friends and they talked for a few seconds as we were walking out and he put his arm around me and sped up almost to get away from them. He wanted to see me again before I left home, so we went for lunch the next day. Then I had to do some shopping. So we went out shopping together to get my stuff. Throughout our 2 days spent together at coffee he paid even took the cups back to the counter when we were done, helped put in my shoe I was trying on when I was having trouble, wouldn't let me lift the heavy things into or out of the cart, paid for our outings without me asking or saying anything. He said he was raised to treat women right and take care of them. He held my hand and hugged me often. He has been nothing but sweet. He is in Canada on a student visa though, and starts his program in a few months. I told him he had better not use me to get citizenship and he told me how he was planning on applying when he was finished school. He seems to come from a well off family, his dad is a dr his mom is a principle. I told him I don't want sex for awhile because I have been used before. And he said he was fine with that but kept talking about and mentioning sex, but now after I got mad at him about some stuff on facebook he said he did think of sex with me next time I was down but now no sex until I am ready.

But he just added me to facebook and I saw some pictures which bothered me. They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately. so I got mad and confronted him. He was calm about it and explained everything....and he deleted the pictures. But not sure if he is just saying that or if he really does have a wife and kids back home. When we were talking when we were out shopping we passed a couple that had twins, and he was like aww look twins and really seemed to like the kids we came upon.

Please some advice or suggestions or ideas. He is the first Nigerian I have dated and I understand culture and ways of life are different. Just wanting some insight if this is 'normal' or I should be concerned.

Thank you!!
God Bless!!
canada kor ghana ni
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:47am On Jan 04, 2016
Then the twins!
Did he say they were his girlfriend's cousins? undecided

GodFrearing:

He said he was never married and never had kids.... he said the picture he posted was of his girlfriend and saying he misses her and then people were saying he has a beautiful wife and he says thank you. He never said he has a wife on facebook. He just posted he missed her. And that it was just his girlfriend.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 9:48am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Then the twins!
Did he say they were his girlfriend's cousins? undecided

The twins he said he found that picture online and put it on his fb page. He said if you google black babies they will show up.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

Oh, I see. This is a tricky one bc it's common to be referred to as wife by others even if your just a girlfriend.

You will need to compare his words to his actions. Watch for unnecessary pressures from his side. Do background research like you would dating another man. Trust your instincts. Don't take anything you see or hear at face value if it seems fishy to you in one way or the other. Most of all...pray for discernment for all matters in your relationship.

I wish you the best. Happy New Year smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:55am On Jan 04, 2016
Don't say trust ur instincts. She's not Nigerian and needs insight into the Nigerian mind, dats why she's here

Hunnydropps:

Oh, I see. This is a tricky one bc it's common to be referred to as wife by others even if your just a girlfriend.

You will need to compare his words to his actions. Watch for unnecessary pressures from his side. Do background research like you would dating another man. Trust your instincts. Don't take anything you see or hear at face value if it seems fishy to you in one way or the other. Most of all...pray for discernment for all matters in your relationship.

I wish you the best. Happy New Year smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Ur comments can make a lion toothless grin grin grin Mawnin
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2016
Michellla:
When relationships start
fast and intense, beware. It is important to get to know the person as much as possible before
you allow your emotions to take control.
Once you are emotionally involved, it is easy to
overlook telltale signs. For example that picture you saw that he dismissed.
is he only coming to visit or calling you at
certain times? Does it appear that he has excuses to account for blocks of time that he is
“missing in action”? Does he bring you around
his family or friends? Do you know anyone else
that knows him? Do you know where he works
or what he actually does for a living? Is he
always coming to your house versus you going to his? While these questions may sound as if
you are playing detective, it is best to play
“Columbo” on the front end rather than be the
victim on the back end.
these are some questions you should integrate into your conversations and observe his behavior.
dont just fall head over heels.
on point
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by misspicy(f): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:

lmao,did I touch a rough spot?

now tell the world why you are so kin on knowing is native name

story said Nigerian man,you are after his native name before you can advice..
seen any connection? we all ain't fools on here

now move along,AF seen and dealt with multitudes of your kinds,not new tonguetongue
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 10:30am On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

lmao,did I touch a rough spot?

now tell the world why you are so kin on knowing is native name

story said Nigerian man,you are after his native name before you can advice..
seen any connection? we all ain't fools on here

now move along,AF seen and dealt with multitudes of your kinds,not new tonguetongue
Aint got ya time, its first day at work.

Good luck in your dealing with multitudes wish you more this year. cheesy

Gracias de mien!
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by misspicy(f): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:

Aint got ya time, its first day at work.

Good luck in your dealing with multitudes wish you more this year. cheesy

Gracias de mien!
lol gringrin

just run along with your tail between your leg,we got zero tolerance with tribal bigots on here tonguetonguetongue
have a fruitful day if you wish cheesy
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

Thank you!! I greatly appreciate your advice!!

You welcome. Keep looking out for yourself and your child if you feel uncomfortable with anything make sure you clarify till you feel peaceful about the decision you are making in and for the relationship don't let anyone make you feel your uncomfortable feelings are not valid not saying you should do the relationship defensively just saying do it in a way that takes care of your needs and concerns.

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Cybertext(m): 10:53am On Jan 04, 2016
You need to be careful here.... if this story is real.

There are two things involve here, its either he has true feelings for you or he doesn't....
The wife and twin thingy: If he's still in his 20s there's higher probability that he's saying the truth; at least going by the explanation he gave, since the pix dated back 5years ago (2011)...

And No matter what your feelings are with him don't in any way support him financially (the day he ask you to give him some money is the day you fleee).

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Don't say trust ur instincts. She's not Nigerian and needs insight into the Nigerian mind, dats why she's here

I can REALLY see what your saying but human instinct is a primal thing regardless of where your from or culture. That feeling that needs not be explained by anyone, that feeling were all born with.

You could've posted your thoughts to her directly like I did without posting to me that I shouldn't say what I did. She is asking for NL opinions/advice, correct?
The more points of view she gets the better for her. She can take or leave from it what she will.

Also I advised her to keep her eyes open. Investigate/assess things for herself. If I said go on the stereotypes, prejudices and misinformation you may have been exposed to that would have been one thing... but I didn't say anything like that. So I really don't see a problem with what I told her.

I think we're at the core both advocating research of some sort. Whether it's her coming to NL soley for cultural clarifications or getting general relationship advice that could be applied to anyone's relationship. At the end of the day, if she applies wisdom, it can all be a benefit to her. I'm sure we can both agree on that.

Happy New Year smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Oh pls don't start It's too early
You wey know. cheesy
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nightie(f): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2016
Sum of una jst dey confuse d lady join.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 11:27am On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

lol gringrin

just run along with your tail between inbetween your leg legs,we got zero tolerance with tribal bigots on here tonguetongue
have a fruitful day if you wish cheesy

Lurid corrupt girl. What has my tail joystick got to do with tribal bigotism as you brought up here, huh
By the way, take your corrections up there, inbetween rather than between and Legs rather than leg. cheesy cheesy
Please dear, before you quote me again, check your grammer. If you can't please run along and stay off my quote... Thanks wink
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by uchennamani(m): 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:
I am a Canadian who just recently got into a relationship with an Nigerian man. We met on a dating website. He lives only 3 hours from me right now.

I was wondering if how he is acting is typical and he cares or he is planning on using me because he thinks I am desperate? He says he really really really really likes me....he has told me already that he wants to take me to Nigeria to meet his family and wants to go places with his friends.

I have a very complicated home life right now which he isn't too thrilled about but understands. I have a special needs child who's father still stays and helps out with him a few days a week.

But the first day we saw each other we went for coffee and during his talking he said 'his sister is a doctor who is planning on coming to Canada next year and if we are still together you can meet her'. He wanted to see more of me, so we met up for a movie that same night. When we were leaving the theatre we ran into a group of his Nigerian friends and they talked for a few seconds as we were walking out and he put his arm around me and sped up almost to get away from them. He wanted to see me again before I left home, so we went for lunch the next day. Then I had to do some shopping. So we went out shopping together to get my stuff. Throughout our 2 days spent together at coffee he paid even took the cups back to the counter when we were done, helped put in my shoe I was trying on when I was having trouble, wouldn't let me lift the heavy things into or out of the cart, paid for our outings without me asking or saying anything. He said he was raised to treat women right and take care of them. He held my hand and hugged me often. He has been nothing but sweet. He is in Canada on a student visa though, and starts his program in a few months. I told him he had better not use me to get citizenship and he told me how he was planning on applying when he was finished school. He seems to come from a well off family, his dad is a dr his mom is a principle. I told him I don't want sex for awhile because I have been used before. And he said he was fine with that but kept talking about and mentioning sex, but now after I got mad at him about some stuff on facebook he said he did think of sex with me next time I was down but now no sex until I am ready.

But he just added me to facebook and I saw some pictures which bothered me. They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately. so I got mad and confronted him. He was calm about it and explained everything....and he deleted the pictures. But not sure if he is just saying that or if he really does have a wife and kids back home. When we were talking when we were out shopping we passed a couple that had twins, and he was like aww look twins and really seemed to like the kids we came upon.

Please some advice or suggestions or ideas. He is the first Nigerian I have dated and I understand culture and ways of life are different. Just wanting some insight if this is 'normal' or I should be concerned.

Thank you!!
God Bless!!
New year scam. Guys are really not smiling!
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Lordprez: 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

I don't want to be a mood spoiler or type long words

in fact I don't want to dissect and analyse the story its so obvious he is playing her gringringringrin

so amma just advice her to move on if she will listen and not remain blinded by fake love and fake care

you know say this oyinbo girls dey mumu wella gringrin
@bolded

haba that's uncalled forangry
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 12:47pm On Jan 04, 2016
Lordprez:

@bolded

haba that's uncalled forangry

What does what was said mean? Was it bad?
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Wolfbrother(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
whenever i see threads like this , i just go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only A Foolish Girl Will Stay With A Man Who Cheats / Lady Rejects Her Mother-in-law Food Because It Was Served Without Meat Or Fish / Ain't Having A Strong Erection,please Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.