Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies (3941 Views)

How Can You Keep Up With A Girl That Replies Your Chat With "Yes,ok,no,fine,? / Lady Wants Boyfriend That Will Keep Her Till She Gets A Husband. See Replies / Man With The World’s Longest joystick Weighs It To Prove It’s Real(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:21am On Jan 04, 2016
I am a Canadian who just recently got into a relationship with an Nigerian man. We met on a dating website. He lives only 3 hours from me right now.

I was wondering if how he is acting is typical and he cares or he is planning on using me because he thinks I am desperate? He says he really really really really likes me....he has told me already that he wants to take me to Nigeria to meet his family and wants to go places with his friends.

I have a very complicated home life right now which he isn't too thrilled about but understands. I have a special needs child who's father still stays and helps out with him a few days a week.

But the first day we saw each other we went for coffee and during his talking he said 'his sister is a doctor who is planning on coming to Canada next year and if we are still together you can meet her'. He wanted to see more of me, so we met up for a movie that same night. When we were leaving the theatre we ran into a group of his Nigerian friends and they talked for a few seconds as we were walking out and he put his arm around me and sped up almost to get away from them. He wanted to see me again before I left home, so we went for lunch the next day. Then I had to do some shopping. So we went out shopping together to get my stuff. Throughout our 2 days spent together at coffee he paid even took the cups back to the counter when we were done, helped put in my shoe I was trying on when I was having trouble, wouldn't let me lift the heavy things into or out of the cart, paid for our outings without me asking or saying anything. He said he was raised to treat women right and take care of them. He held my hand and hugged me often. He has been nothing but sweet. He is in Canada on a student visa though, and starts his program in a few months. I told him he had better not use me to get citizenship and he told me how he was planning on applying when he was finished school. He seems to come from a well off family, his dad is a dr his mom is a principle. I told him I don't want sex for awhile because I have been used before. And he said he was fine with that but kept talking about and mentioning sex, but now after I got mad at him about some stuff on facebook he said he did think of sex with me next time I was down but now no sex until I am ready.

But he just added me to facebook and I saw some pictures which bothered me. They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately. so I got mad and confronted him. He was calm about it and explained everything....and he deleted the pictures. But not sure if he is just saying that or if he really does have a wife and kids back home. When we were talking when we were out shopping we passed a couple that had twins, and he was like aww look twins and really seemed to like the kids we came upon.

Please some advice or suggestions or ideas. He is the first Nigerian I have dated and I understand culture and ways of life are different. Just wanting some insight if this is 'normal' or I should be concerned.

Thank you!!
God Bless!!
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:
he put his arm around me and sped up almost to get away from them.

but kept talking about and mentioning sex,

They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately....and he deleted the pictures.
Ur post has its answer already. If u let him, he'll successfully have a child with u in canada and keep d ones he has in nigeria at home. Even we back here in nigeria, we do family research, relative research, friend research and even juju research just to knw who our fiancees really is. In ur case u're far from home and u want to risk ur life happiness based on facebook research alone. U knw whether na epillepsy or skosko family he from come? Even d facebook don show say he no dey loyal.

Abeg shine ur eye u never see husband.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 04, 2016
treat him like he is the best thing that ever happened to you he cares for you nothing more

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2016
They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately. so I got mad and confronted him. He was calm about it and explained everything....

how did this brother explain that part? Please share.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:30am On Jan 04, 2016
olihilistic:
treat him like him like he is the best thing that ever happened to you he cares for you nothing more

Currently I am!! And so far he has been....I just can't set myself up for hurt...it's not just me who will be hurt.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2016
never feel hurt he is not gonna hurt you.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2016
You taking someOne you met on a Dating Site serious gives me the Infallible impression that you might be A shallow Person.

Don't you get approached by "Real" Men? Why seek solace on a dating site WHERE people claim to be what they aren't? People you meet on Dating Sites are Hardly ever serious. The guy probably wants to "Pop your Cherry" & Then take the Exit OR He just wants you to be a Means of getting what he wants which is Pretty Obvious BUT you're refusing to See It.

If You don't want to Get Hurt again, Let That Guy Go ASAP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Michellla(f): 8:39am On Jan 04, 2016
When relationships start
fast and intense, beware. It is important to get to know the person as much as possible before
you allow your emotions to take control.
Once you are emotionally involved, it is easy to
overlook telltale signs. For example that picture you saw that he dismissed.
is he only coming to visit or calling you at
certain times? Does it appear that he has excuses to account for blocks of time that he is
“missing in action”? Does he bring you around
his family or friends? Do you know anyone else
that knows him? Do you know where he works
or what he actually does for a living? Is he
always coming to your house versus you going to his? While these questions may sound as if
you are playing detective, it is best to play
“Columbo” on the front end rather than be the
victim on the back end.
these are some questions you should integrate into your conversations and observe his behavior.
dont just fall head over heels.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2016
You've known yourself all your life, you know you have you and your child's best interest at heart so trust yourself take things slow don't allow him rush you into anything be it s.ex or a committed relationship. Those pictures you saw on face book don't dismiss them at same time don't nag him just observe and take it slow.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2016
RexKex:
You taking someOne you met on a Dating Site serious gives me the Infallible impression that you might be A shallow Person.

Don't you get approached by "Real" Men? Why seek solace on a dating site WHERE people claim to be what they aren't? People you meet on Dating Sites are Hardly ever serious. The guy probably wants to "Pop your Cherry" & Then take the Exist OR He just wants you to be a Means of getting what he wants which is Pretty Obvious BUT you're refusing to See It.

If You don't want to Get Hurt again, Let That Guy Go ASAP!

I think I am the farthest thing from a shallow person.....I treat everyone with kindness and respect no matter who they are!! I think everyone is beautiful and has something amazing about them!! Yes every single person!

No I do not get approached by men in 'real life' because I am not a skinny blonde! I am thick and have curves which not too many guys care for unfortunately. I use a dating site because where I am from the population is only about 2000 people and I am related to most of them. So in order for me to meet anyone who is of dating age, I have to use alternative ways to meet people!

If I was 'too blind to see it' would I really have confronted him or would I be seeking advice from here? No I would think nothing of it!

I have no problem ending it if he is infact using me, but I don't want to end it before it really starts because it could just be some culture differences I don't know!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:46am On Jan 04, 2016
Michellla:
reading...

Sorry so long, but had to make sure I gave all the information lol
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:48am On Jan 04, 2016
andromida:
You've known yourself all your life, you know you have you and your child's best interest at heart so trust yourself take things slow don't allow him rush you into anything be it s.ex or a committed relationship. Those pictures you saw on face book don't dismiss them at same time don't nag him just observe and take it slow.

Thank you!! I greatly appreciate your advice!!
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Creamish(f): 8:48am On Jan 04, 2016
Only time will reveal his true intentions. For now, take it slow.

I'm curious.. what was his explanation with respect to his "wife and kids"?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2016
Trust whatever your instincts say about him, don't allow ur heart to rule your head where he is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by StefanSalvatore: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2016
Run for d heels lady
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2016
***imma be really Blunt here!undecided

I honestly Think He's bad news, I think You should watch Your back.. I think he's only using You, I think he wants to use you to get his visa thingy..
Oh, lawwwwwd! its staring at You already! he's A Fraud! the acting all nice, romantic and caring thingy is A ruse...A charade!

for all things worth, he might be Married with dozens of Kids..scenarios Like this happens all the time.. And You, my friend already have A Kid's best interest at heart..trust Me, You don't want anything jeopardising that...

Just take it slow..Guys could be really Deceptive sometimes, He probably has some Ulterior motives..

Time they say reveals the REAL You...get to know him, like Really know him...Give it time, if he Really does has Your best interest At heart? If he's really Into You? he wouldn't mind waiting...

At the end, it all falls down To Yah..just do you, whatever makes You happy.smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by xpac01(m): 8:51am On Jan 04, 2016
Do you know his tribal name? If yes, tell me, then I'll know how to advise properly.
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 04, 2016
To be fair enough, you are the one who can best answer all this question for your self. When you confornted him how was his reactions? The look on his face. But you know that online dating is not one of the options. People pretend a lot, they don't keep to their words, scammers everywhere. Try to sit him down,beg him nd plead to him. Tell him to please have mercy on you as not to fall victim again. Promise him if it's all about his papers that u will get them for him even if you guys don't end up marrying. Tell him all you want is a happy home and someone that will be around forever. Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

how did this brother explain that part? Please share.

He said the kids were random pictures he found on the internet and if I googled black babies they would show up. And the other one was a little girl he took a picture with at church. And the 'wife' he said that he just put a picture of his girlfriend up saying he misses her and people were calling her his wife and that she is pretty. These pictures are from 2011....so well before we knew each other. And he said I added you to facebook knowing I had these pictures and wouldn't I delete them before I added you, so I have nothing to hide. And he said how is he to know 100% sure I wasn't sleeping with my ex while we were together. It's the same thing, trust is needed both ways.

That is basically his reasoning....
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2016
Estharfabian, i beg u, no comment cry. Dis 1 dat i can c u on d viewing list ehn grin
Misspicy, wachyasay
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:

I think I am the farthest thing from a shallow person.....I treat everyone with kindness and respect no matter who they are!! I think everyone is beautiful and has something amazing about them!! Yes every single person!
Treating Everyone with kindness doesn't have anything to do with Being Shallow.

GodFrearing:
No I do not get approached by men in 'real life' because I am not a skinny blonde! I am thick and have curves which not too many guys care for unfortunately. I use a dating site because where I am from the population is only about 2000 people and I am related to most of them. So in order for me to meet anyone who is of dating age, I have to use alternative ways to meet people!
That's the Problem! You think you are thick. You think guys won't approach you because you are thick. You think you are not good enough. Most men you find on Dating sites just want casual Sex and nothing More, Only very Few ones could be Really serious.

GodFrearing:
If I was 'too blind to see it' would I really have confronted him or would I be seeking advice from here? No I would think nothing of it!
You confronted him Probably because you wished what you saw wasn't real. But what did he do? He denied and Deleted the pictures. That guy is Probably married. He wants to gain Something from you. You may not know it now BUT sooner OR later, You will.

GodFrearing:
I have no problem ending it if he is infact using me, but I don't want to end it before it really starts because it could just be some culture differences I don't know!
Well, Your Choice!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Eleniyan15: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:
Do you know his tribal name? If yes, tell me, then I'll know how to advise properly.

you wan pour sand for the guy garri abi ndigbo
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by GodFrearing(f): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:

No I don't know his tribal name....is it different than his name?
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Mhizkel(f): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2016
xpac01:
grin grin
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Estharfabian, i beg u, no comment cry. Dis 1 dat i can c u on d viewing list ehn grin
Misspicy, wachyasay
My comments are Always heartbreaking Huh??grin

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by alexvatt(m): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2016
which dating site did u meet him? upload ur picture let the real guy meet u
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2016
Estharfabian:
My comments are Always heartbreaking Huh??grin

Ur comments can make a lion toothless grin grin grin
Mawnin
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by alexvatt(m): 9:00am On Jan 04, 2016
which dating site did u meet him? upload ur picture here, let the real guy meet u
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by misspicy(f): 9:02am On Jan 04, 2016
GodFrearing:
I am a Canadian who just recently got into a relationship with an Nigerian man. We met on a dating website. He lives only 3 hours from me right now.

I was wondering if how he is acting is typical and he cares or he is planning on using me because he thinks I am desperate? He says he really really really really likes me....he has told me already that he wants to take me to Nigeria to meet his family and wants to go places with his friends.

I have a very complicated home life right now which he isn't too thrilled about but understands. I have a special needs child who's father still stays and helps out with him a few days a week.

But the first day we saw each other we went for coffee and during his talking he said 'his sister is a doctor who is planning on coming to Canada next year and if we are still together you can meet her'. He wanted to see more of me, so we met up for a movie that same night. When we were leaving the theatre we ran into a group of his Nigerian friends and they talked for a few seconds as we were walking out and he put his arm around me and sped up almost to get away from them. He wanted to see me again before I left home, so we went for lunch the next day. Then I had to do some shopping. So we went out shopping together to get my stuff. Throughout our 2 days spent together at coffee he paid even took the cups back to the counter when we were done, helped put in my shoe I was trying on when I was having trouble, wouldn't let me lift the heavy things into or out of the cart, paid for our outings without me asking or saying anything. He said he was raised to treat women right and take care of them. He held my hand and hugged me often. He has been nothing but sweet. He is in Canada on a student visa though, and starts his program in a few months. I told him he had better not use me to get citizenship and he told me how he was planning on applying when he was finished school. He seems to come from a well off family, his dad is a dr his mom is a principle. I told him I don't want sex for awhile because I have been used before. And he said he was fine with that but kept talking about and mentioning sex, but now after I got mad at him about some stuff on facebook he said he did think of sex with me next time I was down but now no sex until I am ready.

But he just added me to facebook and I saw some pictures which bothered me. They were comments saying he has a beautiful wife and his daughter and his twins. There were no pictures of him with his wife and kids together just a picture of one or the other seperately. so I got mad and confronted him. He was calm about it and explained everything....and he deleted the pictures. But not sure if he is just saying that or if he really does have a wife and kids back home. When we were talking when we were out shopping we passed a couple that had twins, and he was like aww look twins and really seemed to like the kids we came upon.

Please some advice or suggestions or ideas. He is the first Nigerian I have dated and I understand culture and ways of life are different. Just wanting some insight if this is 'normal' or I should be concerned.

Thank you!!
God Bless!!
LMAO gringrin

he is using you,move on already
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by Eleniyan15: 9:03am On Jan 04, 2016
Godfearing

relax,chill

the truth is that this guy in question is likely not too be single and also since he is in Canada, the guy may also like you for real and since you are Canadian
He would just decide to use one stone to kill two bird
And as for him been caring yes, 65% of Nigerian men are like that as far they truly loves you

So just keep calm nothing do you just give him 60% of your heart and try get too know more about him don't be too anxious oooo and inquisitive.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by jmaxjohn(m): 9:04am On Jan 04, 2016
misspicy:

LMAO gringrin

he is using you,move on already
Chai. Y i call u sef cry
Mawnin dear smiley
Re: Is It Real.....please Be Kind With Your Replies by misspicy(f): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2016
jmaxjohn:
Misspicy, wachyasay
I don't want to be a mood spoiler or type long words

in fact I don't want to dissect and analyse the story its so obvious he is playing her gringringringrin

so amma just advice her to move on if she will listen and not remain blinded by fake love and fake care

you know say this oyinbo girls dey mumu wella gringrin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Attracted You To Your Partner?? / (gals Only) How Do U Feel When A Doctor Touch Ur Kitty Cat / Do You Think 200k Salary A Month Is Sufficient For A Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.