Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year (18168 Views)

"Some People Are Threatened By Jonathan's International Profile"- Ikechukwu Eze / RE-IPOB Names Jonathan Kurubo As Leader, Lists Soyinka, Gana For Talks With FG / GEJ Vote Of Thanks After Be Named International Person Of The Year, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by frankwyte: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
I get shocked whenever i hear international community recognizing GEJ as a Man to be celebrated: this is the second person that being celebrated like Mandela in Africa tho GEJ is still alive! Little wonder and quite a million question; why is the campaign back home not sufficient to rubbish this man goodwill and credibility? or the outside world do not know the rut perpetuated under his administration?; lest i forget, it was PMB that said the international community know more than we know when he was alluding to Nigeria been broke. From PMB statement i conclude that the campaign against GEJ is to smear his name and persons yet we Nigerians are not seeing the handwriting.....

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by hollywater: 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2016
Haters will be like, oooo we don tya to dey hia dis man name na.even de whole afrika dey recognise am self.

4 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by erunz(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
originalmachine:
...they have gone to hide...hahaha...they hate post like this
NO MIND THEM.

3 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by anonimi: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:
GEJ is a good man as far as managing people and money are not involved.

People like Adesina, former Agric minister, right?
Or Aganga, former Industries minister, abi?
Or Stella Oduah, Aviation minister?

etc who transformed our socio-economic landscape to the extent that Fashola and his Minister of State had to admit that Jonathan built most roads while Amaechi is doing paparazzi with his revived railways after Aregbesola has been using it for "free" rides during Ileya and Christmas.
Who are you fooling here?
Who

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS2a_fGSMD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scv76-XLRxU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEm-cxgKN8A

As for money, the records show that he managed corruption better than Obasanjo and wanted to do away completely with the sink-hole called fuel subsidy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by ImmorTALbet: 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
CountDracula:
Please don't make racist and tribalistic comments on
this section.

Who knows the section where I can do dis pls?
zoo section

1 Like

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by anonimi: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
rozayx5:
that one is chasing kanu and dasuki by the time he is done 2019 don reach

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2682938_img2015072826629_jpegfa206e5609ff464467c82ea736caee6a

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Gbawe: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
sarutobie:

hang yourself then. like your solo inconsequential opinion about him matters to those the international community that recognized his worth.

You think I speak for narrow-minded people like you? How many Nigerian deaths did Jonathan cause directly or indirectly? Far too many is the answer. If you appreciate life and you know you cannot restore it once lost then you will never support a man who caused the death of so many Nigerians cynically.

I am not interested in thinking like the sycophants or ignoramuses, oblivious of the local crimes/misrule of GEJ, who gave this asinine award. Look at ambitious and sucessful nations like the UK, USA, Germany , France et al. You cannot even kill one of their citizens or armed force personnel without serious repercussion. Yet GEJ watched many Nigerians die like chickens and even abetted the death of many soldiers with the corruption Dasuki is now telling us 'oga at the top' sanctioned. We even all see now how the Nigerian army is a far more serious and focused unit under Buhari than was ever the case under GEJ who ensured virtually every kobo meant to empower our army was looted. Instead the army turned election riggers and private intimidation force for the PDP. You people are simply incredible and I think it is not ungracious that many intelligent folks say Nigerians deserve the nation/leaders they have.

2 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by lagosrd: 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by morganacanta: 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:
GEJ is a good man as far as managing people and money are not involved.
Don't be misled dear...the man is evil... I will take buhari anyday over him
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Angelovic96: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
Teensway:
EVERYTHING GOODLUCK....WHAT OF BUHARI?

ASK AfricanSunTimes
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Wolfbrother(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2016
erunz:
GEJ MY HERO MY MENTOR, A MAN OF PEACE, A HUMBLE GENTLE MAN. LIKE ALL OF US HE MADE SOME MISTAKES, BUT GAVE HIS BEST

my mistakes did not directly involve over 173.6 million lives tho
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by miqos02(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
ok
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by simi4me(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
congrats to him

1 Like

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by erunz(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
lagosrd:

Wailers how market now.hahahah
WE THANK THE LORD, WHILE OUR HERO IS BEING APPRECIATED AND RECOGNIZE WORLDWIDE THEIR HERO IS COMPLAINING

5 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by lagdmark(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
We saw this coming.... Still waiting for Sir Dr. GEJ to pick up his Nobel prize for peace in Norway soonest.
Well deserved honor.

5 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by anonimi: 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Gbawe:
I don't agree with this at all. A "good man" will never be part of what GEJ allowed knowing such would could misery to millions. GEJ is not a good man and we should move away from the Nigerian penchant of promoting everyone who is not loud, ambitious and assured as "good", "meek", "humble" or "a gentleman misled by bad advisers".

In the most successful and ambitious nations in the world, you will never ever be proclaimed a "good man" if you are a leader who supervised the unconscionable looting of the people's wealth and even assisted the efforts of those who want to slaughter those you swore to protect even at the risk of your own life. Remember how GEJ cowered in cowardice while Nigerians were bein slaughtered whereas many leaders take risk to visit their soldiers on the frontline to boost moral and show they appreciate them. APC governors and leaders had to audaciously walk the streets of a terrorised Northern State before GEJ decided he had to act and deploy cynical propaganda so as not to lose political goodwill. That, for me, was very cynical and callous. An indicator of the unconscionable mind of a man only interested in remaining in office while not fundamentally bothered about the Nigerians dying under his watch and due to his actions/inactions. Man mi, you are on point virtually all the time but calling GEJ a "good man" is simply incorrect. He is not and will never be a good man.

ALL your reference to GEJ above should rather be to Buhari as far as records of our recent past with Boko Haram terrorists go.
You should tell better LIES next time, okay

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2587510_buharibokoharamnegotiator_jpegd42690cb2f2ac90a06f15aac5d233e2c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2474620_jonathanbornovisit2013_jpegf2c69cca8a86ac5a489d5faf6ffe04bb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2193460_buharifaultsbokoclampdown_jpega413ed39790bd6df7c30d3a27da2352c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2197070_stopkillingbokoharammembers2_jpeg5f078169b2de9f9501c7a9bbf6933c41

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by APCsupporter: 1:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
GracyGold:
Till then...NATURALLY AHEAD OF YOU. Do yourself d favour and relax.

It still doesnt change the fact that he is an otuoke idiot
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by drss1(m): 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Gbawe:

I don't agree with this at all. A "good man" will never be part of what GEJ allowed knowing such would could misery to millions. GEJ is not a good man and we should move away from the Nigerian penchant of promoting everyone who is not loud, ambitious and assured as "good", "meek", "humble" or "a gentleman misled by bad advisers".

In the most successful and ambitious nations in the world, you will never ever be proclaimed a "good man" if you are a leader who supervised the unconscionable looting of the people's wealth and even assisted the efforts of those who want to slaughter those you swore to protect even at the risk of your own life. Remember how GEJ cowered in cowardice while Nigerians were bein slaughtered whereas many leaders take risk to visit their soldiers on the frontline to boost moral and show they appreciate them. APC governors and leaders had to audaciously walk the streets of a terrorised Northern State before GEJ decided he had to act and deploy cynical propaganda so as not to lose political goodwill. That, for me, was very cynical and callous. An indicator of the unconscionable mind of a man only interested in remaining in office while not fundamentally bothered about the Nigerians dying under his watch and due to his actions/inactions. Man mi, you are on point virtually all the time but calling GEJ a "good man" is simply incorrect. He is not and will never be a good man.
in d category of good men, GEJ fits d group more compared to buari. good men do not threathen dogs n baboon blood every elections.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Lionsclaw: 1:31pm On Jan 04, 2016
Cool
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by anonimi: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
Gbawe:
You think I speak for narrow-minded people like you? How many Nigerian deaths did Jonathan cause directly or indirectly? Far too many is the answer. If you appreciate life and you know you cannot restore it once lost then you will never support a man who caused the death of so many Nigerians cynically.

I am not interested in thinking like the sycophants or ignoramuses, oblivious of the local crimes/misrule of GEJ, who gave this asinine award. Look at ambitious and sucessful nations like the UK, USA, Germany , France et al. You cannot even kill one of their citizens or armed force personnel without serious repercussion. Yet GEJ watched many Nigerians die like chickens and even abetted the death of many soldiers with the corruption Dasuki is now telling us 'oga at the top' sanctioned. We even all see now how the Nigerian army is a far more serious and focused unit under Buhari than was ever the case under GEJ who ensured virtually every kobo meant to empower our army was looted. Instead the army turned election riggers and private intimidation force for the PDP. You people are simply incredible and I think it is not ungracious that many intelligent folks say Nigerians deserve the nation/leaders they have.

What can make you stop spreading these baseless propaganda and LIES?
What
Maybe, just maybe, these headlines might. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2187924_109594257360386431786094855946062713643445n1_jpeg55bd38bf3a3f99bb50f7d7b4bab1597b

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by APCsupporter: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2016
comos:

I understand your frustration.

You think everybody is a poor man like you?
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by PassingShot(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
morganacanta:

Don't be misled dear...the man is evil... I will take buhari anyday over him
Of course Buhari is head and shoulders above him nah. At least, Jona conceded defeat when he was beaten. That one sef na good thing nah.
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by josh21: 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
APCsupporter:
Otuoke ogogoro drinking drunkard bastard. Gej will son land in jail
Mumu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by APCsupporter: 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hiploko:
even @ dat he is better than your dad

A person that is high on crack thinks only he and his colleagues get sense so i dont blame you
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by drss1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
frankwyte:
I get shocked whenever i hear international community recognizing GEJ as a Man to be celebrated: this is the second person that being celebrated like Mandela in Africa tho GEJ is still alive! Little wonder and quite a million question; why is the campaign back home not sufficient to rubbish this man goodwill and credibility? or the outside world do not know the rut perpetuated under his administration?; lest i forget, it was PMB that said the international community know more than we know when he was alluding to Nigeria been broke. From PMB statement i conclude that the campaign against GEJ is to smear his name and persons yet we Nigerians are not seeing the handwriting.....
now u see why GEJ responded with ''America will Know'' when asked about d so called missing $20 billion on interview. uptil now buari is yet to find d nonexisting missing money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by anonimi: 1:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:
Of course Buhari is head and shoulders above him nah. At least, Jona conceded defeat when he was beaten. That one sef na good thing nah.

drss1:
in d category of good men, GEJ fits d group more compared to buari. good men do not threathen dogs n baboon blood every elections.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by APCsupporter: 1:38pm On Jan 04, 2016
josh21:
Mumu.

Bastard
Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Episteme2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
PassingShot:

You're dull.
What a great pain I've caused you for just holding a different opinion which I am definitely entitled to.
I'm not excited though because it's typical of APC hangers-on who resort to name-calling at the slightest provocation.
Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

3 Likes

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by 9jatatafo(m): 1:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
APC and co belle don turn to septic tank

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AfricanSunTimes Names Jonathan International Person Of The Year by Rooneyboy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 04, 2016
I just hope Olamide doesn't come rubbishing the award ......... Saying lil Kesh deserves the award .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Godwin Obaseki's Gift To Paul Arkwright, British High Commissioner In Edo / Why We Supported Uche Secondus – PDP Governors / Amaechi Reacts To Blackmail Reports - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.