Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49404 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by marlockj: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
Good
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by ojnnaco(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:
Murtala mohammed has always been an eyesore but under Jonathan, that eyesore became something else . You need to see the immigration desk in arrival to experience the Jonathan's transformation.
In spite of the so called 1 billion dollars worth of transformation.
The place stanks,
Ceiling without ceiling tiles exposing the moldy concrete beams above.

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.
3 Panty like buckets, the leg of a broken chair all over the place.
4 Broken furniture stacked in a corner and within sight of visitors.
That Hall could have been mostly rectified with less than a million naira.
Well said!!! But if its the best now the whole glory will be attributed to the current administration.. Continue with the blame game.. descendants of LIE MOHAMMED.. Bunch of Ingrates

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by refreshrate: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:
Murtala mohammed has always been an eyesore but under Jonathan, that eyesore became something else . You need to see the immigration desk in arrival to experience the Jonathan's transformation.
The place stanks,

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.

YES ITS TRUE AS SOON AS JONATHAN CAME INTO POWER EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE O, NA SO THE MAN CARRY 2 BY 4 BEGIN BREAK EVERYWHERE FOR THE AIRPORT. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIM THAT DAY. HE EVEN CAME BACK THE DAY AFTER TO MAKE SURE THE AIRPORT WAS COMPLETELY WRECKED.

i mourn for you.

13 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=magicminister post=41730635]All the buses that are meant to shuttle passengers from the parking lots to the murtala mohammed international airport are no longer working due to lack of maintenace. May i remind you that there were all bought brand new some years back
Passengers have to trek miles in order to move from parking lot to air-port and vice versa.
I was unfortunate enough to have been at the airport yesterday and i ended up with severe back pain due to the trekking and load i tagged along.

Secondly, the car park toll gate was malfunctioning and the security men took maximum advantage. instead of paying at the cashier's desk, the security men would accept a token from vehicles and let them pass.

lol..i am used to it already.. so i have made it a point pf duty to use boxes i can drag on d road. though at mm2,whenever i use a private car,i stop at the enterance of the departure terminal because na arik or nothing for local flight.. U shuld see Nmandi Azikiwe airport,the park is far from the terminal,u also av to drag your baggages to the airport..May God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by ojnnaco(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
and the current minister of Transport once had a dinner with Soyinka with #82mill....
Nigeria as a whole needs urgent divine intervention

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by proprince(m): 7:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Is that not the change you guys wanted? undecided

APC govt is blind to see minor errors like that to correct

What a shame.

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by xreal: 7:48am On Jan 07, 2016
We are the most travelled, yet nothing works for good in our country home.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:
The place stanks,

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.
You are "right." During Obj and Yaradua the airport was at par with that of Brussels and even Frankfurt. The funds allocated for maintainance were judiciously used and everything was working untill GEJ and ruined everything. Within 5 Years he changed Nigeria from a first world countru to a third world country. Within five years we lost all the cars, cement and other manufacturing industries. Within five years Nigeria that was once a multi-economic nation was reduced to a mono-economic nation. Within five years from zero unemployment rate to what we have now. Untill you people start addressing the root cause of our problems and stop throwing blame around this administration will end up achieving nothing

11 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by iamjayboss(m): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:
you can clearly see the parked buses that are supposed to shuttle commuters to and from the airport to the car park.

most people ended up trekking all the way to the airport with their heavy luggages as shown in the picture above.

Lest i forget, one of the Nahco Aviance staffs accosted me for taking pictures.... lol!!...

So someone can't take photos at the airport again, the airport na him father property or they are ashamed of the state of the airport? God help us in naija o

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by hezy4real01(m): 7:54am On Jan 07, 2016
Ko Kan aye, u sef fellow corrupt the Country Noted sha
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by islandmoon: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2016
this look like prison
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Vivalavida99(f): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by lastpage: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

I don't really care about this hell. Very very soon I won't be a Nigerian. I used to think biafra was the answer but with what I have seen, am running away before its too late.

The answer is neither Biafra nor Nigeria.......... it is YOU and ME saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and "making a STAND".

That place you are going, was once like Nigeria ..but THE PEOPLE MADE THEIR STAND!
Even if they give you citizenship.... you will always be "second class" in those places.

Imagine that a twelve year old boy "Tanya" was hot dead by a white Cop within "2 seconds" of approach at a children's park, because the officer said "he was afraid of a 12yr old boy with a Toy gun in his pocket". So he killed the "Black Boy"! undecided undecided

...Yet, grown ups with real guns, threatening the U.S Government, take over a Federal Building since LAST WEEK and still there NOW.
Even the FBI could not approach within 50KM of the location!...because "they were afraid" of what might happen!

Ofcourse, these anarchist are "white folks"........ if they were black, they would have been "dead and buried within ten minutes". grin grin

So, be careful what yo wish for. Let us make our country work for us.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by AKO1(m): 8:03am On Jan 07, 2016
cannonnier:

. Look at it this way; "atleast you had exercised you bones".

That sentence is everything that is wrong with Nigeria. We'd rather manage than fix sh*t.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by lastpage: 8:04am On Jan 07, 2016
proprince:
Is that not the change you guys wanted? undecided

APC govt is blind to see[b] minor errors[/b] like that to correct

What a shame.

Yea, a "minor error" that will cost over a Billion Naira, right!

"Political" maggot! angry

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Vivalavida99(f): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2016
woodcook:
You are "right." During Obj and Yaradua the airport was at par with that of Brussels and even Frankfurt. The funds allocated for maintainance were judiciously used and everything was working untill GEJ and ruined everything. Within 5 Years he changed Nigeria from a first world countru to a third world country. Within five years we lost all the cars, cement and other manufacturing industries. Within five years Nigeria that was once a multi-economic nation was reduced to a mono-economic nation. Within five years from zero unemployment rate to what we have now. Untill you people start addressing the root cause of our problems and stop throwing blame around this administration will end up achieving nothing
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Ecoplexus: 8:05am On Jan 07, 2016
I can see people are still blaming GEJ even after 9 months of APC rule; all complaints from thereon lies solely on the "amiable" Minister of Transport Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by whirlwind7(m): 8:06am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.
WOW!!!
Even though this statement was meant to be sarcastic (The part about selling the country to China and let everyone share the proceeds) I think it actually holds some merit.
Black Africans are absolutely horrible at governing themselves. We suck at almost everything, apart from fvcking, eating and perhaps, sports.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Idowuh(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

calm down bro
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Atlantian: 8:10am On Jan 07, 2016
That airport is like a glorified bus stop.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by wickedworld: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=magicminister post=41730693]

amen oh.
I mean, nobody is asking for a miracle but its sickening to see us fail the very basic tasks.
I am sure the maintenance budget for those buses and the toll gate have been duly disbursed but someone is sitting on it.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by lanre316: 8:11am On Jan 07, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Cursed black men and black nations; disgrace to humanity; I wasn't expecting anything different...

Blackmen, Black brain.... Useless people, swine to the world... people living like pigs in 21st century and donot see it as a problem...

**spits**

You're an ignorant, bigoted and idiot racist.

Motherfucker, do you have to open your stinking foul mouth and insult a whole black race. Granted some black nations have some problems just like some other Caucasian and Mongolian nations, but do you have to insult the whole black race. What a waste of sperm from your useless father. Your whóre of a mother should have aborted that waste product that became you. Idiota.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by wickedworld: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Good u see why millions of ppl support buhari to probe them.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by chinene1(f): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
This is nothing new. It's business as usual in Port Harcourt. No pretense.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by uncleu(m): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone.
Useless country.

It's not exactly true that trolleys are free in every airport outside the country. In UK, I paid at Birmingham airport while departing. I think I paid £1 to unluck the trolley. In US, at Bush Intercontinental Houston, I paid $5 to unluck it while departing. At both of these airports, trolleys were free during arrival.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by bidexmat(m): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2016
The moment you take off, jst look behind you'll see me! grin I repeat, this country is outrageously useless! I deh plan to pick race b4 my talent die for Niger area, funny enough na white man rescue me when I was about giving up on life and now I feel alive! "Nigeria will be great again" my foot! I'm not a pessimist, let's just face the reality cause it pisses me off when I hear Nigerians say it took America a hundred years to be where they are today, this entity is nothing to write home about @55, so tell me that a 55years old man without bearing is not a walking corpse. Nigeria's problem is deeply rooted in her genesis, 'when the foundation is bad, the builders build in vain'
tensazangetsu:

I don't really care about this hell. Very very soon I won't be a Nigerian. I used to think biafra was the answer but with what I have seen, am running away before its too late.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Maestronaija(m): 8:21am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

U just want to comment abi?
Trolley free everywhere else in the world?
U must b a joker.......

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
I agree that the airport is a disgrace, but trolleys aren't free in all countries.
At LAX, departing passengers have to shell out $5 for a trolley.

How I wish the upcoming Lekki airport will take over the international functions of MMIA.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by uyplus(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
You can run away from Nigeria but Nigeria can never run away from you cos Nigeria runs in your blood its in your skin,its in every facet of your life.
When i see some youths saying they want to run away from NG i just shake my head. If Lee Kuan Yew ran away from singapore will singapore get to where it is today.
If Nelson Mandela ran away from SA will SA get to where it is today.NO!! they wont but because this men had the love of their country at heart they chose to stay and revive their fatherland.
You never know that of NG might be me,it might be you or anyone else. As for me no matter how bad NG can be i will stay and do my best.

My friend, go and sit-down.. When you have the opportunity to leave, you'd realise how much of time you have lost staying back in Nigeria. A country with zero progress, nothing works!! Mandela was a leader, are you one? The leaders we have in Nigeria are not ready to make sacrifices, so this country may never get better. Look at the Senate, demanding 40bn for car purchase.. Whenever I read about my country on the net, I weep!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Lexusgs430: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2016
What I do is, I ask my driver to pick me at the front of departure lounge.
I synchronise my outing of the terminal, with him on the phone(military style), by the time I get there waiting, he arrives within 1 minute or less!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.