Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: (49411 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / How I Was Scammed By A Hotel / Booking Agency At Murtala Mohammed Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by enomakos(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=GettysBurg post=41731657]

That's not true! In many airports in the USA, including JFK, New York, you pay up to $6 to use a trolley.

And it is not N500 paid for trolleys at MMIA Lagos.

Make we dey talk true.[/quotehow much is pay then?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 07, 2016
uncleu:

It's not exactly true that trolleys are free in every airport outside the country. In UK, I paid at Birmingham airport while departing. I think I paid £1 to unluck the trolley. In US, at Bush Intercontinental Houston, I paid $5 to unluck it while departing. At both of these airports, trolleys were free during arrival.
The same thing applies to LAX. Trolleys are free for arriving passengers.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by enomakos(m): 8:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Cursed black men and black nations; disgrace to humanity; I wasn't expecting anything different...

Blackmen, Black brain.... Useless people, swine to the world... people living like pigs in 21st century and donot see it as a problem...

**spits**
i am a blackman but i am not cursed
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

I agree that the airport is a disgrace, but trolleys aren't free in all countries.
At LAX, departing passengers have to shell out $5 for a trolley.

How I wish the upcoming Lekki airport will take over the international functions of MMIA.
Yes at the departing. Arrival is free everywhere else.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by missojugo(f): 8:41am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

amen oh.
I mean, nobody is asking for a miracle but its sickening to see us fail the very basic tasks.
I am sure the maintenance budget for those buses and the toll gate have been duly disbursed but someone is sitting on it.

Sitting on it ke. Money that has been spent on trips to dubai and UK...or maybe its part of the money spent during the elections last year for 'elections logistics'. EFCC where are you

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by GboyegaD(m): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

Trolleys are not free everywhere in the world as such, we shouldn't accuse them since the trolley service is quite effective.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by hustla(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.

Free here in India
Infact we dey use am play ni sef, we go sit ontop am, another person go dey push u , e dey sweet, forget old age

grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by MztrChukwu(m): 8:47am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
That airport is a disgrace. What of the fact that you have to dish our 500 naira to use a trolley. Something that is free everywhere else in the world. This country should be sold to China and the money shared for everyone. Useless country.

I beg to differ, my dad paid 2500 for the bigger trolley while the smaller one was N1650
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2016
lastpage:

The answer is neither Biafra nor Nigeria.......... it is YOU and ME saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and "making a STAND".

That place you are going, was once like Nigeria ..but THE PEOPLE MADE THEIR STAND!
Even if they give you citizenship.... you will always be "second class" in those places.

Imagine that a twelve year old boy "Tanya" was hot dead by a white Cop within "2 seconds" of approach at a children's park, because the officer said "he was afraid of a 12yr old boy with a Toy gun in his pocket". So he killed the "Black Boy"! undecided undecided

...Yet, grown ups with real guns, threatening the U.S Government, take over a Federal Building since LAST WEEK and still there NOW.
Even the FBI could not approach within 50KM of the location!...because "they were afraid" of what might happen!

Ofcourse, these anarchist are "white folks"........ if they were black, they would have been "dead and buried within ten minutes". grin grin

So, be careful what yo wish for. Let us make our country work for us.

Lastpage!
You're absolutely spot on.
If the anarchists were also brown-skinned Muslims, there will be no bullshit about "avoiding an escalation of the situation". An FBI SWAT team would have invaded the place.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by cannonnier(m): 8:50am On Jan 07, 2016
AKO1:

That sentence is everything that is wrong with Nigeria. We'd rather manage than fix sh*t.
sad grin
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Very True. I experienced that a few weeks ago. The treeking wasn't palatable at all. The worst is the guys with the trolleys would tell you u can't take it to the park.

NIGERIA REALLY NEEDS TO BE CLEANSED
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by sammade: 8:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Of all things said about a pathetic Nigerian airport Na trolley fight you see to pick smh. And you have traveled O and u still talk like dis
uote author=EgunMogaji post=41730822]

Trolley is not free in the USA when departing unless you hijack an unused one in the parking lot. I know that it's free in arrival in Houston but not free in both arrival and departure in LAX

Let's be reasonable.[/quote]
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by cannonnier(m): 8:52am On Jan 07, 2016
AKO1:

That sentence is everything that is wrong with Nigeria. We'd rather manage than fix sh*t.
We're a great people in all ramifications. sad grin
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by tsdarkside(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Let's be reasonable.

thank jonathan...purchasing,purchasing,,,,without a plan for maintenance.....
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 07, 2016
oduastates:
Murtala mohammed has always been an eyesore but under Jonathan, that eyesore became something else . You need to see the immigration desk in arrival to experience the Jonathan's transformation.
In spite of the so called 1 billion dollars worth of transformation.
The place stanks,
Ceiling without ceiling tiles exposing the moldy concrete beams above.

1Leaking roof.
2 Hot and damp.
3 Panty like buckets, the leg of a broken chair all over the place.
4 Broken furniture stacked in a corner and within sight of visitors.
That Hall could have been mostly rectified with less than a million naira.

And Stella Odua was making noise that there was transformation

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 07, 2016
MztrChukwu:

I beg to differ, my dad paid 2500 for the bigger trolley while the smaller one was N1650
The small one was N1650?! Was that for arriving passengers?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by grandstar(m): 9:02am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
were the 4 main airports not concessioned? was it not GEJ who breached them and started a mind buggling contract bazaar?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Luukasz(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2016
uyplus:

My friend, go and sit-down.. When you have the opportunity to leave, you'd realise how much of time you have lost staying back in Nigeria. A country with zero progress, nothing works!! Mandela was a leader, are you one? The leaders we have in Nigeria are not ready to make sacrifices, so this country may never get better. Look at the Senate, demanding 40bn for car purchase.. Whenever I read about my country on the net, I weep!!
Nigerian leaders are diseases to our Nation but it seems some citizens like this young man are also aiding those diseases. If USA was bad like NG do you think americans will leave i doubt it
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by peren: 9:07am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

The trolley cost 150 the last time i was at the airport, and in fairness i paid $6 at JFK for a trolley too. So it is not free everywhere else in the world.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by oduastates: 9:08am On Jan 07, 2016
woodcook:
You are "right." During Obj and Yaradua the airport was at par with that of Brussels and even Frankfurt. The funds allocated for maintainance were judiciously used and everything was working untill GEJ and ruined everything. Within 5 Years he changed Nigeria from a first world countru to a third world country. Within five years we lost all the cars, cement and other manufacturing industries. Within five years Nigeria that was once a multi-economic nation was reduced to a mono-economic nation. Within five years from zero unemployment rate to what we have now. Untill you people start addressing the root cause of our problems and stop throwing blame around this administration will end up achieving nothing
Root cause was the damn unification decree foisted on the country by the greedy SE elites.

That I'd the problem. That does not stop us from discussing the lost opportunity.
500 billion dollars earned in 5 years excluding the $1 billion loan from China that the corrupt Stella oduah got ftom China and yet the country's busiest airport remains an eyesore.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:
nah that trolley own dey vex me. they will now hold it like it's their private car.

we were arguing about this issue some days back, I concluded that the next time dey meet me to 'help ' carry my luggage ,I will say, 'thank you ' and zoom off. then lemi see if I'd get arrested.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2016
sammade:
Of all things said about a pathetic Nigerian airport Na trolley fight you see to pick smh. And you have traveled O and u still talk like dis
uote author=EgunMogaji post=41730822]

Let's be reasonable.

Apologies, next time before I post I'll make sure to ask you to approve my opinion.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 07, 2016
shadowgwalker:
nah that trolley own dey vex me. they will now hold it like it's their private car.

we were arguing about this issue some days back, I concluded that the next time dey meet me to 'help ' carry my luggage ,I will say, 'thank you ' and zoom off. then lemi see if I'd get arrested.

Excellent.

It is the primary thing that bothers me too. Most of the many other inconveniences can be managed. We all have our tolerances.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 07, 2016
Luukasz:
Nigerian leaders are diseases to our Nation but it seems some citizens like this young man are also aiding those diseases. If USA was bad like NG do you think americans will leave i doubt it

Oh stop it.

Many Americans do leave America, I know plenty.

I even know some Americans that have given up their citizenship.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by magicminister: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Lexusgs430:
What I do is, I ask my driver to pick me at the front of departure lounge.
I synchronise my outing of the terminal, with him on the phone(military style), by the time I get there waiting, he arrives within 1 minute or less!!!!

Loool... you are talking as if u dont know the terrible traffic build-up that oftens occurs right before the airport.... kuhehe

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Yes at the departing. Arrival is free everywhere else.

Trolley is most definitely not free at arrivals in LAX.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2016
magicminister:

Loool... you are talking as if u dont know the terrible traffic build-up that oftens occurs right before the airport.... kuhehe

Hence the military style planning. So you would rather walk to the car park? LOL

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by wonlasewonimi: 9:28am On Jan 07, 2016
peren:

The trolley cost 150 the last time i was at the airport, and in fairness i paid $6 at JFK for a trolley too. So it is not free everywhere else in the world.

How are you expected to have N150 when you're just arriving? Plus the trekking from the car park to the departure lounge no get part 2, the wheels of your luggage fall off cos of the rough path. The baddest one is carrying your heavy luggage up the stairs to get to the departure area..These are just basic stuff that needs to be sorted but nobody seems to care.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 07, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Trolley is most definitely not free at arrivals in LAX.
Trolley is free at LAX. I used a trolley in the arrivals section last month
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2016
CFCman:

Trolley is free at LAX. I used a trolley in the arrivals section last month

Trolley is not free at LAX, you found one that hasn't been picked up by the porters.

There's a line by baggage claim where you have to use a credit card to release one.

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/07/16/cheap-luggage-cart-airport/
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by goryorhal(m): 9:40am On Jan 07, 2016
tensazangetsu:

grin grin cheesy
Re: My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: by chidextec: 9:45am On Jan 07, 2016
End time airport, End time trekking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Why Can't Nigeria Be Like Ghana? / Air Peace Takes Buys E195-E2 Aircraft (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.